Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Application: Crux
04-28-2014, 01:26 PM
RE: Application: Crux
1. What did you think of the Black Sky (united) history showing both factions in equal light?

I think that is great. A shared history gives us a good grasp of the conflict between the two sides. I think it is imperative that both are shown in an equal light so that any people that join either side of the guild don't feel left out. It also fleshes out the reasons why each side fights from their perspectives.

Some of the best stories that you read, listen to or watch are the ones where you see both sides of the conflict and you can empathize with both of them. The Wire was a show that I think did this extremely well. You saw both the good and bad sides of Law Enforcement and the criminal element. You empathized with the gangs and their plights and you see the cops trying so hard to stop crime, but could sometimes do things more evil than than the bad guys.

This makes for great stories (love great stories) and something that the Sovereigns and Malverines can play off each other.

2. What were your thoughts on the Malverines Lore and the themes that we present for them?

I like that these are clearly spelled out for everyone and the main reason I wanted to join the guild.

This automatically tells me that there is a well thought out history for both sides, that the character themes will be brotherhood, that we know things can go bad or good depending on the story and anything else that we would like to know about where the guild stories will go.
04-29-2014, 05:25 AM
1. As a member what do you desire from a good guild leader? Give us some examples and let us know what a leader should bring to the table? What about officers?

2. Now what about members in return? What should they do to make the guild a better place?

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
04-29-2014, 07:43 AM
1. As a member what do you desire from a good guild leader? Give us some examples and let us know what a leader should bring to the table? What about officers?

I have been in many different guilds with different levels of leadership. Most of the guilds I've joined are smaller guilds except for two (one in WoW which was a progression guild and the other in GW2).

For me, good leader is someone that 1. is available to it's members 2. answer questions that people may have 3. conflict resolution 4. be the guild cheerleader 5. help others have fun.

A good guild leader is one that can do all of the above relatively well. A great one is one that empowers its officers to help the leader in all their tasks. If a guild leader has a great group of people surrounding them, then the battle is mostly won.

*One thing that everyone should know is that a guild leader can't be everything for everyone. Even if that guild leader wants to. It's the fastest way that someone can burn out.

2. Now what about members in return? What should they do to make the guild a better place?

One half of the lifeblood of the guild is the guild leader and the officers. The other half is the members. Most of the time, members just want to show up and be catered to. They forget that the guild leader and officers are here to play the game just as well.

If members participate, are helpful, and friendly towards everyone else, than that guild does a great job and feels like a home. We may still have struggles, instances of a bad player in the guild, boredom and the like, but if the majority of it's members care for the guild, then I feel the guild will be fine.
04-29-2014, 10:12 PM
1. The Malverines are inspired and based upon Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs, basically biker gangs. There is a lot to the culture and we try to keep the sense of that criminal organization while opening up new opportunities. How do you see your character connecting or fitting in with the Club?

2. Do you see yourself as a combative or non-combative or a mix of both for the Club? Would you join your brothers and sisters on a ride, or prefer working a business to earn the Club money?

3. What Club business were you thinking of working for? Or are you thinking of adding your own to boost the revenue for the Club?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
04-30-2014, 01:53 AM
1. The Malverines are inspired and based upon Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs, basically biker gangs. There is a lot to the culture and we try to keep the sense of that criminal organization while opening up new opportunities. How do you see your character connecting or fitting in with the Club?

*Please note that I have two character concepts in mind based on the needs of the guild from a gameplay standpoint. Tank (warrior) or healer (medic). Was leaning towards healer, so this answer is from that healer concept perspective. I may tone this down a bit as I flesh out my character's concept because this character is sounding more and more like he should be a Mordesh scientist since they are more technology based...

Crux is a technological information dealer. He loves finding new technology and either selling it or weaponizing it. While this may sound grandiose, Crux' dealings is more at a street level. While making money is his priority, any information he finds that have a country, state, world or universe implications, he sends a copy to the Granoks and then morally decides if he should sell it or not. If the implications are more of a city to street level (can modify a weapon, make a better onslaught drug that warriors can use, etc) he will either make it himself or sell it to someone who can do that for him.

In the end, he wants to earn and sell. This is what he can bring to the club. For himself, he just wants to make money and become a better fighter. If there is a way he can earn enough money without selling, then he will do that as well.

2. Do you see yourself as a combative or non-combative or a mix of both for the Club? Would you join your brothers and sisters on a ride, or prefer working a business to earn the Club money?

Crux loves combat. If he wasn't into technology, he could see himself being just a regular soldier or fighting in pits for money. He hates that tendency and tries to just focus on making money. But he is always down for a good fight.

