Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
[Private] Together Again... [Completed]
05-14-2013, 05:10 AM
RE: [Private] Together Again...
Carna waits patiently and while she is still on edge and anger the hug takes her by surprise. It takes a moment for it to sink in and her to respond. SHe smiles and places and hand on Ryn's head and pets. She then scratches behind his ear before putting her arms around him best as she could to hug him back. Carna herself teared up as well.

"Hmm. Well. Hmm... Now... Are you hungry? We can swing by somewhere to eat, my treat." Carna says interrupting the moment slightly and wipes a tear away from her eye.
05-15-2013, 01:31 AM
Ryn looked up at Carnatia, releived that the storm seemed to have passed, for now. He stopped embracing her, and stepped back to arms length distance.

"I uh.. sure. They have this nice cafe with a space-side observatory not too far from here." Said Ryn. He walks out of the back of the club, and then down the alley towards the better lit open street outside.

"So.. um. Where's mom?" asked Ryn, his voice hopeful.
05-15-2013, 01:53 AM
A big lump appears in her throat, "Back... On Arboria." Carna manages to tell. There was no easy way to break that news to her brother so best to just say it.

"There was a lot of confusion, and a lot of people trying to get on the limited space... But we should be thankful that you and I found each other again. Yes. That is much more cheerful." Carna went on and gets a smile to her brother.

Carna follows Ryn to the cafe. Looked like a lovely little spot.
05-15-2013, 02:24 AM
Ryn shook his head, not wanting to understand, not wanting to realize that his mom wasn't with them. "N..No.." he said, barely a whisper. He had been so hopeful when he saw Carnatia; it was a dream come true. The dream's taint from their mother's absence crushed him. Years ago he had to come to terms with the loss of his family, and now he had to do it again.

Carnatia was right, however. For now, Ryn knew he had to focus on the positive. He did have Carna, and that was more than he could have ever hoped for not thirty minutes ago. Sure, she was his annoying older sister, but Ryn knew she was also reliable and caring. If there was anyone that Ryn would want by his side when things got rough, it was Carna.

So, less laidback now, Ryn enters the cafe. He sits down at a table for two next to a space-side viewing port. The starry background was absolutely gorgeous, and Ryn tried to appreciate the points of white light, the stars, in the deep black of space.
05-15-2013, 02:37 AM
Carna examines her little brother. He had eally done some growing up since Arboria. It was probably since the Dominion first attacked they hadn't seen each other. He was no longer the little kid brother anymore. Well he was, but he certainly looked older and she just couldn't get over that.

"So. JUst tell me... How have you been? WHere have you been? I haven't seen you since our old town was... Well..." Carna stumbled. She didn't know what to say but she wanted to know what Ryn had been up too.

"Oh, and, how in the cosmos did you get a job at a club like that? Don't think I've forgotten. You're not even old enough yet to be doing something if I remember your age!" Carna adds.

The waitress, a Granok woman of all the races you'd think be working in a diner, approaches and gives them menus. "Want do y'want t'drink, dears?" She asks.

"Just a Soda, please." Carna responds then waits for Ryn to give his order, then tell his story.
05-15-2013, 04:17 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2013 04:18 AM by The Defenestrator.)
Ryn looked away from the stars. "I uh.. I'll have coffee." He said, to the waitress.

He then looked back to Carna, and then looked down at the table.

"It.. Well. It hasn't been easy. When I went back home after running away, the only thing there was.. reapers. I was small and only nine though, so I managed to run away. I.. I looked, but couldn't find you or mom anywhere. I managed to get found by some other aurin who were nice enough to get me to the capitol. There were so many refugees.. I didn't know anyone! So when we got rescued, I was with the other refugees. We were taken to this ship, and...

It was hard. The other aurin wanted to make me a part of their families, but I didn't want them, I wanted mom. I kept running away, and one day I met an ex-pathfinder. He.. well, I kind of annoyed him into teaching me things. You know how I was always interested in human things more than anything; well, he taught me those things. I can fix things now, and take them apart and put them back together." Said Ryn.

"No-one really needs a mechanic on this ship, though. I had to make money somehow, and strippers get paid a lot.." Ryn tried to quickly justify his actions. "They don't know I'm 17. I told them that all male aurin look shorter and younger than the girls."
05-15-2013, 04:37 AM
"Well you won't go back there, no matter how 'good' the money is, young man, as long as I am on this ship," Carna replies with authority, "Lying about your age! If anything happened to you there be too many reprercussions I don't even want to think about!"

Their drinks arrive.
05-15-2013, 06:41 AM
Wanting to avoid further discussion on the subject of his employment, Ryn changes the conversation.

"how about you, Carnatia? What happened? How did.. mom..?" He says.

He takes a sip of his drink after thanking the waitress.
05-15-2013, 07:12 AM
Carna doesn't speak a moment to recollect her memories. "The say the Dominion attacked out village, I had been out doing work for old lady Merryberry, you remember right? Well chaos broke out and I couldn't reach our home in time. It had already been burned out... I couldn't find Momma," she pauses and takes a drink, "So I ended up going from town to town looking for her, but nothing. I also looked for you, but everything had fallen to chaos. It was months into the occupation I had given up hope of finding you or Momma. I joined the resistance, I know what you're about to say, even I would have been too young at the time. I was, but with everything going on, I joined a Militia."

Carna pauses again and looks out into the black starry depths of space, "I would go on missions to try and defend homes and the lines, and free captured civilians. Had a run in with the rather nasty Devil Delmonte several times. You might have heard of him, Nasty guy... Sick guy. But we all knew it was a losing fight, then word of Queen Myala's rescue from the Exiles on it's way, we fell back to the Capital. I once again looked for you and Momma and found neither of you. I was fortunate, clearly, to make it into the rescues, as you." Carna pauses and and sadness very evident on her features. "When the rescue vessels ascended from the city, I looked out to see all of our brothers and sisters who were being left behind... and I saw her. I saw Momma. I think she saw me. I begged the crew of the rescue ship I was on to go back for her, but they couldn't..."

Carna sits in silence again, not looking at Ryn. In though remembering Arboria.

"Now, I have a job working in the agricultural fields, in between my helping a Scientist from the Academy... The scientist has also been teaching me new things, kind of like you. Though difficult things. He's an Esper, and well, I guess now you could call me one, or at least I am still in training. But I caught on real quick, like usual," smiles lightly.
05-18-2013, 03:45 AM
Ryn is also sobered by her story, and sips some more coffee. He pauses for a while, thinking. Finally, he thinks of something to say.

"I.. Want you to know that I don't blame you, Carna.. It might not be much, but mom being left behind isn't your fault" Said Ryn, showing an uncommon moment of maturity.

"And, I gotta say. Your new powers are pretty cool. That granok didn't stand a chance!" Ryn says, and then giggles nervously. "I think he was more scared than I was!"