Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wishlist
05-02-2013, 02:13 PM
RE: Wishlist
Cbox is moderate, moddable, and auto-refreshes. Did you find mods that allow that?
05-02-2013, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 11:24 PM by 8Bit.)
(05-02-2013 02:13 PM)ShadowedSin Wrote:  Cbox is moderate, moddable, and auto-refreshes. Did you find mods that allow that?
Not entirely sure what you mean by 'moddable' (as that can mean a lot of different things) but here's the at-a-glance specs of the first one I linked to in the OP:

http://mods.mybb.com/view/shoutbox Wrote:This plugin adds a fully functional shoutbox to your board which fully integrates into MyBB. This version is written exclusively for the MyBB 1.4.x series and introduces many new features, some of which are outlined below.

- You can opt to display the shoutbox either on its own page, at the bottom of the forum index page, or both.
- You can control exactly which usergroups can access the shoutbox and what they can do inside it, such as shouting, editing and deleting.
- Shout pruning controls allow you to quickly and easily clean the shoutbox by deleting shouts older than the limit you specify.

For information on all new features, see the related entry on my personal blog.

Forthcoming Update Planning
Please be aware that I'm already working on enhancements for the next minor version of the plugin which I intend to release shortly. One of the enhancements in the next version will be an improvement of the index display mode, particularly with regard to auto-refresh.

None of those mods may be the right match in this case. You know what you're most comfortable with though and what your wallet can handle or not. As one who's run a guild site on a tight time/money budget before - just looking to give you options. Smile

I also saw some mods that adds features to MyBB's code so we can have things like spoiler tags in the forum - that might be nice! Or a css update that makes the color schemes for things like quote boxes stand out a little more in the posts - they kind of blend in currently. Though that may be coming with the custom theme you're having done. Have you heard an ETA on that?
05-04-2013, 01:27 PM
I may install that shout box actualloy and get us a cbox for Rp who knows Big Grin

What did you think of the status concept?
05-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Installed a chatbox for the guild!
05-06-2013, 10:38 PM
(05-06-2013 08:23 PM)ShadowedSin Wrote:  Installed a chatbox for the guild!
Whoo hoo! I just dropped the first chat line in it - other than ShadowedSin's test chat after installing it - of course - but that doesn't count. I work on computers all day long, so I'll try and stay logged in as much as possible and check it every now and then if anyone wants to chat.
05-09-2013, 01:31 AM
(05-06-2013 08:23 PM)ShadowedSin Wrote:  Installed a chatbox for the guild!

ShadowedSin,

If you have a specific reason for the chatbox to be at a fixed width of 700px - ignore this suggestion - otherwise - read on.

A couple of style suggestions on the chatbox. The current code uses an iframe for the chatbox that looks like this:

<iframe frameborder="0" width="700" height="125" src="http://www4.cbox.ws/box/?boxid=4133471&amp;boxtag=pnp5yx&amp;sec=main" marginheight="2" marginwidth="2" scrolling="auto" allowtransparency="yes" name="cboxmain4-4133471" style="border:#DBE2ED 1px solid;" id="cboxmain4-4133471"></iframe>

If you remove the 'width' value and add 'width:100%;' to the style value the chatbox will expand to the full width of the forum for users with wider screen resolutions.

Do the same for the iframe used for entering the messages and both sections will stretch to 100% as well to match the chatbox. That code currently looks like:
<iframe frameborder="0" width="700" height="75" src="http://www4.cbox.ws/box/?boxid=4133471&amp;boxtag=pnp5yx&amp;sec=form" marginheight="2" marginwidth="2" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="yes" name="cboxform4-4133471" style="border:#DBE2ED 1px solid;border-top:0px" id="cboxform4-4133471"></iframe>

Again remove the 'width="700" value and drop width:100%; in the style (be sure to close the existing style value with a ';' first as it currently doesn't have one).

Secondly - do you know what the character limit per line posted is? I seem to have hit a cap when typing in a response recently. Also, do you have any control over that or is it hard-coded?

Thanks for putting it in! Looking forward to seeing our new theme too when your developers are done with it!
05-10-2013, 05:26 AM
Which forum is the correct place for character fiction? Not interactive RP -- but just a story, or a journal, or anything along those lines?

I'm guessing it's the Long Road one but wasn't sure since it's described as a RP forum.

OK please tell me you just put that there and I'm not just blind and / or senile...
05-10-2013, 06:23 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 06:23 AM by 8Bit.)
(05-10-2013 05:26 AM)Zhadara Wrote:  OK please tell me you just put that there and I'm not just blind and / or senile...

If you're referring to the new 'Journals and Stories' forum - it's new... brand new. At least I've never seen it there before.
05-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Added it per request.