Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Application: Crux
04-24-2014, 06:00 AM
Application: Crux
Malverines Application

About the Player
Main Character Name / Primary Alt Name: Crux
Enjin / WildStar Central Username: Shrine (Enjin)
Primary Character / Alts Joining the BlackSky: Crux
IM Contacts: (We use Skype primarily) Will update this later (can't remember Smile)
What is your primary region / timezone and playtimes? West Coast, Pacific Standard time. Playtimes are 8pm evenings and on
Are you eighteen or older? (Please state your age if you can.) Yes (39)

Did you read and do you agree to abide by our Rules and Policy? Yes

Where did you find us and why do we stand out? http://www.wildstar-roleplay.com/ Specifically went to that site to find an rp guild to join.

Would you like to join our Guild Skype Group? And or the Guild Mailing List? Sure

Are you a member of any additional guilds, circles, warplots etc? Not right now, but thinking of joining a raid/warplots group/circle.

What are your primary playstyles?
Currently? Light RP, PvP, PvE, Raiding, Dungeons, Crafting. In otherwords, YES! I would like to get into heavier RP.

About Roleplay
What is your roleplaying experience?
I've forum RP a lot in City of Heroes, SWTOR and Tera, but haven't really RPed much in game. Only a few times in both CoH and Tera even though I always pick an RP server to play with. I do wish to RP more though.
Tabletop, My first roleplaying experience was Top Secret in high school. That paved the way to AD&D 2nd edition, Marvel Super Heroes, Ninjas and Superspies, Shadowrun, Palladium, White Wolf, etc, etc. I don't tabletop RP anymore, but its mainly because I live so far away from my friends that do.

What are your primary Roleplay Limits?
I'm usually up to anything in RPing. Except for ERP. Don't really have a desire to do that.

Are you okay with the R rated (content in our guild contains adult language, violent situations, partial nudity, narcotics) nature of our Roleplay?
Yes

What do IC Consequences mean to you? Would you be willing to deal with the consequences listed in our lore? Such as humiliation? OR even being beaten within an inch of life or worse?
Yes. I actually enjoy it... not in a bad way! I love characters and stories that test the human will/build character. The best example I can give is what happens to characters in a Dragonball Z story or the movie Payback with Mel Gibson. A hero that can still end up outsmarting his opponents even when he is close to death. Overturning the odds in that way is cool to me.

Would you be willing to take consequences if your character left the Club or Agency and warranted them?
(Could be a simple as being banned from guild IC hubs, or being openedly mocked, or worse.)
Yes, I think that is a character building trait myself. For example if a character got expelled or suspended for doing something. It could be a great story building experience not only for that character, but also how the other characters in the guild deal with that in character.

About the Character
NOTE: If you are unsure about a main character at this point, answer these questions as best you can to help us understand you a bit.
What is your character's name / race / class / path?
Name Crux
Race: Granok
Class: Medic (1st choice) or Warrior depending on beta
Path: TBD

What faction is your character joining?
Exile, the Malverines

Tell us a bit about your character's personality, include three strengths and three weaknesses.

(Based on the medic class) Crux had always been fascinated by technology. Growing up, he knew of the stories the elder mercenaries told about their exile from their homeworld. And while he has a hard time not knowing what his home was like, he knew that knowledge of the universe would improve his lot in life. The mercenary life is ingrained into all Granoks from a young age and Crux loves money.

Joining a loosely formed group of Granok mercenary scientist (yeah... imagine that), Crux began going out into the universe as a mercenary learning what he can about the different lifeforms, planets, cultures, and technologies. This had Crux joining scientific expeditions, raiding technological corporations, attacking research facilities, selling exotic weapons and taking on mercenary jobs with a scientific bent.

Everything he learned taught him not only how to be a better fighter, but also how to make any crew he was in a better crew as well. People who fight with him become stronger, could heal quicker, fight harder for longer periods of time. He became what others would call a combat medic. Crux saw it as an advantageous use of his applied sciences for combat... but not in so many words.

