Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Open] Time to Work
10-28-2013, 07:10 AM
RE: [Open] Time to Work
Zakk raised his eyebrows slightly, Jane's excitement over getting a medbay to possibly play around in caused him to chuckle. "Medbays aren't my specialty, but you give me the specs for it, and i'll have it built for ya." While Jane was not so subtlety asking if the boss was looking for a medic to bring in, Zakk took a long draw from a protein pack and looked around the saloon. The place was in great shape, besides some slight scorching on the roof, you could barely tell the place was a warzone recently. Looking back over his tablet, Zakk flipped it around to show the boss, "The tunnels are dug and ready to be fortified, they go about 50 yards out s I guess that's where the bike storage will go."

"Hmm," Zakk thought to himself, "Now is a good time as any to ask I suppose..." Scratching his head, Zakk slid the image of the saloon blueprint over on the tablet until it came to an empty spot on the back of the property. "Boss would it be ok with you if I set up a workshop around the back? I would be using my own materials of course, but it would be nice to set some roots down...sleeping on Betty loses it's charm after awhile." Looking back at Jane as she released her rats into the kitchen, Zakk nodded, "Good to know, I just wanted to make sure everything in the kitchen for when Carna gets back...don't want her gettin steamed at me."

[Image: BSM-Test_zpsf11a4753.png]
A member of the BlackSky Community
10-29-2013, 05:33 AM
Jane's reaction to his statement about the medic was a bit interesting. He inhaled a bit from his cigarette and tapped a bit of it off into the sink. Then he ran through the various staff he had hired over the past few months and replied, "We have a medic an' a scientist aye. We could use a med an' a science bay actually."

That idea alone was leading him to realize that the new Saloon would need to be much more than the previous incarnation. That little revelation caused him to sit up as he looked around and took in all the work they had been doing. This was the start, this was the new saloon, but this was 'not' the -club house-. Cathal began to mentally design and put together what he wanted, and this time he would have what he wanted.

"Seems ta me is that we need sometin a bit more than a simple saloon. We need o' sometin that be more fittin' fer our lil' club eh?" he said in his usual drawl.

"Sure ye canna do a work shop Zakky-boy, I dun mind." He replied simply.
10-29-2013, 09:10 PM
“Aye, a medbay and research center ain’t a bad idea. Lot o’ profit in finding new uses for the unique materials here on Nexus.” Jane pulled small tablet from her pocket and set it on the kitchen counter. The screen hummed with a swipe of her finger over the controls, a hologram of a blank room lit up. “If you ask me,” She started to draw with her finger, rearranging the shape of the room into two loops like an infinity symbol, “you’ll need one section for medicine and one of experimenting. Your staff’ll need to get to both fast.” Jane pointed to the place where the two circles connected. “You put a check point here in the middle that can double as a containment area, and shield on either side so as you could lock down one or the other if something…uh…” she stopped to look up at the two men, “If something went awry.”

“Enlarge twenty percent.” The hologram expanded and she started adding to the image. “Observation room, surgery suit, recovery, a couple o’ stations for staff if ya got ‘em. That’ll take care of the medbay.” She spun the hologram around to the other circle, “Chem lab, bio lab, temperature controlled storage for both, emergency shutdown and decontamination showers, conference and lecture room over here.” All of her attention was absorbed by the hologram and the planning, “Might need a space big enough to house large specimens.” She looked over to Zakk, “You mind sharing some o’ that work space of yours if we needed to borrow a bay for something big?”
11-04-2013, 10:31 AM
Zakk listened to Jane as she pitched her ideas for the prospective medical facilities, the boss was right, this place was turning into a makeshift fortress, and some space needed to be made for the club. Looking over her designs, Zakk scratched the back of his head, "Looks like your dream lab hmm Jane? Medical business and research isn't my strong suit but I can build that no problem, the wiring and setting up of the equipment will be up to you of course..." Looking back up at the both of them, Zakk shot a small smile, "I'll set you up a holding cell large enough to keep whatever large think you are thinking of."

Looking back over the saloon, Zakk pounded his fist on the bar, "It wouldn't be any trouble moving the bar back a bit to open the saloon up and give it some more space, even with all the additions you won't have a problem holding church in here boss." Zakk made a few adjustments on his tablet, luckily he wouldn't have to make too many changes to air out the saloon, "Thank god," Zakk thought to himself, "After all this work I don't want to have to rip out the walls again..."

[Image: BSM-Test_zpsf11a4753.png]
A member of the BlackSky Community
11-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Jane was smart, and he would remember that. For a moment he ran the idea extensively through his head as he considered how to rework the idea for the saloon in general. It seemed they would need an expanded complex, to give not only a means for testing, but also a means of defense. A full med-bay, an arsenal were put into his little mental plan as he began to consider who he would hire or ask to draft the actual blueprints for the design they had somehow hashed out over the past few minutes.

"Seems we're buildin' a full compound here an' not just a saloon anymar," he replied simply. His eyes looked around the place again as he started mentally re-arranging things in the kitchen alone.

"Might be a good idear ta build the bigger complex away fram the general saloon eh? I did have plans ta build us a much larger clubhouse a while back. It was called the Den, I can get a draft of it done soon," he replied.

"I do think our little scientist crowd will love this lab you two are discussing. I wouldn't mind sellin weapons and tech to others to kill dommies too if we canna produce it."
11-08-2013, 12:46 AM
Jane looked up from the hologram, her eyes wide and wild with the prospect of a new lab. But, as she caught sight of the others, she remembered she was not alone. Quickly, she deactivated the hologram, folded up the tablet and shoved it back into her pocket. She coughed once and attempted a nonchalant lean against the kitchen counter.

"Yeah, ya know, money is money, right? Whatever you think'll bring in the profits." She looked down at her boot and bent to start picking off a piece of dirt. What had she been thinking? Jumping in like that, as if she really needed a lab anymore. She righted herself, her expression once again calm and cool, detached. "So, I'll give you fellas a few days to figure out plans. Meantime me and the rats'll work on the energy system here in the kitchen."