Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Meticulous Merc Application
09-12-2013, 03:08 AM
The Meticulous Merc Application
About the Player
Main Character Name / Primary Alt Name: (If you only have one character you do not have to state an alt).
Main character name: when the game launches I hope to name my character “Bron” or “Skarr”

Enjin / WildStar Central Username: (If you use neither please state what other community sites you are active one relating to WildStar)
Wildstar Central Username: The Meticulous Merc

Primary Character / Alts Joining the BlackSky:
My Main will be joining the guild (hopefully) and any other alts I make. If im accepted into the guild.

IM Contacts: (We use Skype primarily)
As of now I have a personal Skype profile. However I use that for work and school matters. I will be making a skype profile specifically for Wildstar and will hopefully be joining your skype calls through that.

What is your primary region / timezone and playtimes?
Primary Region/Time zone: Eastern Pacific (US) I live in Miami. My playtime varies at times depending on my class and work schedule during a semester (for the week days). My weekends are always free, so I can attend any guild event during the weekend no matter the time. I will try to make my weekday schedule just as vailable as I am finishing most of the credits for my major that require me to take the class at night. So by next semester my evenings should be free.

Are you eighteen or older? (Please state your age if you can.)
I am nineteen years old. However my circle of friends ranges from people who are 21 to people who are already in their late 20s early 30s. So I do have a mature personality and am very respectful towards others while still being able to have fun and get along with members who might much older than me.

Did you read and do you agree to abide by our Rules and Policy?
I did read your rules and policy and feel that it is a very acceptable and easy to understand set of rules that keep the community friendly and respectful, without discriminating against anyone.

Where did you find us and why do we stand out?
I found you on the guilds thread on Wildstar central and immediately was drawn to the amount of thought and detail associated to the roleplaying in your guild. I have joined many guilds and have found this aspect lacking in most of them.

Would you like to join our Guild Skyp Group? And or the Guild Mailing List?
Yes I would definitely love to join both. Let me know of any infor you would need from me please.

Are you a member of any additional guilds, circles, warplots etc?
As of right now I am not, and I don’t plan on joining more than one. I feel that focusing on one guild will help be build better relations within it.

What are your primary playstyles?
(Casual / Medium / Hardcore RP, PvP, Social, PvE, Raiding, Dungeons, Crafting)
My primary plastyle is Medium/hardcore ( depending on my schedule for the weekdays), RP, PVP, PVE.

About Roleplay
What is your roleplaying experience?
(We are newbie friendly, if you need help we will teach you).
I am a newbie unfortunately. Not due to lack of interest, but more because I haven’t ever been a part of such a RP guild before, however I always love making a story for all my characters and find it to really add to the experience.

What are your primary Roleplay Limits?
(Gives us an idea of what forms of Rp or themes you will not participate in.)
I am open to all forms of RP and themes and have come up with characters with many different backgrounds and stories that range from a very “PG” theme to more “R” rated material.

Are you okay with the R rated (content in our guild contains adult language, violent situations, partial nudity, narcotics) nature of our Roleplay?
Yes I am perfectly comfortable with R rated content in guild chats, RP, etc.

What do IC Consequences mean to you? Would you be willing to deal with the consequences listed in our lore? Such as humiliation? OR even being beaten within an inch of life or worse?
I am perfectly capable of dealing and accepting any form of consequence for any act committed by me deemed punishable. Especially if the punishment is lore related 

Would you be willing to take consequences if your character left the Club or Agency and warranted them?
(Could be a simple as being banned from guild IC hubs, or being openedly mocked, or worse.)
Yes I would be willing to take any consequence for my actions.

About the Character
NOTE: If you are unsure about a main character at this point, answer these questions as best you can to help us understand you a bit.
What is your character's name / race / class / path?
Hopefully my characters name will be Bron Darkstone (Granok/Warrior/Soldier)

What faction is your character joining?
(You may place alts and your main in either the Malverines or the Sovereigns, or both if the character is a spy and you speak to an officer.)
My Char will be joining the Exiles a long with any future alts as I like to keeps all my char. In one faction on the same server for any personal benefit in terms of professions.

