Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Closed] Contract Work - [Carnatia & Zakk]
09-02-2013, 08:59 AM
[Closed] Contract Work - [Carnatia & Zakk]
Carnatia stood behind the bar wiping down the bartop. She pulls some of her long outrageous blond hair form her eyes and sighs to herself. It has been a slow night. Carna liked the times she worked the bar. There was something calm about it.

There was a few patrons sitting around, but the saloon still lay in a state from a previous conflict with the Dominion. The bar had been repaired in very patchwork fix ups and things. But they still went on with business as normally as possible through the damage.

As she finishing wiping down the bartop she throws the rag under the top and pulls up some glasses and begins stacking them on the counter behind her.
09-02-2013, 02:35 PM
RE: [Closed] Contract Work - [Carnatia & Zakk]
Zakk was in a good mood today, He got his job done early, had money in his pockets, and was looking forward to his first hot meal in days. Rations can only get a man so far, and his mouth was watering at the thought of eating something that didn't look like grey paste.

When the town came into view Zakk paused for a long while. Potholes and shrapnel were everywhere and the local saloon looked like a bomb went off in it. "Hmm...I guess I wasn't hearing things after all." After walking for a bit he came up to the entrance of the saloon. Coming into the bombed out building, the door came off the hinges in hands, crashing onto the ground, leaving part of the door in his hand and a very embarrassed look on his face. "Shit," he though, "Not a great way to make an entrance..."

[Image: BSM-Test_zpsf11a4753.png]
A member of the BlackSky Community
09-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Carna turns to look at the newcomer. She sighs loudly and gives a giggle, "Damn. Really thought it'd stay up that time," She responds, "Sorry about that." Carna leaves from behind the bar to come over to Zakk. She takes the part of the door he is holing from him politely and places it beside the door frame. She then picks up the piece that fell and leans it beside the door frame.

"I'll have to figure out how to jerry rig that up before I leave tonight," She says, looking at the door, "Anyway. What can I get you?" She turns and smiles at Zakk.

SHe promptly turns away from him and pats her hands on her legs before going to the tiny sink behind the bar to quickly wash her hands. She looks back up to Zakk.
09-03-2013, 01:47 PM
The Bartender's smile relaxed Zakk a bit as he walked up to the bar. Looking around the saloon as he took his seat his mind went into full business mode, "Man this place is torn to hell," he thought, "There is at least a month worth of work here..."

Zakk sat at the bar, his black dreadlocks swinging freely at his shoulders as he adjusted his seat, "I'll take a water if you don't mind, and if you have something to eat laying around in the back somewhere that would be great." Zakk looked around the saloon, continuing to take in the structural damage of the place, "My name is Zakkery Wallton," he said with a smile, "And I could fix this place up for you if you want."

09-08-2013, 11:37 PM
Carna begins right away filling a glass of water the moment he asks for it. She moves around behind until she places the glass in front of him.

"Oh? Are you a contractor then? Well praise the Weave. It's been hell trying to find one to come in..." Carna responds. She then moves down the bar looking for a snack she could throw at Zakk.

"I am Carnatia Treerunner. You can call me Carna. I am one of the officers of this establishment, and as it would happen in charge of the money. So you found the right person for discussing contracts." Carna continues and giggles lightly. She finds a little bag of chips and makes the bag crinkle a little bit.

"We have these. Or if you want a sandwich or something I can whip one up in the back no problemo." She tells Zakk smiling at him.
09-09-2013, 07:34 AM
Zakk took the water with a smile, downing half the glass in one gulp. "Thanks Carna, the chips will do for now." As Zakk opened the bag, he continued to look around the saloon, popping a chip in his mouth as he took out a tablet from his jacket.

"This place sure was worked over," Zakk said aloud, still looking at his tablet,"I could do a standard repair job, or I could do some structural reinforcement if you want." Talking on and on, Zakk placed his tablet on the bar, finished off the glass of water and smiled at the bartender, "I just finished a job up the hill, so i'm in the black enough to do this job at a discount." Zakk folded up the bag of chips, writing down the frequency to his comms on the back and handing it to Carina, "You keep some good food coming my way and cover material costs and I'm your guy to fix this place up!"

09-10-2013, 09:04 AM
Carna goes serious face, "Well, sir, I can work with you now to figure out costs and things, that is no problem. I could even begin drafting some kind of impromptu contract, but I will need to get the go ahead from my boss," Carna looks at the electrical clock on the wall, "Though I don't know when, or if he'll be in tonight. He is like a drifter sometimes, I swear." Carna giggles.

Carna begins arranging some glasses, "I believe after current events to cause this damage, I think we are looking for the reinforcements will probably be a must. Dominion RPGs are nasty things..." Carna tilts her head, eyes glazing over a moment. She then shakes her head. "Anyway. Yes, the reinforcements, and repairs. I know you've only just walked in but what do you think on preliminary costs?" She folds her arms and looks at Zakk.
09-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Noticing Carna's change in tone, Zakk pulled his dreadlocks back into a ponytail, still smiling. " Well, there is a mine a few miles up the hill that I pull ore from, and the back woods have a metric ass load...pardon my language...of hardwood," he said rubbing his forehead, " so getting to materials won't be an issue." As Zakk spoke he stood up, walking around the saloon and pointing at certain areas. "I can estimate its gonna be around 300 credits(dollars?) A week, but that's if you don't want anything too fancy."

Zakk paused in the middle of the saloon, still looking at all the cracks and bombed out sections of the place. "Since I broke the door, I'll fix that for free, after I'm done with it, it will take a lot more than a RPG to knock it down."

09-16-2013, 10:34 AM
Cathal appeared halfway into the conversation, but steathily from the back door through the storage room. Walking in he was silent as a church mouse and caught the gist of what was going on. Dressed in his usual black duster with the malverines emblem on the back he cocked an eyebrow as he caught his financial officer and a contractor in the midst of their discussion. Cathal was quiet for a majority of the conversation and sat out of sight till he figured it was time to appear. Someone wanted to charge him three hundred a week to fix the place up? Interesting, he could always use a good contractor.

After contemplating his options he walked into view and said, "Caught a bit of what ye both were sayin. Sa...three hundred a week eh? Alroight, I shall give ye that plus ye show yer good at getting materials ta an' we can discuss a bonus after the work is done." He then offered his hand to make the deal final.
09-16-2013, 10:53 AM
"Caught a bit of what ye both were sayin. Sa...three hundred a week eh? Alroight, I shall give ye that plus ye show yer good at getting materials ta an' we can discuss a bonus after the work is done."

Zakk took the man's hand and gave it a good shake, he was clearly the boss, no need to keep him waiting. "Outstanding!", Zakk said with excitement. Picking up his tablet, Zakk started moving his hands in smooth patterns, his automated construction quad up the hill roaring to life. "I'll have Betty here in a couple of minutes with the gear I need to get started...If you have any additions ou need added onto the place you just let me know."

Zakk stood and smiled at his new clients. As he put the tablet back in his pocket the oh too familiar vibrations in the ground told him that Betty was almost to the saloon and it was time to get to work. Zipping up his coveralls, Zakk winked at the gentleman, "This place will be a fortress by the time i'm done."