While Crux is usually cheerful, even in a bad situation, there are two things that drive him. First is his is his love of power. Everything else leads back to this. Knowledge is power to Crux, and the more knowledge he gains, the more power he has. Power to make more money, power to become better in combat, power to improve his allies’ chances to succeed any fight. The more money he makes, the more he learns , the more power he craves. This isn't a quest of power to dominate or power to rule/lead. This is power to make everything better for his crew. The power, he believes, to win the fight. And... of course, the Dominion can't just claim anything they want.

As implied above, his second weakness is money. He likes to think of everything in terms of gold and copper. Yes, he cares for his friends/crew and will do anything for them... but if he can make some money at the same time...

As an example, think of him as a mixture between Terry Crews (serious/fun exterior) and Jayne Cobb (mercenary/money).

Strengths:
1. Cheerful and unwavering. Loves to sit back and laugh. Has a tendency to joke around.
2. Calm and collected in tense situations.
3. Mercenary code of honor

Weaknesses:
1: Has a drive for power (not really leadership) in combat (Weapons, Technology, Eldan relics)
2: Weakness for money (Mercenary attitude), always had money on his mind.
3. While knows about science, he struggles with the theoretical aspects of it. Not book smart, but more of an applications type (more MacGyver, less Einstein)

What would your characters occupation or job within their faction? Are they employed by a guild business or have their own?
Mercenary (everyone loves a medic)
Money maker (He knows the financial application of knowledge)
Weapons dealer (See previous point)
Bouncer

Why would this character join or become a Prospect of either the Malverines of the Sovereigns?
He has left his previous merc company because he feels that Nexus is a place where he can improve himself. (His old crew has let to try their luck in a different part of the galaxy and they know knowledge is what drives him.) He sees himself as wanting to lay roots while exploring the money making possibilities of this new planet. He also wants to find a new crew that he can trust. One that is as good as or better than his old crew, and feels that the Malverines could be just that.
04-24-2014, 08:02 AM
RE: Application: Crux
1. What are your thoughts about conflict resolution and drama in general? In that regard what did you think of our rules?

2. We as a guild focus on building a sense of brotherhood and guild identity, and how to bring members closer together in our collective community. What are your thoughts on that?

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
04-24-2014, 08:23 AM
App questions:

1. What are your thoughts about conflict resolution and drama in general? In that regard what did you think of our rules?

I think the rules you have established are great. It is more in-depth than what I have seen most guild publish for it's members. I believe the rules are there so that we all get along. Especially in a world where we don't even really know each other at first and we are supposed to act as a unit.

I really hope that a conflict between two people gets resolved before it becomes a real issue. As long as they have mutual respect for each other (doesn't mean they have to have the same point of view), I believe that conflicts can be resolved. Worst case scenario, they may have to pull one more person in (an officer) to help resolve that conflict. As long as it doesn't spill out to the group in a negative way. I may have too much faith in people that things can be resolved before it gets bad.

As for myself, I tend not to take things too seriously. I do see this as a game and as a way to entertain myself, and while anyone may get frustrated over something, we all have the option to step away for a moment, take a moment and remember why we are playing in the first place.

2. We as a guild focus on building a sense of brotherhood and guild identity, and how to bring members closer together in our collective community. What are your thoughts on that?

I actually think that both the guild and the RP group itself focuses on the sense of brotherhood with the Biker/Gang motif. I think this is great. That bond is what makes a good game better.

The three most important things about an MMO to me are gameplay, lore and the sense of community. I've seen the community in general and the guild in particular is what makes a player continue to play a game far longer than they expect. So I feel this is a great thing to focus on.

When I'm in a guild, I take a lot of things for granted. I take for granted that guild members want to help each other out. I take for granted that we want everyone in that guild to succeed in whatever it is that we do, and I also take for granted that we cheer each other on. These are the people that are going to have my back, just as much as I'm going to have theirs.
04-24-2014, 09:15 PM
1. Our guild has an open freedom of character types, but we ask that characters have a strong tie to the guild before earning their full membership that fits the theme of their chosen faction, and also follow our Character Standards, what are your thoughts on this?

2. We asked you about R rated content, your Rp limits and consequences. Can you tell me why these are important things to ask someone?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
04-25-2014, 01:52 AM
1. Our guild has an open freedom of character types, but we ask that characters have a strong tie to the guild before earning their full membership that fits the theme of their chosen faction, and also follow our Character Standards, what are your thoughts on this?

I think this is necessary, especially with this type of a group. We are in a gang. We have to get along or (if this was SOA) we would either have to turn in our colors, or we would be killed, depending on what we did.

In IC, we are a gang. In that gang, there has to be a reason you belong. And it's not just brotherhood or sense of family, but also what you can contribute. RPwise, this makes perfect sense.

OOC, we joined because of the motif. We should be able to fit our character in the greater canvas of what this story is. We are all in this great cast and if you are not contributing by RPing within the guidelines of the story/guild, then you aren't really rping with the group but against the greater story. So I believe that this is something that we should all adhere to for the great stories that we can produce.

2. We asked you about R rated content, your Rp limits and consequences. Can you tell me why these are important things to ask someone?

Because it is important that we are all comfortable in this setting. One of the main influences for this guild is SOA. If we aren't comfortable with at least that level of content, then this may not be the guild for you.

Also, if there are particular sensitivities that members may have, it's important to know so that we can all be more caring, and delicate around those topics if we choose to include it into our story telling.
04-25-2014, 06:24 AM
1. What did you think of our two factions? Do you see any problems arising from them, or any good arising from them?

2. What about the Malverines interests you the most?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
04-25-2014, 06:28 AM
1. What did you think of our two factions? Do you see any problems arising from them, or any good arising from them?

I think the two factions are really good. I was actually interested in both but decided on the Malverines just because I wanted to create a Granok. I love the motif of both, but I was wondering how you would balance out one side not being greater/gets more win than the other.

The only problem I see is if one side "feels" that they are losing too much over another. Other than that, I like how the story is going. I'm also interested in seeing how the dynamic will work when we are writing our stories.

2. What about the Malverines interests you the most?

Everything that seems to influence the story of the club interests me. The idea of a Sons of Anarchy/Firefly type group, with a Battle Chasers look, fighting in a technology/fantasy world. The stories that can come out of it just with the world, the interactions with the different groups and the like is really cool.

Also the idea that we are renegades that is "Us Against the World" is a good motivator. Knowing that the guy beside me is a ride or die brother or sister makes for some good stories that I'm excited about.
04-25-2014, 09:04 AM
1. In our guild we do split our stories into Seasons which each then feature an event obviously named an Episode. What are your thoughts about having Episodic content organized into ongoing story arcs?

2. With that in mind, what do you think about our core story elements such as the Grey Line, Adult RP and how it will affect our stories?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
04-25-2014, 10:11 AM
1. In our guild we do split our stories into Seasons which each then feature an event obviously named an Episode. What are your thoughts about having Episodic content organized into ongoing story arcs?

I think having episodic content is great. It allows people to focus on one group storyline with a goal and knowing that there is a beginning, middle and end. Also, when I think of my character stories, I think of things in terms of episodes/seasons or chapters/books. It allows me to have a way to organize the stories in my head and you can quickly refer to an event in the past by the name of the episode if you like.

2. With that in mind, what do you think about our core story elements such as the Grey Line, Adult RP and how it will affect our stories?

I think it will give us plenty of directions to go with our stories. It will allow our characters to go through a range of emotions and to interact with all types of situations in our stories, both good and bad.

It will also make our characters deeper than just a typical stereotype. This makes for great stories.
04-28-2014, 06:50 AM
1. What did you think of the Black Sky (united) history showing both factions in equal light?

2. What were your thoughts on the Malverines Lore and the themes that we present for them?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser