Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Enigma's Application
08-27-2013, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2013 06:23 PM by Enigma.)
Enigma's Application
About the Player
Main Character Name / Primary Alt Name: Jedidiah Hawke (Hopefully when the game launches, we will be able to use a surname in-game as well.)
Enjin / WildStar Central Username: Enigma
Primary Character / Alts Joining the BlackSky: Jedidiah Hawke
IM Contacts: Skype.
What is your primary region / timezone and playtimes? West Coast / GMT-7 and generally during the middle of the week and evenings.
Are you eighteen or older? Yes, I turned twenty-one this June.

Did you read and do you agree to abide by our Rules and Policy? I do.

Where did you find us and why do we stand out? I found you whilst browsing the WildStar forums and what made your topic much more vibrant than others was first, graphics and second, the content. The moment your header spoke of lore and began in an in-character manner, I knew I had found likeminded people.

Would you like to join our Guild Skype Group? And or the Guild Mailing List? This depends on what exactly I'd be mailed about. Unless this would be in-game mailing; but sure, why not.

Are you a member of any additional guilds, circles, warplots etc? Nope. Yours is the first Guild I've even considered joining.

What are your primary playstyles? Medium-Hardcore RP, dungeoneering, raiding and crafting- though crafting this time around will be given a much more in-depth thought, pertaining to in-character resources and duration. I'd rather not be tethered to game mechanics if at all possible. heh.

About Roleplay
What is your roleplaying experience? I have been role playing for several years now, though I lack the creative processes necessary to formulate a fleshed out character biography, as well as some lack of literary terms, though I am relatively flexible when it comes to learning.

What are your primary Roleplay Limits? As long as the situation fits, I'm game for anything and everything.

Are you okay with the R rated (content in our guild contains adult language, violent situations, partial nudity, narcotics) nature of our Roleplay? As stated above, as long as the content compliments the scenario at hand. if anything's inanely over-the-top without purpose, I'll interject.

What do IC Consequences mean to you? Would you be willing to deal with the consequences listed in our lore? Such as humiliation? OR even being beaten within an inch of life or worse? Jedidiah would likely attempt to evade such treatment but to answer your question; yes, I would allow these consequences to be enacted on my character.

Would you be willing to take consequences if your character left the Club or Agency and warranted them? Yes. I am well aware of how influence works within an in-character environment and penalties garnered from betrayal and/or desertion.

About the Character
NOTE: If you are unsure about a main character at this point, answer these questions as best you can to help us understand you a bit.
What is your character's name / race / class / path? Jedidiah Hawke / Human / Spellslinger / Settler

What faction is your character joining? The Malverines.

Tell us a bit about your character's personality, include three strengths and three weaknesses. He's a rather suave, charismatic and slightly egotistical ruffian, to be brief.

What would your characters occupation or job within their faction? Are they employed by a guild business or have their own? He works as a freelance architect, employed by various new inhabitants of Nexus wishing to stake claim on unassigned properties. Since all races are still relatively new to the planet, he has been able to make a humble living off his art.

Why would this character join or become a Prospect of either the Malverines of the Sovereigns? Personal gain? He believes that once the Malverines become more renowned they will require larger bases of operation, and he will be able to draft them appropriate quarters as to host their headquarters.
08-28-2013, 05:15 AM
RE: Enigma's Application
1. What are your thoughts about conflict resolution and drama in general? In that regard what did you think of our rules?

2. We as a guild focus on building a sense of brotherhood and guild identity, and how to bring members closer together in our collective community. What are your thoughts on that?
08-28-2013, 07:11 AM
1) It is my belief that all conflict should meet a resolution through level-headed discourse. Drama however, I have very little tolerance for. I've dealt with it in every game I've been in and frankly I will not feed rumours nor volatile individuals or instigate in petty insult wars in attempts to prove one party right over another.

All my fears have vanished however, when I took a look through your rule section, seeing that almost all the above points have been prohibited while part of the Guild. All in all, you have quite the solid set of rules.

2) I am all for group dynamics, honestly. To be part of a Guild with a goal and being able to work together to reach a common goal or end is, in my opinion, simply awesome.
08-28-2013, 05:00 PM
1. As a member what do you desire from a good guild leader? Give us some examples and let us know what a leader should bring to the table? What about officers?

2. Now what about members in return? What should they do to make the guild a better place?
08-29-2013, 03:48 AM
1) What I desire from a guild leader is cooperation with their members, as well as someone who is not afraid to enforce their own rules. Which means someone who is generally unbiased, not giving into favouritism and the like. However, on the flip side, they should also be caring towards their members, not a emotionless drone who simply goes through the motions. i.e: cracking down on misbehaving members, assisting newer and their core players if they require it and setting up events for the entire guild to partake in.

Now, that's really only for role play purposes . . however for raiding / PvP, the guild leader should be extremely flexible and try to encompass everyone in the raid schedule or have two separate groups, therefore leaving no one out.

Officers are not much different. They should be mostly unbiased as well and enforce the laws of the guild and try to create events while the Guild leader is away or people are starting to get a bit restless with the lack of activity in-game. I see Officers more as mediators and if need be, wardens while the community is, well- a community.

2) Although that doesn't mean we do not play a pivotal role in bringing life to the guild. Members themselves should be striving to offer their ideas and should not be afraid to voice their opinions or general ideas because they are scared to be rejected or otherwise. Although, I don't see that happening here, everyone seems quite happy and friendly- but nevertheless, that's my opinion on the matter.

Also, members should create a better atmosphere for the guild by taking all disputes one might have into private channels. It prevents flooding for one, as well as nullifying any sort of rising tension that occurs when people see heated debates ongoing in chat. Oh, and one last note- ALL members should try and give others good impressions of their guild, not shaming all other members because a single one trash talked someone else and that event spread and suddenly all members/officers and the guild leader are being avoided like the plague.

Trust me, I've seen it happen.

[Image: fpVKYzE.png]
08-29-2013, 08:39 PM
1. What did you think of our two factions? Do you see any problems arising from them, or any good arising from them?

2. What about the Malverines interests you the most?
08-30-2013, 06:11 AM
1) I am slightly confused by that question because you could be referring to role play scenarios or out of character drama in general. Either way, I'll answer both

In the mind of RP scenarios, I'd say that there are tons of different ways that each side will be able to interact with one another and create an in-depth and engaging storyline. Although, that will only be possible if the game allows cross faction interaction, but you know. There is hope.

On the other hand, I could potentially see a lot of drama rising from two opposing factions in one umbrella guild, so to speak. For example, if there was a PvP scene and one side won over the other and gloated about it (for whatever reason) that might cause the losing side to throw petty remarks at the winners and could spark a flame war or some other embarrassing event. I doubt that would happen, but those are my personal, unbiased concerns.

2) In actuality nothing truly popped out at me, but seeing how Exiles are a rag-tag group of outlaws in the Dominion's eyes, it would be understandable and quite awesome to be apart of a group with a biker gang mentality, yet still has a regimented system like a small PMC or something similar. Okay, I guess that was the one part of the Malverines that interested me the most, although that's not to say the other aspects did not catch my eye.

08-30-2013, 06:33 AM
1. In our guild we do split our stories into Seasons which each then feature an event obviously named an Episode. What are your thoughts about having Episodic content organized into ongoing story arcs?

2. With that in mind, what do you think about our core story elements such as the Grey Line, Adult RP and how it will affect our stories?
09-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Sorry about the delay, I've been away for a few days. Now it's time to get crackin'.

1) It's a great idea. Allows for character development and extends the longevity of plots, allowing people to join in at intervals instead of missing out completely due to coming in at the wrong times.

2) I believe these story elements will allow for pure unadulterated story-telling, which is good because that means no elements are barred from the plot, which provides the ability to make much more in-depth stories due to having no creative binds.

09-02-2013, 06:44 PM
1. What did you think of the united unbiased history?

2. What were your thoughts on the Malverine Lore and the themes that we present for them?