Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN)
08-10-2013, 07:31 AM
RE: Preseason - Episode 2: The Church Raid (OPEN)
Carnatia:

Carna was about to say something more to Dylan, but then the mines started doing something, then the eye piece she was wearing from beeped as it received Shio's message. She looks at it, and her eyes kind of goes cross-eyed a moment trying to read it. She shakes her head, "No, that's... No." Taru snatched. No he was seeing things.

Carna turns towards the kitchen and walks into it, ignoring the rest of the room in that moment. "Taru," Carna calls out, "Taru, honey, are you ok? Taru answer me." Carna walks into the kitchen. She looks around, "TARU!?" She calls out. Carna was pulling open cupboards and doors, "TARU! BY THE WEAVE, THIS ISN'T FUNNY!" she yells loudly. Anyone else out in the saloon would hear her.

Carna takes one last look around the kitchen then enters the main room again, "Taru's gone. They grabbed her." Carna announced to the others in the room. Her jaw clenches, and she snarls a little. "Shio's seen her, apparently. He thinks they probably have her for leverage, which is probably the case." Carna grunts exhaling an angry breath of air.
08-11-2013, 12:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2013 12:53 PM by Shardheart.)
His eyes took in every detail of he movements as he gauged and judged her reaction to his presence. Forcing down the sudden desire to gut her like a pig, he gave an unseen wry grin as he gave her pistol a quick once over before watching her again. With every instinct in him hammering at his mind to remove her from his trapping grounds, his claw tapped her stomach as his breath ghosted over her ear.

"Well done. You reacted quickly, without hesitation as you calculated your options. Which by design were slim. My claw is in a good position to gut you open, spilling your organs and lifeblood on the forest floor. My position gives me leverage over most of your body, as a simple movement could send you plummeting to your death as I have the best foothold against the trunk. Furthermore, a trigger on the magpistol you wield takes approximately two seconds to charge and fire; enough time for me to shift and either shove, gut, or let the dominion handle you."

"Finally, I have a subsonic inhibitor in my hand that is muffling all sounds from us outwards of a foot. I doubt you want its connection to my cerebral interface to be severed, thus activating its sonic trap function. It vibrates at a frequency high enough to induce temporary paralysis in organic targets. Very helpful for hunting prey. Furthermore, you probably wouldn't pull that trigger and give your position away. So, I may die on the off chance you attempt it, but you more than likely certainly will."

"However, you did what you could, with perfect form and showing no hint of fear in the face of an unknown foe. I commend you for that."
After speaking, he moved away from her as his claw retracted and cloak dropped, revealing his form next to her. The man's ice blue eyes sharpened on her a moment before softening. "Forgive me, the mentality of a hunter is hard to shake, only further compounded by the fact that those I hunt wounded one I care for and captured another."

Leaning on the tree next to her, he holds up his hand revealing the device in it as he said. Putting it back down, he attached it to the tree before letting it work it's magic so to speak to muffle their voices. "So, as you can guess I'm a stalker. Name is Shio, or Shiori. I'd like to know the name of the lady I may be working with if she can forgive our first meeting." His emotional mask in place, he gave her a sheepish look as he scratched his nose.
08-11-2013, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2013 04:24 PM by Jaedis.)
Her jaw tightened as he continued speaking while tapping those vicious claws against her stomach. This was a smart one it seemed - he called her bluff. While the shot would have a possibility of taking him out, it was almost a surety that she would die soon after. The inhibitor was a nice trick too.

After that listing of his advantages, Jaedis was surprised to find the man moving away and retracting his blade. He even dropped what sounded like compliments during his spiel. Being at the disadvantage during the encounter, she didn't find herself very appreciative.

Holstering her gun and turning to him when able, her sharp grey eyes started taking in his appearance as soon as the cloak dropped. Long dark hair pulled into a ponytail; practical clothing with plenty of storage; his frame was much larger than hers, but that wasn't exactly news to an Aurin. The eyes though... they were something. She noted the harshness in them before it was replaced by a kinder look.

His eyes weren't the only change as he started talking and acting like a completely different person from the one who had nearly skewered her moments before. It was disconcerting. The man's actions now were almost relaxed as he introduced himself and asked her name.

"Shiori..." Jaedis repeated the name quietly, committing it to memory before giving him a last once-over and turning her eyes back to what the Dominion was doing. He could have killed her already - no need to assume he'd do so now. Though her gaze was elsewhere, she still answered him.

"Forgiveness is irrelevant. If we work together it will be because that's what the situation calls for. However, I'm not sure I want to give my name just yet to someone who can wear two faces so easily..."
08-12-2013, 02:51 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2013 02:58 AM by A Gentleman of Leisure.)
"Lower us down!" Samuel snaps towards the pilot as with a lurch they copter began to descend towards the formation that was starting to set up about Rexana. So far a majority of the units had broken through and had started to regroup, some one there own and others with fellow soldiers and hired goons hitching a ride. Some swung and skidded to a halt near by and started forming a defensive position. A partial circle had been forced with hoverbikes and they set up behind them as cover many bracing their weapons over them. The copter slowly lowered until it was a safe distance to leap to the ground, with that Samuel turned to velox as he motioned for the power loader to be removed by two near by troopers. "Armsmaster...assist with the defensive positioning and regrouping, no one gets through. As for myself it is time to talk like civil and reasonable beings"

Samuel gave a wicked smile a chuckled at the very idea, with a motion of his hand and a few fiddling pokes at his gauntlet interface he opened up all channels on all frequencies. They had to be using one at least. "LISTEN UP YOU FUCKING CUNTS....IT SEEMS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A LONG WHILE I'M NOT UNDER ORDERS TO KILL YOU CATHAL...THINK OF IT AS A LATE BIRTHDAY PRESENT FROM M'LADY" the copter slowly rose above the defensive position giving Samuel a statical view of all before him. "YOU HAVE SOMETHING OF MINE...I HAVE SOMETHING OF YOURS..RETURN THAT WHICH HAS BEEN STOLEN AND WE MAY PART WAYS AS I INTEND TO SPEND AS LITTLE TIME IN THIS SHIT HOLE AS POSSIBLE" Samuel rolled his shoulders and checked his weapon feeling the surging adrenaline in his veins. He breathed deep, pacing back and forth about the copter troop comparment. "THIS WILL BE A CLEAN EXCHANGE...NO FUCKING STUPID HERO SHIT, NO SPELLSLINGER TELEPORT CRAP OR STALKERS AND THE LIKE...I CAN ASSURE YOU A MECHARI CAN BREAK HER NECK FASTER THAN ANY STUNT YOU PULL." Samuel opened his arms wide at the end like some grand climax of the performance locks of golden hair flicking about in the wind. "IF YOU THINKING I'M BLUFFING ASK TREERUNNER....SHE SHOULD KNOW...HER PEOPLE DIDN'T TAKE MY THREATS SERIOUSLY AT FIRST AS WELL...SUCH A PITY, THINGS GOT AWFULLY MESSY DARLINGS" a smirk pulled at the corner of his thin lips.
08-12-2013, 07:45 AM
Vermana, closely followed by the mortar crew, arrived at the chopper's location just as Samuel had ended his nasty speech. She'd already snapped a few of her damaged limbs back in place, though they would not remain connected under stress without proper welding or nanite repair.

The crew had made a swift turn and a beeline for the choppers location as Vermana noticed the vehicle turning in for a landing. She did note the lack of proper coordinates given to her and the soldiers following her, and would certainly jot that down in her report to Ilium after the artifact was well secured. It had taken some time to pass south around the Exiles and find their position.

The crew quickly set their gear to the side and drew their rifles, asking the captain for orders, while the Mechari took a few moments to patch herself up; a simple application of regenerative nanites and the touch of a blowtorch would be more than enough to repair such simple bodily damage. Her scorched and partially tattered Dominion uniform would be much more difficult to replace.

Noticing the captive Aurin as she stood, the situation was near instantaneously clear to her. Vermana watched the three of them, twitching her pincers in mild annoyance; it would be such a shame to lose such intriguing data on the Aurin if the Exiles went through with their end of the bargain. Perhaps the Captain would be wise enough to keep her around anyway. She would love a living captive to dissect.

"A very clear and concise demand, Captain." She tilted her head and gave a half-smile, holding a rifle she'd 'acquired' on the way there. "Do you have orders for the mortar team?"
08-12-2013, 02:55 PM
Taru had been mostly quietly and still this entire time. A part of her wanted to cry out and struggle, of course, but at a certain point, any intelligent 'prey' would know when any efforts to flee will only ending up working against them. Her tail remained tucked between her knees and her ears went flat against her skull. Although she wasn't making any attempt to move, or even flex for that matter, her body did quiver excessively- she was obviously terrified.

The feeling didn't get any better as the dominion troops started to convene at hers, and her captor's, location. Her eyes glanced in fear to those who had arrived and stationed themselves, and would occasionally glance up to her captor.
08-12-2013, 06:43 PM
HE was waiting for the charge to continue when all of a sudden the com was blazing with new information. Cathal took in a silent breath as felt his mind snap back into focus. "Reggie where is Taru-" he started to ask when suddenly he heard the voice. The son of Nymphadora Talyn whipped his green eyes toward the sky and spotted the copter as it started to swing low and he saw Samuel hanging out of it. Quietly Cathal's mind went into over-drive as he began to disseminate what the man was saying. His carefree attitude was gone and the hardened military commander took over. The man hated having to instill these thoughts in himself,and to even put on that captain's hat again. But, this was a serious situation (yuh think?), he had to get a grip on it quickly.

Samuel's terms were to the point and without mercy. The Butcher was not a man to play the game with if you were smart. Nymph had hired him for a reason and had kept on retainer for a reason. He was a Reily, yet he was also a Talyn and he could think lik eone of his bereaved rival cousins.

"Hold fire unless fired upon," Cathal said as a direct order over the com, "Remain still an' dun do shit."

Cathal was not about to lose someone because some outsider or some idiot wanted to be a hero.

"I dun care how its dun, someone move thawt fuckin' artifact," he then turned to REggie, "yer infected, but did you download its files."

A voice crackled to the Malverines, "No sir, it seems to have installed several folders on my core and their incrypted. I do not understand what it was trying to do."

Inside the Saloon a voice creaked over the loud speaker, "Warning given." Sudden the mines began to beep loudly, but in ever slowing increments. Then promptly they shut off. Whatever the thing had wanted to give it had given it.

Cathal walked slowly out into the open and held up his hands after holstering his weapons. He then called out to Samue, "ALRIGHT YE FUCKING FOP PIECE OF CUNT SNOGGING SHIT. ME PEOPLE ARE GETTING YER STUPID CUBE. ANYTHING HAPPENS TO THAT AURIN LASS SAMUEL AND I WILL SHOW YOU WHAT HAPPENS TO SOMEONE WHO BREAKS THEIR WORD TO ME. AND IT INVOLVES A CELLULAR DESTABILIZER."
08-13-2013, 12:37 AM
Argyle safely teleported inside in the center of the Saloon, seeing wreckage all over. A huge hole has been blown off where it looks the kitchen should be and there's spilled and broken bottles of booze, splintered tables, and broken chairs scattered all over. "Warning Given", Argyle heard over what sounded like a loud speaker. "Warning? What Warning?" he thought to himself. "What the hell did I get myself into?". He turned his head to see a Human holding up his hands calling out to someone.

"ALRIGHT YE FUCKING FOP PIECE OF CUNT SNOGGING SHIT. ME PEOPLE ARE GETTING YER STUPID CUBE. ANYTHING HAPPENS TO THAT AURIN LASS SAMUEL AND I WILL SHOW YOU WHAT HAPPENS TO SOMEONE WHO BREAKS THEIR WORD TO ME. AND IT INVOLVES A CELLULAR DESTABILIZER." Argyle realized that he teleported in the middle of a hostage situation, an Aurin comrade of theirs taken for ransom for some kind of cube. "Its probably best If I stay out of this till all this blows over." He holstered his weapons and took cover behind the bar, knowing that he won't be much help right now.
08-13-2013, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2013 10:32 AM by Shardheart.)
((This is a combined post between Jaedis and myself. Hope you enjoy))

Shiori blinked at her clipped response before thinking to himself. It didn't seem odd to him that his emotions shifted so quickly, and it's helped him out in battle before. So why was she so put off by it? It didn't make sense to him, but shaking his head, he focused on the aurin next to him before grinning. Oh, what a delicious idea that had just popped into his head, but before he could voice or act on it Cathal's voice came over the comm. Giving his companion a 'one moment' gesture, he paused to listen before shaking his head and opening his channel again. "That's Reggie I assume. Don't worry, most Eldan artifacts I've dealt with like to leave messages or clues. Passing information for us later generations to find. I can help decrypt it later."

Turning back to Jaedis, he looked around before sighing and pulling some stuff out of his pockets. "Looks like we may need to fall back for now Kitten, but I can rig up some spider droids to track and keep an eye on things. Great for infiltration as they are equipped with optical camouflage. Got any other ideas in that remarkably bright head of yours? If you pardon the pun." With that he snickered once before getting to work on linking and activating the little palm sized robots.

Jaedis considered this new information. Fall back, huh? Wonder why. Her nose wrinkled at the name he’d chosen to give her also. They’d be discussing that... As she watched him tinker with the small machines, one question came to mind. So she asked him. ”Can you make those things explode?”

Shio blinked when he heard that and pulled out his cluster bomb before looking at it then the spiders, then he opened it up to look at the clusters inside and again at the spiders before grinning like a loon. "I knew there was a reason I liked you." He stated proudly before starting to attach the clusters to spiders, now numbering about ten in total. Looking impressed, he linked them to his computer before looking at Jaedis again. "Any other ideas? That one was good."

Her attention was now fully on him since it seemed they wouldn’t be involving themselves with the Dominion anytime soon and the troops were simply standing there for now. It was rather mesmerizing to watch Shiori work, and she was glad he sounded pleased with her input. She really should have stayed out of this, but she was in it now so may as well be helpful. There was a life at stake, and Jaedis knew if it was her friend she’d take all the help available to save it. Even though he seemed pleased, she found his word choice interesting.

"So threatening me is how I tell if you like me from now on?” Her tone was completely serious - it may be difficult to tell if she was being sarcastic or not. Without much pause, she continued, “Where are we falling back to?”

Shiori looked up and tilted his head a moment as his robotic eyes twisted like a focusing lense as he thought. "Well, we have the remains of a saloon about a half mile back or so. Got an Eldan artifact in there rigged with my mines, so they'd probably need me there to move it anyway. And if you must know, I don't hand out friendly threats casually." He gave her a wink before nodding to himself and pressing a button.

After doing so, all twelve robots came to life and moved, four of them staying up in the trees while the other eight made no noise climbing down the tree and sneaking under the bikes. Tapping a button on his wrist computer, the four cameras of the tree spiders showed the area while eight blueprints showed the armed spiders. "Eyes on and explosives ready. I like this teamwork already." He mused aloud before looking at Jaedis.

Shiori’s eyes catch her attention again - what made them like that... Thinking back to the smoldering building along the road, Jaedis nodded slowly. ‘Remains’ was right. Half a mile wasn’t terrible, but they were probably a bit pressed for time. She could cut down the time to get there, but getting back the same way wasn’t an option. May as well save time where you can though. She tilted her head slightly at his comment about ‘friendly threats’. Odd man.

As the little bots scattered, she watched their course intently until losing sight of them. Teamwork... it had been a while since she worked with anyone, but she supposed this fell under that category. ”Tell me, Shiori... Can you give me coordinates to the saloon? The more precise, the better.” Her solemn grey eyes return to meet his. ”... And you can call me Jaedis.” Shiori blinked before grinning and pulling up a virtual map of the area. On it were several different symbols and he pointed to each one to explain them.

"Ok, so there are a lot of symbols with a circle and a chevron on top of it. Those are personnel. The chevron shows where they are facing, and the blue is me, the cyan is you and my friends, and the red are the Dominion. The hollow diamonds are bikes, colors the same. The triangle that's half hollow half full is the gunship, and the hollow circles with the lines at the diagonals are the spider bots." He then pointed to another symbol farther north, out of the forest, that looked like a bold diamond that's filled by a bold circle with dots in the cardinal directions. Tapping on it, a screen came up announcing it as the saloon with a 37% structural integrity, with an unknown person inside but wasn't Dominion.

Shaking his head he pointed out the exact coordinates before holding the computer in her direction. "That good enough?" Jaedis listened closely to his description as her eyes darted around the map, creating her own mental picture. It should be workable. ”It is. Very nice. Follow me, we need to get further out of sight before I’m comfortable trying this.” She slid past him and began working her way silently down the tree. Reaching the ground, Jaedis turned away from the Dominion position and slipped through the trees until there was no longer any line of sight to the troops.

Grinning to himself, Shiori literally disappeared from sight as he followed her as silently as a wraith. Taking a moment to admire her from behind, he grinned before closing on her and keeping in step easily. The man made no sound as he walked, his stealth in place as he did his best to keep his profile to a minimum while following close by. After she stopped, and out of the line of sight he noted, Shio literally blinked into existence right in front of her. "Try what Jaedis?" He asked curiously, eyes gleaming as he smiled over learning something new.

The hair on the back of Jaedis’ neck prickled. She hated not being able to see someone who could see her, and so was much more at ease now that he was visible again. Jaedis tried to figure out why he was smiling but just let it go - not important at the moment. Unholstering one mag pistol, she grabbed his right hand with her open one and charged up her pistol as a glowing gold sigil began to appear. ”Hang on tight.” This was all she said before firing, blazing a portal into existence. She darted through it, pulling the young man along with her using surprising strength.

​Getting hauled into the portal before he was completely ready, the man landed in a heap on the floor next to Jaedis as he still clung to her hand. Getting up as he shook his head, he gave her hand a squeeze before patting it and letting go as he eyed the occupants of the room. "Everyone, this is a dear friend of mine, Jaedis. I asked her to come by to help once all this started and ran into her tracking the Dominion line. Please accept her, as we've been a team for a long time." And with that he moved off to place a holoemitter on the table before attaching it to a real-time copy of his map and the four cameras on the spider bots watching the Dominion. "So we can watch the exchange." He then moved over to the artifact and started reactivating the mines. "What were you trying to tell us..." He mused aloud.

The look Jaedis was giving Shiori was nothing less than perplexed. They had just met - why would he claim some previous relationship? It could come back and bite him in the ass if something went wrong. The thought was pushed from her mind as a flash of searing pain shot through her head. She reached up with her now-free hand and rubbed her eyes, hood dropping to her shoulders to reveal long pointy ears and bright white hair. It wasn’t surprising there were side effects... A portal over that distance wasn’t something Jaedis normally attempted, much less with extra baggage. Looking down, her pistol was steaming. Well that was going to take some time to cool down. She holstered the weapon before turning her attention to the saloon and its occupants, noting the new faces and the building’s general layout and condition.
08-13-2013, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2013 11:45 AM by Carnatia.)
Carnatia:

"ALRIGHT YE FUCKING FOP PIECE OF CUNT SNOGGING SHIT. ME PEOPLE ARE GETTING YER STUPID CUBE. ANYTHING HAPPENS TO THAT AURIN LASS SAMUEL AND I WILL SHOW YOU WHAT HAPPENS TO SOMEONE WHO BREAKS THEIR WORD TO ME. AND IT INVOLVES A CELLULAR DESTABILIZER." Cathal calls and Carna listens.

Carna is shaking with anger at the moment. Taking Taru and now this. "That SON OF A BITCH! I'LLKILL'UNISWEARTOTHEWEAVE! I'LL FUCKING KILL'UN! GAAAAH!" Carna turns and hurls a few psyblade projections out the hole in the back of the saloon. While doing there, anyone magically inclined would pick up on energy just pulsing out of her, but she starts to calm after a moment she breathes. Fixes her hair and pats down the front of her coat. "Calm... Calm..." She whispers to herself.

She turns at the ready at the sound of suddenly movement and turns to see Shiori and an Aurin she had never met. She listens to the introductions, then Shio set up the screen, "Nope. Not watching it. I'll break the thing, I don't want to see Delmonte." She growls and looks away from it but looks at Jaedis. "It's nice to meet you though, I am Carnatia. I'd offer you a drink, but the saloon is closed at the moment due to Dominion attack." She says and smiles a little in an attempt to make a lighthearted joke.

She looks back at the view screen Shio set up, "I won't watch this. But if you need someone to come kill that sunovabitch, I'll be on stand-by. I have your communication eye piece here. You." She turns and walks tot he bar and reaches over it pulling up Argyle from behind his cover, "I can sense you here you know. I don't think we've met yet. But you don't need to be hiding behind our bar. As I am sure you've heard, I am Carnatia. I could use some help, and I hope that's why you're here, as you haven't attacked yet. I am going to survey the area, and look for some of my friends who haven't come back in here." Carna releases and walks out of the back of the saloon to go looking for injured.

Rexana:

Rexana could feel the pulse and vibrations of the Aurin held by her. She watched as the others moved in and Samuel initiated a trade off. She didn't glance at Taru at all. But the Aurin was shaking a lot. Though Rexana reasoned with herself that organic beings must be scared under certain conditions. That they needed reassurance that everything was going to be ok. But for all this Aurin knew, nothing would be ok, and if anything went down, Rexana would close her hand around the Aurin's neck and snap it like a twig.

Rexana for the first time since waiting for trade off to start looked back down at Taru as Taru looked at her, "You will be back with your Malverines promptly, I'm sure. You are safe while in my care." Even though Rexana did attempt to calm the Aurin, she was was mostly deadpan and probably didn't sound all that convincing, but her words were true. She looked away from Taru and up to Samuel. Just needed to word to move closer to begin this thing.