Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Closed] First Encounter (Nova Rose and Argyle)
08-12-2013, 12:46 AM
[Closed] First Encounter (Nova Rose and Argyle)
Nexus in the afternoon, the wind is somewhat breezy and the sun is covered by clouds drifting slowly in the sky. Argyle yawns loudly, involuntarily covering part of his mouth and continues to wander around. "Its been days since I came here and there's so many plants and wildlife I've never seen before. Luckily, I haven't encounter any predators or inhabitants on this planet and I hope to keep it that way", He says to himself. He's in his usual attire, not really caring for changing his clothes, and looks the same way he always does, like he just got out of bed.

He wandered a bit more, gathering the local flora and fauna and recording his findings on his datapad. A hour has passed as he decided to head back to his lab. "I think I pretty much have the specimens I need for now...maybe i'll take a short nap". He sees a tree close by and walks towards it, hoping to get some rest and shade from the now exposing sunlight.
08-12-2013, 01:04 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2013 01:04 AM by Nova Rose.)
RE: [Closed] First Encounter (Nova Rose and Argyle)
One thing about Nexus was that it never seemed to be done. There was always something interesting to find. Something neat to test. Or some new piece of discarded technology she could pick up and take with her. The Aurin made her way through the forest, careful to avoid any kind of predator. Well, unless it was a plant. She couldn't avoid those. They were everywhere.

She ducked under some vines that seemed ready to reach out and grab her. Her tail brushed over one and she could swear it shuddered. Creepy. Of course, it was probably just her imagination.

Nova found herself a little lost, wandering over to the same tree the human scientist had found himself lying under. She crouched down and poked her head around the trunk of the tree. Her ears perked up as she looked over him. He seemed to be sleeping. She looked up and climbed the tree, sitting on a branch over him.
08-12-2013, 01:25 AM
As he slept, it was the same dream he had everyday since then, always hearing a faint song he couldn't understand, but he knew that it was a woman singing it. He dreamt of his time in Arboria. He remembered the planet he stayed for days, the specimens he had collected, and the young Aurin who always smiled and talked to him when no one else wanted to. He kept remembering that last day when he left, the last time he had seen the planet, the last time he saw her. "Please promise you'll come back to visit Mr. Argyle sir, You have to promise!", her words kept racing through his mind and the promise he made a long time ago, and the reports of Arboria being conquered by The Dominion angered him.

His dream had slowly became a nightmare as he woke sitting upward, and breathing heavily. He puts his hand on face and tries to calm himself down, "Damn..Dammit...Not again.."
08-12-2013, 01:34 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2013 01:36 AM by Nova Rose.)
Nova had taken up a nice perch on the branch. Her mind on what she had found. Her encrypted tablet taking in a lot of new information. The data was transferred quickly to the main computer in her lab. Though, her friend couldn't read it anyway.

Her mind drifted for a moment. She was happy to be exploring a new planet, but she still missed her home. Nothing would ever compare to it again. When the man sat up, breathing heavily, she was almost thrown off the branch. The pen for her tablet fell on his lap. She squeaked and wanted to hide back in the tree. Instead, she looked down at him. "S-sorry..."
08-12-2013, 01:46 AM
He felt something small hit his lap, he removed his hand from his face to look and he saw a pen. He grabbed it and looked at it for a while, "What the hell?"he whispered to himself. "S-Sorry" he heard someone say, he quickly turned his head upward to see that he wasn't the only one here. He looked at the Aurin for a second, sitting on a branch, as he started to stand up. "Is this yours?" he asked holding the pen up to her.
08-12-2013, 01:53 AM
At least he didn't attack her or yell. Her ears twitched as she slowly moved out of the tree. Her tablet tucked away in her coat. She hangs from the tree for a moment before finally dropping down to the ground. Her heels digging into the dirt. She makes a face and pulls them out. Ears flat now. "Y-yeah. Sorry. I hope I didn't disturb you. You just kind of scared me when jumped up like that. A-are you okay?" The Aurin ran a hand through her towo toned hair, looking down. The human seemed nice enough. And an Exile. Meaning she wasn't in an actual danger.
08-12-2013, 02:14 AM
He quickly handed the pen over to her. "I-I'm fine, I just had a bad dream" he said replying quickly to her question. He looked closely at the Aurin, seeing her long, toned hair and her blue/green eyes, and her lab coat. He then comes back to his senses and clears his throat. "A scientist I see, I understand the need of researching the local flora and fauna around here but its pretty dangerous wandering Nexus all by yourself without a body guard or at least a weapon." he said, patting his lower right lab coat pocket that holds his gun. "Not that I encourage violence mind you, its just a precaution to take if nothing else."
08-12-2013, 02:21 AM
Nova sat down where he had been, making herself comfortable. She took the pen with a smile. "Thank you." Her ears twitched at the mention of a bad dream, causing a frown to tug at her lips. She opened her mouth to apologize for hearing it but he continued. So, she sat quiet so she didn't disturb him.

She shifted herself, tilting her head. "Wait, you have a weapon? I don't. I mean, I know I should but I don't really like them. And what should I do anyway? I don't know how to use a gun or a knife or those really fancy claws I've seen some people with." She hoped the man would at least sit down because she was. A break from researching was nice.
08-12-2013, 02:34 AM
He sighed and sat down in front of her, still a bit shaken from the nightmare but kept his composure. "I never liked using weapons either. Funny enough, I only use it to teleport...though not all the time." He frowned a bit, feeling the same discomfort for weapons as she does. "How long were you on that branch...?" he asked her with a straight face. He knows that its been a good long while since he napped and luckily it was only an Aurin that appeared when he woke up and not some dangerous creature or Dominion soldiers.
08-12-2013, 02:46 AM
Nova noted how he was reacting. How he seemed upset but didn't want to talk about it at all. She wouldn't press the issue for now. But it was just in her nature. She wanted to help people. Its why she became a doctor. She seemed confused when he mentioned teleporting with a gun. Or maybe he meant something else.

She blinked, another question posed to her. She thought for a moment before pulling out her tablet. "Uuuum, I... um, I don't know. An hour or so? That's what my logs are telling me. I don't know how long you were here. But that dream you had seemed kind of bad..."