BlackSky Community Forums
Gaming Mouse? - Printable Version

+- BlackSky Community Forums (http://theblacksky.altear-rpg.com/forum)
+-- Forum: New and Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Help Desk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Gaming Mouse? (/showthread.php?tid=390)

Pages: 1 2 3

Gaming Mouse? - Scavara - 02-14-2014 01:56 AM

Hi guys! Since Wildstar focuses heavily on mobility, especially with the stalker, I was thinking of getting a gaming mouse.

I play on a laptop and don't have a very big desk, so I would like a wireless mouse, with side buttons under the thumb. I took the quiz on razer nagas, and it recommended the Razer Naga Epic. I like the look of the mouse, and its around the same size as my current (normal) mouse (I measured it), BUT the mouse is $130....I'd like to find a cheaper one if possible. Plus, it only has around 12 hours battery life. My current mouse lasts for days on its battery (but it doesn't have a rechargeable).

The Razer Naga Hex is cheaper ($80), and has enough buttons (I plan on mapping my movement keys to the mouse), but it has a cord.

I've also heard that Naga's buttons are hard to press..

So, any suggestions? Do you know of any other gaming mice? Or do you think a gaming mouse isn't even necessary in Wildstar and I should be fine with my normal, 2-button mouse?

Edit: Here's some pics of my how much room I have for my laptop/mouse (yes, I was watching Pocketz when I took the picture)
[Image: 001_zps58d045ed.jpg]

[Image: 003_zps4dcf08f6.jpg]

RE: Gaming Mouse? - Ekuman - 02-14-2014 02:37 AM

I use two different "gaming" mice, of which one is partly wireless. I haven't tried it for MMORPG yet but it fits comfortably in my hand and has an additional 6 buttons, for a total of 8 programmable buttons. It's the Razer Ouroboros, don't know the 'merican retail price on it tho.

RE: Gaming Mouse? - Scavara - 02-14-2014 02:44 AM

Just googled the Ouroboros...It doesn't look like it'd fit my hand comfortable. My hands are a little on the small size. My current mouse is the perfect size for my hands, so I'd like to find a gaming mouse with a similar size/shape.

RE: Gaming Mouse? - Ekuman - 02-14-2014 06:55 AM

You can customize the length and height of the Ouroboros.

RE: Gaming Mouse? - Enigma - 02-16-2014 06:34 AM

Lookup the SteelSeries Rival. Just came out at the beginning of the year, and honestly, it feels great. I have slightly smaller than average hand-size as well, and it fits me perfectly. Ergonomic grip as well, plus completely optical and full DPI customization.

RE: Gaming Mouse? - Scavara - 02-16-2014 06:52 AM

the Rival doesn't have enough thumb buttons (would need 4-6 buttons [forward, backward, left-strafe, right-strafe, dodge/dash)

I asked Metallis on his stream last night if he suggested getting a gaming mouse and he said I should try binding my movement keys to esdx (I think) and put the abilities around them. Might try that if I get in beta or when the game comes out.

RE: Gaming Mouse? - Lacuna - 04-16-2014 12:41 PM

I use the Razer Naga Epic, and it does have a rechargeable station, but goodness does the light on that thing wear its battery out quickly. I normally play with it corded. I have relatively large hands, with fingers to match, and I have never had a problem navigating the thumb buttons on the side of the Naga (my last Naga wore out after six years of daily use, which included a lot of lolsrs raiding and PVP).

Sure, occasionally I would hit the 2 when I meant to hit 5, but those occasions were so rare that I didn't worry about it. (I also found the 12 key impossible to hit with my long thumbs, so I just didn't map anything essential there.)

It is expensive, but every other gaming mouse I tried in my career has only last me about 6 months before failing in some capacity. After the Naga spent 6 years in good employ, I quickly replaced it with another Razer Naga, this time one that I could change the colors on.

RE: Gaming Mouse? - ShadowedSin - 04-16-2014 04:27 PM

What's a good affordable corded gamer mouse, I'm looking at getting one this year Big Grin

RE: Gaming Mouse? - kraalpants - 04-16-2014 11:35 PM

I've never had problems with Razer products - I use a Naga as well. They are durable and worth the little extra cash you are paying for. They have a full range of products, anything form (I believe) $40 to $130ish for mice. Personally I abhore wireless peripherals, I've had far too many bossfights were a signal dropped or the batteries puked out in the middle. Far to frustrating when a cord is utterly painless.

RE: Gaming Mouse? - Scavara - 04-16-2014 11:53 PM

I ended up getting the regular Naga mouse and I love it. It has 12 thumb-keys, glows green, and you can install this thing so that you can change where the number keys on the mouse are mapped too (I changed them to my Num-Pad so I could keep by abilities where they originally were [use mouse for movement]).

And it was only $80. I'm very happy with my Naga. But I did hear they are really weak against static, but I don't have to worry about that because my desk is made of wood.

I thought the cord would be a problem (I don't have a whole lot of room for it) but I just kept it wrapped up like it was in the box and the cord stays out of the way.