Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kaistiel Stormbreaker's Application
12-16-2013, 02:42 PM
Kaistiel Stormbreaker's Application
About the Player

Main Character Name / Primary Alt Name: (If you only have one character you do not have to state an alt). Kaistiel Stormbreaker

Enjin / WildStar Central Username: (If you use neither please state what other community sites you are active one relating to WildStar) WSC username is Kaistiel, haven't truly posted there *embarrassed grin* I've been filling my time with reading and absorbing as much as I can.
Primary Character / Alts Joining the BlackSky: Kaistiel Stormbreaker

IM Contacts: (We use Skype primarily) None at the moment, but I can easily download Skype and set something up in order to better participate.

What is your primary region / timezone and playtimes? Central Standard Time here in the great state of misery, I mean Missouri. My playtimes vary as I work at an airport (this means we're open 365 days/year and my days off vary.) I'm typically an evening player with the occasional interruption for putting the little tykes to bed.

Are you eighteen or older? (Please state your age if you can.) I'm 31, soon to be 32. Oh yes, so in answer to the first part of the question, Yes indeed, I am over 18.

Did you read and do you agree to abide by our Rules and Policy? Indeed I do.

Where did you find us and why do we stand out? Stumbled across you on Wildstar-Roleplay.com. The reason y'all stand out is the thought and care you put into everything. Most guilds I've seen have a great recruitment pitch, but after that it's all shallowness. I've truly enjoyed reading the blogs and seeing the true depth that is already in a this guild, which is amazing considering the game isn't even released yet.

Would you like to join our Guild Skyp Group? And or the Guild Mailing List? Yes to both, although the Skype group will be delayed until I set up Skype.

Are you a member of any additional guilds, circles, warplots etc? Nothing at the moment.

What are your primary playstyles?
(Casual / Medium / Hardcore RP, PvP, Social, PvE, Raiding, Dungeons, Crafting) The answer is D, all of the above. But wait there's more. You're looking for substantive answers I imagine. Currently I would classify myself as Medium in the RP department, bordering on Hardcore so long as it doesn't become a second job *grins* PvP I do enjoy, especially If the guild is involved. I truly enjoy the social aspect of gaming. Working 49 hours/week and having two small children leaves less time for going out so I tend to make rather close friends with my guildies. (Sorry bout the wall of text, I know you have other apps to read.) I enjoy all aspects of the game aside from Hardcore raiding which had it's place back in the day.

About Roleplay
What is your roleplaying experience?
(We are newbie friendly, if you need help we will teach you). I've had a smattering of tabletop experience back in college. Most of my experience with RP has been in MMOS. So if you leave out the tabletop, *does the math, thankfully there are enough fingers* about 8 years of experience.

What are your primary Roleplay Limits?
(Gives us an idea of what forms of Rp or themes you will not participate in.) I honestly don't have too many limits in this area. The things I shy away from are death an dismemberment of my characters, or anything that removes them from the ability to RP for long periods of time. (This dismemberment/disfiguration is something I'm willing to discuss but only if it helps to further the story and not be completely debilitating.) Other than that, bring it on!

Are you okay with the R rated (content in our guild contains adult language, violent situations, partial nudity, narcotics) nature of our Roleplay? I live in a world already where those things are prevelant, so I have no problem with it at all.

What do IC Consequences mean to you? Would you be willing to deal with the consequences listed in our lore? Such as humiliation? OR even being beaten within an inch of life or worse? It's perfectly fitting for an MC style guild. If it were any less brutal it wouldn't ring true.

Would you be willing to take consequences if your character left the Club or Agency and warranted them?
(Could be a simple as being banned from guild IC hubs, or being openedly mocked, or worse.)
See the above answer as it fits this question like a perfectly broken in boot.

About the Character
NOTE: If you are unsure about a main character at this point, answer these questions as best you can to help us understand you a bit.
What is your character's name / race / class / path? Kaistiel Stormbreaker, Aurin, Stalker, Soldier.

What faction is your character joining?
(You may place alts and your main in either the Malverines or the Sovereigns, or both if the character is a spy and you speak to an officer.) The Blacksky Malverines.

Tell us a bit about your character's personality, include three strengths and three weaknesses. Hmmm, well to wrap it up nicely for you and not to spill too many secrets, (must make you work for some of it!) Kaistiel is a hard nut to crack. She doesn't wear her emotions on her sleeve, not that she neccisarily wears sleeves. She has a rather wry sense of humor that would border on gallows humor at times. Her favorite quote is "Curses are merely blessings with darker wrappings."
Strengths:
-Intense Loyalty (She would give her life for her family and friends, though sadly both are in short supply at the moment.)
-Resilient Resilience (The poor girl has been through a lot since the ravaging of Arboria and somehow has kept right on ticking.)
-Snarky Wit (Sometimes it might be considered a weakness, but it's gotten her out of many a tight spot and put a smile on a Granok's face or two.)
Weaknesses:
-Intensely Claustrophobic (Try being cooped up in a cage for years and see if you don't go catatonic in enclosed spaces.)
-PTSD (Kai isn't quite a loose cannon, more like a cannon that might randomly fire is a dommie walked in front of it without running immediately in the other direction.)
-Snarky Wit (Sometimes it might be considered a strength, but it's gotten her into many a tight spot and put a glare on a Granok's face or two.)

What would your characters occupation or job within their faction? Are they employed by a guild business or have their own? Kaistiel hasn't tasted freedom long enough to have her own business or be gainfully employed. She would most likely be a bounty hunter or a scout as she has the skill sets for both.

Why would this character join or become a Prospect of either the Malverines of the Sovereigns? Kaistiel lost her family and virtually everything else in the ravaging. She has an intense hatred for the Dominion and more than enough unrequited loyalty to go around. She needs a semblance of brother/sisterhood and the Malverines seem to be just the cup of tea she needs.
12-16-2013, 03:50 PM
RE: Kaistiel Stormbreaker's Application
HEY THERE! Your app looks good so we are no proceeding to the OOC interview!

These will be a series of questions that we'll ask you to answer to the best of your ability :3

1. What are your thoughts about conflict resolution and drama in general? In that regard what did you think of our rules?

2. We as a guild focus on building a sense of brotherhood and guild identity, and how to bring members closer together in our collective community. What are your thoughts on that?
12-17-2013, 12:28 PM
First of all, I do apologize for the delay in responding, 'twas a long Monday at work. Now then, onward towards the questions!!!

1. As someone who is a manager is his business life, conflict resolution is a constant part of my life. Whether it be with customers or with employees, it's something that I cannot escape. My personal approach to it is rather simple. "Take the time to listen." To often we jump to conclusions and try to resolve the problem before even realizing what the problem truly is. If we merely take a few moments to listen and digest and then take a structured approach to resolving the issue then things are made so much easier.
As for my thoughts on drama? I, like many others, am not a fan. It's one of those things that when left unattended can result in lost friendships, broken guilds and all around unpleasantness. I think drama tends to stem poor conflict resolution.
I truly like what I have read about this guild's approach to both conflict resolution and drama. It shows a lot of forethought and a good approach to dealing with both. It goes to show that this guild's leadership isn't just throwing something together and they want what is best for the guild as a whole and are willing to deal with the things that most either turn a blind eye to or run away from.

2. This is one of the things that truly drew my attention. I've been apart of my share of guilds in many different games, servers, factions etc. The ones that survived for the long haul were the ones that focused on having a strong family bond amongst it's members and were unique enough to differentiate themselves from the pack. I truly like the post about signature characters. I like how y'all want to include everyone and make everyone feel important, as opposed to having an inner circle and then spectators that hope to fill an eventually vacant spot.
12-17-2013, 06:12 PM
1. Has freedom of character types, but we ask that characters have a strong tie to the guild before earning their full membership, and also follow our Character Standards, what are your thoughts on this?

2. We asked you about R rated content, your Rp limits and consequences. Can you tell me why these are important things to ask someone?
12-18-2013, 01:45 PM
1. I personally think that this is what builds a solid guild. This is one of the facts that attracts me to this group. The reason for this is it shows that you're not just trying to swell your numbers with nameless faces, but are more focused on quality rather than quantity. It's one that to be the "Biggest" guild, it's another to be an amazingly well rounded group of individuals striving towards a common goal of immersive RP. Since the idea behind the Malverines is a MC it only makes sense that there would be a trial period where one must prove themselves to the guild. In my personal experience guilds that try to be a "one size fits all" sort of deal never really pan out.

2. It's called transparency, plain and simple. You're not trying to hide who you are and what it's all about. This is the first step to avoid any future drama and hedge against shock and/or disappointment from those people who aren't necessarily fine with this sort of content. It's also a good question to ask so that you can get to know your applicants right from the get go. What their limits are (if any.) This shows strong leadership right from the start and I personally appreciate the unabashed approach to who and what y'all are.
12-18-2013, 06:45 PM
1. What did you think of our two factions? Do you see any problems arising from them, or any good arising from them?

2. What about the Malverines interests you the most?
12-19-2013, 05:00 AM
1. I truly like the idea of having two factions. Most guilds try to find an opposing guild and while it may work at times often there are disputes between them about where they want the story to go. Having to disparaging guilds under the same umbrella of leadership help alleviate the oft unavoidable conflicts. The only problem that I see arising is an imbalance between the sides. This is where I believe the leadership will have to focus in order to make sure one side doesn't become a ghost town. Other than that I say bring it on!

2. Honestly, it's one of the coolest guild concepts I've come across in awhile. I am a huge SoA fan, and have been from the beginning of the show. I also love Firefly, FMA, Justified and the like. I truly love the idea of a melting pot of individuals all bonded in one brotherhood. The outlaw nature of it really meshes with what I've seen of the game so far and I believe it will provide with many an epic tale. I look forward to the rough and tumble, down and dirty, blood brother aspect of the guild.
12-19-2013, 03:17 PM
1. In our guild we do split our stories into Seasons which each then feature an event obviously named an Episode. What are your thoughts about having Episodic content organized into ongoing story arcs?

2. With that in mind, what do you think about our core story elements such as the Grey Line, Adult RP and how it will affect our stories?
12-20-2013, 03:09 AM
1. I personally think this is quite the clever take on a guild storyline design. The issues that I seen with guilds in the past, both those I've run and those I've been a part of is the ability to get new members into already established guild story lines. The episodic content that you are proposing takes great strides into making sure everyone can be a part of the evolving story, no matter which point they might enter at. TV shows have seasons and fall breaks and finales etc. All this helps them keeping things fresh, reengergizing current viewers and attracting new audiences. I look forward to seeing how this all plays out!

2. With that in mind, what do you think about our core story elements such as the Grey Line, Adult RP and how it will affect our stories?
2. I truly embraced the idea of utilizing the Grey Line in the guild from the moment I read your post. I have often been a fan of books and shows that weren't full of hero's and villain's but were instead just full of men and women doing what they thought was right, and also living with the consequences of said actions. Sons of Anarchy, Game of Thrones (The books and the show), The Dresden Files....the list goes on, are some of my favorites for that very fact.
Adult RP going hand in hand with the above section. It does nothing but add depth and dimension to the storylines. At first glance one might say that it could scare some folks off, or just make for an uber-violent, over-sexed guild. But, not to beat a dead bike, SoA didn't shy away from said subject matter either and it's drawn a disparaging group of individuals into fandom of the show. People crave reality and I do believe this will make this guild a deep and vibrant one.
12-20-2013, 10:30 AM
1. What did you think of the united unbiased history?

2. What were your thoughts on the Malverines Lore and the themes that we present for them?