BlackSky Community Forums
Shiori Kaimu - Printable Version

+- BlackSky Community Forums (http://theblacksky.altear-rpg.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Joining the Saga (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Join the BlackSky (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Patched Brothers and Sisters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Shiori Kaimu (/showthread.php?tid=40)

Pages: 1 2

Shiori Kaimu - Shardheart - 05-09-2013 11:26 AM

Out-of-Character
Main Character Name / Primary Alt Name: Shiori Kaimu
Enjin / WildStar Central Username: Shiori
IM Contacts: Enjin mostly, Skype when it’s feeling cooperative.
What is your primary region / timezone and playtimes? CST, and generally any time.
Are you eighteen or older? I’m 21

Did you read and do you agree to abide by our Rules and Policy? Yup

What are your primary playstyles?
Medium RP, Social, PvE, Raiding, Dungeons, Crafting

What is your roleplaying experience?
Haven’t been roleplaying for very long, but I think I’m ok at it

What do you hope to gain from and contribute to the BlackSky as a Player? I hope to have a group of friends to come alongside and help with stuff, but with the understanding that I would be just as willing to help in return. It’s a give and take kind of thing and those people that I can call friends (which I hope to count all of BlackSky among in the near future) will have a loyal buddy at their backs to do things with and enjoy life. In short, lets enjoy our time together and make it well spent.

Would you like to join our guild Skype group? I don’t mind. As I said before, I can log on when Skype isn’t acting up.

Would you like to be on our mailing list for updates about the guild? Sure thing.

Are you a member of any additional guilds? Kjarten Homestead in GW2. I don’t abandon stuff unless abandoned first, so unless I get kicked out or something I’ll be playing it too.

Where did you find out about the BlackSky? I blame Kaloki. She hit me in the face with a two-by-four to join up since she heard of my interest in Wildstar

Any additional characters if so what Faction would they be in? It would just be my first character for a while. I can’t do alts without having fully geared up the toon I’m working on. I’m weird >.<

Any additional thoughts? I just would like to see something well structured. Freedom to do stuff is well and good, don’t get me wrong, but a chaotic mess were absolutely nothing gets done that’s constructive? Not my cup of tea. (By constructive I mean dungeons, crafting, RP, etc.)

In-Character Questions
What is your character’s race, gender, class, path? Human, Male, Probably Spellslinger, Explorer

Please describe your character appearance:
Standing at 6’1”, he has a lean muscled build emphasizing speed and agility over strength. He has short black hair and a trimmed beard that frames his jaw line. Also has piercing blue eyes.

Please describe your character's personality:
At times, he can be melancholy and introspective, and it's during those times that his mind truly shows the deep intellectual ability that he possesses. Never backing down, he's always ready to meet the next challenge, even if it's far bigger than he is. Shio does this for those few that he can call friends and loved ones. He will always fight for them, regardless of what the fight may be
Sometimes, you can also find him sitting and watching the world go by, a small smile on his face as he sees the freedom the world can bring. It's for this that he fights, and for this that he would die to protect.
Please describe three strengths and three weaknesses about your character: Strengths: Cunning, Empathetic, Guardian. Weaknesses: Won’t Back Down Easily, Prone to Bouts of Melancholy, Secludes Himself When Angry

What Faction would your character is your character joining? Exiles

Why would your character wish to join a either the Sovereigns or Maverinesb? Maverines

What kind of long term plotting, or character development plans do you have? Learning about Nexus as an Explorer, and helping his best friend Loki.

Where would your character fit into the Club or Unit as a prospect? Will often be a scout of explorer, finding new areas for them to take a look at. He’s protective of those he trusts, like Loki, and will also act as protector and guardian for them if need be.

How did you learn of, or encounter the Club or Unit? Kaloki. I totally can say her.

Do you mind the adult / violent nature of our Rp? Adult stuff? Private please. Violent? As long as it’s not over the top.

If you leave the club the club are willing to deal with consequences? I don’t plan on leaving, but if it comes to that then I will do so, yes.

(Examples: Leave well you get respected as a former brother and longtime frienad!

Leave badly we'll hunt you down! You'll get beat up etc.)

RE: Shiori Kaimu - ShadowedSin - 05-09-2013 06:11 PM

Questions!

1. Why do you think a guild leader should bring to the table in Rp?

2. What should the member bring?

RE: Shiori Kaimu - Shardheart - 05-09-2013 10:16 PM

(05-09-2013 06:11 PM)ShadowedSin Wrote:  Questions!

1. Why do you think a guild leader should bring to the table in Rp?
The guild leader should be able to herd the mass of cats that guilds tend to be at times. The ability to lead fairly is important as well. Far too often I've seen leaders go off on childish tangents when they don't get their way. Now, how I feel this applies to RP is that it has a tendency to go off track often. That's the organic nature of RP in and of itself. Being able to reign it in and keep it on track, without resorting to threats is a plus. I hope I was clear there.

2. What should the member bring?
While the leader is the core, the member is what helps keep the core of the machine running. We, as members, can bring ideas and thoughts that the leader can implement. If it is used, we then can come alongside the leader and help him/her keep things straight. While it's the leader that is generally the storyteller, the members are characters in the storyteller's story. Again, hope I was clear.

If anything isn't let me know. I have a tendency to ramble sometimes. Just ask Loki.

RE: Shiori Kaimu - ShadowedSin - 05-10-2013 05:30 AM

1. What caught your eye about our OOC policy?

2. What caught your eye about our IC lore and structure?

RE: Shiori Kaimu - Shardheart - 05-10-2013 07:03 AM

(05-10-2013 05:30 AM)ShadowedSin Wrote:  1. What caught your eye about our OOC policy?
Clear, concise, and that you stress an appropriate mature audience, instead of one that's completely off the chain mature...if you get what I mean.

2. What caught your eye about our IC lore and structure?
It is very clearly thought out and well designed. Granted it may take some time to memorize the IC structure of ranking/rules, so please be patient with me there.

RE: Shiori Kaimu - ShadowedSin - 05-10-2013 11:01 AM

Note:

1. What do you mean off the chain mature?

2. What are your opinions on problem resolution?

RE: Shiori Kaimu - Shardheart - 05-10-2013 11:11 AM

(05-10-2013 11:01 AM)ShadowedSin Wrote:  Note:

1. What do you mean off the chain mature?
To be blunt, posting ERP where everyone can see you, or graphic stuff like "I tear out your spine and beat you with it...then hang you like a shirt for good measure!" Stuff like that.

2. What are your opinions on problem resolution?
They need to be fair. They need to be balanced. For example, and I'm speaking from experience here, I was in a legion that one thing went haywire and the leader kicked everyone and disbanded it. That's not problem resolution...that's just plain silly. I like to see things talked out. Speaking with both parties in a calm, adult manner instead of yelling or bickering like children.

RE: Shiori Kaimu - ShadowedSin - 05-10-2013 11:16 AM

In problem resolution we try to include all the troubled parties and mediate the situation.

On the the ERP nature, we are a guild where violent stuff can happen. And it could get graphic which leads me to ask:

1. Are you okay with graphic or violent scenes, or adult situations (not like doing the nasty), but say our saloon is a strip club. Does that bother you?

2. We mediate consequences, but we expect people to work with them. Do you find this notion okay?

RE: Shiori Kaimu - Shardheart - 05-10-2013 11:22 AM

(05-10-2013 11:16 AM)ShadowedSin Wrote:  In problem resolution we try to include all the troubled parties and mediate the situation.

On the the ERP nature, we are a guild where violent stuff can happen. And it could get graphic which leads me to ask:

1. Are you okay with graphic or violent scenes, or adult situations (not like doing the nasty), but say our saloon is a strip club. Does that bother you?
Graphic or violent? Sure. Excessively graphic or violent to where someone is describing the feeling of a persons blood on their body as they tear them in half? No. (Sorry, but an example is an example right? XD) Now for things like strip clubs? Yeah, that's fine to an extent. So long as it's not taking out of hand...like guys jumping the girls and having their way with them right there in public chat...or vice versa. If that makes sense. ERP should be kept in private chat, like whispers or group between two people. That's my opinion anyway.

2. We mediate consequences, but we expect people to work with them. Do you find this notion okay?
Most definitely. If something is mediated and a resolution is reached, then I'll do my best to work with it.

RE: Shiori Kaimu - ShadowedSin - 05-10-2013 11:28 AM

No massive blood play orgies are not okay in public XD

1. You okay with our rules on lore and Rp?

2. Are you fine with strong sense of internal storyline?