Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Open RP] Fixing the Boombox
12-12-2013, 04:36 PM
RE: [Open RP] Fixing the Boombox
Vampa winced slightly at the surprisingly firm handshake, but shook her hand nonetheless.

"Not sure what was in the bombs, actually. Just got 'em given to me by my employer... who I will have some stern words with when I see him again," he said, grumbling. "Shoulda got paid up front, Vampa, always get paid up front."

He watches her begin to scale up the rock face, tilting his head. After watching for a little while, he hops up, and a moment later, bursts back into reality is a dazzling puff of orange glow above her. He sits on the edge of the rock face, legs dangling down, and peers down at her.

"What's so special 'bout this particular Loftite, exactly?"
12-13-2013, 03:00 AM
"Th-They float bettah'. O-Or somethin' like th-that. A-Ain't really sure s-so they sent me to f-find out on ac-account my employah' is af-afraid of heights." Ursula would sigh, pushing off the cliff she' fail to climb while looking up at Vampa. What she would give to have that kind of skill right now.

"Y-Ya' mind helpin' out? I-I ain't seein' a single o-once of pa-payment if I don't get th-that bot back."
12-13-2013, 08:49 AM
Vampa chuckles, and nods.

"Alright, I s'pose it's the least I can do," he says, and opens up one side of his coat. He produces from it a handle with a small generator inside. He takes a hold of the front end of it, and starts to pull, which extends a length of glowing rope, which he begins feeding down to Ursula. Once at her level, he would tie his end of the rope around a piece of Loftite protruding from the rock nearby.
12-13-2013, 12:39 PM
Clara was eating a sandwich, sitting on a outcropping of rocks in a distant mountain range, "Thirty five high value assets claimed, best scout in my division, and i'm put on babysitting duty for some piss-ant raiders..." Clara's artillery bot whirred and clicked, knocking over Clara's thermos. Looking at the bot with a disappointing look on her face, Clara moved a strand of her dark hair off her face. A cloud of dust began to head towards the raiders camp, no doubt returning from whatever raiders tend to raid on this rock. Touching the comm on her ear, Clara call up her company leader, "Sir the raiders are back, commencing target acquisition and termination..."

Looking down the scope of her rifle, Clara scanned the scene, the raiders, An Cassian falling down a cliff...wait an Cassian? Clara went into a flurry of movement, flashing a laser signal in her direction to attempt to find out what unit she was from. Zooming in tighter on her scope, Clara spotted the Mordesh, "Damn exiles...Bot, begin artillery solution, guide on my scope." The bot gave a mechanical acknowledgement, aiming turrets and moving into position. As Clara took aim at the Exiles, a bright flare, one of the brightest she had ever seen went off in the sky. Chuckling to herself, Clara began to slowly squeeze the trigger...then the blast happened.

"Holy shit!" the rumble almost knocking her off her ledge, Clara rolled around trying to avoid the falling rocks around her, waiting until the dust cleared, Clara took another look at the area. The raiders were gone, their camp nothing more than a smoldering crater. "Impressive light show," Clara thought to herself as she touched her comms again "Uh Sir, the targets have been dealt with..." Pushing her glasses up her nose a bit, Clara turned her scope toward the Exiles again, it appeared that the Mordesh was helping the woman up the cliff face. Squaring her sights on the woman, "No loose ends." Clara sighed to herself as she squeezed the trigger.

[Image: BSM-Test_zpsf11a4753.png]
A member of the BlackSky Community
12-13-2013, 03:34 PM
A very small humming in his mental cavity had alerted the tall Mordesh to some form of situation happening in the immediate area. "I see... I will have to make this rather quick, otherwise a signal to the Zero unit will be needed. I would so hate to waste a life needlessly." He spoke to himself primarily and in a low tone, but as his head nodded a few times, it was apparent someone was listening to him.

Something had phased a tad bit among the highest floating slab of rock, causing Corvo to bring his arm up and gazed down at the forearm scanner he was equipped with. Scowling, the levels altered a bit before stabilizing, rendering him undetectable once more. "I suppose stopping by the lab at some point would be most prudent. This equipment needs to be updated.." Raising a hand to touch the back of his neck, the Mordesh rose to stand fully. Looking down beneath him, his right hand was lifted and placed against the side of his eyes. An optical zoom of sorts triggered, allowing him to pinpoint the location of the two Exiles that were now together.

"Shame that she didn't make it up to this rock... I would've enjoyed seeing the reaction upon her face." He mused emotionlessly. Suddenly something had sent his radar off the scale, notifying him of a rather over the top artillery strike on the raiders below. Talk about removing the problem from the equation. Dusting himself off, one deep breath was taken. "Church, begin calculations for velocity and drop acceleration to reach them." Nodding once, Corvo had took off, jumping from the large rock and over it.

