BlackSky Community Forums
Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN) - Printable Version

+- BlackSky Community Forums (http://theblacksky.altear-rpg.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Roleplay (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: The Long Road (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Forum: Alizar (/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+---- Thread: Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN) (/showthread.php?tid=156)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14


Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN) - ShadowedSin - 06-26-2013 04:35 PM

Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid

OOC THREAD


For Malverines
"Heave ho here we go," the words rang out from some unknown person that day. It was the day after several things happened. First it was the day after the Malverines had fully learned what they had, Eldan artifacts. It was also the day that the Sovereigns would get their chance at revenge. A fine day awoke as a the Malverines gathered in the Saloon and around a large carved table with the Mavlerine image upon it. This was the Table, and around it would seat the Club officers. Around but not sitting at the table would sit the Club members.

At the head of the table sat Cathal, and nearby and across from him was Fortek and Carnatia, the current standing officers.
[Image: Untitled-2_zpsddf6af3a.png]

Upon the table in front of Cathal sat the one of the artifacts, a large cubic-foot metal box covered in strange green neon sigils. It seemed to hum as at the top a strange crystalline gem was set in the middle of it. Cathal waited as he said, "We are all hare cuz o' this blood thing. One o' many artifacts stolen from the Dominion from the Train Job. Issue we need ta know is how to turn the damn thing on. An' find the way to do so." Cathal then dropped a group of strange items on the table, all were crystalling cards all in different colors.

1. Card is Silver.
2. Card is Gold.
3. Card is Clear


He waited for everyone to get a look as he proceeded, "This is all we know about the sigils found around the top"

He then brought up a written version of Shiori's translation onto a holo set in the center of the Table:

OOC: *- symbols of the message that could not be translated.

"*** must activate the me*sa** using the *** of the lost ***. The *** is mark** in silv** and *ed and is sha*** like ** arr**"
For Sovereigns
The decision had come down from the Talyn herself, attack the damn Malverines and retrieve the goods. Those who had come on the ride were anyone willing to earn some extra cash and actually take orders from their Dominion superiors. Jumping on their bikes and a small group in a hovercopter the group slowly made their way in toward the saloon itself. Arriving they would stop several hundred feet from the actual saloon behind a copse of trees to hide their escape. In the hovercopter they would have a supply of hover lifts to help them get the boxes out and then enough weaponry to make their attack (heavy guns, even a rocket launcher).

The hovercopter itself only held infantry arms and itself was not carrying vehicular weapons. It was geared for a quick pull out and escape. So it could not be used for a direct assault unless someone boarded it and fired from the large open side doors. It was capable of holding three people plus four large crates on the inside. Restraints were inside to hold people and whatever cargo was loaded within.

[Saloon]
-----Road-----

[Trees]
X - Sovereign starting position.


The copse of trees sat away three hundred feet from the Saloon itself. They would wait a few minutes before attacking.


OOC: Alright kids lets do the quick break down of what you can do in this thread.

Malverines you are all located in or are late for Churh. If you are late youc an arrive along the road like this quick image below:
[Saloon]
-----Road-----

And then from the road enter when you want to. This can be in, during or after the attack of the Sovereigns. Prospects feel free to jump in when you can, if the attack is underway just walk up along the road and assist when you can!

Sovereigns you are all located in or around the Hovercopter and the hoverbikes behind the copse of trees three hundred feet from the actual Saloon. If you join before attack start your post behind the trees afterward you can either be in the attack party or guarding the area behind the hovercopter. Note one of you will need to pilot the copter and help move everything.

This means that one sovereign needs to grab the hover lifters.

Those jumping in who aren't in the actual Unit or Club

Exiles - Feel free to jump in and fight the Dominion.
Dominion - Feel free to hear about the attack over the Dominion airwaves, or just notice the Dominion hovercopter taking off near deradune. The Talyn family also has an open bounty ON the malverines so feel free to just wander in and partake in the Rp!

Saloon Interior (Click to View)



RE: Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN) - 8Bit - 06-27-2013 04:00 AM

Dylan half-leaned, half-sat against one of the Saloon tables that had been pushed out of the way to make room for the larger table where the officers and the artifact now sat. He listened to Cathal as he spoke, his attention shifting back and forth from the man to the artifact on the table, his gaze coming to rest on the strange crystalline gem embedded into the top of the cube. He shook his head slightly as Cathal shared his frustration about not being able to 'turn the damn thing on' and chuckled as he shrugged his shoulders. Standing up from the table he took a few steps towards the officer's table, reaching out towards the artifact as he moved.

"Well, has anyone tried just messing with this crystal thing up top?" he asked as he leaned in to blindly poke at the humming crystal atop the cube.


RE: Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN) - The Defenestrator - 06-27-2013 04:01 AM

Fortek

Fortek looked at the Eldan artifact like it was some sort of curious bug. Interesting, but probably easily squished; Fortek didn't know much about it either, and Eldan tech wasn't a forte of his. Thus, he listened quietly... but patted the rifle next to him, hoping that the Church wouldn't be a bunch of puzzle-solving. Fortek preferred to build buildings and smash mechari rather than to figure out the mysteries of Nexus. He was quick to aim a smack Dylan's hand though, having enough sense to know that pushing the big red button wasn't usually a great idea.


RE: Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN) - Taru Wildspark - 06-27-2013 05:05 AM

Taru had seen the meeting setting up, and she was behind the bar getting a few cleaning supplies. Dusty, indeed, and she figured she could use this time to mop up the dust bunnies that have inevitably gathered in the saloon's unused corners. Her attire was incredibly tame, unlike the waitress uniform some of them might have been used to seeing her in. She wore a simple tan jacket, a fitting, but breathable white undershirt, and a washed out blue skirt underneath. Adorned on her feet simple cream wraps that came around her ankles and over the arch of her foot- she definitely wasn't a fan of shoes when they weren't required of her. Taru's signature aqua blue hair was tied up in a lazy ponytail, with strands falling about here and there. She wasn't a perfectionist by any means, but looked clean enough to show that she put some kind of effort and care into her appearance.

The girl got everything ready and set a mop aside, but before she got started, she padded over the table barefoot, leaning in toward Cathal. "Should I get everyone something to drink?" she spoke quietly so as not to cause too much of a distraction. There was a calm and pleasant air about her, and if anyone looked her way, she'd regard them with a friendly smile.


RE: Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN) - Opie - 06-27-2013 08:27 AM

Opie stood in a building waiting patiently for the repairs on his favorite jacket to be finished. He looked out the door wishing he had ordered a drink before he had left the saloon. He made a mental note, the first thing when he got his jacket back would be to head to the saloon, order a drink, and be proud to show off this outfit now that it wasn't torn and tattered. "Assuming I get my jacket in the next 50 years!" Opie shouted to no one in particular, as his thoughts on a desire for a drink began to wear his patience thin. "Oh wait. I could always get a drink while I wait for the darn thing. Man, that is a much better idea. Unless it is ready yet?" Again the words directed at empty air. "No no. I don't want to go to the saloon without my jacket. Need to look presentable." Opie continued the debate aloud with himself as he waited.


RE: Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN) - Terrier - 06-27-2013 10:23 PM

Terrier is leaning against the wall by the door. Being just a prospect, he didn't want to get involved in the discussion unless he was called upon. He did, however, listen closely to what was going on. He idly traces one of his newly acquired Tattoo's. This one was extra special, as it was a pinup style piece of Naija, whom he had recently had the pleasure of meeting. Now, the Granok would never think of a romantic liason with an Aurin, but meeting a famous pin-up model was a something he always enjoyed. Naija, after all, was still painted on the fender of his hoverbike.


