Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Open RP] Fixing the Boombox
12-15-2013, 06:20 PM
RE: [Open RP] Fixing the Boombox
Ursula groaned in pain, face twitching as she gripped her exit wound. She rolled on the ground until she managed to get herself up onto a seated position. At least from here she could begin to remedy her situation, all it would take is a lot of improvisation. First things first, the blood. She ripped off a sleeve to her coat, grunting at the exertion used to pull it off. The hard part was tying it off, but with gritted teeth, some grunting, and a lot of elbow grease she gave it a half-assed attempt. At least it would stop the bleeding. Hopefully.

She slowly got onto her feet, using the wall to support herself as she did so. "Ah! F-Fuck. ." She muttered to herself under her breath, the words lost upon the constant vollys that Vampa threw out. "I-I-I th-thinkin'.... Thinkin' its t-time to go, yes?" A small ping could be heard as the comm round struck home, playing off its message to the group.

"Attention Exile Insurgents, you are directed to lay down your arms and raise your hands in the air...well not the shot one she can stay where she is. There will be no second warning." A groan escaped her again. Just what they needed, the Dominion to add to the clusterfuck of a day. "Y-Yes. D-D-Defiantly time to go.."
12-16-2013, 03:14 AM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2013 03:33 AM by zbug84.)
"Looks like they are going to run on me, can't have that..." Clara settled in to her shooting stance as she picked through the available targets. One of the Mordesh must have been a Spellslinger, he was down to the woman's rescue faster than she could blink, and was shooting at her a second after that. Ducking down behind a rock formation, Clara braced as numerous void rounds exploded around her. One of the rounds struck home, lodging in the rocks she was hiding behind and causing it to explode, spraying Clara with hot rock shards. Dropping to the ground, Clara winced, the shards punctured her suit in several areas causing the camo function to flicker and fail in several areas.

As Clara was letting out a string of curses that would make a Granok blush, her comm began to buzz "Clara, apprehension of the Exiles not authorized, tag and track is the primary objective, eliminate if necessary." Sighing loud enough for the comms to pick up, Clara began to load a new magazine. The first four shells were her standard tracking rounds, low damage, but they emitted a tracking signal that she could lock on to. Ducking under the continued void volleys, Clara slipped a high explosive round into the magazine, "Oops, wrong one..." Shouldering her rifle and aiming her sights at the Exiles, Clara emptied the magazine in their direction.

[Image: BSM-Test_zpsf11a4753.png]
A member of the BlackSky Community
12-16-2013, 08:13 AM
Doing his best to keep up the barrage, Vampa ducked down behind some stone, knowing that although his assault might be helpful overall, there was no way he could withstand much fire himself.

"Yes, now would be an excellent time to go," he yelled, over the sound of fire. Pausing his attack, he aimed a pistol in the fallen woman's direction, sending a pulse of healing magic towards her quickly. It would probably help to stem the bleeding, if the tourniquet didn't stop it already. Just as he was about to return fire again, the explosive round hit, shattering his cover to pieces and landing a huge amount of force onto his left shoulder. He crashed forwards towards Ursula, and would likely tumble right into her if nothing stopped him or moved her.
12-17-2013, 08:05 AM
Corvo grunted lowly as he landed upon the ground, the power suit's stealth capabilities performing up to par so far. As he shifted a bit, there was a beeping signal that alerted him of the source that was targeting the two of them. "Perfect... Church, calibrate nanites to augment speed on my mark, and to activate unit 08..." There was a slight flicker, showing his location momentarily.

It was quick, but soon was gone out of place. "Mark." With a swift kick from the ground, the Mordesh was off. The rounds going back and forth before the explosive round had went off on Vampa. Corvo would have to mention something to him about finding better cover if they lived through this... Which led to the question of why he was even going out of his way to help these specimen. They'd have served him better as fresh cadavers to experiment upon. Snapping back to the current matter at hand, the stealthing unit deactivated, slowly revealing the Mordesh in motion: Not just one, but two.

Leaping back and forth, the two Stalkers (Corvo and his clone) dashed about each other, making sure to mix up where the original was versus his copy. Pushing off the dirt ground, a series of devices were tossed outward, exploding in a rather wide array of blinding sparks, hopefully enough to keep Clara off her sniping game long enough to keep closer. Touching down he quickly dove back into stealth, slight flickers of motion here and there from both.
12-17-2013, 03:25 PM
The force of the blast pressed Ursula up against the cliff wall, a small grunt of effort passing through her lips as she did her utmost best to keep upright. She'd duck her head, shielding her face from the small rock debris that fell about her. For as quickly as the pulse came, its haste did its job, without the healing the force of being trusted against a rock again would of resumed the bleeding she had managed to stop. Slowly she picked her head up as the debris settled, just in time to find a flying Vampa headed her way.

With wide eyes they made contact, another grunt escaping her as she tumbled on the ground, trapped under the Mordesh whom took a better force of the blast. "Ah! I-I-I ain't g-gettin' payed e-enough for this k-k-kinda stuff..." Ursula would attempt to push the Mordesh off, her wound that was just freshly closed reopening again to dampen her sleeve of a bandage. So much for the healing pulse.

"Y-Ya' know," she'd begin to state to no one in particular, "I-I'm startin' to th-think leavin' all my t-tools with my b-bike was a bad move." She'd shift her head to look around, first eyeing Vampa than eyeing the direction the other Mordesh dashed off to. Or at least where she thought he did. "R-Recon ya' kn-knowin' a qu-quick way down?" She'd ask Vampa, whom was still pinned on top of her as she hadn't the proper strength to dislodge the much bigger man.
12-17-2013, 03:50 PM
Clara continued trading rounds with the Exiles until the explosive round landed home. Relaxing in her stance, Clara emptied magazine after magazine at her targets, attempting to supress the Exiles. Looking at her artillery bot, Clara shouted her command "Capture my ass, this is getting out of hand, bot arm full bombardment on my sights one meter spread!" The bot whirred into life, aiming turrets and completing targeting calculations. As the bot launched it's rounds into the air, Clara looked down her scope again...just in time to see one of the Mordesh split into what appeared to be two separate copies of himself.

"Is that a clone?" Clara thought to herself, Zooming in her scope on the Mordesh, Clara could make out the small Malverine Patch. "No wonder they want these guys alive...Bot dictate transmission. Malverines, you are wanted for treason, robbery and general infractions against the Dominion, stop your movements, and lay down your arms, my next rounds will be to put you down...not bring you in."

As Clara finished speaking, a cluster of bright lights went off in her scope's sights, temporally shorting out the auto aim function. Shielding her eyes, sparks flew from her rifle into her face, "Dammit, looks like i'm going old school now..." Standing up from her position, Clara slapped in a full mag of HE rounds and began to fire from the hip. It would be a minute until the auto repair completed on her scope, she just needed to hold the Exiles until then...

12-18-2013, 09:58 AM
Pushing himself off Ursula with his right arm, Vampa groaned and flopped onto his back. He let himself lie there for a brief moment before flipping onto his knees, then hauling himself to his shaky feet, staying in a crouch. His left shoulder looked pretty bad, with his clothing torn away from it, but thankfully the Vitalus tanks remained in place. Holstering his left pistol, he would use the one in his right hand to fire off a few times towards the Dominion attacker.

"Why's she trying to arrest Malverines? I doubt they would submit to the judicial system," he yelled to the two Exiles nearby. The way down the cliffs was an inclined walkway that swirled around the floating rocks they were situated on. He pointed towards the way down.

"Go that way," he told the human woman. He turned towards their attacker, and fired off a large fireball. "Probably quickly, if I were you."

If the Dominion woman were looking in his direction, she would see him hop towards her, then disappear in a puff of orange, the sigil he had created staying as a ghost in the air for a moment after his exit.
12-18-2013, 02:12 PM
Corvo could only hope that whatever that other Mordesh was doing, it was getting the two of them out of this hotzone. Another part of him wished that the insignia branding him a fellow Malverine had been hidden beforehand. Though he could be sure that by doing so, his loyalties could've been called into question. Good thing Cathal isn't here.. A low chuckle reverberated in his mind, before finally coming to a stop. Gazing upward, he noticed the rate of fire and it's trajectory coming from a lowered location.

"Good... Seems that I shorted the scop--" Wincing, Corvo tugged his duster aside some, gazing at the trickling blood in his abdomen. "Great... Pretty sure a fit's going to be thrown at home now." Scowling, the wound was covered and both hands extended their sets of claws with a sharp -snik-. "Church.. Regulate nanite output to 70%. Focus at rate of speed." Leaping upward, he began to claw his way as quietly as possible up the cliffs to reach the sniper.

About half-way, if Clara hadn't noticed him by then, a new set of small devices would have been tossed up to hover momentarily in front of her, before exploding in a very thick miasma capable of momentary paralysis.

(His rate of climbing is fast, not like '2 seconds later' XD)
12-19-2013, 03:52 PM
Nodding her thanks, Ursula slowly crawled to her feet. "Ah! I-I-I'll be back in a m-moment then." With out another word she set off, one hand on the wall as she slowly maneuvered towards the steady incline that promised an easy way down and did she ever plan to use it.

As if things wern't bad enough now there was talk of Malverine's. Just what did they have to do with this situation now? Was there just a giant mix up? Wouldn't be the first time, but now was not the time to find out. Her thoughts where canceled by one of the HE bullets pelting right in front of her, causing her to pause for just a moment before moving on at a slightly quicker pace. Once she made it the descent would hopefully be easier, the focus of the fire still primarily being held where she had fallen.

Soon Ursula would make it to her hoverbike, and then a counter-offensive of her own could begin.
12-19-2013, 04:46 PM
Clara continued firing until the fireblast reached her. Rolling to the side, the heat of the blast grazed her arm, singing her suit and causing the rest of the camouflage function to fail. Looking down below her position, Clara looked for a path back to her scout bike, this situation had gotten out of control and she needed a way out if any more hiccups arrived. "It might be time for me to get the hell out of here," Clara thought to herself "Captain, the Exiles are causing more of a problem than I can contain, requesting a squad for backup!" Over the sparks and rifle fire, Clara's comm answered back, faster than she would have liked. "Request for backup denied, maintain mission objective, Command out."

"To hell with this..." Looking in her pack, Clara pulled out an ammo drum while she ducked the Exiles fire. Setting the rifle on a tripod, Clara tapped a few commands into a screen on the butt of the rifle. As Clara finished typing, a robotic voice came from the datapad on her forearm, "Auto function engage, Shock and Awe protocol commencing." The rifle swiveled, firing on its own at any heat signature it could find, "It's messy," Clara thought to herself "but it should give me enough time to get the hell out of here...pity that's my favorite gun."

After setting up the makeshift turret, Clara dropped to a low crawl, moving toward the edge of the rock face while void rounds flew over her head. When she finally reached the edge, Clara kicked over the rope she used to climb up the side of the mountain. As Clara watched the rope fall to her bike, several small explosives shot up in front of her face. Eyeing the objects with a half surprise, half impressed look on her face, Clara clipped the rope on her belt and rolled off the side of the rock face. Clara hit the side of the mountain hard, cracking her head on the rock. With blood running down her face, Clara began to repel down the mountain "Clear out the bandits they said, it's gonna be cake duty they said..." As Clara complained to herself, a faint clawing sound was getting closer and closer to her. Looking below her for the sound, Clara sighed "You have got to be shitting me!"