Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wishlist
04-23-2013, 04:57 AM
Wishlist
Not sure if this is the right place for this thread or not, but I thought it might be nice to have a place where people could post ideas of features they might like to see as part of the website or the forum. This thread would be posted to with the full understanding that this is nothing more than a 'wouldn't it be nice if' list and does not constitute a list of 'Upcoming features'.

Implementation of any of these features would have to take into account skill sets, time, money, and approval from Guild Leadership.

So, those disclaimers out of the way, I submit my first idea:

Shoutbox

I've always loved being able to chat 'live' with other guild members in previous guilds and it creates - for me at least - another tool for getting to know someone better in a manner that a forum thread is not always the best for. I did a bit of quick google-ing and it appears that there are a number of shoutbox plugins available for the 'MyBB' forums. Perhaps one of them might work here? Here's a few links in no particular order:

This would be a kind of 'guild channel' for BlackSky to chat on outside the game.
04-23-2013, 07:06 AM
RE: Wishlist
Yeah. Shoutbox is a nice feature.
04-23-2013, 08:57 AM
Do you want a shoutbox or a chatbox?

altear-rpg.com has a chatbox which refreshes. I can install one there. The forums there are more pimped out because their a forum Rp setting.

What I am looking to ad:
-Mobile Mod
-Player group Legend
-Sidebar
-Top down navigation menu for the forums (eventually)
-Chatbox < note this is more cost to me so I can pay, but I do have only so much income XD
04-23-2013, 09:51 AM
(04-23-2013 08:57 AM)ShadowedSin Wrote:  -Chatbox < note this is more cost to me so I can pay, but I do have only so much income XD
I'm not familiar with your hosting arrangement with draebox, but how much control do you have over the site? Is the issue and the extra cost from a fee for installing the mods or because the chatbox uses extra bandwidth on which there is a cap in your hosting arrangement? Just asking because I might know some alternatives - but then again - you have your altear-rpg.com site with draebox and there may be some perks of that arrangement based on looking at the dreabox site and your 'writing role-playing forum' arrangement you have with them. If it's just a matter of getting the mods installed, I have over a decade of career experience with website management tools and might be able to help. But I don't wish to overstep any bounds.
04-23-2013, 01:06 PM
Our bandwidth as of yet has not been exceeded and we run on Drae's silver plan. A secondary cbox wouldn't really add another load. Its only an addition 2 dollars a month on my part. However at the same time everything does eventually add up Big Grin
04-24-2013, 09:14 AM
(04-23-2013 01:06 PM)ShadowedSin Wrote:  Our bandwidth as of yet has not been exceeded and we run on Drae's silver plan. A secondary cbox wouldn't really add another load. Its only an addition 2 dollars a month on my part. However at the same time everything does eventually add up Big Grin
Does the hosting arrangement allow you/give you access to install your own mods and other things, such as templates/skins?
04-24-2013, 12:31 PM
Yes I full control what software is installed on things. I've already ordered custom skins for our site and Altear.
04-24-2013, 12:42 PM
(04-24-2013 12:31 PM)ShadowedSin Wrote:  Yes I full control what software is installed on things. I've already ordered custom skins for our site and Altear.
Great! Can't wait to see them! Smile
04-30-2013, 05:37 PM
Looked up some stuff on Cbox, there is a multi threas set up for 13 dollars a month or individual cboxes for 2 bucks a month.

I could effectively get us an Rp chat for the site, or we can use skype.

Also I'll set aside some time this week to begin the upgrades.

If you are board go through this website: https://www.google.com/search?q=mod+mybb...e&ie=UTF-8

And start looking at mods you guys like!
05-02-2013, 06:50 AM
(04-30-2013 05:37 PM)ShadowedSin Wrote:  Looked up some stuff on Cbox, there is a multi threas set up for 13 dollars a month or individual cboxes for 2 bucks a month.

Not familiar with 'Cbox', but the examples I linked to in the OP are all free mods as far as I know - I hate for you to go grab and install anything that's going to add to a monthly bill for you - especially when there's free stuff to plug in that will probably do just fine - at least until we decide we need something more - if we decide that.

(04-30-2013 05:37 PM)ShadowedSin Wrote:  I could effectively get us an Rp chat for the site, or we can use skype.

Are you referring to using them independently of the site or are you speaking to some code you'd drop in that integrates with the site somehow?