RE: Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN) - 8Bit - 06-27-2013 10:49 PM

Dylan frowned as the Granok swatted his hand away from the cube. "What?!" he asked Fortek with confused indigence, "I suppose you've got a better idea then?! What, we just gonna smash it open, 'rockfist' style?" Dylan furrowed his brow, adopting an overly dramatic fierce and stoic look and pantomimed bringing both his fists down in unison on some invisible target in front of him with a grunt.

Dylan then crossed his arms on his chest as leaned back against one of the tables that had been pushed out of the way behind him again, a small smirk on his face as surveyed the rest of the room looking for a reaction to what he thought was at least a mildly amusing pantomime of a granok smashing something.

((Based on the map in the opening post of this story, Dylan is leaning on one of the tables pushed out of the way to make room for THE Table and is just behind Carna. He probably stepped up next to Carna when he wanted to 'push the button' originally.))


RE: Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN) - The Defenestrator - 06-28-2013 01:14 AM

Pantomiming was funny. Fortek smiled, letting the thick human have his fun. After all, Fortek wasn't going to get mad at a (disrespectful) joke... he would let Carnatia do that. "Y'know what this looks like to me, Dylan? It looks like an explosive safe rig. You know what that crystal looks like? It looks like a trigger. You know what might happen if you press that crystal in the middle of church? No church. No Malverines. No nuthin'" said Fortek, before he turned his smile to Carnatia, as if to say... "He's yours now". Then Fortek leaned back to watch the ensuing sparks fly. Carnatia was not one to annoy, and Dylan... Dylan was one who annoys. Cathal needed to say something, and so he would: right after they stopped Dylan's pantomiming and attempted button-presses.


RE: Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN) - Carnatia - 06-28-2013 03:15 AM

Carna sat motionless in her position at the table. She was poised with her back straight as she listened. THis issue seemed serious, and she just naturally looked serious about it. She listens to the humming and looks at the cards closely. Eldan artifacts we don't know what they do, check. What else is new with anything Eldan. She thinks to herself. She folds her arms under her chest. She tilts her head looking them over.

Carn only side glances at Dylan as he appears beside her and tries to push something to be stopped by Fortek. Carna heaves a sigh at that and shakes her head. She turns to Dylan with a darkening glare.

"When it comes to Eldan artifacts we can't give it the old 'rockfist' try," Carna says to Dylan with a sigh, "But I will admit that's what usually happens, but it doesn't mean we have to do that."

Carna turns back to the objects on the table. She reaches out for the Cards. She pulls all three of them towards her and spreads them in her hand as if she were about to throw down a flush in poker. She brings them close trying to get the best look that she can get at them, and maybe for something anyone might have missed.


RE: Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN) - Shardheart - 06-28-2013 06:15 AM

Shiori just sighed before advancing to the artifact and looks at the cards with Carna. Glancing back to his rough translation he nicks the silver card from her hands before studying and moving around the table, glancing from the artifact to the card. He hummed in thought before trying to find anything red that went with the silver. "Message, message...what could you be. Where in this box does this card belong to be?" He seemed to be in his own world as he looked it over.

Before long he had walked full circle and had passed by Dylan. In doing so, he cuffed the man in the back of the head gently. "She's right. Eldan artifacts are not to be taken lightly. Take these cards for instance." He gestures to the one in his hand and the two still in Carna's. "It's highly possible that only one will actually work for the artifact's intended purpose. The other two are more than likely designed to activate a defensive system. Considering Eldan tech is based around mechanical life, I would put my money on a kind of neuro-toxin. Either that or it may just explode, taking out everything within a square mile or so, depending on explosive yield or how the charge is shaped." He pauses in thought. "This is assuming there is one mind you, but it has happened before."

Coming back around again he leans on the table to study the artifact and the card again. "Now, from what I understand from my knowledge of Eldan history, tech, and language this device is most likely used to hold a message of some kind. The exact nature of the message is open to question, but it is activated by something that is marked in silver and red most likely. It also require using something that belongs to a lost something. I'm still working out the full runic transation using the context clues available to me."