Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN)
08-13-2013, 12:03 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2013 12:22 PM by Taru Wildspark.)
Post: #101
RE: Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN)
The words spoken to her didn't cause the shivering to stop, not at all. The mechari's precise, mechanical movements made her incredibly uneasy. That, and it was very uncomfortable being held by one of them.. Her words, however, did give her something to distract her mind, if at least for a moment. She'd heard about mechari ruthlessness, their unrelenting tactics, and stalwart loyalty to the Dominion. Taru had been fortunate enough to only see them from a distance until now. Her lips pressed together tightly as her eyes examined the mechari's outer shell, but she was ripped out of her own misdirected curiosity at the continued sound of war going on around them. Taru looked to those gathered around and carefully brought her gaze to Samnel. A devious and important-looking fellow he was, who seemed to be giving the orders... And he did look a bit familiar from here. The aurin's ears poked forward slowly as she considered it, but then more appropriately turned her attention back to the saloon since that is where this side seemed to be facing towards.
08-13-2013, 12:18 PM
Post: #102
RE: Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN)
Hiding behind the bar, seeing nothing but broken bottles and the smell of Alcohol on the floor, trying to avoid to any enemy contact right now seemed like a good idea for Argyle. "Alright, As soon as they leave, I'll get out, find any injured and talk to the le-Whoa!!" He felt a hand reach out and grab his lab coat, pulling him upwards. He saw an Aurin pulling him up and looking at him. "I can sense you here you know. I don't think we've met yet. But you don't need to be hiding behind our bar. As I am sure you've heard, I am Carnatia. I could use some help, and I hope that's why you're here, as you haven't attacked yet." Argyle nods, "Yeah, well I'm here to help out. I'm not here to cause any trouble to anyone." He stands upright and dusts himself off as she continues to speak. "I am going to survey the area, and look for some of my friends who haven't come back in here." "Well, let me help you. If they're going to need any medical attention, they'll need a doctor." She starts to walk to the back of the Saloon and Argyle follows her, not far behind.
08-15-2013, 08:28 AM
Post: #103
RE: Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN)
Velox almost smiled when Samuel ordered him to go to ground. He was happy to oblige, even if he was too late for the action.

The mechari lowered his heavy ordinance launcher to a sovereign grunt and then jumped down himself. A metallic hissing sound could be heard before the chrome warrior spoke.

MORTAR SQUAD! Angle those mortars to the Malverines' position, but DO NOT FIRE! Organize ammunition and wait for the command to give us artillery coverage should this go south! ROUGH RIDERS! I want you to circle the leverage and SET A PERIMETER! You're SOVEREIGNS, not pansy VIND HUNTERS. GET TO IT! Keep those engines heated and the guns HOT. DO NOT FIRE IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE DURING OR AFTER THE EXCHANGE!

Velox' yelling was not softened by the sinister nature of his tone; in fact, the metallic auto-tune-like shifting of his vocal process could be quite intimidating, especially when giving orders.

He walked over to Rexana, intending to give the leverage even more protection. The leverage was quite soft looking... Velox hoped that it wasn't a pet. Even for a meat-bag, it looked squishy and small.
08-16-2013, 07:00 AM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2013 03:28 AM by 8Bit.)
Post: #104
RE: Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN)
Dylan stood there with a distinct look of "What tha' hell?!" smeared across his face like Snoglug pudding on an Eldan artifact. This look had landed on Dylan's face shortly after all the mines sloppily attached to the alien artifact had begun to blink in tandem and the word 'Harbinger' had flashed all over them like the marquee on some tiny, Eldan, pudding-covered theater.

Cathal's announcement did nothing to shoo the dumbfounded look on Dylan's face away either when his announcement and warning crackled over the Malverine comm channel, "I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU FUCKING GET AWAY FROM THAT THING. ITS SELF AWARE."

"Self aware?!" Dylan thought to himself as he glanced at the sticky, blinking piece of 'art' he'd just created on the Malverine meeting table. "Dammit, what's that crazy nut job done to the artifact now?!" he thought to himself, assuming that Shiori had caused this by trying to hack the object remotely somehow.

His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of Carna's voice behind him yelling, "Dylan, get away from that thing!" Barely had he had time to register the command and begin to turn around before the Aurin was at his side, grabbing him by the back of his jacket and with strength he found surprising, she swung him around and flung him away from the mines and the artifact. Dylan stumbled back over some overturned chairs and instinctively put his arm down to break his fall, forgetting at that moment that he'd recently been shot in the shoulder. his shoulder was kind enough to remind him of this by shooting a wave of pain to his brain and then promptly refusing to cooperate, sending Dylan half-rolling, half-tumbling to the floor as he tripped over some debris on the floor from all the recent explosions.

Cursing in pain and frustration, Dylan slowly managed to get himself to his feet again and was turning to find Carna and let her know in no uncertain terms that tossing him around was not only not necessary, but it hurt like a bitch... but she was nowhere to be seen.

"Where tha' hell did she go?!" he thought to himself, the look of frustrated confusion returning to his face for the third time in the last 60 seconds. He didn't have to wait long for an answer as she emerged from the kitchen to announce, "Taru's gone. They grabbed her." Her face darkened and a hint of a snarl appeared at the corner of her mouth. Dylan hadn't seen her like this before (well there was that time he spilled the drink she'd made for him and she cleaned it up... but no - this was worse) and he was a bit taken aback as she continued, "Shio's seen her, apparently. He thinks they probably have her for leverage, which is probably the case."

"What? Taru? The cute waitress?" he asked, confirming her announcement, then with a smirk he added, "Well if I was going to kidnap someone, I suppose I can't blame them for picking her, I mean she's..."

Carna's icy stare and the hint of a snarl that was no longer just a 'hint' stopped Dylan's commentary mid-sentence as the aurin made it very clear this was no joking matter. The moment was so tense, Dylan was actually relieved to have Samuel's voice interrupt as he broadcast his demands to exchange Taru for the artifact over the saloon's speaker system and all other devices capable of receiving his signal.

Dylan stood there stunned for a moment as the true gravity of the situation sunk in and his own resentment towards the Dominion and their meddling began catch fire and burn in his chest. Reaching for a weapon with his good arm, he spun it out of his holster with unnecessary flare as he pivoted on one foot, his long coat spinning out dramatically around him. He began to stride towards the front of the saloon with a new resolve, a desire to do something, and not even the slightest hint of a plan on how to do it.

It was at that moment Cathal's voice was in his earpiece, "Hold fire unless fired upon. Remain still an' dun do shit!" While broacast to all Malverines, as far as he could tell, somehow Dylan imagined that last bit was directed at him.

"Warning given," an electronic voice to his right chirped with timing that almost made it feel as if it was commenting on the commands issued by Cathal just then. Grabbing his attention Dylan looked towards the Eldan artifact, the source of the statement, and to his surprise, all the mines stopped blinking at once and the entire thing went dark and lifeless as if someone had simple yanked its power cord out of the wall.

Dylan, now quite practiced at it, once again put on his 'What tha hell?!' face.

Cathal's voice interrupted his confused apprehension a moment later, "I dun care how its dun, someone move that fuckin' artifact!"

"I'm not touching that thing, It has mines all over it! I like my arms and face firmly attached to my body, thank you very much!" Dylan thought to himself as he looked sternly at the cube covered in mines and pudding on the table, trying to come up with some plan to transport it without getting near it. "He should have the professor move it," Dylan muttered with a frown, "After all he's the one who told me to put mines all over the thing."

Just then Dylan's attention was jerked away by the sound of Carna behind him going into a full on ranting rage, flinging glowing blades of energy from her hands in a rather uncharacteristic fashion, "Damn... what it is with these aurin women?!" Dylan thought to himself in a moment of fear and amazement, "No one ever told me they have a cosmic-powers meltdown when enraged. Note to sell - don't piss off aurin espers!"

As Carna calmed down, there was the distinct sound of multiple teleport sigils closing in the air behind him with a soft 'poof' of air as the portal closed. Suddenly the population of the saloon doubled as Shiori showed up with yet another female Aurin. There were some quick introductions and Carna tried to make a lighthearted comment, but Dylan was having a hard time getting 'raging Carna' out of his head, so her dry humor was a bit less effective on him at the moment even though he felt it wisest if he offer a laugh at her joke (though it came out sounding a bit more like a nervous chuckle).

Shiori then quickly moved over to the artifact and began to remove the pudding-covered mines from its surface, muttering to himself.. or, talking to the artifact, Dylan wasn't sure - though either would be par-for-the-course with what he knew of the man so far.

Carna then mentioned something about going out to look for injured and made her way cautiously out the back of the saloon.

Turning back to Shiori, Dyaln suddenly smiled as a plan to move the artifact that had previously eluded him, suddenly appeared in his head. Plans usually came to Dylan eventually, they just weren't good at making appearances before he took action. Holstering his gun and smiling at Shiori, Dylan put his 'plan' into action.

"Hey Professor," Dylan yelled at Shiori, "Cathal said he wanted you to take that thing out to the Dommies, so - better get on that!"
08-17-2013, 04:10 AM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2013 04:15 AM by ShadowedSin.)
Post: #105
RE: Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN)
For a single silent moment, Cathal Reily felt the hair on the back of his neck go up. His moss green eyes snapped around looking for something. He hated that feeling, and what bugged him most is that feeling always seemed to appear when and around the time something bad occurred. Cathal was a military man, a trained soldier who could shoot straight, and was known for his ability to make crack decisions. What always got to him the most was when something did not go as planned. At that moment he was waiting as beads of sweat slowly appeared on his forehead. The man even removed his signature wide brimmed hat as he thought what he was going to do.

Time was racing and as he stood there Taru's life was in danger. Cathal was already looking up at Samuel and running several scenarios in his brain. With his luck someone was going to do something stupid and get them all killed. At that moment he was already placing Dylan and Shiori on the list of those likely to cause problems. He had come to respect both of them over time, but their antics were worth the stuff of legends. Likely they would both put him in an early grave. This was the life of a commander, you had to deal with people of varying personalities and get them to work together.

His eyes glanced up at Samuel one more time as he noted the military situation witht he mortars. This was not the time to pull a fast one.

"I dun care what ye all ere doin, git da feckin' cube out here now." He said again, trying to compound the fact of what was going on. He then took a breath and felt the trigger and the hand of his mag revolver. Symbols along the metal and wood of the handle sizzled as he focused his mind. If all went to shit he would make one last ditch attempt to save Taru. However, the even would likely not happen fast enough. So for that moment he pictured a portal distortion in his mind, holding the idea for as long she could while maintaining a cool air of calm.



Meanwhile...

Everything seemed fine as the exchange was nearing the actual play itself. Off in the distance, a group of riders watched and a man smiled. Using a pair of techno-bionoculars to survey the violence that had erupted at the Sassy Aurin the group was out of sight of either the Sovereigns or the Malverines, and out of scanning range.

"Yes, seems all goes well according to plan," he turned as his long coat blew in the wind. A short looking alien glanced at the man as the boss chewed on a cigar. The alien sat there in silence as several heavily armed looking thugs waited for what they all assumed was about to be a hell of a fight.

"All goes well everyone, we'll get what they has. Then we'll unlock the secrets of the Harbinger, and unlock dat vault."
08-18-2013, 01:51 AM
Post: #106
RE: Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN)
Scavara was bored. She had found a wanted poster in a nearby town, and had been tracking the guy on it for days. But, she had never actually seen him, so she wasn't even completely sure she was following the right trail. She sighed, and remembered the explosion she had heard earlier. She had automatically assumed it was some chua doing experiments, but now she felt even watching a chua would be more entertaining than this.

That's when she realized that the trail was heading in the same direction the sound of the explosion had come from. She also realized that she could hear gunfire. She looked to her scan bot, Dalek, who was following her. "Oh, that sounds like much more fun than this. Wanna check it out?" The machine blinked its lights, which Scavara took for a yes.

The female draken and her bot activated their stealth modes, becoming invisible. Scavara crept forward, until she could see what was going on. What she saw was...odd. There was a female mechari holding a shivering flea-bag (Taru) by the mouth. There were also Dominon soldiers surrounding the two, protecting them. Scavara wasn't exactly sure what was going on, but it looked like a lot more fun than following some dead-looking trail.

Scavara deactivated her stealth, and approached the mechari (Rexana), with Dalek following her. "You guys need any help? This looks like a lot more fun than what I was doing."

_________________________________________________

OOC: I'm using this as the introduction post for my character. Also, calling Taru a "flea-bag" wasn't meant to be an insult by me. Its just Scavara's way of describing the scene. To her, all Aurin are scrappy little flea-bags lol. But if anyone finds offense, I can change my post.
08-20-2013, 06:12 AM
Post: #107
RE: Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN)
Glancing around, Shiori frowned to himself as his mind raced in thought. How to work this...He blinked before taking off his mines and crushing them underfoot. They were useless to him now anyway, being disarmed as they were. Picking up the artifact, the man strapped it to his back before leaving out the backdoor with a very serious look on his face. He had a delivery to make.

Walking into the forest with it, and not caring who followed, he stalked his way over to the dominion position while typing on his computer. After finding a frequency full of comm traffic that wasn't his, he scanned it to confirm dominion presence. Tapping a button, he spoke directly to them. "Alright Samuel, I'm bringing your artifact. However, I won't release it until the aurin you took is returned to me. In a gesture of good faith though, I will wait in view of your ring of bikes. And yes, I can see your formation."

After a minute, and true to his word, Shiori appeared at the edge of the formation with the artifact on his back. As his cybernetic eyes glowed while he observed the Dominion, he waited patiently for them to do as asked. In his mind, he hoped the man in charge was amiable to releasing Taru first, as he wanted to save his friend. "Do we have a deal?" He asked calmly before continuing. "I am nothing if not a man of my word, but my hope is you are as well."
08-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Post: #108
RE: Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN)
Rexana:

Rexana eyed the chopper and waited. Things were taking a long time to happen. Suddenly the formation around her moved and started aiming their guns, her grip on Taru tightened, she looked to see the soldiers had aimed their guns at a Draken that appeared near them. Rexana regarded the Draken with a quick scan, "At ease," She commands the soldiers around her, "You are very foolish approaching an armed unit without warning. I believe, as some say, you are lucky they restrained themselves." Rexana spoke to Scavara in her cool, metallic way. He face tendrils clicking slightly.

Her head stays turned and focuses on the Draken, taking mental pictures (Or literal ones) with her eyes, "What is your name? Rank? Unit designation? Civilian?" Rexana lists off, not taking her eyes from the Draken. The hold on Taru's neck loosens as well during this time.

"I believe this unit is always looking for skilled individuals to aid in various areas of operations, though more official channels would have sufficed over random appearance on, as it looks now, battlefield," Rexana continues, "If you wish to help, we can discuss these matters once we return to-." Rexana stops speaking as Shio's voice comes over the coms. Her grip getting tighter around Taru again. Then a few moments later one of the Malverines appear, her eyes focusing on the man, scanning him over. He did have the artifact. Rexana made no motion towards the man. One arm folded neatly behind her back, the other raised holding Taru. She is complacent, and chilling to look at. (Like usual.)

Carnatia:

Carna looks to Argyle, "A doctor? Well that is a very good coincidence," She says to him, "Do you have a name or do you just want to be called The Doctor?" The two round the way tot he front and come upon Opie laying on the ground face down basically in the middle of the road.

Carna rushes to his side and kneels beside him. She gives him a quick look over and claps her hands by his ears, "Oi! you awake?" No response, out cold. She runs her hands down his limbs immediately, checking carefully for breaks. Bones seemed in tact. She then carefully, watching his neck rolls him over, then presses her dragonfly wing ears closest on his chest, "Still breathing, albeit weak. Still alive. Thank the Weave. Everything else seems fine, you're the actual doctor, or so you've said. What do you think? Think we could move him into the saloon as well?"

Carna sits back on her haunches and looks to Argyle. She hears shio voice come over his comm, and she does her best to just stay focuses on argyle and Opie in front of her.
08-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Post: #109
RE: Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN)
Jaedis was surprised when the blonde Aurin in the saloon looked to her and immediately accepted her presence. They must be a pretty trusting lot if that was all Shiori had needed to say. She blinked at the introduction but nodded in response to Carna, tilting her head slightly at what sounded like an attempted joke? Jaedis was somewhat impressed by the other Aurin’s attitude in the current situation. Cool grey eyes followed as she dragged someone from behind the bar (he apparently wasn’t expected either) and left in search of wounded.

Her gaze then fell on a male human who seemed to just be standing and watching at the moment, weapon drawn. Mag pistol - he must be a Spellslinger as well. He also appeared to be wounded. Jaedis quirked a brow as the man began smiling suddenly while he looked at Shiori and holstered his weapon.
"Hey Professor, Cathal said he wanted you to take that thing out to the Dommies, so - better get on that!" he called.

Professor? What an odd nickname. And who was ‘Cathal’? Jaedis continued to calmly stand there, turning her eyes back to Shiori and waiting patiently for him to finish his work. Her input was not needed for anything currently, so she remained silent. When he strapped on the artifact and took off for the rendezvous, the white-haired Aurin followed close behind. Upon reaching the forest, Jaedis fell back and took a slightly wider path. Best for the enemy not to know she was there if her assistance became needed. She soon found the Dominion back in her view. They hadn’t moved much, however there was now a Draken with them when there wasn’t before. Numbers were definitely not in their favor.

She hoped Shiori knew what he was doing as he stood in open view of the entire enemy force. Jaedis unholstered her mag pistols and checked them, frowning at her right one – it was still a bit fried. If it came to a shootout (which hopefully it wouldn’t), there was no guarantee it would be useable. Settling herself into a maneuverable position behind some of the trees and bushes just outside the Dominion’s setup and to Shiori’s left, Jaedis simply watched and listened. Hopefully she would remain unnoticed.
08-21-2013, 02:40 AM
Post: #110
RE: Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN)
As Argyle follows the Esper Aurin through the wrecked saloon, She looks to him and asks "A doctor? Well that is a very good coincidence, do you have a name or do you just want to be called The Doctor?". He shakes his head, "The names Argyle, you may call me Doctor Argyle if you wish to do so".

They walked out of the Saloon to see a Human body in the middle of the road. The Aurin goes to the body and Argyle follows her slowly, not knowing if its friend or foe yet. As Argyle gets closer to the human body, he sees the Aurin kneeling beside him. She gives him a quick look over and claps her hands by his ears, "Oi! you awake?" He sees her checking for any signs of broken bones of any kind, thankfully though he was intact. She then carefully, watching his neck rolls him over, then presses her dragonfly wing ears closest on his chest, "Still breathing, albeit weak. Still alive. Thank the Weave. Everything else seems fine, you're the actual doctor, or so you've said. What do you think? Think we could move him into the saloon as well?"

He looks around the area, seeing debris, smoke, wreckage. He looks down at her and nods, "Yes, If he's just out cold with a few cuts and bruises then we'll move him, besides it's not safe being out in the open. Do you know a safe place in the saloon where we can lay him down? A safe room, or some kind of furniture that hasn't been destroyed yet?" He slowly kneels down and attempts to carefully pick up the unconscious man from the dirt road.


Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Online Staff
There are no staff members currently online.

[-]
Songs

[-]
Recent Posts
Franchise development@ https://franolaxy.com/fra...
How will funding get . . .labeen27 — 09:09 PM
Cheese Curds, 9/1: Packers facial area conclusio...
The moment report a . . .GlenDavis — 11:46 AM
Gaming Mouse?
I am using Logitech . . .beryfarnandas — 04:15 PM
Electric power ratings spherical up: Eagles pres...
The Eagles experienc . . .jimmy — 11:37 AM
Century One-way links 10/12: Avid gamers Shell o...
Seahawks Michael Ben . . .jimmy — 11:33 AM

[-]
Latest Threads
Franchise development@ https://franolaxy.com/fra...
Last Post: labeen27
12-08-2017 09:09 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 16
Cheese Curds, 9/1: Packers facial area conclusio...
Last Post: GlenDavis
09-16-2017 11:46 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 185
Gaming Mouse?
Last Post: beryfarnandas
06-02-2017 04:15 PM
» Replies: 22
» Views: 7357
Electric power ratings spherical up: Eagles pres...
Last Post: jimmy
11-10-2016 11:37 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 769
Century One-way links 10/12: Avid gamers Shell o...
Last Post: jimmy
11-10-2016 11:33 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 695


Contact Us | The BlackSky | WildStar Rp Community | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication