Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Coil Pulsar's Application
04-23-2014, 06:38 AM
Coil Pulsar's Application
About the Player: Coil Pulsar – Given name - Emerita Burton
Main Character Name / Primary Alt Name: (If you only have one character you do not have to state an alt). : No alt at this time
Enjin / WildStar Central Username: (If you use neither please state what other community sites you are active one relating to WildStar): Enjin – Livillia WCU -Emerita
Primary Character / Alts Joining the BlackSky: Coil Pulsar
IM Contacts: (We use Skype primarily)Skype - Bakestondone
What is your primary region / timezone and playtimes?: EST but I work from home so am online from about 0900 to 0200 daily
Are you eighteen or older? (Please state your age if you can.): Yes. 43

Did you read and do you agree to abide by our Rules and Policy? : I have read and agree.

Where did you find us and why do we stand out? : I found mention of you on the wildstar-Roleplay forums on Enjin. Perhaps I am just a rebel at heart? When I played Anarchy Online, many, many, years ago we had a swoop gang which was based and run on a similar concept and I enjoyed it quite a bit. This harkened me back to those times.

Would you like to join our Guild Skype Group? And or the Guild Mailing List? Yes, I would be interested in both

Are you a member of any additional guilds, circles, warplots etc? No.

What are your primary playstyles? (Casual / Medium / Hardcore RP, PvP, Social, PvE, Raiding, Dungeons, Crafting): I admit that I am a hard core Rper who enjoys my roleplay more than the game itself in many cases. I play the game for the social aspect and for the Roleplay to be found within it. My favorite activity within the game that is not RP is PvP.

About Roleplay
What is your roleplaying experience? : I started Rping when a friends older brother introduced us to the original boxed set of Chainmail, before D&D was released. It was 1993 when I first started Rping online in the Green Dragon Tavern in AOL. I rp'd through various online forums and play by email games until 2000 and my discovery of Anarchy Online. I played the heck out of that game and was eventually highered by Funcom to write lore and missions for two of their expansions.

From AO I moved to Star Wars Galaxies and spent many years helping to form the tapestry of rich RP we had there. Since that time I have dabbled in every MMO which appears to have RP concessions built into it in hopes of, once again, finding that spark of good RP and game mechanics to make me fall in love with it once more.

What are your primary Roleplay Limits?: I have no real limits with Roleplay concepts as long as they fit into the lore of the genre. If the results are physical I would prefer it is discussed ahead of time to be done in a tasteful manner. I would prefer there was no perma death until rename tokens are available in game.

Are you okay with the R rated (content in our guild contains adult language, violent situations, partial nudity, narcotics) nature of our Roleplay?: That is fine with me, I am no prude.

What do IC Consequences mean to you? Would you be willing to deal with the consequences listed in our lore? Such as humiliation? OR even being beaten within an inch of life or worse?: IC Actions = IC Consequences is one of the main axioms which I RP by. If you act like an idiot or break the rules IC you deserve to reap the punishments you earned.

Would you be willing to take consequences if your character left the Club or Agency and warranted them?: Yes.

About the Character
NOTE: If you are unsure about a main character at this point, answer these questions as best you can to help us understand you a bit.
What is your character's name / race / class / path?: Coil Pulsar / Human /Spellslinger / Settler

What faction is your character joining?: Exiles
(You may place alts and your main in either the Malverines or the Sovereigns, or both if the character is a spy and you speak to an officer.)

Tell us a bit about your character's personality, include three strengths and three weaknesses.

Coil was born onboard the ship Pulsar's Folly owned by and run by her parents with the primary mission of engineering services to other ships in the Exile fleet and to colonies on Nexus. She is the third eldest of seven children, Five boys and two girls, and due to this she may have developed the patience of a saint when dealing with them as they grew up. Growing up she knew that she would not be named chief engineer of Pulsar's Folly as her brother's were as keen as her father was on fixing the mighty engines of space ships. Seeing the writing on the wall as she grew she turned her talents to other, more subtle arts.

While she traveled from ship to ship as an engineer's assistant she would ask questions of her fellow Exiles gaining their trust and finding out what it was they needed most and what they had too much of they were willing to get rid of. She continued this practice and eventually turned it into her side business within Pulsar's Folly Engineering.

What is left for a person who trades all things to all people while trying to keep the practice hidden at all times? Overindulgence of course. A few too many drugs, powerful alcoholics, plants with a mild hallucinogenic effect. You name it she probably tried it once, and then once again to make sure that it wasn't just a one off effect.

Once you smuggle a highly unstable solvent through an asteroid field while dodging a meteor shower successfully, there isn't much else left that gives you that buzz and you will probably continue to tell anyone who asks about how frigging cool it was. You will also, sadly, probably continue to try to achieve that high of the ages through your further actions.

Strengths: Patience, Fast talker, Likable
Weaknesses: Thrill seeker, Overindulgence, Wise ass

What would your characters occupation or job within their faction? Are they employed by a guild business or have their own? : Coil has continued to assist her families Engineering company while working her sideline “Merchandise Acquisition” firm.

Why would this character join or become a Prospect of either the Malverines of the Sovereigns? : At age twenty five she's gotten about as far as she can go with her own, one man company, and is now too old to be used as a babysitter to her teenage siblings. She wants desperately to get out from under the Burton Thumb of her father and brothers and do something more with her life.
04-23-2014, 04:57 PM
RE: Coil Pulsar's Application
1. What are your thoughts about conflict resolution and drama in general? In that regard what did you think of our rules?

2. We as a guild focus on building a sense of brotherhood and guild identity, and how to bring members closer together in our collective community. What are your thoughts on that?

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
04-24-2014, 01:22 AM
1. What are your thoughts about conflict resolution and drama in general? In that regard what did you think of our rules?

Having studied Conflict Resolution heavily in college I am a firm believer that communication will stop much trouble from happening before things get to the drama stage. It means having an open two way dialog between active participating leaders and members who feel comfortable enough to speak to them. Will it stop all drama from happening? No. There are always people who are narcissistic enough they don't care who they hurt because its just “A game online”.

To be perfectly blunt here, I don't DO drama. I'm old and too stressed in real life to be able to coddle some kid with attention issues. I have no trouble helping a new Rper learn the appropriate behavior for Rping and interacting with others but known offenders get one chance with me to show they have changed and then they are no longer treated seriously. Mind you this is not the same to planed and coordinated conflict RP IC. That's a different monster as it is in character.

With all honestly I love the rules. They don't only cover the basics of guild loot or an open statement about “Being excellent to each other” They go into details of how not to be a dick to members and the community in general. I have been heavy involved in the RP community of MMO's for over ten years and you know as well as I that they are often the home of “special snowflakes” who arn't happy unless they are causing drama or making other people's lives miserable. They often use the lack of pointed rules of courtesy and proper behavior as an excuse for their actions. These rules address most large infringements pointedly enough they can be used and pointed to when correcting behavior.

2. We as a guild focus on building a sense of brotherhood and guild identity, and how to bring members closer together in our collective community. What are your thoughts on that?

I am an old school Rper and in my mind that means that guildies get things for free that I craft, they help each other, they watch each other's backs IC and OOC and they are a shoulder to cry on if someone is in need of one. I believed in these things before the days of actually using voice communications and chatting all day long together in Vent or when guild chat was all OOC and IC was only in spacial. In a virtual world of conflict your guild should be that bastion of support and espri de corps.
04-24-2014, 05:41 AM
1. Our guild has an open freedom of character types, but we ask that characters have a strong tie to the guild before earning their full membership that fits the theme of their chosen faction, and also follow our Character Standards, what are your thoughts on this?

2. We asked you about R rated content, your Rp limits and consequences. Can you tell me why these are important things to ask someone?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
04-24-2014, 06:03 AM
1. Our guild has an open freedom of character types, but we ask that characters have a strong tie to the guild before earning their full membership that fits the theme of their chosen faction, and also follow our Character Standards, what are your thoughts on this?

A guild is a unifier. When a guild is just a family or nonRP guild you want to make sure people are of a like mind when it comes to the things they wish to do within a game be it PvE, PvP or Raiding. Usually these guilds draw from friends and family of members or people who PUG'd successfully with guild members or had a fun conversation with them in zone chat. Like minded people get along in many cases.

When you are dealing with an RP guild you have another factor to bring into the mix. In this case it's the guild direction. You must make sure that the characters which are applying to the guild are a good fit within the guild. Just like you would not want a ravaging serial murder in a guild dedicated to policing the populace you would'nt want a character who couldn't take a bit of rough and tumble to be in a Gang guild.

As the creators and leaders of the guild you have a vision of what you want the guild to undertake and how you wish for it to develop throughout the RP career of it. It's imperative to a solid guild to make sure that the members fit together to benefit the overall growth of the guild.

2. We asked you about R rated content, your Rp limits and consequences. Can you tell me why these are important things to ask someone?

Everyone has their “buttons”. Real life is what it is and it always comes before life online but you don't know mine and I don't know your buttons; the things which cause you to be uncomfortable. Be it related to real life events, phobia, religious reserves or just personal preference, it doesn’t matter folks have preferences. It's an important part of communication to understand where that line is with people who you will be Rping with on a daily basis when you are working towards guild plotlines and even personal stories. That, of course, is if you are speaking about personal limits in regards to what topics are forbidden when Rping with others.

If, conversely, you are speaking about limits on powers and the consequences which arise from metagaming or “godmodding” that is something totally different. To this I will say a line which I have been using for years when speaking about RP plot lines. That is, Winning is boring. When you always win and never loose there is no challenge or growth to your characters or your plotlines. Without growth you pretty much just end up a solid brick rather than a moldable piece of clay. Taking the good with the bad and being willing to take that punishment IC when your character's path leads them to do something that is against the rules is part of the game; part of the Rules of RP.
04-24-2014, 08:04 AM
1. What did you think of our two factions? Do you see any problems arising from them, or any good arising from them?

2. What about the Malverines interests you the most?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
04-24-2014, 08:25 AM
1. What did you think of our two factions? Do you see any problems arising from them, or any good arising from them?

The concept of the high tech megacorp or Society versus the renegades scraping to make do and fight the bigger enemy is an eternal story premiss. As a writer for sci fi and fantasy games I see it as a premiss and my mouth starts to water. Perhaps it harkens me back to my first MMORPG Anarchy Online or maybe it is just the Space Opera mythic cycle which Joseph Campbell considered a backbone of myth as we know it.

With the bad guy vs good guy concept it always helps to have your very own seeded opposition to Rp with when creating more long term episodic story conflicts. You know when you go against them that OOC they have the same rules for interacting with others that you do, you, perhaps are familiar with their alts on your side, but, you do know that there will be an easy way to communicate through questions and more complex RP scenarios. In this regard it is very handy to work with.

In my TOR guild it proved to be a mixed blessing. We had a version of our guild on both factions and it ended up that while one side flourished the other side died and so on throughout the history of the game. There was never a time when both sides were active enough in order to RP against the other side. We were great in numbers when on one side or the other but mixing we just didn't have the interest.

By recruiting separately and keeping the guilds within the Black Sky separate entities with different ideals IC and different objectives I think you will minimize the above issues.

2. What about the Malverines interests you the most?

To be honest I was most drawn to the tight night camaraderie described in the Biker Gang ethos. The Gang is a family which works towards the total betterment of the gang as a whole. This ideal works well when faced with a hostile environment. Knowing that you can back up your brother or sister in leather when a bar fight breaks out or when someone tries to shoot them in the back and steal their ride is a good feeling. Also, I will admit that having a female toon who won't have to be a back bitch or an old lady but rather the ability to stand on my toons own two feet is also endearing.

Maybe it's just that I've been burned out by too much traitor or defection RP in ToR and I am looking forward to a guild environment where folks are working With each other and not Against each other is what I crave for this fun game.
04-24-2014, 09:44 PM
1. In our guild we do split our stories into Seasons which each then feature an event obviously named an Episode. What are your thoughts about having Episodic content organized into ongoing story arcs?

2. With that in mind, what do you think about our core story elements such as the Grey Line, Adult RP and how it will affect our stories?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
04-25-2014, 12:15 AM
1. In our guild we do split our stories into Seasons which each then feature an event obviously named an Episode. What are your thoughts about having Episodic content organized into ongoing story arcs?

Even with the most hardcore Rpers in a guild of the best of friends an ongoing story focusing on one topic or one goal obsessively will, eventually, wear people down to the nub. Two guilds, in the past, I have been a part of fell prey to this issue and fell apart as a result. The guild leader created a storyline which was centered around themselves entirely causing something bad to happen to the character. After three months of an “absent” leader and a constant search which ended, always, futilely the guild was tired and bored. It ended when the guild imploded and people just stopped logging in.

To make the above example not end in tears for all the guild leader would have had better results with a set end date with a general story arc laid out within it. Seasons keep things fresh and it keeps the actors within it heading towards the story rather than praying that it would end so they can get on with their own lives. As you can tell I am keen on the idea of clear progress points where the story is moved forward towards a different agenda.

2. With that in mind, what do you think about our core story elements such as the Grey Line, Adult RP and how it will affect our stories?

I think this hearkens back to an earlier answer in some regards which is winning is boring. In the same regard being a constantly “good” or “bad” character starts to wear on good Rpers. Character depth, to me, is about having a well rounded character who I understand enough to write into any situation be it a torture scene, a hot sex scene against a bar, or a tearful confession. It's about taking your character as a whole rather than just “the bitch” or “the angel”.

As with the episodic stories that keep the RP changed up by using different topics to keep members engaged having a character which can play the whole gambit of emotion keeps them from being a cut out or paper doll character. It's much the same reason that I have few, if any, taboo subjects under which I will RP my characters. Life is hard on Nexus. They are in a war on a hostile land with hostile animals trying to eat their face and other less than savory folks trying to take advantage of them. It's no heaven, stories should reflect that.
04-25-2014, 05:38 AM
1. What did you think of the Black Sky (united) history showing both factions in equal light?

2. What were your thoughts on the Malverines Lore and the themes that we present for them?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser