Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[Open] Girrok Rampage (9/2/13)
09-17-2013, 04:01 PM
Post: #11
RE: [Open] Girrok Rampage
Jedidiah watched as the Girrok's hides started glowing brighter and their advances becoming more and more manic. His mind raced, unsure of how to go about this situation, when suddenly a grizzled voice cracked in on the local communications channel. Jed paused and eyed what appeared to be the Alpha of the Girrok. The massive creature was stampeding towards the town, he only had moments to think before a shrill cry resounded across the forest. The Guard out front careened into a tree and fell limp.

Jed grit his teeth and piped in on the comlink. "Aye, I'm willin' an' able. What're ye thinkin', Cap'?" He looked at the remnants of the pack and clenched onto his bike's throttle. "Maybe we can bring one o'em trees down on top of that big lug there." His voice crackled through the comm once more, publicly across the local channel. With a grin he redrew one of his mag pistols and revved the engine, speeding towards the herd now.

[Image: fpVKYzE.png]
Quote
09-17-2013, 10:19 PM
Post: #12
RE: [Open] Girrok Rampage
Jane muttered a string of curses as the beasts used the downed tree like a stepping stone. Gritting her teeth, she lay low over the bars and zoomed forward trying to get ahead of the pack. A beasty took notice of the bike racing alongside, and in eerie unison, four moved as one to changed their course for her direction. The hell? Jane didn’t wait to find out what they had in mind. Instead, she honed in on a spot yards ahead and propelled herself and the bike forward out of reach.

Something buzzed in her ear, a voice coming through over the roar of beast and machine. She added her own sharp, raspy comment to the mix. “Aye, count me in. I can toss out a few road blocks, slow ‘em down or just blast hell outta them. Which-a-way you wanna turn this ship, Cap?”
Quote
09-23-2013, 04:22 AM
Post: #13
RE: [Open] Girrok Rampage
At the seeming scents of the number of people who were beginning to show up in order to thwart the Girrok movement, the large one began to slow down its pace, soon coming to a complete and utter stop. Its paws spread out along the terrain, the smaller ones slowly forming up about it. It looked as though they were taking up a rather complex formation, something to cover the larger one that led them.

As the formed crystals on their hides glowed even brighter, the large one opened its maw and suddenly the ground began to shake. Energy formed along its body, crackling like electricity. The glows from the smaller ones drained out while it brightened, and a suddenly large arc of electric energy cracked upon the ground, scorching and blazing towards whoever and whatever was in the front vicinity of them.

(It'll mostly stall machines, leaving that unwanted static shock feeling to any people that may be touched by it. Think of it as a psuedo-EMP)

--

Corvo blinked once, and glanced over at Church that was still pumping out radio waves and instructions to the pack for him. "This is unexpected. They can converge energy as well like this." Noting it upon his pad, he watched the status of the impending drop off for his prized experiment. "I just hope they don't fail to place it at the correct coordinates." The Mordesh would mutter, then stepped from behind his tree, stalking forward calmly a bit to take a better position.

--

As the Girrok herd finished off their rather interesting flash of an attack, the large one roared once more, and they had begun to move again.

((Approximate time to the town: twelve minutes))
Quote
09-23-2013, 06:06 AM
Post: #14
RE: [Open] Girrok Rampage
He had the attention of two riders, that was good. What caught his attention specifically was the fact that he had other riders out there. Good, the free were always the best to deal with. Cathal smirked to himself as he realized that since planetfall the existence of others like himself, free men and women, had always caused him a bit of joy. He thought about what the first was suggesting, a man it seemed, and he liked the idea. Dropping some of the large trees on the creatures while not likely a direct answer was a good way to slow the damn thing down.

"Alright we'll take out the larger trees in its path eh! An use em to herd the damn thing away from the down!," he said and scanned the heads up display on his bike. Cathal then pulled on a pair of goggles and connected them to the H.U.D. map. How to attack the situation? They were perhaps ten minutes away from the town and things had to be solved fast.

Life suddenly got harder.

His instruments started to go wild as one of the creatures he was riding near started looking a bit strange. Well, strange was a ligh description. There were arcs of energy surging across one of the creatures and that definitely caught his attention. That's when things nearly died and he had to swerve once or twice.

"Fuckers shot of some sort of EMP!" he exclaimed over the com as he then noted a grouping of trees in front of the creatures. He selected a few that would curb their advance to then push them closer together. Cathal then uploaded the information to those nearby.

