Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN)
07-08-2013, 11:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2013 12:22 AM by 8Bit.)
RE: Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN)
The sound of his mother's stern voice when he'd pushed it too far...

Solomon, his former Granok drill sergeant's string of furious profanity...

The bedroom door opening and the silhouette of the father of the girl he'd just spent the night with in the doorway of her room just as Dylan was putting his pants on...

All these things were effective, but few of them had the ability to wipe a stupid smile off Dylan's face and re-focus him like an explosion going off roughly 30 feet away.

Dylan's mocking pantomime routine was suddenly interrupted as he half dived (half was flung) behind some now overturned tables about forty feet away from the entrance to the saloon when the explosion hit. In the immediate chaos that followed there were a lot of people talking at once. Between the yells and grunts (that sounded unsurprisingly Granok in nature) Dylan heard Carna yell for a roll call, asking if everyone was alright. Rolling to his side and coughing out some of the dust that now filled the air as the debris from the explosion settled on the floor, he heard Shiori chime in sometime about 'radios' and 'blades'.

Slowly he pushed himself up to one knee, rolled his head from side to side and did a quick self-diagnosis to make sure all parts were accounted for and working. One can never be too sure in an explosion. Seeing no obvious wounds or pieces of shrapnel embedded in his person, he reached instinctively for his weapons and found some small comfort in discovering that they were both still secure in their holsters on his hips. Flipping the straps on the holsters with his thumbs, he drew them both out as he put his back to the overturned table he was now using as makeshift cover.

All this took roughly twelve seconds though it seemed to Dylan much longer. "Hello, old friend," he thought to himself as he felt the adrenaline course through his veins and his pulse quicken now that he'd had a moment to realize what was happening and the gravity of the situation.

"I'm okay!" he yelled in response to Carna's initial question, "I don't know who double parked out front, but it has obviously pissed someone off royally! Don't we have a 'no blowing shit up' rule here at the saloon?! I'm pretty sure I heard the Boss say that to the professor just a few days ago!" he added as he jerked his head in Shiori's direction. As an afterthought he added with a somewhat smug tone, "I'd also just like to say, for the record, that I did not activate that countdown on that Eldan box thing!"

Having finished his disclaimer, he slowly peeked his head up over the edge of the table he was behind to survey the room and to look for something to shoot. As he peered through the dusty, smoking hole that was now the saloon's front door, he noticed a now empty mug of Warrior's Stout laying on it's side a few feet away. "At least I didn't spill the drink this time," he thought to himself with a slight chuckle.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN) - 8Bit - 07-08-2013 11:26 PM
RE: Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN) - Diesel Fox - 07-26-2013, 01:00 PM
RE: Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN) - Diesel Fox - 08-01-2013, 07:43 AM
RE: Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN) - Diesel Fox - 08-03-2013, 12:13 AM