Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Application: Skia
04-26-2014, 09:59 AM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2014 10:11 AM by Drazhar.)
Application: Skia
About the Player
Main Character Name / Primary Alt Name: Main: Drazhar
Enjin / WildStar Central Username: Auditorei
Primary Character / Alts Joining the BlackSky:Drazhar
IM Contacts: Skype: Shiroba/irritated_ipod1
What is your primary region / timezone and playtimes? North America / East Coast. Typically on and off all weekend, with limited time on weekdays.
Are you eighteen or older? (Please state your age if you can.)
Yes, 19
Did you read and do you agree to abide by our Rules and Policy?
Yes
Where did you find us and why do we stand out?
I found the advertisement on Wildstar Central and you looked like you had the most promising Dominion guild I could find.
Would you like to join our Guild Skype Group? And or the Guild Mailing List?
Yes to the Skype Group, no to the mailing list.
Are you a member of any additional guilds, circles, warplots etc?
None.
What are your primary playstyles?
(Casual / Medium / Hardcore RP, PvP, Social, PvE, Raiding, Dungeons, Crafting)
Medium-Hardcore RP, with (mostly) casual PvP/PvE
About Roleplay
What is your roleplaying experience?
(We are newbie friendly, if you need help we will teach you).
Started roleplaying at around the time WotLK hit WoW, and continued on to SWTOR since launch, and Guild Wars 2 as well. All in all, about 6 years of experience.
What are your primary Roleplay Limits?
I'm fairly open to just about anything, save for excessive amounts of ERP. If I was, I'd be looking for an ERP guild.

Are you okay with the R rated (content in our guild contains adult language, violent situations, partial nudity, narcotics) nature of our Roleplay? Yes

What do IC Consequences mean to you? Would you be willing to deal with the consequences listed in our lore? Such as humiliation? OR even being beaten within an inch of life or worse? IC Consequences mean your character has to take responsibility for their actions, and be rewarded / punished as such. And of course, as that should be more than expected.

Would you be willing to take consequences if your character left the Club or Agency and warranted them?
Yes

About the Character
NOTE: If you are unsure about a main character at this point, answer these questions as best you can to help us understand you a bit.
What is your character's name / race / class / path? Drazhar, Cassian, Stalker, Explorer

What faction is your character joining?
Sovereigns / Dominion

Tell us a bit about your character's personality, include three strengths and three weaknesses. Firstly, this is still a WIP, so it is subject to change a little here and there. His personality largely fits that of the Draken culture as a whole, which (for a lack of better words) is being aggressive and to-the-point, along with some other things. In contrast, however, he still carries the pride of being a Cassian with him, although he grew up with the Draken most of his teenage life. Now onto strengths, Drazhar's dedication to whatever task he sets his mind to is nearly unquenchable. If there's a problem with his original plan, he can quickly find a way to work around it. He also has a rather healthy insight into Draken culture and mannerisms, some of it having rubbed off on himself. Finally, he's an expert when it comes to close combat, mostly due to his training under the Draken. Now, in terms of weaknesses, his own determination to whatever he feels the need to accomplish often dictates his thoughts, which can lead to him having "tunnel-vision" when it comes to various tasks. He also has a strict hatred toward Aurin, which mostly comes from their almost animal-like appearance, and he doesn't quite see them as people because of it. Finally, once his blood has been drawn, he sees it as a challenge to take out whoever drew that blood, making an exception (only rarely) with higher-ranking officers. This, again, contributes to a sort of "tunnel vision" he has.

What would your characters occupation or job within their faction? Are they employed by a guild business or have their own? As far as exploration is concerned, he's busy being a cartographer and tracker. While this is his primary profession, he'll still go out to hunt and kill those he finds worthy. Currently working as a solo agent, he doesn't work for any business in particular.

Why would this character join or become a Prospect of either the Malverines of the Sovereigns? Most likely to find a more reliable source of income, people he can depend on while on Nexus, and more allies to help him wage war with the Exiles.
04-26-2014, 11:57 PM
RE: Application: Skia
A Sovereign application, excellent. Looks like a Low born Big Grin

1. What are your thoughts about conflict resolution and drama in general? In that regard what did you think of our rules?

2. We as a guild focus on building a sense of brotherhood and guild identity, and how to bring members closer together in our collective community. What are your thoughts on that?

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
04-27-2014, 12:31 AM
As someone who's had their fair share of drama in the past, all I can say is to just not get involved, and when it comes to resolving that, to just go with the flow. I've found that much more peaceful than to choose a side / get involved with it. Like any good guild, you say you don't want any drama, and that's great, but we're human after all, and it's kind of unavoidable.

And I'd also love to get involved with this community as much as I can, as even from a glance everyone looks pretty nice. I'm also more than open to helping people ouy with quests and such, along with providing other services to the guild.

*Also, a small bit I forgot to edit: The name Skia was already taken, so I decided to go with Drazhar instead. Sorry if that caused any confusion.
04-27-2014, 01:38 AM
1. Our guild has an open freedom of character types, but we ask that characters have a strong tie to the guild before earning their full membership that fits the theme of their chosen faction, and also follow our Character Standards, what are your thoughts on this?

2. We asked you about R rated content, your Rp limits and consequences. Can you tell me why these are important things to ask someone?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
04-27-2014, 02:42 AM
For that first question, I feel like I have a basic understanding of what you're asking, but I have to ask if you can elaborate a little. I'm not quite sure I have an understanding of the full scope of your question.

For the second, it's so you, or whoever they're RPing with know what their RP partner is comfortable with. It's also to see if the person knows how to properly deal with iC consequences. Finally, in a mature RP setting, especially one that has quite a lot to do with war like Wildstar, it should be expected to have an R rating due to some of the topics discussed. That being said, people should plan to react accordingly.
04-27-2014, 06:07 AM
1. In BlackSky you can designate your character how you want. A mechanic, a gun-toting former member of the Judges, or perhaps an Aurin freedom fighter.

In turn you must though have a strong tie storywise to -why- you are in the guild.

Tell us why both of these are important? And why do we emphasize characters being part of either faction rather than just being affiliated with them?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
04-27-2014, 07:28 AM
It helps when it comes down to why someone is working with those they're working with. Someone whose story (or motivation) goes against that of the Sovereign / Malverine's agendas would in a lack of better terms be a bad fit for working for them. And being a part of one of these factions gives one more trust than simply being a gun-for-hire, because (like many others) they can be paid off. That was just a rough example, but I believe the point was made.
04-27-2014, 10:41 PM
1. What did you think of our two factions? Do you see any problems arising from them, or any good arising from them?

2. What about the Malverines interests you the most?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
04-28-2014, 01:13 AM
I think having two factions is a great idea, as it allows for more RP opportunities cross-faction. Normally I would say there's gotta be a rift in between the two OOC, but since both are led by the same people, I think it'd work just fine.

If I had to say, probably the richness of the RP. Even on the site alone, there's a lot that takes place. I can only imagine what it's like in-game.
04-28-2014, 07:20 AM
1. In our guild we do split our stories into Seasons which each then feature an event obviously named an Episode. What are your thoughts about having Episodic content organized into ongoing story arcs?

2. With that in mind, what do you think about our core story elements such as the Grey Line, Adult RP and how it will affect our stories?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser