Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[Open] Time to Work
10-13-2013, 03:27 PM
Post: #11
RE: [Open] Time to Work
Now he had to get some more info on the redhead. She was a good fighter, and she was an interesting lass. Cathal held the cigarette he had lit up earlier in his right hand and then tapped off some ash from it. The damn thing was a waste o fhis time and at this point he was starting to think he might switch to a hooka or one of those vapor jobs. However, there was something nice about fresh tabacco, especially when it was contraband stolen from Cassus.

"Hmmmm, if ye wanna help Zakk ye canna." He replied. His accent seeming a bit thicker than before. Then again there was smoke and ash coming out of his mouth at this point. Cathal then looked over at Zakk and took in a nice drag from his cig.

"Zakk here is a prospect fer my little venture," he said and pulled out a card as he leaned over and handed it to the girl. "I run a Hovercycle Club, for enthusiasts ye might say."
Quote
10-13-2013, 11:14 PM
Post: #12
RE: [Open] Time to Work
Jane took the card and glanced over it. Cleaver, it told her a lot about the club without telling anything specific. She flipped it over to find the club’s insignia. Interesting. She’d inspect it later. For the moment, the card disappeared into her pocket. As the card vanished, she lifted her gaze to find the lone contractor extending his hand her way. “Jane.” Her hand gripped his hard and pumped it up and down a time or two before she let go.

She addressed her question to the pair of them, “You get raiders all the way out here, do ya?” Her eyes scanned the area. “I guess it’s a nice piece o’ property when it ain’t tore up.” Walking around to the back of her hoverbike, she flipped open one of the sidesaddles and started moving things around until she found what she needed. Heading back to Zakk and the Cap, she tucked a box under one arm and slung her tool belt over her shoulder with the other. “You’ll gimme room and board for the next week. Other payment we can work out after the job is done.” She slid passed them and made for the building, “Electricals and AC are ‘round back, aye?” She didn’t wait for a reply, she could practically smell the sweet tang of energy drifting in the air.
Quote
10-14-2013, 12:26 AM
Post: #13
RE: [Open] Time to Work
"So Jane was her name," Zakk thought, "Good handshake, should be a good addition to the job." After releasing his hand, Cathal handed Jane a card for his hoverbiker club...group...thing, and apparently Zakk was apart of it now. Leaning in toward Cathal, Zakk spoke in a low whisper, "I mainly just ride Betty where ever I need to go, but I can build a hoverbike in a couple days if i'm gonna need something with a little more speed."

“You get raiders all the way out here, do ya?” Jane's question brought his attention back to the conversation. Simply shrugging, Zakk brushed one of his dreadlocks off of his shoulder, "I have no idea, when I got here the place was already busted up pretty bad...after all this work is done the saloon wont be as easy to jack up." Jane walked back to her hoverbike and grabbed some tools. She asked a question about the A/C unit, but before Zakk got a chance to respond, she was off toward the back of the saloon. Looking back at Cathal, Zakk shot him a wink, "She looks like a good addition to the work crew, find some more like her, and we'll have this place up to snuff in no time."

[Image: BSM-Test_zpsf11a4753.png]
A member of the BlackSky Community
Quote
10-14-2013, 07:23 PM
Post: #14
RE: [Open] Time to Work
It was decided, he was going to get one of those little annoying electic jobs. The fact that he made that decision after watching the girl read about his card was a strange fact alone. During that time he had nearly burnt himself once or twice as he discovered his favored brand (which was made from contraband Dominion Tobacco). The stupid piece of shit had a broken while he was smoking it. After stamping it out angrily on the ground he had looked up to get the name of the girl. 'Jane', worth it.

That was his mindset. When shit goes wrong, and a nice lass gives you a name no matter who she is, its worth it. Luck be the lass. He then watched very quietly the interplay that was happening between the lass and the lad. Interesting. Now, he glanced over at the ruins and chuckled, "Raiders. Nah, we just hav this little thing called the Sovereigns. If ye hav' evar heard o' the Talyn family or anytin about the BrightStar. Their a holy lot of scary mothas that just love to kill Exiles.

I stole from them, a bunch of nice little bits they were guardin, what Zakk is fixin was what they did in return."
Quote
10-14-2013, 10:04 PM
Post: #15
RE: [Open] Time to Work
“Rivals, aye?” She knelt beside the three large cooling units attached to the side of the building. The tool kit landed in the dirt beside her boot and she set the small box on top of the first unit. “So by the sounds of it, your lil club is in the redistribution business.” A blue glow started in the center of the box and grew brighter, a display screen lighting up on top. “I think I may have heard of them before. They got ties to that Dominion fortress down ‘round in the south?”

A holographic image appeared and floated above the diagnostic kit, a three dimensional rendering of the inner workings of the AC. “You’re gonna need to expand the compressor to handle the load here.” She studied the machine’s internal design, “Evaporator coil.” The display instantly changed as commanded. “Looks healthy. I think she’ll hold for awhile longer.” From her tool kit she removed a series of boxes, laying them out in the dirt in a half circle around her feet. “I’ll send the boys in to get started on it.” Jane flipped open each box to reveal the robotic assistive technology, or her r.a.t.s as she liked to call them. In unison, the five r.a.t.s. flickered to life and floated up from their cases to hover around Jane’s head. “Modify compressor, expand internal volume by 12.4 cubics. Increase pressure to 35 and a half per square unit.” Each of the r.a.t.s bobbed in the air then flew in formation to the AC unit and disappeared into the fan vents.

Jane left her boys to work and walked back over to others. “That why you’re intent on making the place a safe house, huh. Just be careful with how much armor you put up. You might be keeping ‘em out, but you’re also keeping your people in. Don’t want to be handing them Sovereigns a trap already made.” She tilted her head towards structure, “You got escape tunnels built in yet?”
Quote
10-15-2013, 02:49 AM
Post: #16
RE: [Open] Time to Work
Zakk watched as Jane let her drones loose into the a/c unit to do their work. "Here I was thinking I was gonna have to squeeze my ass in those vents." He chuckled to himself, Zakk had a bit of training with drones and electric systems, but given the choice, he would rather have tech fix tech. Looking back at the saloon, Zakk started to tap away on his tablet again, the rumble in the ground telling him that Betty was on her way back with enough lumber to finish the inside of the saloon. "The ground under the place is soft enough to excavate some good tunnels, I haven't run it by the boss yet, but a area survey would be needed so I know where the exit would be. There might be sheet rock or older tunnels that would get in the way"

Zakk cut his response short as Betty finally reaching the front of the saloon. Cutting the thick trees into beams and planks as it moved, the quad came to a lumbering stop just short of the saloon's double doors. Looking at Jane, Zakk pulled up Betty's controls and then looked at Cathal, "It's up to you boss, If you have any scouts that could check that out I can start getting the tunnels dug. But Jane is right, without the tunnels for a quick exit, i'm pretty much just making you a giant safe."

[Image: BSM-Test_zpsf11a4753.png]
A member of the BlackSky Community
Quote
10-15-2013, 07:41 PM
Post: #17
RE: [Open] Time to Work
"You coulda call 'em the rivals eh," he responded. She was talking with Zakk to so Cathal did his best to make sure that he did not get too pushy about the conversation. His interest in this was a bit complex as he was not only trying to get a feeling for who Zakk was, but also who the lass was. The very situation before him could be a problem. The charter, the club, was down in members. To survive they needed brothers and sisters to help bring in better jobs and man the saloon.

"Me family has captained a ship, called tha Blacksky, fer years." He replied as he listened to Zakk. "IF ye wanna hire her on, I dun mind prospect. The mar ye show how well ye do, the quicker ye earn yer rockers." He replied.

Zakk knew what it meant to be a brother. Would this Jane care? Or would she be like the others who had decided this was not the life for them? Cathal was at the point that he could not afford to lose more to that question. They both began to banter about the A/C as he sat back and just tuned them out. He was a captain, not an engineer. The only 'engineering' he did was working on his bike.

"Good point there eh, lass, Zakk. We need ta include a good system of getaways. Sometin that the Dommies can't exploit, but we canna use to get away if we hafta."

"Oim thinkin bout sometin like a few tunnels with collapse traps in case we have ta drop the place. Alsa a bunker beneath in case we hafta deal wit another siege." Cathal said as he began to rattle off some ideas. That's when he realized they had beaten him to the idea about the tunnels.

"Could we get a hidden air-launch pad round here or sometin. Maybe a sort o' hidden garrage we could stow the bikes in battle. Or for long term storage eh, to prevent them Dommies from taken our babies."
Quote
10-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Post: #18
RE: [Open] Time to Work
Jane monitored the r.a.t.s progress on the holographic display. “Adjust central coil by seven degrees. Boost power to the aft fan by fifteen percent.” Satisfied with the changes, she went back to the discussion. “Just how prepared do you wanna be? We talkin’ some random fly-by attacks or do ya think they’d wage a siege against ya?”

She pivoted in place to scan the larger area around the encampment. “I’d say ya got some good plans here to fortify the place and get yer people out if it got bad. Question is, once they’re out, where do they go.” She scratched under her chin as she pondered on it more, “If it was me, I’d have an emergency go-to location somewhere in bike or flight distance, maybe a half day’s walk if someone was stuck on foot.” Pointing to the south, she drew their attention to a low rise of hills in the distance, “Like way over yonder. Keep it simple. Some hoverbikes or a small craft. Medical supplies. Field rations. Ammo and artillery. Enough you and your folks could bunk down and hold out a few days.” She looked between Cathal and Zakk, “Assuming it could get that bad. Otherwise, whatcha got goin’ here would be enough to withstand some trigger-happy raiders armed with basic weaps.”