Tell us a bit about your character's personality, include three strengths and three weaknesses.
A rugged and up and coming mercenary that has grown up from ship to ship, filled with some of the meanest and most seasoned veterans of the trade, with his mother, an infamous show girl known for her willingness to do anything to put food on the table for her son. All grown up now, He scours the galaxy searching for any job to help pay for his sick mothers medical bills. He is usually well tempered and only interested in a good pay day to spend at the local pub after a long mission, however when angered the only thing hes out for is blood!
Strengths: very cunning (compared to the other mercs), Precise and Skillful, and best track record in the galaxy when it comes to mission completion (self-proclaimed).
Weaknesses: Inexperienced in some types of missions (compared to the vets), arrogant, and sometimes hostile.

What would your characters occupation or job within their faction? Are they employed by a guild business or have their own?
My characters occupation would be a mercenary for hire willing to do any and all jobs that pay in cash!

Why would this character join or become a Prospect of either the Malverines of the Sovereigns?
Tales of your crew’s recent expedition on the newly discovered world have been the recent buzz in all of the usual merc. Hangouts and everyone wants a piece of the action. My character Along with all the other mercs are just looking to get in on whatever treasures or jobs are awaiting on the new world.
09-12-2013, 06:26 AM
RE: The Meticulous Merc Application
Hey Meticulous, just popping in to let you know that your now onto the OOC interview. The questions will be slightly slower than usual this week as internet where I'm staying is a bit hard to come by. Will be back to normal place late friday! So answer the questions as best you can, when you can!

1. What are your thoughts about conflict resolution and drama in general? In that regard what did you think of our rules?

2. We as a guild focus on building a sense of brotherhood and guild identity, and how to bring members closer together in our collective community. What are your thoughts on that?
09-12-2013, 07:22 AM
1. I think conflict resolution is important, for many reasons. It keeps the guild and game experience in general, fun and enjoyable for everyone. No one wants to be in a guild with someone whose rude, abusive, or just simply a jerk. I feel your rules are a fair and effective way to keep these kinds of people from ruining the game for the members in the guild.

2. I really like your focus on building relationships between the members of the guild. It was actually (in my opinion) one of your selling points when i was looking through all the guilds I might want too apply to before the game launched. I've had my experiences with guilds that only communicate with each other when they are trying to get an invite to a raid or group PVP event. So I am definitely looking forward to a break in this trend of guilds with no social interaction outside of raiding.
09-13-2013, 09:07 AM
. Has freedom of character types, but we ask that characters have a strong tie to the guild before earning their full membership, and also follow our Character Standards, what are your thoughts on this?

2. We asked you about R rated content, your Rp limits and consequences. Can you tell me why these are important things to ask someone?
09-13-2013, 11:14 AM
1. I believe that these two steps before earning full membership are important, because it allows you guys to get a feel of the person behind the character and how he interacts with guild mates and it also shows how well the person incorporates his character into the story and sees if that character is a good match.

2. Asking about whether or not a person is comfortable with R rated material and their RP limits allows you to get a feel of whether or not that person is right for the guild. I mean if you already have many members you know are used to encorporated R content into their roleplay, then adding someone who is bothered by that sort of thing would not only make the new recruit uncomfortable but the existing members as well. Same goes for asking their RP limits and consequences if the player isn't as comfortable as some of the other already existing members, that should be take into account to make a nice and comfortable guild experience for everybody.
09-14-2013, 03:49 PM
1. What did you think of our two factions? Do you see any problems arising from them, or any good arising from them?

2. What about the Malverine interests you the most?
09-15-2013, 03:10 AM
1. I like the idea of the two factions, it gives an interesting dynamic to the story you guys are making in your RP and it seems like it will make the game more fun if we were to say have a grudge match down the road in either a war plot or maybe just open world pvp in general.

2. What interested me the most about the malverines was how well their story line fit with the rugged mercenary character I was planing on making. I think the whole biker gang persona you guys where going for in terms of your guild story was a perfect fit.
09-15-2013, 03:39 PM
1. In our guild we do split our stories into Seasons which each then feature an event obviously named an Episode. What are your thoughts about having Episodic content organized into ongoing story arcs?

2. With that in mind, what do you think about our core story elements such as the Grey Line, Adult RP and how it will affect our stories?
09-15-2013, 03:59 PM
1. I think its a good thing you guys divide your story into sections. It makes it easier to differentiate when one adventure ends and another begins. Also, It makes it feel like we're slowly adding pieces to an epic tale of debautury, mayhem and all out chaos.

2.I feel like it gives our story depth and character. It makes the story seem a little more realistic, because not everything in life is pg rated Smile
09-17-2013, 04:30 AM
1. What did you think of the united unbiased history?

2. What were your thoughts on the Malverines Lore and the themes that we present for them?