Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
[Closed/Private] Gone Shopping [COMPLETED: 8/30/13]
06-16-2013, 05:28 AM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2013 05:29 AM by Taru Wildspark.)
RE: [Private] Gone Shopping
Taru smiled as she watched the pair interact. Seeing him put his pack down beside her, she picked it up and carried it with her and placed it by the sales desk. From there, she went looking at the clothing available from the men's side of the store. It was a thrift store- mostly hand-me-downs and other worn things that passersby didn't have need of, donated or threw away. Not all were in the best shape, and those that weren't had been patched up and resewn, probably by the lady who owned the place.

There were some newer items along in one corner of the store, hung on the wall, however these seemed to be a special order of a kind, and mostly consisted of lingerie and skimpy articles of women's wear. On the opposite side was the men's version, though it was mostly leather- jackets, vests, belts, and the like. What a stark contrast!

"Yeah, seems good. Functional. Not exactly stylish. But it's hard to find anything with style around here." She spoke as if she'd been doing this for a while. "But if you want something similar to what yer wearin', I can throw some stuff at ya."
06-17-2013, 09:09 AM
Shiori looks back down at himself again. Was his outfit of choice really that bad? It was functional and didn't get in the way so what was the problem? Mastering his original outburst at the woman he sighed. "Yeah, you'd know more about this than I would. I'm just a tech and robotics expert, so clothing wasn't wasn't exactly on my top list of things to buy. Besides...I only have about four outfits altogether that I wash..." The last part was barely a mumble as he looked down rubbing the back of his head in an embarrassed fashion.
06-17-2013, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2013 09:51 AM by Taru Wildspark.)
"Like you and some of those who pass through here. Not everyone can afford one of those fancy Protostar homes to store more than a few outfits, so they like to travel light, an' carrying more than what you got on ya is just extra baggage," she scratched the tip of her nose and she looked him over once again, brainstorming. "So I don't blame ya. At least you wash the damn things." It was her final comment before she started rummaging through the racks in the store, pulling out an article or two. "This definitely isn't the place to get anything brand spankin' new, unless you're interested in any of those dusters up there." she motioned to a spot on the wall, and then looked to Taru as the bubbly aurin pranced over holding and ungodly amount of clothing in her arms.

"You know I'm just going to have to put that all back, right..?" she gave Taru an odd look, but the girl just smiled back at her. The woman sighed and shook her head lightly, obviously somewhat used to dealing with the aurin's odd temperament. There were a few things in Taru's clutches that caught the woman's eye, and she pulled out a few, then handed them to the man. It consisted of two jackets, two pants, and a shirt. "See how those are on ya."
06-18-2013, 12:34 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2013 03:15 AM by Shardheart.)
Shiori blinked as the woman looked at Taru as she wandered over with clothes. Smiling at the bubbily aurin he was finding to be a good friend he picked up a black jacket that looked like it had armor built into it. "This looks interesting..." The young man mused aloud before taking off his coat right there, revealing his torso again before working on putting on the jacket. It fit perfectly, and he flexed around a bit to get a feel for it. "I like this coat."
06-18-2013, 02:36 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2013 02:37 AM by Taru Wildspark.)
Both of the women couldn't help but check him out as he exposed his flesh and threw on the jacket he was given. Taru tilted her head and spoke pointedly, "There's a dressing room in the back, you know!" she wiggled her nose, then looked to the older woman, who held her chin in thought, shrugging at Taru's comment. "At least he's not getting butt-nude in the middle of my salefloor." She eyed Taru a bit defensively before looked back to Shiori. "Yes.. that does look really good on you. It's such a unique cut, too, so it'd been hanging their for a while. Looks like you have the body type for it, though." The lady stepped up to him and adjusted the collar of the vest he put on. It was a sleeveless black vest with armor sewn in underneath the ridge-like pattern going down the abdomen, and it zipped up the front. She offered him yet another article, a long sleeveless coat with a lapel. "This one is kind of like what you already have but sleeker, and.. new. It's also the matching piece for that vest."

Taru just watched the two with great enthusiasm, bouncing here and there to get a good look. She still held a load of clothing, however, and so once it began to get heavy, she paced around the store trying to return the articles where she'd found them. Unfortunately for the owner of the store, she was putting them in the wrong places.
06-18-2013, 04:02 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2013 04:09 AM by Shardheart.)
Shiori blushed in embarrassment as he realized what he just did. Looking back at Taru he just grinned and scratched at his nose before fiddling with the vest a bit. It didn't take long before he was settled with it that the woman batted his hands away to fix it for him. Standing ramrod straight, the young man let the shop owner fuss over him before a coat was presented. Turning it this way and that with a curious look he slipped it on and stretched in it, letting the vest hug his frame. Turning to face the two women he spoke. "What do you think?"
06-18-2013, 04:26 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2013 04:26 AM by Taru Wildspark.)
The woman nodded at his question and rotated her finger at him- a gesture for him to spin around. Taru was still going about the store putting things back in the wrong place. "Taru... just leave them on the counter and I'll deal with it later," she mentioned to the aurin girl, though her critical eyes were still locked on Shiori's form.
06-18-2013, 04:55 AM
Shiori did as asked, turning as the woman inspected him before looking at Taru curiously. Did she come here that often that the woman was ok with this? Looking from Taru to the shop owner and back, he looked at the owner as he faced her again with a little smile. "She's in here often isn't she. I can tell from how you two act with each other." He looked back at Taru to see what she'd do with the clothes.
06-18-2013, 05:51 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2013 05:51 AM by Taru Wildspark.)
"Hmm.." the lady kept nodded her head, until he returned to his previous position, facing her. "Ah, yes. Taru comes by every morning. She's in here for hours, and we just talk." she gave Taru a soft smile. "That's one's definitely interesting. Got a few screws loose, but I don't think she notices." she laughed a bit and took a step back from the man, crossing her arms. "Looking good."

Taru, on the other hand, was at the sales desk, heaving the load of clothing onto the counter. The mound looks like it was stable... and she examined it closely, making sure nothing would tumble. After a few seconds of inspection, she bounded back over to the pair on the other side of the store. "Wow, Shiori!" she clapped lightly. "You look great in that!"

The lady looked at the aurin and smiled.
06-19-2013, 12:22 AM
Shiori looked bemused as he regarded the woman thoughtfully before turning to watch Taru try and stack clothes with a small smile. "Perhaps she does. Or perhaps it's us with a few screws loose ourselves and her the normal one. It's refreshing to see such kindness and warmth, especially in these times. I find her charming, in her own special way." He stopped as Taru bounded over to compliment him. "Well, thank you Taru. And you still look lovely as always. I must say, you were right about this place. I might have to come by more often."