"Take down the trees on the right an' left, as we hammer them in we'll then drop a massive one near the town on em."
Quote
09-25-2013, 09:41 AM
Post: #15
RE: [Open] Girrok Rampage
The Girrok stopped their advance and Jed's eyes widened. The larger of the bunch began pulsating- electricity crackling along its hide, lighting up the forest around him. Before long, as Jedidiah sped along the path, the great beast opened its maw and a wave of energy arced out across the land. He tried to maneuver his bike from the beam's blast radius, but no avail. His engine suddenly dying and his comm crackling before fading completely.

Jed let forth a slew of curses and slammed his fists against the bike's gas cover. "Damn it all! You fuckin' girroks did a number on m'bike. I'll make sure to get you back for that." He sighed and reached behind him to one of his saddlebags, fishing in and procuring a slightly older ham radio. He tuned back in to the frequency, his voice horribly warbled, "I.... beam... disabled.." The few words he could utter through the static filled microphone.

He set the radio down on the back of his bike and activated the locator beacon placed on his bike. This immediately sent a planet wide position in the form of satellite waves, informing any and all radar systems of a small blip in the area.

He pressed his hand against his chin and awaited further contact, goggles snapped to his head- his HUD visuals scanning the beasts' movement. He had to either wait for his bike's emergency systems to activate, or for someone to come along and save his hide. But one thing was for certain, he was only minutes away from town- and the girroks had quite the head start.

[Image: fpVKYzE.png]
Quote
09-25-2013, 09:30 PM
Post: #16
RE: [Open] Girrok Rampage
“Aye, Cap. I hear ya. Lemme swing ‘round and I can bolster that tree line with some energies to make their nasty lil heads spin.” Jane watched the coordinates light up on the bike’s display and she started to angle her way over. If she could throw an eletropulse along the sides of the path, that would keep the herd moving in a strai… Boom!

Jane’s skin tingled and the hair on the back of her neck prickled a heartbeat before the electromagnetic pulse registered. Shit! Bastards stole my idea. Reflexes had her bringing up her own shield even as her mind raced around what was happening. ((shield 1d20=11))The pulse shook the ground. Jolts of power spiked and arced around the bike. She grit her teeth against the wave that pushed her own energy right back in her face. “The fuck…” Within a blink, the EMP passed on. Jane yanked her breather from her face and pushed her goggles up into her hair. She shook her head trying to clear the twitches left behind. She touched the com link and got a shriek of static in her already-ringing ear.

Jane swung over the side of the bike and planted her boots in the dirt. “No…no,no,no,no.” She knelt beside her hoverbike and started petting it. Acrid puffs of smoke drifted up from the back end and a little sizzling snap pinged off the front. “Come on, baby. Talk to me.” She cooed and stroked her hand down the iron flank of the machine, “Mama loves her sweetie. Yes, she does. Who wants to go for a ride, aye?” Her gloves came off and she started fiddling with the side panel. “Thank fuck, just a loose bit here…” Jane worked on the frayed wiring and connectors. She stood up, hand moving to the controls on the bars. “A’right darlin’. Make mama proud.” She cringed, half turning her face away and squeezing her eyes closed for the moment of truth. Her thumb hit the ignition and Baby roared back to life. “Hot damn!” Jane wrapped her arms around the machine’s controls and gave it a big hug. “Let’s get the hell outta here.”

Another crackle of static and some unintelligible words sounded over the com. Jane adjusted her gloves, pulled her breather back over nose and mouth, and flipped the goggles down. A new blip appeared on the display separate from the first. “Hey, cap, you still there? I’m pickin’ up another ping on the radar. Gonna check it out and rendezvous at the trap.” Surely the locator beacon had something to do with these crazed Girrocks and not… She stopped the thought and mentally shoved it away. Jane pulled the bike around to the right and followed the signal on the heads up display. The stranded rider wasn’t far, and as she got close enough to the scene, her heart ached for the disabled machine. Drawing up next to it, she dropped into neutral and idled alongside. She dropped her breather mask down to hang around her neck. “Pulse got you, too, aye?”
Quote
10-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Post: #17
RE: [Open] Girrok Rampage
As the Mordesh continued to lay in hiding, a small blinking light began to show upon his data-pad. Gazing down upon it, his head tilted to the side upon pressing it, opening up a message upon it.

It had seemed that someone was taking a keen interest within his scientific endeavor. "How would they know it was purely influenced and forced upon them? Beyond the primal and utter lack of any scientific intervention, it seems all they've done is weed them down and... Church, cross reference the signal this was sent from and pin point."

At a series of beeps, Corvo whipped about and stared at it. "What do you mean unknown? Do you mean to say someone is outsmarting me?" The Mordesh growled, eyes widening. Frowning, he tapped rapidly upon the keys, the signal suddenly amplifying the rage induced beasts' movements. The ground had begun to quake now as they slammed through a few of the trees without caring about the pain they had suffered.

Sighing softly, Corvo's fingers slowed, while the small probe bot floated downwards some, hovering beside him. "... Yes. Yes. I know that phase two will be a failure. That part is planned. If it were to succeed, then it wouldn't be right to bring in Subject 47. I am counting on these specimen to actually stop them by the time the town is reached. Or we will have to release them and send them back to their habitats.

"I am a scientist. To know these things is akin to know what foods sustain us most."
The Mordesh had slowly begun to ramble to himself, muttering here and there.
Quote
10-08-2013, 04:25 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2013 09:47 PM by ShadowedSin.)
Post: #18
RE: [Open] Girrok Rampage
Things were not going to remain easy. Or even keep on going it seemed. The EMP blast had ripped through their attack formation without like a hot electro-knife through butter. Everything seem to be slowly falling apart as he looked at the moving heard and then back down toward his heads up display. The HUD showed the path of the heard and how it was moving. The series of trees he had indicated and beamed to the others were still there. He had to keep things going. Cathal took a deep breath as he geared the throttle. The entire heard was rumbling farther and farther down the path way. Cathal was unsure what he could do alone as he then heard a few things pop over the comm.

Quote:"I.... beam... disabled.."

That was the man from earlier. Dammit, he was out. Where was that woman? It had been a woman right? Bloody fuckers are taking my allies out faster than I can organize 'em. We gotta do something. I gotta do something. Things were going down hill, and yet he had a bit of hope it seemed.

Quote:“Hey, cap, you still there? I’m pickin’ up another ping on the radar. Gonna check it out and rendezvous at the trap.”

"Likely the other boy helpin' us. If ye canna get 'em lass, we can still pull off the job. See ye at the rendezvous," he answered. Cathal looked out at the situation before him and pulled to the side. He pulled a pair of gloves out of his pocket. The man pulled them on quickly and used the extra grip as the machine roared to life again, "Alright Rose time ta show em." He muttered. The former mitliary man took a quick spit and pulled on his goggles as the throttled sped to life and he shot off into the woods.

The wind stream around him, and even though the world was roaring around him he could still hear the silent creak of his leather gloves. His eyes focused in as he zoomed around the trees and saw the herd as it moved toward them. Bunching them, that was the job. He held up one his guns and took aim. His goggles used an extended version of his HUD to pinpoint the weakest trees in the line up. Without hesitating he took aim as a red firey sigil and fired. Each blast streamed toward the trees and struck causing them to creak and then wobble in place (CORVO: Your call where they fall or if they block and box in the group).

Cathal's attack had him firing at tree's on both sides of the herd. To accomplish this he streamed first ahead on the right of the heard and attacked the trees opposite him. Then as his blasts rang out from his revolver he hit the brake and fell back behind the line of girroks. Whatever was going on he had a strange feeling these things were more than they already bloody appeared.

He switched guns and open fired with his automatic. A large red sigil appeared before the gun as he summoned a swath of fire to encapsulate The Dominion Technology int he weapon caused it to unleashed a quick semi-automatic blast of gunfire. The man's goggles helped him target as the blast seared toward the tree.

"TIMMBEERR!" he said aloud and hoped the damn things would fall as he fired. Each tree had been shot at an angle which would hopefully drive the trees down along the path causing the herd to box itself in; each girrok would hopefully be driven closer to each other.

"Done, see you there!" he said with his fingers cross as he holster his mag pistol.
Quote
10-09-2013, 05:39 AM
Post: #19
RE: [Open] Girrok Rampage
"Damn right it did. Just look at her." Jedidiah gestured to the immobile hoverbike and grumbled. "My baby's fried an' I don't know when the power reserves'll kick in- or if they ever will." He looked up at the woman and smiled somewhat, his teeth rather pearly while his face had been covered in dust and dirt. Although, while he was looking at her, his goggles began a quick scan of her body and vitals.

"Hm, got a plan, lass?" He peered down to her bike and frowned, having noticed that it was in noticeably better condition- possibly even a newer model.

He swung a leg over the saddle and dropped down onto the ground. He dusted off his leather duster and adjusted his belt, both of his pistols dangling in the woman's view briefly. He nodded at her and grinned, "Right. Now, ideas? I'm pretty sure that cap'n'll figure somethin' out with them Girroks, but right now we gotta' focus on gettin' me mobile. Got any spare power nodes I can slam in 'er by chance?"

[Image: fpVKYzE.png]
Quote
10-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Post: #20
RE: [Open] Girrok Rampage
Jane pushed her goggles up into her hair. She swung a leg over the side and both boots landed in the dirt to kick up a small cloud. Ignoring the rider, her attention was focused on the machine. “Whatcha runnin’ here? ThunderKingXR7?” She paced around the bike, her hand running over the frame and giving the fender a gentle pat. “Got a couple spare nodes there in the rear storage. Pop it open, and grab some.” She knelt down in the dirt to get a closer look. “Ya gotta broke lug nut here on the mount rack. She must rattle somethin’ crazy, aye?”

Jane lifted herself out of the dirt and brushed off the debris clinging to her coat. “Them power cells should be ‘nough to get ya back in the game. Better get this girl to the mech soon, though.” Her fingers caressed the throttle as she rounded the front end and headed back to her own bike. Finally Jane took the time to look at the rider, meeting him eye to eye. “Some bad shit goin’ on out there. You get back up and runnin’, join us soon as ya can. I’m headin’ for the Cap.” The power core on her hoverbike lit up and she revved the engine. Goggles and breather came back into place with a nod to the other rider. Back to business. Jane touched the controls to synchronize the display inside her goggles with the bike’s radar. “A’right, Cap. If you can hear me, I be on my way to ya.”

Jane and the hoverbike ate up the short distance with a combination of energy darts and raw mechanical power. Coming up behind the herd, she took note of the downed trees and the funneled girroks that packed closer together. Her HUD showed just how close she was to the trap for these wild beasties. “Right behind ‘em, Cap. Gonna spook ‘em a lil and keep ‘em moving.” The bike lurched forward and Jane leaned in low over the engine. The scene in front of her went blurry, she concentrated everything she had on grabbing energy from the world around, balling it up tight and flinging her own EMP of sorts at the back end of them. (1d20=19) “That should keep ‘em bunched up.” The pulse must have startled at least a few of the slower moving girrok because the back line surged forward, pushing into the ones ahead.

The bike leaned left and shot forward. She raced up the side of the herd, darting up a low rise of rock to avoid the fallen tree line. Zooming passed the lead monster, she cut her eyes to the side. The energy coming off the thing was unnerving. This was no accidental freak show of nature that was for sure. Pulling ahead, she closed in on the signal, “Gonna add a lil somethin’ to help ya, Cap.” Jane slid the bike to a halt and leaped to the ground. As she ran toward the trap, she threw her arms out in front. The air around shimmered, coalescing into pulsing ball against her open palms. With a yell, she shoved the electromagnetic pulse at the ground a few feet before the tree. (1d20=3) A cloud of dust was all she got for her efforts. “Fuckin’ ‘ell.” She snarled and fired off another, somewhat weaker pulse. (1d20=1) A curse rang out over the comm, “Damn it!”
Quote


Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Online Staff
There are no staff members currently online.

[-]
Songs

[-]
Recent Posts
NFL Draft: Jaguars outings contain been clues to...
We utilized in the d . . .BrentCelek — 07:42 PM
Panthers problems enhance: Linebacker Luke Kuech...
In accordance toward . . .BrentCelek — 07:40 PM
NFL Draft 2018 accomplishment: Raiders exchange ...
Soon the moment the . . .BrentCelek — 07:39 PM
Various Strategies for the Ravens in the directi...
The Baltimore Ravens . . .BrentCelek — 07:38 PM
Contemporary Orleans Saints Undrafted Novice Pro...
The Contemporary Orl . . .BrentCelek — 07:37 PM

[-]
Latest Threads
NFL Draft: Jaguars outings contain been clues to...
Last Post: BrentCelek
05-25-2018 07:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 63
Panthers problems enhance: Linebacker Luke Kuech...
Last Post: BrentCelek
05-25-2018 07:40 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 71
NFL Draft 2018 accomplishment: Raiders exchange ...
Last Post: BrentCelek
05-25-2018 07:39 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 79
Various Strategies for the Ravens in the directi...
Last Post: BrentCelek
05-25-2018 07:38 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 86
Contemporary Orleans Saints Undrafted Novice Pro...
Last Post: BrentCelek
05-25-2018 07:37 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 75


Contact Us | The BlackSky | WildStar Rp Community | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication