Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
Here Comes Trouble [Open; Introduction(s)]
06-29-2013, 04:22 AM
RE: Here Comes Trouble [Open; Introduction(s)]
Opie noted the weaponry on display and felt better about leaving his on the table. No need to start off with a misunderstanding. Besides, with the Granok there, it would have been a tough situation to control. Opie was about to answer Cathal's question, when something shiny caught his eye. Taru had called over to Cathal to get an opinion on it. "Our business can wait Mr. Cathal. But given the state of your visitors and the work you do. I am sure you'll be interested in what I have to say. Until then, seems you have business to attend too." Opie said as he glanced over to the lovely piece this Peri Tanzer was brazenly showing.

Opie felt comfortable with the promise of future discussions. Cathal was known as a cunning businessman and one that didn't let opportunity pass him by. This wouldn't be the only chance to iron out the details. Besides, the situation was imperfect for the talks at hand. And with that done, Opie was done nursing his drinks. He waved at Taru as she was sitting on a bar stool and singled for another beer while wearing a huge smile which had previously been absent.
06-30-2013, 05:40 PM
"We'll give ye a tab miss Tanzer, an' then if yer shiny bit o' interest there is of worth we'll considered it paid," he replied. His words were carefully placed as he eyed the Granok and was trying to figure what the man was doing. Sighed, that gun was a bit strange, but other than that nothing much was going on that night. What caught his full attention however was the kid, (Opie), what was he up to? He did walk over as he kept his eyes on the kid.

"Alright kid, if ye wanna talk I can talk after I see what miss Tanzer is offering for payment.

OOC: Is Terrier in as a prospect at this point?
07-01-2013, 12:04 AM
OOC: yes sir. we have figured that the prospect process was complete, Fortek and I are working on the details of the "past" posting and how we are going to do it.
07-01-2013, 11:56 PM
Peri shrugged at Taru's observation about her name. "It's my daddy's," she said matter-of-factly, not thinking to elaborate any further. With her thirst quenched, she was aching to down something stronger, something that might take her mind off the assorted aches that were making themselves known.

Meanwhile, outside, the first patter of rain began. It started softly, almost tentatively, but quickly increased in intensity until an all-out downpour was battering the saloon. At the talk of Cathal being the one to judge the worth of the rock that had formerly been hidden up her shirt, Peri took a moment to wipe off the thin sheen of sweat.

She turned back to Taru and smiled, "Soooo... How bout that whiskey?"
07-02-2013, 02:26 AM
Taru's eyes turned onto (Opie) as he spoke, and then saw his wave and smile, instantly making his appear more inviting. She couldn't help but smile back and nod at his request for another drink. The girl slid off of her perch once Cathal had made his decision and stepped behind the counter. Her ears perked at Peri's mention of the whiskey, "Coming right up!" she chirped, grabbing a half glass for the hard liquor and a mug for the beer. She carefully held the glasses in her hand as she moved away from the counter to serve them, placing the whiskey in front of Peri at once, giving her a warm smile, "Enjoy!" and then swaying to (Opie) and giving him the beer. "There ya go!" Her smile persisted.
07-05-2013, 01:11 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 01:16 PM by Najia.)

Small. White. Square. Promising. These words could be used to describe the business card Najia held between her pinched thumb and index finger. The unbridled winds of the western storm caused the small card to flutter and flap about, threatening to blow right out of her grasp entirely. Her delicate brow dipped ever so faintly as her critical gaze moved quickly over the face of the card, reading the name Cathal as if to memorize it. Najia knew this name could be one she could grow fond of, or a name she could forget tomorrow. Regardless, it would be better to come prepared than seem forgetful.

Najia slipped the card into the back pocket of her jean shorts before stuffing her hands into the rather small pockets of her bolero-style black leather jacket. Underneath she wore an old graphic white t-shirt with the faded lavender title "Starship" across the front. It's sleeves had been hacked off, split wide, and tied into a wife-beater style top that hung lazily off the curves of her well-turned figure. The summer-esque attire did nothing to protect her from such harsh winds and the staggering displeasure she had with her current situation was clearly plastered across her face; nose creased and her shoulders scrunched up almost to her ears (which is saying something for an Aurin).

Her pale hair whipped about as she took in a speedy evaluation of the front of the building. "I really hope this is the right place..." She grumbled, squinting to make out the sign through her tousled locks. Another wild gust came which seemed to spur her forward. Naji made her way up the saloon stoop and eased the door open to peek inside.

Thank GOD. Seconds after reaching the over-hang of the Saloon, the heavens split wide and rain began to fall heavily-- small droplets bounced and splash at the backs of her heels. Naji grimaced once again and scuttled in through the doors. Forget peeking! This weather was the pits!

Swivel. Swish. Flick. Her pale plumed, purple ombre auds zipped and fluttered upon her cranium as she took in the scene before her. Wide-eyed and curious, Najia wondered slowly into the Saloon. Her lithe fingers rubbed together in her jacket pockets as she bit the plush of her lip and gazed up and around the room. "Interesting," She mused as her curious gaze slid about the interior of the Sassy Saloon. "Very interesting."
07-06-2013, 05:37 AM
Shiori had been sitting at a table practicing his stealth abilities with his nanobots. He had been watching everyone come and go in the Saloon quietly before shaking his head and looking at the New arrival. An aurin he noted with white hair and violet eyes. Interesting outfit he also made a mental note of before decloaking right behind her in the chair and speaking up. "What's interesting?"
07-06-2013, 03:19 PM
It was her daddy's, and that was all she said. No sense of value or anything. Cathal strolled over to the woman and stared at "daddy's Shiney" and tried to get a look at it. Whatever it was the material was almost entirely minuscule. The fact the light had caught the small chip and the fact that "Daddy' had owned the damn thing was a miracle to the crime lord. His judgement of the ragamuffin girl (Peri) was not a good one at the moment.

((OOC: Cathal is going to appraise it.))

Cathal took the small chip which was small and almost inconsequential and he held it up to the light. Giving it a few moments he then bit the damn thing and set it down. Mentally running over the cost of what looked like to be some mineral he looked at the small ginger Aurin and said, "Ye can pay wit this aye."

The words drawled out of his mouth as he turned around at the sound of the door opening. His initial reaction however was one that seemed slightly cartoonish. The chip fell from his hand as he looked at the simple vision of loveliness (in short form) that appeared before him. Unto heaven she came (he's being fucking dramatic). Then reality snapped back into focus and he glanced over at Taru's ass and then to the new girl's tits. Alright, both were tens, but how to choose (He's mentally swooning).

"Kid," he said to Opie and clicked his fingers, "Join me in my office." He then walked toward the woman who had just entered and said to Taru.

"She gets drinks free, tis the famous Najia," He said simply and tipped his hat to her before heading up the stairway toward his office.
07-07-2013, 07:04 AM
Opie smiled widely at the waitress. "Thank you, thank you. Throw it on my tab and a little extra for yourself. I'll close up after I finish my business with the boss man over there." Opie said cheerfully, nodding in the direction of Cathal who was busy examining the interesting object up for barter.

Suddenly the saloon doors open and flicking in came an Aurin who was definitely not dressed for the weather of the day. 'Another one?' Opie thought to himself. 'This place really does attract all the strays doesn't it?' He was about to drink fresh beer when he stopped and held the bottle to his lips and raising an eyebrow. Someone had appeared sitting behind her. 'Had he been there this whole time? His clothes are dry, so I guess so. That's a bit creepy.' Opie's thoughts were interrupted by the voice of Cathal.

"Woo-hoo. Business time." Opie said as he jumped up. He grabbed his beer, left his jacket on the chair and his blades on the table. He followed the older gentleman up the stairs to a nice office which overlooked the whole saloon. Cathal walked in and took a seat in a nice large leather chair behind a beautifully crafted dark mahogany desk. Opie remained standing. Cathal look as if he was about to give Opie permission to continue, so Opie simply jumped in with his presentation he had planned the entire time he had been waiting out in the saloon.

"What has it been? A day? You already are playing refuge to how many weary travelers? And I imagine this isn't anything new. It is no secret that this place serves as hub for certain individuals. Individuals who value independence, freedom. Individuals who want nothing more than to carve out there own path in life. To live freely and establish a home. And are willing to do just about anything it takes to secure that that dream, that hope." Opie took a long drink of his beer. "What I am offering is two-fold. A voice. Public perception determines funding, aid, alliances, and reinforcements. I can bring in new contacts and help shape public perception to help foster an idea of community. Propaganda if you will. Making the BlackSky Malervines heroes of the people and encouraging more support to be put behind your organization."

Opie took another drink. "The second thing is a beacon of morale. A guiding signal to help direct those interested in this place. The more people are happy, the higher their spirits the more they spend. The more they hang out in the saloon. You know this better than most. It is in times of celebration that the saloon can really clean up. People are much more generous with their currency when they cheerful. One of the core parts of that? Hope and music. Music stirs something deep inside of all people. That is what I offer."

With an exaggerated flourish Opie bowed. "Opie Muckelroy of Starfall Radio. And I'd like to bring the Starfall broadcast here." Opie smiled, flopped on the couch and took another long drink of his beer.
07-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Taru had returned behind the bar to clean up whatever messes had been left over from the day before, and that everything would be in order. She may not seem like the brightest mind under the roof, but she always did care about working to the best of her ability. She lifted her head as the violent winds blew in through the entrance once again, and standing in the saloon's doorway was yet another aurin. Taru smiled towards the newcomer, and was then met by Cathal's accented words. 'The famous Najia.'

It may have sounded familiar, and perhaps it was at one point, but the blue-haired girl wasn't much for remembering things that weren't a daily occurrence in her life. Taru smiled at the woman again, examining her attire and the way her pale hair fell about her. There might have been some small glimmer of admiration in Taru's eyes, but her eyes were always sparkling, so it could be hard to tell. "Welcome to the Sassy Saloon-- .... uh, Miss Najia! Please, have a seat." she motioned to the room before them. She placed her palms upon the bartop and leaned forward slightly. "Is there any particular kind of beverage you might prefer today?"