Just barely two feet from clearing the immediate space of his former location, a mine clicked, becoming active and slinging out a blue wire beam to his ankle. Reaching close to where Vampa was located, the beam cut off, allowing the Mordesh to flip through the air and landing right behind him. "You two should probably make haste.." He stated calmly, phasing into view besides the fellow Mordesh.
12-13-2013, 03:43 PM
"Whu- AH!" Vampa yelled, his hand darting to his pistol as he was startled by the other Mordesh. As he saw that the stranger was Mordesh, he relaxed a bit, but nevertheless, his movement made the robe below jerk about for a few seconds.

"What? Why?" he asked, glancing around quickly. He draw said pistol, though didn't aim it anywhere in particular, while still holding onto the rope device.
12-14-2013, 03:33 AM
A small smirk pulled at the corners of her lips as she looked up at Vampa. Finally things where getting back on track and soon she'll be able to get off this blasted rock and get paid! No more instant coffee for a week! Time to get the good stuff! The thought caused her smirk to turn into a grin, puffing out her chest confidently as the rope snaked its way down towards her. The closer it got the less patience she maintained, to the point where she began pacing back and forth as it hovered inches before her. When it was finally ready for her she was quick to grab hold, slowly hoisting herself up the cliff with all the strength she could muster.

“I-I recon all we need is j-just a few more r-really. Ah! M-Maybe grab a sam-sample one, yes? Su-Surely that'd be wo-worth extra.” She'd nod her head as she continued to verbally debate her situation with herself. “N-Nothin' big, r-really, and I-I'll have to m-make sure it don't go fl-floatin' away on me..” This droned on as she continued to climb, losing herself into her own little world, oblivious to what was now happening around her. The rant came to an end as she was suddenly thrown about, boots slipping against the rock face as she tried to steady herself. "Ah! Th-Th-The hell is-" Ursula's voice was cut off as something punctured her left shoulder.

The next things he was aware of was a searing pain and the ground once again at her back laying in a slowly growing pool of her own blood. She didn't scream or groan in pain, the shock made sure of that, but it was official she was shot by some unknown hand and as silly as it would seem, the jerking rope more than likely saved Ursula from what would of been a kill shot.
12-14-2013, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2013 10:28 AM by zbug84.)
Clara frowned as she looked through her scope, she was expecting a killshot, but this will have to do. "Boo she gets to keep her head...lucky her." Surveying the target area, Clara spotted the new Mordesh that joined the duo. He looked a bit more agile than the other two, maybe he was in charge. "Ugh, this might be more trouble than its worth..." Shooting a sideways glance at her bot, "Bolts for brains get a Comm round ready and land it by the Exiles...don't fuck it up this time." Acknowledging another order, the bot clicked and whirred, loading a impact resistant shell with a miniature holostation inside it. Zeroing back in on her scope, Clara set her sights on the newly arrived Mordesh and began to dictate to the bot. "Attention Exile Insurgents, you are directed to lay down your arms and raise your hands in the air...well not the shot one she can stay where she is. There will be no second warning."

Shifting her sight slightly above the New Mordesh's head, Clara squeezed the trigger as the bot launched the comm round in the air. Toggling the active camo on her bodysuit, Clara began to blend into her surroundings, It wasn't as good as what the stalkers got to run around in, but it did what tit needed to. While she was waiting for the rounds to land, Clara took her various rounds and placed them in front of her, "If I miss chow because of this i'm going to be pissed..."

[Image: BSM-Test_zpsf11a4753.png]
A member of the BlackSky Community
12-14-2013, 11:55 AM
"Because it wasn't just you who decided it was a good idea to use high-powered explosives in this area... There was an artillery strike. My... partner, managed to pick up the command signal before the hammer dropped." Corvo stated rather coldly to Vampa. Glancing back down at Ursula, it wasn't until the spray of blood erupted and she fell downwards, did his point really be driven home.

"'And that would be what I was alluding to." The dark skinned Mordesh trailed off, something landing above his head into the slab of rock they were upon. Casually looking at the holostation, Corvo then glanced to his forearm display. Tapping a few times, he eventually found what he was looking for. Tapping it, Corvo began to speak, a sort of sound barrier allowing him a quick moment to speak without being heard. "I will assume you are able to do this... what was it, Void Slip? In any case, figure a way to get down there. I will shield her, and make our escape. We're outmanned here, and I do not feel up to seeing the inside of a Dominion concentration camp today." With that stated, Corvo glanced at the hologram again.

"As adorable as you may be, I will have to bid the farewell." The Mordesh had jumped over the ledge, phasing into seemingly nothingness mid-air... but if one looked closely enough, one could see claw marks ripping into the rock-side at various points.
12-14-2013, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2013 03:31 PM by Kyoen.)
Vampa sighs, and detaches the rope that had extended before clipping the spool back onto his belt and hopping from the cliff edge. In a puff of orange, he was down next to the fallen woman, pointing his pistols in the direction the shot had come from. He would then start unloading the limitless energy shots towards any sign of movement or any humanoid shape in the area while speaking over the barrage.

"I'll be honest, I don't quite understand why these bandits were on so many peoples' hit-lists!"