Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Jane Whitmore's Application
09-05-2013, 09:12 AM
RE: Jane Whitmore's Application
1. Ya know, I searched "united unbiased history" and came up with nothing. So I am not sure where you are going with this question. United history, do you mean telling the Exiles and the Dominions story as 2 parts, or do you mean more focused on the united history of the Malverines and the Sovereigns? If you are talking about the guild's 2 factions, I think its a great idea. It's not just 2 groups who sometimes run into each other. It's two sides of the same tale. That will help keep the 2 factions united and provide more reasons for why they would have interactions and conflicts.

2. This "The truth was that BlackSky was a crew of thrill seekers, defiant upstarts, and in many ways, misfits." This is the kind of lore and guild story I can fit a character into. I like the themes, both the thrill seeking defiant daredevils and the darker themes of drugs, gambling, thievery, etc. Having that range of options for characters will add to the realism of the over all guild story.
09-05-2013, 11:43 AM
The Unified history is under the BlackSky History page on the Lore Tab.

1. As a member what do you desire from a good guild leader? Give us some examples and let us know what a leader should bring to the table? What about officers?

2. Now what about members in return? What should they do to make the guild a better place?
09-05-2013, 12:21 PM
1. Leader: Oversees the direction of the guild and it's place in the RP community. The leader is usually the player outsiders contact first. So, he/she is the face of the guild, the salesperson, the PR rep, etc. At the same time, the leader is the captain of the ship, keeping the Guild Story on track, keeping the crew in line. The final say in unresolved conflicts and disputes.
Officers: Handle day to day business, relations within the guild, hear story ideas from members, and encourage the shy ones to get involved. Remember that really cool teacher that made everyone in the room feel like they were part of something bigger? That's a guild officer.

2. Consistent participation. Number 1 expectation. Story plots don't write/act themselves. We need actors and creative writers to make the guild's RP work. Outside of RP, I would like to see members take leadership roles as they come up. It doesn't have to be a promotion but it could be running a story, or getting a group together for PvE/PvP. All members should feel a sense of responsibility for making the guild grow and prosper.
09-05-2013, 05:56 PM
Coo, so Micky I know you Rped with my previous guild on GW2, and one thing we had in that guild was a lore character standard and focus. This final question is under that context.

1. We have asked you about our character standard, but let ask something a bit more. BlackSky focuses on creating a immersive, and lore focused storyline. We do not mind some lore bending, but we as a guild focus on trying to remain within the bounds laid out by Carbine, and also the forms of Rp our guild aims to create.

What are your thoughts on this?
09-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Are you saying I have to give up my dream of creating a Harry Potter vampire that is also a inverted werewolf and a mermaid on every other Thursday??? That might be a deal breaker.

But I guess rules are rules. <insert dramatic sigh here>

I stick the game lore in the different RP groups in which I have and currently participate. It's not really immersive if you're making up your own rules and just using the game for the pretty graphics. Besides, I like the challenge of taking my concepts and finding ways to fit them into game/guild lore. That being said, I will stick to both game and guild lore. I am still learning the game lore as more is revealed. I will probably need to continue tweaking my character, too. And I always welcome constructive criticisms on my characters and story ideas.
09-06-2013, 06:33 AM
Righteous!

Welcome to the BlackSky, Prospect!

Welcome to the BlackSky Community! As you have just passed our OOC interview the next step is your Roleplay introduction into the BlackSky!

To do this you can join an ongoing active open thread in our forums (ANY OPEN THREAD, check out the OOC Discussion if you need assistance!). You can also Rp your way in via skype with an officer, to do this just ask in here in your application thread or feel free to directly talk to an Officer (use your thread for this if you want to Big Grin). Finally, you can create a new OP in the Long Road forum to get an Rp going!

You will be a full prospect in the guild and on your way to earning your colors!

You can also work on your character bio (totally optional) and feel free to introduce yourself in the intro forum!
04-22-2014, 06:11 PM
Congrats on your new patch, Sister!

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser