Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Genevieve Devitt's Application
03-13-2014, 04:53 PM
RE: Genevieve Devitt's Application
I actually like that the lore of the factions is tied so closely to one another, it makes it so much easier to create stories and intrigue between them. I also feel the the standing animosity between the factions lends itself well to creating rivalries and plots between players on both sides of the conflict. By showing both of the factions in their own positive and negative light however, I feel that the lore seeks to create a much deeper conflict than just good versus evil. It becomes a conflict of ideals and values, of loyalties and ambitions.

I like the lore of both of the factions actually, and I plan to have at least one alt in both of them in time, once I feel that I have gotten to know the rest of the guild better and am confident that my RP fits with the tone of the story. I personally like that the cultures of both factions are so different from the other, offering more than just a mirror copy of the other faction on the other side of the conflict. It also provides another level of conflict between the two factions that operates on a slightly more subtle basis than actively shooting at one another.
03-16-2014, 05:15 AM
Sorry for not posting this earlier!

1. As a member what do you desire from a good guild leader? Give us some examples and let us know what a leader should bring to the table? What about officers?

2. Now what about members in return? What should they do to make the guild a better place?
03-16-2014, 10:34 AM
What I desire most in a good guild leader is someone that will actually lead. I'm not fond of guild leaders that see their position as mostly administrative, and assume that the rest of the guild will take care of driving the RP of the guild. In my opinion, it is the leader of the guild that should be the creative driving force of the guild, providing at the very least a rough guideline of events that the players in the guild can then take and run with in their own stories. A guild leader should always be open to suggestions and ideas from the rest of the guild, but it should be their call in the end how the guild's storyline will play out. To that end, it is the officer's duty to make sure that they are on the same page as the guild leader, and work to make sure that everyone in the guild that is interested in getting involved with the story has ample opportunity to do so. Of course both the guild leader and the officers should be in charge of the administration of the guild as well, but that really should come secondary after their duties as the driving force behind the RP.

For their part, members of the guild should be sure to keep up to date on the goings on within the guild's story so that they can react and contribute in a meaningful way when the time comes. They should do their best to fit their own ideas into the structure of the guild that is presented to them by the guild leader and the officers, and play their part in making the RP as rich and engaging as possible. Beyond that, all members of the guild should be willing to help each other out, whether it be through running dungeons on just sitting down and brainstorming ideas for an upcoming guild event. In the end, we are all just here to have fun, so we should make it our own personal objective to help one another do so.
03-17-2014, 05:00 AM
1. The Malverines are inspired and based upon Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs, basically biker gangs. There is a lot to the culture and we try to keep the sense of that criminal organization while opening up new opportunities. How do you see your character connecting or fitting in with the Club?

2. Do you see yourself as a combative or non-combative or a mix of both for the Club? Would you join your brothers and sisters on a ride, or prefer working a business to earn the Club money?

3. What Club business were you thinking of working for? Or are you thinking of adding your own to boost the revenue for the Club?
03-17-2014, 06:17 AM
After having some time to look through the RP posts that are already on the forum and getting a better idea of what kind of characters are already being played, I'm actually considering changing my role within the organization slightly. Regardless of what I actually decide on though, my character will most definitely be on the morally ambiguous side, favoring concepts like loyalty and honor more so than the letter or even the spirit of the law. She won't be the type that wants to set the world on fire, but she would definitely not have any trouble watching it burn as long as it doesn't effect those that she cares for.

I can see myself being a bit of both in that regard. She would be the type that is more focused on the business and logistics of keeping the club running and making sure that her brothers and sisters in arms are well cared for in terms of gear and amenities. But when it comes time to ride then she would saddle up without hesitation, and dive headlong into the firefight with no small measure of satisfaction.

After looking over the forums a bit, I think that I would actually be interested in playing a role in the saloon, in whatever capacity is available really. I would like to run a little business on the side as well, probably something in the vein of designer drugs for the use of those in the club that want to have an especially good time, or combat drugs for those that are looking to get an edge in an upcoming scrap.
03-17-2014, 07:37 PM
1. We have asked you about our character standard, but let ask something a bit more. BlackSky focuses on creating a immersive, and lore focused storyline. We do not mind some lore bending, but we as a guild focus on trying to remain within the bounds laid out by Carbine, and also the forms of Rp our guild aims to create.

What are your thoughts on this?

2. We are a guild in pre-launch which means our activities mostly focus around forum roleplay, chatroom events, and socializing on Skype, even so most of us are here for the long haul. What is your perspective?
03-17-2014, 07:46 PM
I think that is just perfect for what I hope to get out of the game. I am actually really quite taken by the lore of the game that has been laid out so far and I am really looking forward to working with it to create my own little stories. The same applies to the lore of the guild, since it was the lore of the guild that drew me here in the first place.

It seems perfectly reasonable to me that most of the RP and interactions with everyone before the game is launched would be here in the forums, since I'm sure that not all of us are in the beta at this point. Getting things fleshed out and introductions out of the way before the game is released makes sense to me anyway, as it would allow everyone to jump right into the actual playing of the game when it first releases, since we all know that we're going to be doing it. Having everyone's characters already familiar with one another would allow us a rare opportunity to play through the progression of the game ICly, at least to an extent. I have no problem with Skype, though I really prefer mumble when it comes to chat clients. But I'm willing to work with whatever everyone else is comfortable with.
03-17-2014, 09:14 PM
Thanks Noanetal your app is now up for consideration!
03-18-2014, 01:07 PM
Welcome to the BlackSky, Prospect!

Welcome to the BlackSky Community! As you have just passed our OOC interview the next step is your Roleplay introduction into the BlackSky!

To do this you can join an ongoing active open thread in our forums (ANY OPEN THREAD, check out the OOC Discussion if you need assistance!). You can also Rp your way in via skype with an officer, to do this just ask in here in your application thread or feel free to directly talk to an Officer (use your thread for this if you want to Big Grin). Finally, you can create a new OP in the Long Road forum to get an Rp going!

You will be a full prospect in the guild and on your way to earning your colors!

You can also work on your character bio (totally optional) and feel free to introduce yourself in the intro forum!
03-18-2014, 09:22 PM
Thank you very much for taking this time to consider me! I would love to set up an RP introduction in Skype with one of the officers if that is possible, though I haven't been able to find on the forums where the best times to set up something like that is. I'm pretty flexible when it comes to time though, so I can work my schedule around whenever would be ideal. I'll go ahead and start poking around the forums in either case, so I'm sure we'll figure something out!