Jane stopped to push the red mop of hair out of her eyes before she added, "Ya know, if ya wanna talk about some long term work, I'd be willing to listen. I ain't got any particular place to be anytime soon." She looked over the structures and then gave the two two brothers an appraising once over. "I could stay a spell and help you out."
Quote
10-15-2013, 11:59 PM
Post: #19
RE: [Open] Time to Work
At the mention of an expansion for a sort of bunker/garage area, Zakk walked around the back of the saloon. Making a few swiping motions on his tablet, a medium sized drone lifted off from the back of Betty. Covered in excavation tools and scanners, the drone began to dig into the ground, sending survey results to his tablet. Walking back to the pair, Zakk unzipped his coveralls and tied the sleeves to his waist, Jane was pitching her staying on long term to the boss. "Hmm, guess I gotta get used to calling him boss now." Zakk thought to himself. Cathal was an interesting man, straight to the point and he looked like he was always appraising a situation before he spoke. Looking at Jane, Zakk wasn't completely sure abut her yet, she seemed like a good worker, but there was something about her that he couldn't quite put his finger on. Zakk shrugged to himself, "Bah, it will come to me later."

Listening to Jane finishing up her pitch, Zakk pulled 3 protein packs out of his cargo pockets, offering the other two to the pair, popping the cap on his and squeezing a large dollop into his mouth. "I got one of my construction drones digging into the ground in the back," Looking at his tablet once again, detailed ground analysis beginning to show up on the screen, "It looks like the ground is clear for about 50 yards before you start seeing a lot of rocks and ore." Looking at Jane, Zakk smiled and turned toward Cathal, "I think she will be a good addition to the job boss, Cant have people working for free now can we?" Giving Jane a sturdy pat on the shoulder, Zakk nodded towards Betty, "I've got some demo charges in the rear compartment, If you want to get those wired up, we can get them installed in the tunnels once I get more drones underground to get the tunnels dug."

[Image: BSM-Test_zpsf11a4753.png]
A member of the BlackSky Community
Quote
10-16-2013, 07:03 PM
Post: #20
RE: [Open] Time to Work
So the idea was not a bad idea? That was not surprising. He glanced about for a moment and took in again what he was seeing. That is what Cathal did a lot of the time, quietly observe and see what was about him. To assess what was going on and then make the right decision to keep everyone around, and at the end of the day alive. That was his purpose as the Captain before and now as the Boss of the BlackSky. The malverines were hist family and this fact alone made him specifically protective of those he kept as family.

He then turned to answer the first question from Jane, "Me family has feuded wit' the Sovereigns since Brightland's Rebellion. Got worse cuz one of my great-great ancestors kilt them. Sa whenever they see me, or one of me crew they get all shooty. Didna help that we humilitated em wit that train job a few weeks back. Their leader be Samuel Delmonte, a genocidal maniac who assisted in the Ravaging of Arboria."

"A bug out locale would be good aye," he then looked over at Zakk who was telling him about placing the charges., "Good, we canna hide em and stick em to a switch connected to Reggie."

"Aye, ye gotta me boss, cuz I be the boss. I captained before dis eh, now I run the Malverines. Sa if ye wanna lass we wouldn't mind takin on another prospect."
Quote


Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Online Staff
There are no staff members currently online.

[-]
Songs

[-]
Recent Posts
Carlos Boozer is headed to the Lakers crowded fr...
Carlos Boozer is hea . . .jokergreen0220 — 01:33 PM
FIVE QUICK NBA THOUGHTS 1. [url=http://www.cheap...
FIVE QUICK NBA THOUG . . .jokergreen0220 — 01:30 PM
ST. [url=http://www.authenticducksshopnhl.com/sc...
ST. Scott Niedermaye . . .jokergreen0220 — 01:28 PM
MANCHESTER, England - Italy and the Netherlands ...
MANCHESTER, England . . .jokergreen0220 — 01:26 PM
PHILADELPHIA -- Pitcher Roberto Hernandez and th...
PHILADELPHIA -- Pitc . . .jokergreen0220 — 01:24 PM

[-]
Latest Threads
Carlos Boozer is headed to the Lakers crowded fr...
Last Post: jokergreen0220
09-12-2018 01:33 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 53
FIVE QUICK NBA THOUGHTS 1. [url=http://www.cheap...
Last Post: jokergreen0220
09-12-2018 01:30 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 67
ST. [url=http://www.authenticducksshopnhl.com/sc...
Last Post: jokergreen0220
09-12-2018 01:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 59
MANCHESTER, England - Italy and the Netherlands ...
Last Post: jokergreen0220
09-12-2018 01:26 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 72
PHILADELPHIA -- Pitcher Roberto Hernandez and th...
Last Post: jokergreen0220
09-12-2018 01:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 70


Contact Us | The BlackSky | WildStar Rp Community | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication