Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Request for Membership
06-30-2013, 05:12 AM
Request for Membership
Out-of-Character
Main Character Name / Primary Alt Name: None at this time, as I am not in CBT as of yet.
Enjin / WildStar Central Username: jollyroro
IM Contacts: jollyroro87 (Skype)
What is your primary region / timezone and playtimes? New England, EST. Evenings, weekends (times vary as I share a computer with three teen boys.)
Are you eighteen or older? 44 years young

Did you read and do you agree to abide by our Rules and Policy? I did, and they are very well set out. I agree to the rules & policies of BlackSky.

What are your primary playstyles? I am a casual PvE player with a penchant for moderate RP. I have done some Raiding and would probably do some in Wildstar.

What is your roleplaying experience? I've many years of experience growing up playing D&D and the like. And 5 years or more while playing City of Heroes.

What do you hope to gain from and contribute to the BlackSky as a Player? Just to be a core member who can help out fellow BlackSky members, enjoy playing Wildstar with others, and to RP with a solid group of people. Smile

Would you like to join our guild Skype group? Maybe?

Would you like to be on our mailing list for updates about the guild? Of course!

Are you a member of any additional guilds? Nope

Where did you find out about the BlackSky? Wildstar Forums

Any additional characters if so what Faction would they be in? N/A

Any additional thoughts? I really like what I see about BlackSky so far, I look forward to getting to know everyone.

In-Character Questions
The following information is just in theory, as actual play may change this information. It is hard to know some of the specifics asked below, as they will be formed as I create my character and begin RP. My toons tend to speak for themselves, so I like to leave that up to them. Wink

Dominion: Warrior or Spellslinger (maybe Esper): Cassian or Mechari
Settler or Explorer

Please describe your character appearance:
TBD

Please describe your character's personality:
TBD

Please describe three strengths and three weaknesses about your character:
TBD

What Faction would your character is your character joining?
Dominion

Why would your character wish to join a either the Sovereigns or Maverinesb?
In short, coming from a family of 'protectors' it makes sense for (TBD) to join up with the Sovereigns.

What kind of long term plotting, or character development plans do you have?

Since I have not started any RP, it is hard to know what the long term plans are.

Where would your character fit into the Club or Unit as a prospect?

Probably

How did you learn of, or encounter the Club or Unit?

Through reading the Rules and Policies.

Do you mind the adult / violent nature of our Rp?

No at all

If you leave the club the club are willing to deal with consequences?

Of course

(Examples: Leave well you get respected as a former brother and longtime friend!

Leave badly we'll hunt you down! You'll get beat up etc.)
06-30-2013, 06:19 AM
RE: Request for Membership
Welcome to the forums Jolly!

So a few questions Big Grin

1. Can you tell me a bit about ideas for your character?

2. What specifically drew you toward us as a guild?
06-30-2013, 09:12 AM
Let's start with #2 first. I liked what was started on the Wildstar forums...a brotherhood and sisterhood. The Table Top atmosphere, of friendship AND RP fun. Those be my roots, to find it again would be awesome. And adherence to the lore of the game.

#1 Well, I am thinking that he or she, will be from a line of people (robots) who have served the Dominion for many generations. They are following in mighty big shoes, and well....they are not really cut of that same cloth. While their methods might not always be 'by the book' they have an ethos to get things done. Since normal work within the Dominion military, they have sought out the BrightStar Sovereigns. That is a very rough idea....hope that is what you are looking for. Smile
07-01-2013, 05:13 AM
1. What do you think of our Dual Factions?

2. What do you think a guild leader should bring to the table?
07-01-2013, 06:29 AM
1. Well it certainly makes for great storytelling, if done right. It makes even better RP if the game allows both factions to easily interact. As for me, it is making it a very hard choice to decide if I am Exile or Dominion material. I think its Dominion...but still..... Wink

2. For me, a leader should be a player first. They lead, because the guild believes that he or she can help direct the guild. That means that a leader needs to make decisions that are for the good of the whole. They should listen often, live and play with the general membership, work with others to make decisions, and look ahead to guide where we need to go. As a previous guild leader in CoH, I know that being a leader more often than not, meant being a counselor. Listening to the ebb and flow of the guild, helping when I could, and using those conversations to help me make good choices.
07-02-2013, 06:05 AM
1. What should a member bring to the table?

2. What did you think of our OOC Policy?
07-02-2013, 07:08 AM
1. What should a member bring to the table?

They should bring their enthusiasm and willingness to be a part of the guild. We join a guild to be a member of something larger, not get lost in the crowd, so a member should be active in whatever capacity they can; in the game, on the forums, etc.

2. What did you think of our OOC Policy?

The policy is very straight forward. It is a nice mixture of volunteer work and advancement into officer positions if a member wishes to do so.

Leader roles are well spelled out and help the membership know what to expect.

Questions for you ShadowedSin: What is Black Sky looking for from me as a veteran player and RP player? In your experience, what does an active guild look like in game.
07-02-2013, 05:42 PM
First time someone has asked me a question, don't see why I can't answer Big Grin

1. I'm looking for someone who wants to be here as a player; wants to make something of their experience and isn't going to jump ship just because it gets a bit boring or rough. We're hear to build a community, a group of friends who game together basically Big Grin

An active guild is a happy guild. If you are having fun, and you are doing what you like and people are doing it, that is an active guild. Numbers do not matter, the enjoyment of the members does.

Yer turn.

1. Why the Sovereigns?

2. Are you okay with our adult nature? Take on being violent? And how we set ourselves up as being active in the community, but not being in the mix of things?
07-02-2013, 10:42 PM
Good answers! I thought this app needed a bit of conversation....hope you dont mind. Wink

1. Who ever is inside, has made it very clear they are not a biker(babe). They are more refined than that, and feel the need to see after the Dominion and more importantly, The Agency's interests.

2. I have always been with an adult guild. Sometimes good RP needs the freedom to go where it needs to go. For me violence is okay, as long as it does not cross the line into perverse.

Q: When has violence come up and how has it furthered the story along, in your opinion?
07-03-2013, 10:05 AM
A: In the train job the Malverines robbed a train and killed a few Dominion troops or at least harmed them. Cathal has stomped a guy who tried to feel up a waitress.

1. You've joined us after a recent revamp of the Sovereigns, what do you think of that revamp?

2. What are your thoughts on how we plan to interact with the community?