Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Closed] The Confrontation
12-01-2013, 04:34 AM
RE: [Open] The Confrontation
Carna catches the flip switch and nods and places it behind the counter of the bar when she is at the bar. "Yeah sure." She says to Zakk dully.

She pours herself a single on rocks and begins drinking it, a few gulps at first then places it on a coaster under the bar near the stool she usually sits on. Then turns to Zet but Jane has come back in and told him where the bathroom is, so instead makes the drink for Jane quickly and places it in front of her, "By the Weave that was ruddy ridiculous." SHe murmurs to Jane and moves behind the bar pulling her psyblade off her back and putting it in it's usual spot on the bar hidden away but easily accessible for her.

She looks at Zakk too as Jane had asked him a question.
12-01-2013, 05:05 AM
Walking back into the saloon, Zakk took Zet's sword and placed it in one of the larger lock boxes next to his tools, moving to take his gun belt off, Zakk looked in Zet's direction as he moved to a changing area and thought better of it. Walking over to the bar, Zakk unzipped his coveralls half way and tied them behind his waist, everyone looked tense, a spontaneous fight tends to do that to people. Reaching over the bar, Zakk grabbed a glass and poured a dark black liquid from his flask into it, looking over in Jane's direction, Zakk shot her a wink, "It's all good over here red, I got to shoot some rounds, cause a few explosions...good day!"

Taking a long gulp from his glass, Zakk looked at Carna, "How are we gonna play this? Some random Mordesh skipping through the woods in Sov gear with a tech with him?" Putting his glass down on the bar, Zakk refilled the glass while he tapped on his temple, "I haven't met one of his group yet that was solid between the ears...so I think i'm gonna keep my guns on me until we get this all worked out."

As Zakk looked at the scientist, he sat up slightly, his eyes darting from Zakk to his Mag Pistols. Patting him on the back Zakk smiled, "Don't you worry friend, once Red over there gets done going over your data we can workout if you are gonna need a bigger icepack."

[Image: BSM-Test_zpsf11a4753.png]
A member of the BlackSky Community
12-01-2013, 06:08 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 06:13 AM by lokie.)
Zet frowned as he looked at himself in the cracked mirror he found still hanging on the wall. He took off his chest plate, revealing a black sleeveless shirt. He took off his gauntlets and shoulder pads revealing a chamber for his vitalus fluids on his right shoulder. While he also had a chamber where his stomach was, he tended to cover it u p with a shirt

Looking down at his arm cannon he realized that it was beyond his ability to repair. He unhooked it from under his arm revealing another chamber filled with more fluid. He tossed it down on the other armor he had stacked on the ground.

Slipping the greaves off of himself he sat in his black pants. Staring at his reflection the looked over himself, covered in dirt. He grabbed a towel and dampened it the began to wipe himself off. He looked himself In the mirror nodding at his half attempt at cleaning himself.

He walked back out seeing everyone with a drink. He sat down on a stool waiting to see what would happen next.

(( sorry added another vitalus chamber))
12-01-2013, 09:49 PM
Jane gulped down her drink and waved for another. While she waited, she flexed her fingers. The swelling was going down but her knuckles were red and purple. "Not sure what I can tell ya about that data." Her drink arrived and she nodded a thank you before gulping that one down, too. "That fancy little scanbot cracked a chip or two during its introduction to a harder surface. I might be able to pull something from it but...," she shrugged. "I can tell you this, it was custom made, nothing you'd pick up from a barter town or black market." The bar stool under Jane gave a slight creak as she pivoted to look at the scientist. "Which makes me think we got more questions for the quiet one than for the one with the sword show."
12-02-2013, 10:19 AM
Carna raps her fingers on the bartop listening to Zakk and Jane. Carna looks at the scientist, "We play it cool," She responds to Zakk, "The situations calmed down, we should keep it calm." It is then Zet returns after taking off the DOminion armour pieces. Thank the Weave. If Cathal or someone were to talk in that calm would be gone seeing a Dominion uniform at the bar. Not only that probably raise questions about her own sanity and that of Zakk and Jane.

"And if you have questions for the man, Jane, ask them." Carna says simply, her brow furrowing a bit. She closes her eyes a moment and turns to set. She opens them and looks right into the Mordesh's eyes and walks to stand in front of him on her side of the bar. Her stare is rather intense, and her lips and tight and slightly pursed. "What's your poison, Mordesh?" She asks.

She watches him carefully, canting her head to the side waiting for his drink response.
12-03-2013, 01:14 AM
Zets cold gray eyes looked back into the aurins. "You know, I don't think I ever caught your name. And I'll have whatever you can create back there." He pulled out a small pouch of coins, it was his before half that he used some of to buy some supplies with before he and the scientist had left. Now seeing as the scanbot was destroyed he didn't think he'd be getting the other half.

"So, Jane, I think. I'll give you some background on the contract. I picked up a contract stating they wanted a highered body guard who would ask no questions for a sizeable reward. I thought it odd, but money is money when you're a freelancer. I took it and found out that the scientist was doing research on local plants for his studies..." He stopped wondering why they would send such an expensive piece of equipment with the scientist just for plants. He had never really thought about it before.

"Why do you have such an expensive piece of equipment for just scanning plants?" He asked the scientist.

The scientist fidgeted for a moment before turning back to Zet, " Due to the nature of our contract, I'm not going to indulge you with that information. I think I'm ready to leave and get back to my suppliers."

Zet sighed, his drink had only just arrived. Well, he couldn't leave anyway, he had no gear. He looked at the scientist and shrugged.

"Not much I can do there, they have my equipment. And I can't leave without my sword." He took a small sip of his drink, he planned on babying it just in case.
12-12-2013, 06:12 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2013 07:27 AM by zbug84.)
Zakk listened to Zet as he told his story to Carna. Slowly sipping his drink, Zakk tossed a glance over to the scientist, who was being oddly stubborn when Zet was asking him questions, you would think that being in a room with people eager to shovel you off the mortal coil would tend to make you more talkative. "Due to the nature of our contract, I'm not going to indulge you with that information. I think I'm ready to leave and get back to my suppliers.""Hmm," Zakk thought to himself "Looks like the tech has grown a spine." Putting his glass down, Zakk shot a quick smile at the Aurin, "Carnatia I agree with red over there, it looks like the scientist is our real mystery here."

Standing up with an almost relaxed look on his face, Zakk strode over to the scientist and placed his hand on the scientist's shoulder. "So pal I guess you are taking away the easy option here." As he spoke, ZakK un-holstered one of his Mag Pistols and held it at is side. As he continued speaking, Zakk scratched his head with the butt of his pistol. "I don't feel like getting a mess all over the place,so I guess i'll give you a choice, you could answer our questions...and i don't think that's a unreasonable request, or I could just drag you out back and put a round in your head. Your choice."

12-12-2013, 09:30 AM
"Yes, outside is best, please. If it comes to that," She looks to Zet, "I hate cleaning blood off the floors." Carna says, smirking lightly. She watches the Mordesh as he sips his drink, "Zakk question the scientist as you wish, Jane help if he needs it. I'll focus on Zet here a little more. I'll be right here if you need me." She looks to Zakk and Jane and smiles.

Turning her attention back to Zet, he smile leaves her face, "Let's get one thing straight. I have nothing against Mordesh. You guys don't even creep me out like you think you do," She begins, "I have helped other Mordesh out from time to time. As many Aurin have. I would argue that the Aurin are more accepting of the Mordesh, but that isn't the topic of discussion. No. The topic is you, and your scientist friend. Zakk and Jane can handle the scientist. So it is just me and you." Carna sits on her stool behind the bar, crossing her legs and placing her hand on her knee. Her fluffy yellow tail swings idly back and forth, the tip of it sweeping the ground ever so slightly. "So did you just sign some contract with the guy without reading it or something? Going head first into something without thi-" Carna pauses, "Well you did attack us head on, probably didn't think too hard about that either."

One would see on her coat, a light brown leather, she wore a few patches stitched on. There was a Malverine looking patch stitched onto the right sleeve, and on the front there would be other patches. The most prominent read "Officer" with "Treasurer" right underneath it on the right hand side of coats zipper. Other patches were "Scout" and "Quickfoot". She wore a bright yellow top under the coat and had black pants on with black knee high boots on.

She looks at Zet, "Tell me about you, and why you think I should return you weapon to you after threatening me and my friends. I'd also, I'd like a better explanation as to why wearing Dominion armour would be a good thing in Exile territory." Carna posture doesn't change except for now she kicked her crossed leg slightly. She just stares with a level gaze at Zet sitting at the bar.
12-12-2013, 10:49 AM
Zet took another sip of his drink while listening to Carna, "Let's get one thing straight. I have nothing against Mordesh. You guys don't even creep me out like you think you do, I have helped other Mordesh out from time to time. As many Aurin have. I would argue that the Aurin are more accepting of the Mordesh, but that isn't the topic of discussion. No. The topic is you, and your scientist friend. Zakk and Jane can handle the scientist. So it is just me and you."

Zet stared back at Carna lost within his own inner turmoil "SHE'S LYING!!! No one likes us. Everyone despises us for our brilliance, everyone is jealous because we are so superior to them intellectually," his inner voice sighed," We can't trust them."

He ignored this comment as Carna began speaking again, "So did you just sign some contract with the guy without reading it or something? Going head first into something without thi-" She paused, "Well you did attack us head on, probably didn't think too hard about that either."

Zet gave an awkward sigh at hearing this. The thought process that went into that fight had been minimal, not because he hadn't wanted to think it out. But because sometimes he just couldn't control it.

"And for this they wont accept us, they never will. How can they trust you when you cant control yourself?" His inner voice had a good point. How could he trust himself.

Zet looked down at his drink as Carna asked her final questions. How could he answer them? There really was no real reason as to why he hadn't thought about wearing the dominion armor coming back into the Exile land.

He looked back up, taking another drink. "I read the contract. I read everything that I put my name to. I needed the money, who's going to say no to the amount of money they offered me. And to not ask questions, hell that made it that much easier. A few weeks out with the guy and I collect ten thousand gold. Hell, you can't tell me you wouldn't take it." he looked down at his drink and swirled it around a bit.

"As for the armor, well, that was a bad judgement call. The Dominion normally have some top of the line gear, even the scouts. So they were QUITE an upgrade from the ragtag armor that I was wearing. I guess after wearing them for so long without much interaction with others it kinda just slipped my mind that I was wearing it."

Zet sat for a few more seconds thinking about the knife he had pulled from the armor while he was in the changing room. Thinking about her last question about his weapon. "She's right there, you could slash her with just a flick of your wrist. With the other two going outside they wouldn't notice until they came back inside. By then we could be long gone."

Zet put his hands down in his lap feeling the knife in his belt. He slipped it from its sheath and held it in his hands while looking up at Carna, his eyes had never faltered from her. He quirked his mouth to the side and laid the knife down in between them.

"No, this time we do it my way." He thought to his other half. Then continuing out loud he said," I wouldn't give it back until you can trust me. Or i can trust myself..." He finished so low he could barely hear himself. Not realizing that it was still possible that Carna could hear him.
12-17-2013, 02:32 AM
Zakk grabbed the scientist by the back of his shirt, Carna was talking to Zet and she could handle herself. Zakk saw the Mordesh place a knife between them and raised and eyebrow, "Uh, you need anything Carna, you give me a holler alright? Me and the Egghead are gonna have a little chat." Turning his attention back to the scientist, Zakk shot him a smile and a wink. "Alright pal, lets go have a talk...somewhere a little more private." The scientist whimpered at first, Zakk dragging him farther and farther from his bodyguard into the back of the saloon. When they reached back of the building Zakk led the scientist into an unfinished room, one of the upgrades that hadn't been finished yet.

Closing the door behind them Zakk turned to face the scientist and took one of his Mag Pistols out of his holster As he spoke in his direction he squeezed his other hand, popping the joints in his knuckles, "So I guess we'll start simple, who do you work for?" Zakk punctuated the end of his sentence by punching the scientist in the face, his blow landing with a loud, wet thud that could be heard all through the saloon.