Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Today is Not the Day I Die (Closed)
03-14-2014, 03:09 AM
RE: Today is Not the Day I Die (Closed)
Cathal had yet to run into any heavy resistance. Standing near the entrance to what he assumed was an area set aside for supplies. The goods as they had been calling them. Cathal noticed the set of supplies and ran it through his head how long it could take to move it all on his own. The man took a deep breath as he grabbed a box and then holstered one of his guns. The man then started walking his back to the entrance while hauling the box. Outside he looked to find the entrance and dropped the box off nearby. He uttered a command to Reggie over his com, "Summon," and his bike turned off defense and scooted over toward him. He turned back on the defensive mode and then turned around to spend a few minutes retrieve another box.

"I've got two boxes worth of goods from the armory, should sell pretty well, you get your target Carna?" he asked. The man spied around the field and saw the other bike firing off C4 charges.
03-14-2014, 05:40 AM
Zakk sprinted sown the hall as fast as he could, closing the gap to the logistics storeroom by jumping through the void when he could. As he reached the giant double doors a notification from Betty went off in Zakk's ear, **Demolition charges at 5%, recommend refit** "Shit," Zakk thought to himself, "Betty breach all barriers at my position, cease Shock and Awe protocol." As, Zakk pushed through the doors, he felt the rumble of explosions as Betty launched the remaining explosives, blowing holes through the bulkheads of the outpost and using the holes to drive to Zakk's location. "I've got two boxes worth of goods from the armory, should sell pretty well, you get your target Carna?"

Carna was off on some important errand, apparently important enough to run off into some unknown shitstorm, but that didn't concern Zakk unless she needed help. As Zakk began to rummage through the impressive amount of supplies, Betty smashed through the last wall that separated her from Zakk, "That's my girl!" Zakk said with a smile. "Carna i'm near your location and loading up everything Betty can hold, now would be a good time to get the hell out of here if you need a ride!" With the supplies loaded up on Betty, Zakk crouched down behind the quad and fired through the holes as the remaining guardsman began to close in on the room.

[Image: BSM-Test_zpsf11a4753.png]
A member of the BlackSky Community
04-08-2014, 01:20 PM
"Heya honey, today is your lucky day."
Kaistiel coils like a spring at the appearance of another Aurin, her one arm still chained to the wall behind her. Surely this had to be some sort of ploy, a trick, false hope......Her mind spins off on a thousand different possibilities, none of which are anywhere close to the truth. She's survived this long by abandoning hope, she won't suddenly give in now.
"I'm sure....this is the part.....where I confide in you....my savior..." the words are labored as is her breathing. Kaistiel brings a clawed hand up in a defensive gesture, the pale skin of her arm a stark contrast to the bright scarlet rivers coursing down it. She bares her teeth and then her eyes roll back and she slumps down, on the verge of unconsciousness. She starts muttering softly slurred words, her mantra for the past several years......"Today is not the day I die....."

"Curses are blessings with darker wrappings."
04-09-2014, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2014 01:05 AM by Carnatia.)
Carnatia moves closer to Kais, "This is real, I am here. My name is Carnatia. You don't have to confide anything in me, but I will get you out of here."Carna moves a little closer when suddenly the door flies open and in runs 3 troopers and they immediately open fire. Carna throws herself between her and Kaistiel her personal shield generator flaring up brightly and losing power.

Carna let's out a snarl and floats off the ground and begins spinning as a cascade of psyblade projections fall upon the enemies. THey screech as the blades meet their mark. Two fall limply to the ground, not dead but seriously wounded, and even bleeding from cuts, while one dashes to the side and avoids the flurry. THe one who dashed opens fire again as Carna lands from her BLade Dance and his shot gets through her should generator and clips past her right shoulder. Carna hisses in pain as the sensation of burning and the warm feeling of blood flowing starts. She grabs her shoulder and looks to the man, her eyes narrowed in adrenaline. With her left hand she throws her hand to the man and a sword sails through the air at him. THe grabs closely to the mans neck and throws him against the wall.

The Soldier grunts in pain and beings hyperventilating in panic. He stumbles with his gun. Carna closes the ground and brings a balled fist straight up into the Soldiers chin in a quick upper cut. THe man hangs limply, and still alive, on the wall. Carna grabs her shoulder again and this time a golden light emits from her hand as she does a quick heal of Esper magic on it to tie her over until she could see a doctor. She turns to Kais, "I have to get you out of here now." She states and kneels next to Kais and goes to take off her restains.
04-09-2014, 04:25 PM
Cathal watched with intent interest as the grinder hovercycle fired off a set of rounds that bulldozed down a wall; behind which stood Zakk. Not bad kid, not bad, you seem worth more than I thought you were. The man was then squarely held up in the room as the guards started surround him. He dropped his goggles over his eyes and snapped a command to Reggie, the computer began to hack a series of local chatter and relayed the location of the guards to Cathal. Now the boss was not a bad shot, but a bit of overhead information made his shots count more.

"Carna, I know ye lov to be hero, bu' the Dommies dun seem to give a sceat," the man said over the com to his officer. Whatever the Aurin was doing the Dominion was using the momentary lapse in time to push forward. Cathal in that time sighed and ran toward Zakk's location as a blue glowing Glyph appeared before his gun. A large jolt of snow plowed from the muzzle and struck several of the soldiers.

"Getting ye some cover fire Zakk, take it an blue a fucking path for Carna if ye have any remote idea where she is."
04-10-2014, 03:30 AM
Zakk hunkered down behind Betty while the Dominion soldiers fired at him from the hole blasted into the side of the bunker, "Well this was a great idea..." Zakk said to himself as he fired blindly over the side of the heavy quad. Ducking as the rounds bounced of Betty, Zakk switched out the cylinders on his Mag Pistols, replacing them with a traditional cylinder loaded with high explosive rounds. As he looked up to pick a shot, a large snow shot cleared out the closet group of attackers, giving Zakk time to breathe "Getting ye some cover fire Zakk, take it an blue a fucking path for Carna if ye have any remote idea where she is."

Turning towards the wall that would lead into the next room, Zakk emptied all of his HE rounds into it, shooting a tight circle into the wall. Running at full speed, Zakk slammed into the middle of the damaged bulkhead, hitting it so hard he could have sworn he heard his shoulder pop out of its socket. As the wall slowly fell into the next room, Zakk spotted Carna with her pet project, the room looked like it was half prision, half laboratory, and he really didn't want to know what the hell went on in there. Carana was busy, there were guards pinned to the wall, and she was trying to rescue some Aurin that looked like she was half dead. With his injured arm hanging limp, Zakk raised his other pistol and shot the chain off of the wall. Looking like complete shit, Zakk looked at Carna from under the dreadlocks hanging over his face with a painful grimace, "We need to get the hell out of here!"

04-30-2014, 02:05 PM
Kaistiel sags in her remaining restraints, her mind drifting between reality and the dark horrors of her dreams. She is vaguely aware of her surroundings, the blonde Aurin hovering above her like a vicious guardian angel setting her free....the explosions and yells of both assumed friends and foes throughout the complex....the guards lying on the ground....the guards lying helpless on the ground. The same guards that listened to her screams night after night. The same guards that mocked her captivity and leered at her whilst she was exposed.

Part of Kaistiel's mind registers that the other Aurin succeeds in removing her restraints, after that fact is notated the primal instincts that have been bred in her over the last several years bubble rapidly to the forefront. Her skin ripples, or perhaps it is merely the light around it as the nanites bend the light around her, causing her to blend into the cold grey stone she's lying on. She slips out of her rescuers grasp. One can track her movements by the splashes of blood that fall from her wounds, a bloody breadcrumb trail leading towards the helpless guards.

An animalistic scream rips from Kaistiel's throat, a mixture of both hot and cold blooded emotions ripped from the depths of her being. The rage of watching her family burn to death during the ravaging, the horrors of being hunted and alone on Arboria, the countless days of torture and expirementation, these all find their outlet on the tips of the claws that protrude from her hands. The words spilling from her lips are indecipherable, but the work and savagery of her claws do not have words to describe them.

After a moment, that seems to her like a dozen lifetimes, Kaistiel sags once again to the floor amidst the blood and gore that once was a guard. She smiles a crooked smile and picks up something shiny from amongst the remains. She holds it up and it catches the faint light of the room.....a silver pendant, made of an interlocking metallic weave...."Happy Birthday to me..." she mumbles before collapsing unconscious to the floor.

"Curses are blessings with darker wrappings."
05-06-2014, 01:46 AM
Carna crosses to the passed out Aurin and kneels beside her unconcious frame. Tears tugging at the sides of her eyes, "Yes, Z, let's get out of here." She says looking tot he man. Carna scoups Kais up into her arms carrying the other Aurin, "Ok, Cathal, let's get out of here." She says. Something off in her voice.

Carna then will begin to follow Z out as her arms were no preoccupied.
05-06-2014, 04:34 PM
It was time to get out of dodge. The man's goggles switched linked with his bike as the machine roared to life. he had a secondary defense cannon on the bike, but he dislike to expend the ammunition unless needed. That seemed like a factor that would soon come into play. He stops when he thought a scream or some kind of emotional outburst split through the com. Cathal's attention was steadily on the scene of the Dominion troops as it looked like Z, and Carna were getting someone out of the damn complex.

"Feckin Luminai loving bastards," he cursed as the man summoned a sigil and fired a blast of fiery rock at one of the guards. The man narrowly dodged the attack as Cathal started to fire away to give more suppression to the enemy.

"Good good," he muttered as his grim inner emotions were toiling around in his head.

"Whoever ye grabbed in there, get 'em out. I'll stick behind an' cover yer tracks. Nymph taught me a bit o' bout them stupid Dommie practices before she tarned crazy," the man said before activating his bike's secondary cannon. He hated his Cassian mother, but the woman had given him some useful talents.

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
05-13-2014, 12:22 PM
As Carna carried out her new project Zakk turned his Mag Pistols back toward the increasing number of dominion soldiers. Winking at the pair of Aurins as he hopped on betty he fired several volleys out of the opening the construction quad made in the side of the facility. Revving the engine loudly, Zakk rode out at full speed as one of Cathal's blasts flew over Zakk's head, singing one of his dreadlocks. Doing what looked like a complicated series of doughnuts, Zakk corralled the remaining dominion troops in a cloud of dust as they fired in all directions trying to pin him down.

Opening a portal into the void, Zakk drove Betty into it, grabbing a nearby guard and leaving him in the cold void of the nether. Tabbing his comms as Zakk watched the guard float away, Zakk opened an exit to the void, "Time to go people, i'm running out of tricks." The sigil opened up directly above the remaining guards, the combined weight of Betty falling from the sky and Zakk firing off round after round was a bit much for his liking, but desperate times call for stupid measures. As the Quad hit the ground the sounds of the shocks readjusting and the crunching of bones hid the loud pop as Zakk's leg popped out of his socket. "I need a damn drink..." Zakk said as he grimaced loudly.