As for hanging out with his brother and sisters, that is an aspect he will have to learn to do.

3. What Club business were you thinking of working for? Or are you thinking of adding your own to boost the revenue for the Club?

This is something that he is looking to learn. He doesn't have much knowledge in being in a gang, but he knows its very similar to being in a squad. Joining up with one, he is open to learn what he can, but if he can continue doing what he knows and bring in scratch for the club, that is what he will try to do. Now if the club needs to send out hired muscle as well...
04-30-2014, 03:34 AM
1. We have asked you about our character standard, but let ask something a bit more. BlackSky focuses on creating a immersive, and lore focused storyline. We do not mind some lore bending, but we as a guild focus on trying to remain within the bounds laid out by Carbine, and also the forms of Rp our guild aims to create.

What are your thoughts on this?

2. We are a guild in pre-launch which means our activities mostly focus around forum roleplay, chatroom events, and socializing on Skype, even so most of us are here for the long haul. What is your perspective?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
04-30-2014, 05:21 AM
1. We have asked you about our character standard, but let ask something a bit more. BlackSky focuses on creating a immersive, and lore focused storyline. We do not mind some lore bending, but we as a guild focus on trying to remain within the bounds laid out by Carbine, and also the forms of Rp our guild aims to create.

What are your thoughts on this?

I think this is great. I really feel that what our characters can do in our RP stories should be limited to the things that are characters can do in-game. Yes, there are game limitations like I can't grab another character by the scuff of his collar and hold him up, but we do in rp should be pheasible in game.

Your character shouldn't find the Greatsword of Badassery and take out a whole platoon of Dominion soldiers all at once. Or shoot an exile fugitive 2 miles away using the spellslingers pistol while using a blindfold. Or find the Ultimate Ray Gun of Eldan Tech and destroy the moon... well unless you did find it in a raid in-game and actually did that... then I guess that would work.

In the end, we are RPing in this world that Carbine created for us, so we should be limited to what classes we select and what rules they set up in game so that we all have a framework to work off of. I'm perfectly find for us and we have a ready made guideline for character and lore imitations with the game.

2. We are a guild in pre-launch which means our activities mostly focus around forum roleplay, chatroom events, and socializing on Skype, even so most of us are here for the long haul. What is your perspective?

I want to be here for the long haul. I typically stay long term on an MMO when I start. I played CoH for almost it's full run when the game was out. WoW I didn't RP in it so only lasted a year. In SWTOR, I lasted for as long as my guild lasted (but I still love/hate the game. We can talk about that sometime). And Tera, while I love the world, didn't appeal to me long term. And GW2 I still play right now since the game launched. I'm not in an RP guild, but I still play the game all the time. Most other games were short term involvements.

Wildstar has the elements that I really love as a game. From a solo perspective, a pvp perspective, a lore and genre perspective and hopefully an RP perspective. I've been itching to really RP this time around and enjoy being with a group of rpers so I can learn, so I can't wait to get started. In the end, I do plan to be here for the long haul. Especially with like minded players.

I have already pre-ordered, playing in the beta (to figure out if I like playing a medic or warrior), got my brothers to fork out some cash to also pick up the game... so yeah. I'm planning to be here for the long haul.
04-30-2014, 10:43 PM
Awesome your app is now up for consideration, you can now ask some questions if you would like.

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-01-2014, 12:30 AM
1. Server names haven't been announced yet, but we know we are at least getting one RP-PVE Server. If there is more than one, is the goal to be on whichever server is designated as the "unofficial" main RP server?

2. (I kinda mentioned this in forum chat) How important are in-game roles (Tanker/Healer) for the in-game RP? Do you plan to RP dungeons, shiphand missions or adventures for example?

3. Does the guild have any end game aspirations? Even if it's months down the road, or is it more of a venue for RP stories?
For example. I was in a Heavy RP guild where the guild leader, who had been playing for 2+ years in the game, had never done a "hard mode" instance or raid. He did have one of each class at max level, but end game was never his thing. I'm not saying that is good or bad (I'm not much of a raider myself) but I just want to see what is your take as the guild leader speaking for the guild.
05-01-2014, 02:35 AM
1. The goal for the server decision is to currently wait and see, for now. We have a designated protocol for choosing a server which includes seeing where parts of the community goes. If there is only one RP-PvE server we'll just go there.

2. Not much, however if you want to be a spellslinger play a spellslinger. Don't make up special powers on the spot to explain some random thing. We plan to use dungeons, shiphand, and a adventures in our Rp as best we can.

3. We have Elder Game interest, but we aren't doing as some sort of competitive focus. Its a means to have fun, and to attempt something as a guild.

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser