Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Genevieve Devitt's Application
03-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Genevieve Devitt's Application
About the Player
Main Character Name / Primary Alt Name: Genevieve Devitt
Enjin / WildStar Central Username: Enjin - Noan Etal
Primary Character / Alts Joining the BlackSky: I don't have any alts...yet.
IM Contacts: Skype, Mumble
What is your primary region / timezone and playtimes? PST, and I often play from 4pm - 2am
Are you eighteen or older? Yes, I'm 32 years old

Did you read and do you agree to abide by our Rules and Policy? Yes

Where did you find us and why do we stand out? I heard about you from the advice channel, though I don't remember who mentioned you. You stood out to me because of the amount of effort that you obviously put into your guild's IC structure and history.

Would you like to join our Guild Skype Group? And or the Guild Mailing List? Skype yes, mailing list no.

Are you a member of any additional guilds, circles, warplots etc? I'd considered joining Mira's Anchorage, but I am reconsidering.

What are your primary playstyles? Hardcore RP, minor PvP, Social, PvE, Casual Raiding, Dungeons and Dragons, Craft Mac and Cheese.

About Roleplay
What is your roleplaying experience? I've been RPing for years, first in chatrooms and muds and now over many online games.

What are your primary Roleplay Limits?
I'm pretty limitless. I'm willing to try everything at least once and I am always open to new experiences.

Are you okay with the R rated (content in our guild contains adult language, violent situations, partial nudity, narcotics) nature of our Roleplay? Yes.

What do IC Consequences mean to you? Would you be willing to deal with the consequences listed in our lore? Such as humiliation? OR even being beaten within an inch of life or worse? Absolutely.

Would you be willing to take consequences if your character left the Club or Agency and warranted them? Yes, I would.

About the Character
NOTE: If you are unsure about a main character at this point, answer these questions as best you can to help us understand you a bit.
What is your character's name / race / class / path?
Genevieve Devitt/Mordesh/Engineer or Medic/Scientist
What faction is your character joining? Malverines

Tell us a bit about your character's personality, include three strengths and three weaknesses. Genevieve is calm, calculating and ruthlessly efficient. She approaches problems with a level head and is committed to getting the job done at any cost. That being said, there are many that would consider her emotionally cold, hard to approach, or even outright cruel. She does little to spare the feelings of others when it comes to accomplishing a task, and as such she is often warily trusted by those that she works with.

What would your characters occupation or job within their faction? Are they employed by a guild business or have their own? She would likely be either a mechanic or a crafter, specializing in cybernetics and weapon development. She owns her own small business, but would gladly work for the guild if she were offered a decent wage and ample supplies.

Why would this character join or become a Prospect of either the Malverines of the Sovereigns? By her very nature, Genevieve is drawn to structure and order, even when the trappings of that order are themselves chaotic. She would approach the Malverines and offer her services, doing what she can to sweeten the deal and present herself as a valuable asset.
03-05-2014, 06:42 AM
RE: Genevieve Devitt's Application
HAIL!

1. What are your thoughts about conflict resolution and drama in general? In that regard what did you think of our rules?

2. We as a guild focus on building a sense of brotherhood and guild identity, and how to bring members closer together in our collective community. What are your thoughts on that?
03-08-2014, 01:22 AM
Sorry about the delay, I've been without computer access for a hot minute.

1. I believe that most conflicts and drama should be able to be resolved between the people involved for the most part, and that when it becomes necessary for an administrator to jump in that their decision should be respected. That being said, I noticed that your rules are a bit more comprehensive than many other guilds. Whether that is out of precaution or necessity is something that concerns me.

2. I believe that building a sense of brotherhood among guild mates is a good idea, and that a guild identity is a base necessity for a guild that wishes to create an immersive RP experience. People that are friends will always work together better than strangers.
03-08-2014, 11:27 PM
Good answers.

1. Our guild has an open freedom of character types, but we ask that characters have a strong tie to the guild before earning their full membership that fits the theme of their chosen faction, and also follow our Character Standards, what are your thoughts on this?

2. We asked you about R rated content, your Rp limits and consequences. Can you tell me why these are important things to ask someone?
03-09-2014, 12:44 AM
Requiring characters to have a strong tie with the guild is fairly standard for a guild that wants to create an immersive roleplay experience, as a character that doesn't have any ties to the guild would really have no incentive to participate in the feud between the factions and could view events that unfold with a 'hands off' attitude because 'It doesn't concern them'. A character's connection to the guild and their guild mates should serve as a driving force behind the character's development, and without something like that a character/player runs the risk of getting left behind while the story moves on without them. At the same time, the players are the driving force behind the story of the guild, and without everyone working on the same page the narrative can run wild off the rails and result in a roleplay experience that leaves everyone involved with a sour taste in their mouth.

Holding characters to a standard provides both the player and the guild a common ground toward which a character concept can be guided to fit within the tone of the narrative that the guild is trying to convey. I think that without something like that, the concept of a character can easily deviate from the theme of the guild and create a situation in which the character in question could have a difficult time relating and interacting with others in the guild.

As someone that has done a lot of MRP and even ERP in the past, I know firsthand that establishing a strong sense of limits is extremely important when working with themes and concepts that could be considered graphic in nature. Without any sort of limits, there is an extremely high risk of running across situations in which the actions of either party could make an RP extremely uncomfortable for either or even both of the players involved, to the point that a full retcon is really the only way around it. Such misunderstandings can often result in players not feeling comfortable interacting further in the future, which can create a sense of tension among a guild that only grows stronger each time that it happens. I myself have no real RP limits, as I have grown accustomed and even enjoy experiencing new things, but I know how important that they are to others and always appreciate having a guideline to work with.
03-10-2014, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2014 06:40 AM by ShadowedSin.)
1. What did you think of our two factions? Do you see any problems arising from them, or any good arising from them?

2. What about the Malverines interests you the most?
03-10-2014, 08:18 AM
I think that both of the factions are interesting in their own rights, and I can definitely see how the different views from each faction can play into conflict with the other faction. This is obviously good for someone that enjoys a good share of drama and conflict in their RP, which tends to be a good way to keep things interesting when properly managed. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole concept of spies from either faction working their way into the other, as stuff like that can sometimes get messy and out of hand without careful consideration of what those players can and cannot do within the scope of their position. But just because I haven't seen it work out well in the past doesn't mean that it can't. It just means I haven't seen it yet.

I am interested in the Malverines mostly because I think that I would prefer to play an Exile in the game, as I've found that I prefer their designs and races over the Dominion. In regards to interest in the lore of either faction, I could swing either way really. Both seem very interesting, so the deciding factor really was the In-Game component. I will admit that I am growing rather partial to the idea of a Sons of Anarchy in space style of RP, though I'm not really sure how good I will be at playing a space biker.
03-11-2014, 05:45 AM
1. In our guild we do split our stories into Seasons which each then feature an event obviously named an Episode. What are your thoughts about having Episodic content organized into ongoing story arcs?

2. With that in mind, what do you think about our core story elements such as the Grey Line, Adult RP and how it will affect our stories?
03-11-2014, 12:05 PM
I actually prefer it when guilds have a set structure to the guild story. Without something like that there is no real driving force behind the story of the guild, and things tend to get bogged down and lose focus over time. Having a decided conclusion at the end of each event gives everyone in the guild a chance to decide how their character reacted to the events in the episode, as well as the lingering effects that may result from it.

I think that the idea of the Grey Line is a smart one, since the Devs have gone out of their way to press the idea that neither faction is either good or evil. In the end, what's good to one might be evil to another, so it is best that things are left ambiguous when it comes to morality. That being said though, I think that given the adult nature of the guild's RP that there is ample opportunity for good drama to be developed through the creative application of dastardly deeds, which I would be very interested in providing from time to time.
03-13-2014, 02:35 AM
1. What did you think of the Black Sky (united) history showing both factions in equal light?

2. What were your thoughts on the <Faction> Lore and the themes that we present for them?