• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Application for Beinion
06-13-2013, 04:50 AM
Application for Beinion
Out-of-Character
Main Character Name / Primary Alt Name:
Beinion.

Enjin / WildStar Central Username:
Currently not active per se. On wildstarforums.com my account name is OpieMacleod.

IM Contacts:

What is your primary region / timezone and playtimes?
Northern America - West Coast - Los Angeles.
Online Times vary currently. I tend to be a Night (8pm to 10pm) and Weekend (majority of the day) player. All depends on life.

Are you eighteen or older?
Yes. 32.

Did you read and do you agree to abide by our Rules and Policy?
I did and Absolutely.

What are your primary playstyles?
Casual Role-playing, Crafting (most certainly), PvE, with some PvP thrown in the mix. I normally play (MMORPGs) with just a couple friends so never experienced end-game content, Raids, etc., though I would like to change that.

What is your roleplaying experience?
Yeah, I'd definitely consider myself a Noob. I am an experience MMORPG'er, but as mentioned with a select few. So full RP and Guild experiences are not something I am experienced in.

What do you hope to gain from and contribute to the BlackSky as a Player?
Gain: Experience in various aspects of the gaming lifestyle (RP, Leadership, Community, etc.). Experience of new content, end-game, raids, etc. A great online experience with great people on a great game. Which hopefully leads to new friendships.

Contribute: I suppose the same as any general member. Conversation, game services, a couple laughs, and most likely a few referrals (5 or so). I will contribute what I can, time, in-game resources, one more person to poke and throw through a window - the usual.

Would you like to join our guild Skype group?
Sure.

Would you like to be on our mailing list for updates about the guild?
Sure. opiemacleod@live.com

Are you a member of any additional guilds?
No.

Where did you find out about the BlackSky?
Wildstar Forums - Guild Recruitment forum. ( http://www.wildstarforums.com/forums/wil...ildstar-rp )
Only Guild for Wildstar I have seen with the RP tag.

Any additional characters if so what Faction would they be in?
Most likely. I have a supporting cast of characters I bring to every game to explore the various facets of the game. Different classes, crafting skills, factions, etc. Names if available would be: Opie (exile), Keimhin (exile), Kalgrus (either/or), Solac (either/or), Rainer (dominion), and Kryces (dominion). Worth noting these characters rarely get very high level as they are generally just exploratory. Unless I find something that just grabs me. Also that may change in an active Guild atmosphere.

Any additional thoughts?
Not really.

In-Character Questions
What is your character’s race, gender, class, path?
Beinion, an avatar of humanity. Well built Beinion is a man of considerable capabilities. His abilities with a sword is only out-matched by his skill with a hammer.
(( Human - Male - Warrior - Settler ))

Please describe your character appearance:
((I have an idea, but I really want to scope out the in-game character creation first. As that may alter my initial thoughts. My first thoughts are this: You are probably looking at a White Male, Tall, Muscular, Orange-ish hair, Long but tied back, Green eyes. ))

Please describe your character's personality:
Beinion is a stoic individual that prefers the sounds of the workbench over the sounds of war or even the tavern. More of an observer Beinion's social skills are not the best. He is serious, his rough demeanor sometimes masking his extremely protective and caring nature.

Please describe three strengths and three weaknesses about your character:
Strengths: Loyalty, Honest, Generous. Textbook Good Guy almost to the point where one could count these as weaknesses.

Weaknesses: Too Trusting (some what of a sucker), A bit too indifferent at times (apathetic), allows failure to plague him (defeatist at times).

What Faction is your character joining?
Exiles.

Why would your character wish to join a either the Sovereigns or Maverines?
As a Solider who has seen the horrors of war, Beinion is seeking out a community here he can put his building skills to use. He sees the like-minded concept in the Maverines. A group of individuals who are simply trying to carve out their piece in a new and unexplored world. Beinion sees individuals like himself and feels he could finally find a community and family to grow with and help reach common goals.

What kind of long term plotting, or character development plans do you have?
(( None specifically. I prefer the simplistic storyline of simply coming into a new community and growing as an individual. Trying to find a place in this new world, and seeking to be a master at the hammer rather than the sword. Though always struggling with the call to be a warrior.))

Where would your character fit into the Club or Unit as a prospect?
Beinion would fit in as a individual who has been hanging around, but with a reputation of being a honest businessman. Someone who gives fair-pricing even to the point of cutting into profit. As well as someone who helps out free of charge when necessary.

How did you learn of, or encounter the Club or Unit?
Rumors. Hearing of individuals from the Blacksky Malverines creating their own piece of freedom on Nexus. From that Beinion ventured to the Black Garter to see for himself this Club of Freedom Fighters. And perhaps offer his skills to the group.

Do you mind the adult / violent nature of our Rp?
No.

If you leave the club are you willing to deal with consequences?
Absolutely. For every action a consequence. Whether positive or negative. One must be mindful of their actions and reactions and be willing to be held accountable for them.
06-13-2013, 04:47 PM
RE: Application for Beinion
1. What do you think a Guild Leader should bring to the table?

2. What about members?
06-14-2013, 04:32 AM
1. What do you think a Guild Leader should bring to the table?
Leadership, Dedication/Activity, Fairness, Open-Mindedness, Passion, Vision/Direction. The Guild Leader sets the tone, they are the example. Responsibility, Objectivity, Integrity, I feel this is what a Guild Leader must bring to the table or it is all a house of cards.

2. What about members?
Much of the same really. It is the members that create the community. No one person can make or break a group. It is the actions and reactions of all that define a group. Ultimately the only difference is Authority. Outside of that Members should seek to bring activity, camaraderie, and party balloons.
06-14-2013, 10:22 AM
1. Why BlackSky? What about us stands out?

2. What do you think of our dual faction system?
06-14-2013, 10:48 AM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2013 09:34 AM by Opie.)
ShadowedSin Wrote:1. Why BlackSky? What about us stands out?
Well the first thing that stands out is that Role-Playing guilds are the Unicorns of Wildstar. However just because Rum Raisin is the only ice cream flavor available doesn't mean you should buy it. So I'd say what stands out is the attention to Community-Building. The focus on ensuring a Familial Atmosphere. Also not being afraid to break away from tradition. Not following the standard Guild-leading process simply because it is what everyone else does. I like that. I also like the accountability of leadership. The recent blog post about leadership being a prime example. All this is simply based off what I have read in regards to Guild rules, policy, advancement, etc.

The story for Blacksky seems fun. And the care to not over-burden newbies with Lore is a generous and nice touch that I think really sets it apart. My experience is limited in that, but it seems like a great touch to add.

ShadowedSin Wrote:2. What do you think of our dual faction system?
I think it is great. It allows people to get a full experience of the game and story. And allows individuals to explore different facets of the game and find what fits them better. Perhaps a person is just more inclined to the Noble and Militaristic demeanor of the Dominion. This allows a person to explore that aspect of the game and indulge in that environment without having to leave the community they have come to enjoy. Works vice versa as well. So I am a fan.

I am a person who tends to explore the various elements a game has to offer. Thus having various characters on different factions to explore their storylines and experience the game from that angle. So for me it is a complete bonus. You can find your niche without leaving the people you enjoy sharing the experience with.
06-15-2013, 05:18 AM
1. What do you think of our episodic events mixed with our ideas of weekly Rp events at our hubs?

2. What do you think of the more adult, even sultry nature of our guild?
06-15-2013, 09:33 AM
(06-15-2013 05:18 AM)ShadowedSin Wrote:  1. What do you think of our episodic events mixed with our ideas of weekly Rp events at our hubs?
I think it promotes activity and keeps things progressing at a steady pace. It allows for maximum immersion. I think it has a chance to set your more causal members apart from the more hardcore. Not necessarily a bad thing, the pace just might be a little much for the timid. At the same time it does not exclude anyone and offers more chances to jump in and get involved with the group. Which is definitely a plus and outweighs any possible over-shadowing.

Personally I like it. Drowned 'em in events I say. Heck make every day an RP event. Have an egg cooking contest. Run it like an episode of 24 I'll still give you the thumbs up. Of course that just might highlighting my own boring and weird tastes. So I'll just sum it up by saying - I like the idea and look forward to seeing how it unfolds in-game.

(06-15-2013 05:18 AM)ShadowedSin Wrote:  2. What do you think of the more adult, even sultry nature of our guild?
Sex sells - what can you do? I am all for eye candy. Not really a trick in my bag. As for the other adult content like graphic descriptions of gaping wounds and bones splintering without breaking the skin. Meh - you get worse in the morning news. Wait, that applies to the sultry as well.

Yeah. I think it is inevitable part of any true Role-Play. Life is messy, life is sexy, life is chaotic, life is sensual. To deny these elements in a RP group is to deny injecting reality into the story. Characters need that infusion of drama. And players need that free expression of desire. Whether that is a desire to RP a bar fight, a romantic encounter, or RP a radio host. [Image: wiii.gif]

Or I can sum up my feelings on both of these subjects this way: [Image: thumbup.gif] Though not sure that would give you a clear picture of me and my personality. So you get the long version as well.
06-15-2013, 04:53 PM
1. What do part about our OOC policy stood out to you?

2. What part about the guilds structure stood out?
06-18-2013, 10:41 AM
Holy monkies! Has it been three days already? Damn you life! *shakes fist at sky*
ShadowedSin Wrote:1. What do part about our OOC policy stood out to you?
Stood out? Nothing in particular. Seems well thought-out. A commitment to fairness, promoting the idea that everything is earned. That Officers are such for a reason, not simply because they are buddy-buddy with the Leader (and likewise the Leader is such because of merit, not simply the creator). There are measures which are taken to ensure that the guild leadership has earned their stripes. Allowing the members to feel comfort to place more trust in them and their decisions and advice.

ShadowedSin Wrote:2. What part about the guilds structure stood out?
Again I don't think there was any one thing which stood out. Seems a nice progression with clear structure and guidelines. Nice to earn patches and badges to mark yourself s accomplished as you and your character grow within the Guild.

Overall I feel they are good elements which support the essence of the Guild both in-character and out of character.
06-18-2013, 12:00 PM
1. We focus a lot on guild identity, are you okay with that?

2. We like a lot of story inside of the guild and gaming as a guild are you okay with this?