Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Closed] First Encounter (Nova Rose and Argyle)
08-12-2013, 03:08 AM
RE: [Closed] First Encounter (Nova Rose and Argyle)
He frowned at her, saying that its been over an hour since he started napping for what it felt like only a few minutes. "It was just a Nightmare, nothing more." he answered quickly to her, "It's better if you just don't mention it again or to anyone else." He sighs deeply, feeling apologetic and changes the subject. "So you're a Scientist? So am I." he says, "I'm personally a Medical scientist, A Doctor in simpler terms." He holds out his hand to her and introduces himself.

"Dr. Argyle Rubrick" He states to her.
08-12-2013, 03:32 AM
Her ears flattened when he said not to mention it again. She knew of nightamres. Having her own as her family's death played in her mind a lot. And then Cellie's nightmares when he was staying in her lab because he had was recovering. The Aurin looked to her lap for a moment. A strange silence developing. She doesn't let her continue though.

"Dr. Nova Rose." She takes his hand, giving it a shake. A smile on her face again. "I was on the ship studying and getting my license. Well, experience, I guess."
08-12-2013, 06:18 AM
"Getting your license huh? Yeah, I remember going through that, all those sleepless nights of studying and when I finally got my license, I felt so happy, it was like getting my very first scan-bot." He chuckled, and for the first time he felt happy and not his usual angry self. He felt his spirits lifting up and being in a much better mood. "Maybe Aurins always have a special way of putting smiles on peoples faces", he thought to himself. "Is that you were doing out here, getting experience? or were you looking for something?" he said to Nova.
08-12-2013, 06:25 AM
"Well, I have it. And a lab. A couple of patients. Though, I tend to make more house calls than anything else." Nova wouldn't go into details. Wasn't allowed. She had made promises and that is why these people trusted her so much. Even her files were encrypted so no one could tell. "Oh! I was out here gathering things." She motions around them, hair moving into her face. She brushed a few strands from her face, just smiling. "I take random things and experiment with them. To see what they do to certain creatures. Like, are they are cure to something? Or are they are going to kill people."
08-12-2013, 06:42 AM
"No kidding, I was out here looking for some flora to see if they have any medical properties."He reached for his datapad and scrolled down on some of notes of the flora he has found. "I have found some that have medical properties, but I also was unlucky to find ones that are poisonous and one that apparently wanted swallow me whole." He puts his datapad back into his lab coat pocket.

"You have a couple of patients in your care huh? I haven't really had a lot of people come to me for Medical services or even a checkup, all because people spread some damn ugly rumors about me."He shortly got angry again, clenching his fists. "So yeah, Now I have more time to work in my lab and do some research since everyone thinks I'm an 'Angry, short-tempered, not good with kids' Scientist."
08-12-2013, 06:50 AM
Nova leaned in to look at his datapad as he started to go over it. Her ears blocking his view now. She quickly moved back, still smiling. "It is interesting to do. And I don't have anything from back home." Her voice wavered a bit when she mentioned her home world. Her ears lowering a bit.

But she shook it off. Giving a shrug, she leaned back against the tree. "Well, they trust me and I want to help people. So, I do." Her ears flattened at the mention of him being an angry, short tempered scientist. She moved a little closer to him. "Are you?"
08-12-2013, 07:02 AM
"Are you?" She asked. He looks at her and grunts. "I couldn't care less what people think of me, if they don't want any medical attention from me, that's their own damn choice." He lowers his head, lost at thought when she said she didn't have anything back home. "Well, I guess we both have something in common." he stands and dusts himself off, frowning. "I'm not some happy-go-lucky Doctor who gives out Bandages and lollipops to good boys and girls just cause they have a little boo-boo on their knee or a scrape on their arm, I work hard to get where I am today and If they don't like my attitude, then they can either suck it up or find someone else to treat their wounds."
08-12-2013, 07:18 AM
She squeaked, shrinking back when he seemed to get mad. That kind of answered her question. Even as he spoke. Ranted, really. They had a lot in common? Probably. A lot of the Exiles shared all that. The pain of what the Dominion did. She stood up slowly as he still seemed angry. Something about attitudes and patients not liking it. Though, the Aurin couldn't blame them. She took a step foward, wrapping her arms around him. She was just trying to hug him, give some kind of comfort. It seemed a lot of the people she knew were angry.
08-12-2013, 07:42 AM
He felt angry, not for the fact that people disliked him but for The Dominion who destroyed his friends home, his only friend. He then felt Nova wrapping her arms around him, trying to give him a hug. He calmed down, and blushed a bit, Hadn't had been given a hug for so long. "I'm-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap like that." He slowly wrapped his arms around her, returning the hug. He felt comfort, something he hadn't felt since his time in Arboria so long ago.
08-12-2013, 07:52 AM
Nova was just a friendly person. She had been since Cellie came into her life. Best friends did that. She kept the hug, giving him a slight squeeze. "Its okay. We all get mad sometimes. Just so long as you aren't mad all the time." She smiled as she pulled back from the hug. Not yet pulling her arms away from him. Just wanting him to know that she would be here to help where she could. She poked his side, giggling.