Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Pre-season Intermission 1: Back to the Lodge (Sovereigns!)
06-08-2013, 08:12 AM
RE: Pre-season Intermission 1: Back to the Lodge (Sovereigns!)
Rexana watches the scene in front of her. What in the Dominion was she getting assigned too. She remained emotionless and watchful of the group. She stands motionless and waits for the 'Captain' to respond to the others. She would wait until a better time to speak out loud.
06-10-2013, 03:38 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2013 03:38 AM by A Gentleman of Leisure.)
Samuel broke mid-stride atop the bar with a slight groan casting his gaze over to the Mechari.

“The Mechari seconds and advisor I presume? Lady Talyn briefed me thoroughly about your arrival I would have thought you would have been uploaded with the necessary details... ” he mused raising a brow. He clapped his hands and with that a small orb shaped projection droid came humming into the room and with that hovered near his right shoulders. With a smirk he hopped down from his little make shift pedestal and left the orb floating above the bar, before he had the chance to speak and activate it his inbuilt HUD flashed the activation icon. The projector responded in kind suddenly basking the surrounds in green light, clever, he was still acclimatising to his new interface now finding many Dominion technologies at his beck and call. Bloody marvellous really. The eerie green glow cast shadows down his aristocratic features as he paced before the small line of troops. The image projected was his own, along with ID number, assignment detail and his rank. Captain. Nymphadora was many things, rich, powerful, ruthless and well, a bitch he thought but not being thorough was no such trait. It had been at best a few minutes since he entered, the moment she had screamed at him his new placement he knew it would be done. One does not simply disobey Nymphadora, especially if she was throwing a promotion at you. Though whether this was because she actually trusted her loyal dog of a soldier or purely out of spite was, up to debate.

"By order of Lady Talyn as I SAID!" he growls, prowling up and down glaring at the troops. He flicked his limp wrist and the projector would begin to cycle through various troops, somewhere in this room others simple marked K.I.A. "Well darlings there is no denying it, we got fucked over, royally. But good to see you six here, saw most of you plug a few of them myself." He smirked causing a few chests to swell with pride. "It was a bloody affair and as off yesterday it’s been confirmed" the holograms continued through the unit, the majority now K.I.A. "All our 'fallen' brothers and sisters; all hunted down and eradicated with the extreme prejudice we seemingly have become known for. Can't imagine where they got such a blood thirsty impression from..." he pouts then chuckles inciting some other chuckles from the troops. "But it seems there is no rest for the wicked, cliché I know darlings. After cleaning up our ‘Honour’ the pack of rabid dogs calling themselves Malverines have decided to rub salt into the wound. The Train affair was a mess, spread thin as we were I was the only Sovereign official on-board, the rest was conscript rabble so couldn't shoot straight too saves their lives, which some of them didn't” he positively growls once more. “Now my orders at the time were to secure the troop train and protect what I was led to believe ordinary supplies. This was not the case I have been told...seems certain ‘Elden’ artefacts were being shipped amongst the cargo. In secret. Had I known we could have been more prepared, automated security droids, reinforced plating, heavy weapon tri-pods ANYTHING! But it seems our superiors didn't think it necessary to inform me...” he scowls still prowling up and down his troop line.

((OOC: had more to say but darn IRL has held me up and well thought give chance for other people to talk before Samuel breaks into the main briefing.))
06-10-2013, 07:29 AM
Velox is quite an aggressive mechari, but, if Sam had been newly promoted, then the aggression would have to be taken elsewhere... for now. The other troops seemed to respect him, and the other mechari were even listening, and so Velox stood still and in silence while the blathering gelatinous meat-head that was the captain of the unit spoke. He chose to ignore Vermana completely, as he did with any mechari who needlessly defended the meat-bags or followed protocol as if it was an established statute from the lips of the luminai emperor himself. Velox saw protocol as something that gave direction. He felt that his own processing power was far superior than the preset responses given in the rule-book, and he felt that he should gladly and freely make his own decisions as long as they did not violate the underlying purpose of the protocol.

Thus, Velox maintained his silence.. for now. The new Captain would have to prove his backbone and his mental acuity if he wanted to give orders to Velox. The un-returned weapon might be the best way for Velox to clash heads with the cassian, without the other mechari complaining.
06-10-2013, 07:44 AM
His arms were crossed as the words continued to spill from this apparent captain. It seemed it was not exactly classified to the point of a man watching the door, perhaps thought a straggler considering the remote destination of the place. He glanced one at the panel on his arm, making sure he actually did have the letter of recommendation. These references to dissension in the ranks was something to avoid being thought of or apart of, and he did smile briefly within his helm at their lack of members. Should make it easier for me at least, but no letting the guard down. He glanced over at the names and the like, his helmet taking pictures idly as he considered a few. Nothing particularly special or out with bounties on his offline data, but he could always check later.
06-10-2013, 08:27 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2013 09:11 AM by Carnatia.)
Rexana listens and studies each of the faces as they pass by as K.I.A. She remains quietly, standing as she had been, until Samuel finishes his scowling then she steps forward purposefully and says in her cool metallic voice, "Firstly, Captain," saying Captain with what might be venom behind it, "The information was withheld, yes, but not without reason. As I am sure you are aware, Eldan artifacts go for a high price on the Black Market," Rexana gives Samuel slight glare, "I have been told the hope was to play off the shipment as, how do you humans say, 'run of the mill' supply drop, and to stop those who might be tempted to take the Artifacts for their own gain."

Rexana is now standing much closer to Samuel. She looks to the others in the room, then back to Samuel. She studies him, her face as cool and collected as it had been since arriving. She eyes study Samuel's face.

Rexana pauses again. "Perhaps I don't see what other sees, I only know what I have read in your dossier, and other files, so it is hard to say how this will turn out yet. With the way this unit has had troubles, we can wait and see if these commendations in troop records mean something." That is all Rexana says. She looks at Samuel, then glides back to her previous spot.
06-13-2013, 12:33 PM
"I have been assigned to this company to ensure such.. 'Tactical' mistakes are not made again."
Vermana folded her arms and clicked her pincers, eying Samuel as he began making his speech, not paying any further attention to the unsatisfied Velox once the Captain commanded a more dignified attention, instead of jumping on top of bars.
Her pink crystals brightened, glowing behind her eye-slits as she observed him even further, taking note of his mannerisms and speech technique with explicit attention to detail. They way he spoke was far from protocol, though she would keep her displeasure to herself for the time being.
06-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Rexana's words cut deep, not that Samuel was a sensitive soul, rather they had cut straight to the point. He had rather indulged in vigorous off the books trade amongst...other things. He smirked well of course they knew, it has been at Talyn orders, they wanted results and he got them through various delightful means. It was natural talent of sorts. But they always kept him on a short leash. He eyed the three Mechari as they made their introductions so to speak.

"Welll...Mechari support is welcomed amongst the Sovereign Rough Riders" He snaps to one side, with a glare a roars. "FOR THE EMPEROR! FOR THE DOMINION!" the assorted soldiers suddenly snap to attention in perfect arrangement of salutes. "All right..." he paced back and forth finally coming to a strong stance, hands behind his back. "We will be taking the fight to the Malverines...we will take back was stolen...we are under orders...Understood Rough Riders?" he smirked as a barrage of SIR YES SIR came in response. "Now...one should always start a battle with a healthy dollop of blood lust, so take the last four prisoners and prepare for the final execution of the traitors in the court yard. Lady Talyn has as her rank entitles her past judgement....and we all know what a good mood a execution puts our dear Lady in?" he chuckles as do a portion of the men. "DISMISSED" he barks sending the various men about their duties. A execution might well put Lady Tayln in a better mood, an old trick he had fast learned. Talyns were a bloody lot.

"As for you my newly appointed officers and advisor's. To the war room...we have much to talk about and plans to lay out accordingly" he turns on his heel and strides towards the winding stair case towards the largest and least decorated room in the lodge. The War Room was lined with consoles all pouring out data, communications cycles, logistics and geographical readings. In the centre a large holo-projectors made for proper battle logistics and display. Samuel waved his hand and the display rumbled into life as a large map of three hundred mile area slowly expanded in the air, even more data being streamed to it as he zoomed out to a birds eye view. "I ordered the search shortly after the attack...for my report. We are getting readings from the Tayln flag ship as it scans the surface via various orbiting installations. It won't take long to find their home...Cathal is a creature of habit by all accounts, also likes a hangout were he and his runts can get drunk." He chuckles. "Much like us really..." he sighed ending his musing waving his hand causing the map to zoom in on a lengthy ravine. "We will find their base of operations, camp, town...a bar I'm guessing...again from experiences. I've fought the man on numerous occasions on Lady Taylns orders naturally...she always wants him alive. It is my firm belief and knowledge. We have the superior hard ware, access to military grade land and air craft as well as...hopefully under my news arms masters reign...far superior fire power. My tactical choices at this stage seem to boil down to two...seek out the base followed by a barrage of shock and awe tactics. The other is the play upon his 'gangs' sense of unity..." he waved his hand.

The projector suddenly started to play numerous recordings from ships, bases and other pieces of visual recordings. All of the of Cathal going out his way to pull hos own to safety in some shape or form. Be it carrying them or shoving them out the way of incoming shots or simply killing their attackers. "All we'd need is one of the hostage, given my...'experiences'...upon Aboria I am confident he -WILL- take an hostage exchange for the packages. Usually I'd adore the chance to put one of them down but the orders are very precise. Lady Talyn wants the packages...we will get those packages. We orders, we obey..." He ends his little rant pacing slightly about the recordings as the repeated awaiting any input. He seemed agitated, like some exotic caged animal you might see prowling about its cage before planet drop.