Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
100% More Beard!!
05-04-2013, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2013 12:44 AM by Grussin.)
100% More Beard!!
I won't lie, I liked how 8Bit set his up, so I stole the format. XD

HISTORY: Started in tabletop at age 15, spanning D&D, White Wolf, and mostly Rolemater. Got into MMO rp a year and a half ago after my WoW raiding guild fell apart and I go burnt out on raiding. Moved to Wyrmrest Accord and became a member of the blood elf house guild House Thalryn. My character there was Tyveris Shadowstar, who became the Captain of the House Guard and oocly Co Gm. When we jumped to GW2 I created Grussin, who was a sour old thief who hates everyone. Due to some circumstances, I'm now GM of Veil. As Gruss I'm commonly referred to as The Beard due to being what I think is the only human character to rock the full beard in GW2.

GAMING/RP STYLE: I like playing everymen. People with flaws. Gruss in Gw2 is an older person, not in his prime anymore and struggling with that reality. Real world problems we can all relate to make for better characters in my opinion. I'm slightly older than the average gamer, and face these things myself in some ways irl. A little touch of reality can go a very long way.

I enjoy a mix of high octane, action filled rp with things blowing up all over the place John Woo style, to just hanging out icly having a beer and shooting the shit. Down time Icly is where I've found the most character development happens for me.

I've played deadly serious characters like Tyveris and Gruss, and silly characters like insane goblin necromancers. Who knows what I make Gruss here.

I love telling a good story, but found I enjoy helping other people tell theirs more. If something I do or say enhances another persons rp for them I feel my night was a success.

IRL STATS:

Occupation: I work for a uniform company running the washers. Yeah..I do laundry for a living. Kill me now. I'm also a 14 year veteran of the National Guard.

Play Times: Monday-Friday 11:30 to about 3-4 am EST. Weekends, unless it's my Gaurd drill I'm on most of the day.

Likes: Star Wars, Lord of The Rings, Sons of Anarchy, Heavy Metal music, Saints Row 3, Beer, Pizza, The writings of R.A. Salvatore, David Gemmel and Elaine Cunningham. Beer, Cheesy horror films, Beer.

Username: Out of all my toons, Gruss is has been my favorite to play. I've decided to adapt him to Wild Star and see where it goes.

~ Beard Out.
05-04-2013, 11:51 PM
RE: 100% More Beard!!
(05-04-2013 05:34 PM)Grussin Wrote:  I won't lie, I liked how 8Bit set his up, so I stole the format. XD

Thank you! Don't mind being emulated. Wink

(05-04-2013 05:34 PM)Grussin Wrote:  As Gruss I'm commonly referred to as The Beard due to being what I think is the only human character to rock the full beard in GW2.

So, 'full beard'... we just talking the full wrap-around chin-strap soup catcher beard or you talking.... this:

(05-04-2013 05:34 PM)Grussin Wrote:  GAMING/RP STYLE: I like playing everymen. People with flaws. Gruss in Gw2 is an older person, not in his prime anymore and struggling with that reality. Real world problems we can all relate to make for better characters in my opinion. I'm slightly older than the average gamer, and face these things myself in some ways irl. A little touch of reality can go a very long way.

Yes. I knew I liked you. I love 'everyman' players - they are more rare, but in my opinion it does speak to maturity when someone sees the value in playing a character that doesn't have do be the most amazing thing in the room. After all, every story needs some 'everymen' - but even 'everymen' get their shining moment in a story and it's because they are 'everymen' that that moment suddenly becomes a whole lot cooler instead of just 'business-as-usual'. Most of my favorite chracters from film, tv, and books have not been the 'main' chracter, but one of the 'everyman' support characters - because you can often identify with them more.

(05-04-2013 05:34 PM)Grussin Wrote:  ... to just hanging out icly having a beer and shooting the shit. Down time Icly is where I've found the most character development happens for me.

Totally agree. This also speaks to a more mature and seasoned role player in my opinion.

(05-04-2013 05:34 PM)Grussin Wrote:  I love telling a good story, but found I enjoy helping other people tell theirs more. If something I do or say enhances another persons rp for them I feel my night was a success.

I've already stated my opinion on this in your application, but I reiterate it here for emphasis. This is the key to amazing role playing stories in my opninon and it's one of the higest markers in my book of 'What makes a great role player'. So glad to hear you value it too!

(05-04-2013 05:34 PM)Grussin Wrote:  Play Times: Monday-Friday 11:30 to about 3-4 am. Weekends, unless it's my Guard drill I'm on most of the day.

What time zone?
05-05-2013, 12:45 AM
Post fixed. And thanks for the welcome 8bit
05-05-2013, 03:26 AM
Welcome Gruss, and awesome to have more bearded ones around here. To be honest I love normal characters, simple men who do great things!

Welcome to the club, brotha.
05-05-2013, 08:00 AM
(05-05-2013 12:45 AM)Grussin Wrote:  Post fixed. And thanks for the welcome 8bit
Happy to welcome you. Umm - what'd you 'fix' in your post?
05-05-2013, 03:00 PM
(05-05-2013 08:00 AM)8Bit Wrote:  
(05-05-2013 12:45 AM)Grussin Wrote:  Post fixed. And thanks for the welcome 8bit
Happy to welcome you. Umm - what'd you 'fix' in your post?

Timezone
05-05-2013, 11:19 PM
(05-05-2013 03:26 AM)ShadowedSin Wrote:  Welcome Gruss, and awesome to have more bearded ones around here. To be honest I love normal characters, simple men who do great things!

Welcome to the club, brotha.

What he said.