Poll: Choose One!
This poll is closed.
Yes 100.00% 8 100.00%
No 0% 0 0%
Total 8 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Read and Reply Split the Guild Lore by Faction?
07-31-2013, 09:05 PM
Split the Guild Lore by Faction?
This is a possible organization method we are looking toward, would it be easier for you all and recruits to sift through everything if the Sovereigns and the Malverines had a clearer separation?

This is what this would mean!

1. Forum Category (basically the grouping of the forums) for each "faction". This would include separate IC forums and Discussion forums for each group :3

2. 1 Primary Officer who answers to the leadership to watch over each side.

3. We would take the general lore such as the history etc, structure, and separate into two main parts of the website to keep things more encapsulated.

I would like a member feed back poll.

Rule is simple vote yes or no, the poll will be open for three days!
07-31-2013, 10:30 PM
RE: Split the Guild Lore by Faction?
1 & 2 sounds great, but I am not so sure about 3 as the history of BlackSky and BrightStar are partly the same and they are tied together. Splitting the history up would just be messy as you would have to look at two places to get the whole picture. Yes, the history after planetfall is more individual but the road there are linked. Splitting up the two structures make sense as even tho they share format they do different things.
07-31-2013, 10:34 PM
I assume we'd still have general episodes where both factions would be RPing in the same area (i.e. 'The Train Job' and 'Church' episodes as recent examples)? A 'seperation' would be on stories that only involved their faction or on issues and topics that only affected their faction? Otherwise, I assume we still have 'general' forums where members from both factions would post? If so, then I will vote 'yes', because I do think this will be better organized and less likely for confusion. However, and this is something all multi-faction guilds have to be ever wary about, we'd need to be careful that players don't just start spending all their time in their faction's forums (as opposed to taking part in the 'general' or 'mixed' forums as well) creating, essentially, a separate guild even though we all fall under the common banner of 'BlackSky'.
07-31-2013, 11:06 PM
I feel the same as Eku.. 1 and 2 yes. 3 could be messy.
08-01-2013, 02:52 AM
Note there be no new forum website or general site. Just an area dedicated to each group. It was suggested to offer different histories for both factions to give their POV of the situation
08-01-2013, 03:37 AM
Like 8Bit I feel as long as there is an effort to ensure that people don't retreat solely into one side than I am 100% for it.

I love the idea of the same events being portrayed by the different sides. Legend of the Five Rings did that in a series of books. One event looked through by the different clans. I think it is a great idea. And can really help people get a feel for the factions. Heck I would even go further and have the honest unbiased version of events which would show the full reality and really highlight how things were skewed by each group. But that is just my weird love of truth and how personal bias and angles change it.

Number 2 I 100% support without any conditions. Overall I am a yes.
08-01-2013, 04:00 AM
For site sections it would be faction specific lore:
-gang structure
-jobs / businesses

We are likely going to start running a separate ad per faction. A pile ppl seem to think we are only Exiles.
08-01-2013, 07:04 AM
I have such a crush on Opie now. That's exactly the kind of thing I want to see myself.