Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
Pre-season Intermission 1: A Day before Church (MALVERINES!)
06-20-2013, 04:25 AM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2013 05:05 AM by 8Bit.)
RE: Pre-season Intermission 1: A Day before Church (MALVERINES!)
Dylan watched Taru walk away and begin to perform her duties with a moment of disappointment, at least long enough to think to himself, "... 'not on duty', huh? '...shift isn't until later today', huh? Great. She'd rather assign herself a work shift than sit down and talk to you." Composing himself, he quickly wiped the look of disappointment from his face before anyone noticed it (he hoped) and turned again to his drink trying to make himself feel better with ridiculous lies that even he didn't believe -thinking to himself, "Probably best, I mean you don't want to catch fleas or anything. And what if she coughed up a hairball on you or something?! Plus I've heard some of those Aurin bite - who knows if she's had her shots?"

Dylan frowned in disapproval about how horrible his inner monologue was at trying to cheer him up and instead downed the rest of his drink in one long shot, plopping the empty glass back on the bar top with over-dramatic flair and taking a deep breath, at which point he realized that that particular series of actions was generally much more effective and less worthy-of-ridicule when your glass was actually filled with something alcoholic and not 'water'. He quickly glanced around with a somewhat sheepish look hoping that his dramatics actually went unnoticed for a change.
06-22-2013, 06:07 PM
As usual Dylan and Carna were sparking up a conversation while Taru was doing whatever. He glanced over at the girl as Shiori activated a holo display on his data pad. Taking a break from whatever he was doing he sat back on the stool and waited for Taru to actually serve the shots. The truth was at this point he needed some superbly strong alcohol. As the kid began to show him bits and pieces of the actual designs. After staring at the symbols the little robots were a nice reprieve. Cathal reached up and over the bar and grabbed a cigar. Using a cutter he kept on his person he sliced off the end and set it down.

He turned around and noticed a nice bit the hard stuff waiting for him. Picking up the nifty little cigar he had prepared he held up a mag pistol and lit it with a small sigil. He glanced over at the waitress and leaned forward as he noticed her looking at something. Turning around to stare at the bar top he poke the interactive display on the bots. An interesting little display and the truth was the designs were definitely worth looking into.

((OOC: Why is everyone bolding everything? And did Carna and Dylan notice the boss angrily pacing around at all?))

That's when Shiori asked him a question and the man grinned. The cigar gave a bit of ease as he took a minute to think. Alright boyo time to calm down the bloody things aren't going to kill anyone. You think.

"Of course Shiori, ye can take a look. Moight as well," he replied and sat up. His hand reached out to find out the note tablet he was looking at earlier. His hand didn't find it. Taking a deep breath he looked around noticed that Taru had moved it.

"Taru...you enjoying reading the Eldan sigils I pulled off the artifacts we stole from the Dominion?" he said finally revealing what he had found in the Cargo.
06-23-2013, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2013 12:07 AM by 8Bit.)
(06-22-2013 06:07 PM)ShadowedSin Wrote:  ((OOC: Why is everyone bolding everything? And did Carna and Dylan notice the boss angrily pacing around at all?))

((I use bold to indicate when my characters are thinking or speaking. I add italics to the bold if it's something they are thinking and not saying aloud. As for not noticing Cathal, Dylan tends to be oblivious to a lot and focus on one thing at a time. This particular morning his focus was on 1) get a drink 2) ooh, cute waitress 3) crap! Spilled drink. 4)...annnnnd cute waitress has moved on. It is possible now that his attention queue has opened up again that he might notice Cathal. Wink ))
06-25-2013, 02:38 PM
((OOC: Anyone more posts are we almost wrapping this up?))
06-25-2013, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2013 10:43 PM by 8Bit.)
(06-25-2013 02:38 PM)ShadowedSin Wrote:  ((OOC: Anyone more posts are we almost wrapping this up?))

((I assumed this was just indefinite open RP until you (Cathal) wrapped it up by calling to order some meeting or something since everyone was told to come here. So, I'll drop in a new post and you can take it wherever you want to from there.))

Dylan glanced down the bar at Taru, his glass of dihydrogen monoxide on the rocks, now sitting empty before him. She seemed to be hovering over some kind of holographic display sitting on the bar in front of Cathal. The gruff man reacted to her curiosity with a question, "Taru...you enjoying reading the Eldan sigils I pulled off the artifacts we stole from the Dominion?"

"Eldan sigils?!" Dylan thought to himself as he overheard the comment, "No wonder that train was so well guarded! I though that kind of armament was a bit much for crates of supplies and foodstuffs!"

Standing up from his bar stool, now suddenly intrigued, he moved closer to the display standing near where Cathal now sat - close enough to reach out and poke at the holographic representation - which of course, he did.

As his finger entered the display field, the interface reacted in the manner it was programmed to when an item was selected at a single point of interest - it enlarged the item, filling the projection display area with a larger and more detailed view. "Woah - we grabbed Eldan tech from the dommies?!" Dylan asked with a combination of amazement and pride. With a chuckle he added, "They have to be soooo pissed! So, what does it do?! Can we see it?!"
06-26-2013, 01:27 AM
Shiori looked over at Dylan messing with the display and grabbed his hand. "Quit. That's for the boss, not you." He said seriously before looking over the other display that Taru currently had in her hand. Pulling out a notepad and pen he started writing down the symbols and sketching out various designs based on what the symbols were. In the end, all he got was, *** must activate the me*sa** using the *** of the lost ***. The *** is mark** in silv** and *ed and is sha*** like ** arr**. Presenting it to Cathal he sighed. "Sorry I wasn't better help. My knowledge of the language isn't perfect."
06-26-2013, 02:39 AM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2013 04:14 AM by Taru Wildspark.)
Mentioning the Dominion was all Cathal needed to do to get her to the put the holopad back down, which she did promptly. It clattered onto the counter a bit loudly, ears swiveling backwards at the sound. "Sorry! Shouldn't have.. touched it!" She corked the bottle she'd poured moments earlier and left it next to the shot glasses, motioning to them. "Here's the shots you requested.. Um." she noticed Dylan and Shiori messing with a holo display. She eyed them curiously but figured it wasn't any of her business.

Taru stepped out from behind the counter and moved to her previous seat at the at the bar. Looking to Dylan, she spoke softly to him, "Maybe food some other time? I'm not hungry at the moment." She smiled a bit. It was then that she heard the pitter-patter of tiny robotic feet coming from behind her. An ear swiveled towards the staircase leading to the second level, and her head turned with it. It was the small bush robot Shiori had built and given her. It somehow escaped from her room and was coming down the steps on its four bushy legs. The aurin immediately slid out of her seat and walked over to the little thing, scooping it into her arms. She looked over to see if anyone had noticed, and whether or not they did, she would shuffle back upstairs quietly.

(( Leaves the thread. :3 ))
06-26-2013, 03:29 AM
idly toying the the closed sign that he found on the ground while sitting outside, Terrier was bored... He'd been sitting outside for some time now and no one else had come or gone. He did, however, hear the sound of voices from inside. Deciding he had waited enough, and getting thirsty he stands up and opens the doors to the saloon.

Blocking the sunlight with is massive frame he slowly looks around the room. A wide grin splits his face upon seeing Fortek.

"Ahoy boulderbrains! I didna know you were in'ere!!!" ... "Oi! 'tender!" he motions to the bar area "Yer biggest cups and yer strongest booze, a round fer me an' Fortek'ere!"

Apparently ignoring everyone else in the room, he trundles over to the table Fortek is sitting at and crashes into a chair.
06-26-2013, 01:58 PM
A lot seemed to happen in the small frame of time that Cathal made the request and then spoke to Taru. Dylan came out of his little fugue and was reaching for the tablet and then Taru learned what it was from. He chuckled as he watched the "kids" and sighed. Cathal took a long drag from the cigar and knocked a bit off ash into the ashtray set on the bar top.

"Aye, we stole a pile of artifacts which are roight now layin' in crates down below. Sa don't go poking round there till we get moor o' that shite translated. Oh an' congrats on yer patch brotha," he said to the man. He then added to Shiori, "That's be a good start lad. Yer provin' yerself quit o' useful. Remind me ta give ye a patch soon."

His mind was now on the meeting that would start up tomorrow. He drank one of the shots that Taru poured and gave her a smile, "Yer doin fine lass."

He then glanced at the newcomer, the Granok, and sighed. Great. Cathal then stood up and walked outside with the tablet. It was time to get things together for Church the next day.

((OOC: Cathal leaves the thread, you guys are now free to finish up as you see fit :3))