Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Read and Reply [Ryn's Application]
04-26-2014, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2014 06:03 AM by Ryn.)
Wink [Ryn's Application]
About the Player

Main Character Name / Primary Alt Name: Main: Vesryn Snowdrift // Alt: Durok Frozestone

Enjin / WildStar Central Username: JFaLLeN is my Enjin/Wildstar username.

Primary Character / Alts Joining the BlackSky: Ryn, and possibly Durok?

IM Contacts: I use Skype and can be found on Skype.

What is your primary region / timezone and playtimes? My primary region is the Southern East Coast and my play times are fairly flexible. I like to play mainly after about 5pm or so, until about 10pm, but I'm off and on between 1pm and 10:30pm or so.

Are you eighteen or older? Yes, I'm 27.

Did you read and do you agree to abide by our Rules and Policy? Yes and yes.

Where did you find us and why do we stand out? I found your guys' posts on the WSRP forum and you stood out mostly because I love the guild theme. I'm a huge fan of SOA ( R.I.P. Opie ) and I watch most of the anime listed as well.

Would you like to join our Guild Skype Group? And or the Guild Mailing List? Guild Skype Group - Sure. Guild Mailing List - Maybe later on down the road.

Are you a member of any additional guilds, circles, warplots etc? I am not however, I'd like to get some of that going.

What are your primary playstyles? I like to do most all of it. I can jump into some RP every single time I log on, or can pick up right where I left off in my quests for PvE. I do PvP, but not much. I like raids and dungeons however, I like to run them casually, for gear, fun, RP but typically not for "progression"..

About Roleplay

What is your roleplaying experience? I'm currently playing SWtOR and RP'ing in it as well. I've been RP'ing there for about a year now.

What are your primary Roleplay Limits? To better answer this, I think I'll need some examples, but let's see if this answers your question: Most RP can be done without question, when you start getting into things that affect my toon or yours, everything can be chatted about OOCly and if all parties are ok with what's going on/going to happen, then we can procede.

Are you okay with the R rated (content in our guild contains adult language, violent situations, partial nudity, narcotics) nature of our Roleplay? Perfectly fine with that, most of the game is geared towards "adults", and I'm in the middle of playing Deadpool if that helps any. ;P

What do IC Consequences mean to you? Would you be willing to deal with the consequences listed in our lore? Such as humiliation? OR even being beaten within an inch of life or worse? IC consequences mean for every action there's a reaction, positive or negative, so long as things are discussed and agreed upon then there shouldn't be an issue with that type of stuff.

Would you be willing to take consequences if your character left the Club or Agency and warranted them? You mean, like getting the club tattoo torched off of your skin? Heh. Yeah I suppose so. Smile

About the Character

NOTE: If you are unsure about a main character at this point, answer these questions as best you can to help us understand you a bit.

What is your character's name / race / class / path? Vesryn Snowdrift // Aurin // Stalker // Explorer

What faction is your character joining? Exiles - Malverines.

Tell us a bit about your character's personality, include three strengths and three weaknesses. Ryn is an adventurous, thrill seeking Aurin who is constantly being seduced by danger. He harbors some uneasy feelings in regards to Arboria, and being ripped from his family, but is also thankful for being saved by that Granok. He's aquired a taste for his Granok buddy's brew, and is always up for making some coin.

Strengths - Very good hunter, has a knack for tech, good at "winging it"
Weaknesses - Hotheaded, rusty when it comes to meeting new people, doesn't trust well

What would your characters occupation or job within their faction? Are they employed by a guild business or have their own? Currently not employed, looking for work?

Why would this character join or become a Prospect of either the Malverines of the Sovereigns? Probably because Durok would be really interested in something like this, and would push Ryn into joining as well, PLUS.. Ryn has a love for tech, and hoverboards, and bikes.

[Image: BSM-Test_zpsf11a4753.png]
Vesryn Snowdrift of the BlackSky Community
04-27-2014, 12:03 AM
RE: [Ryn's Application]
1. What are your thoughts about conflict resolution and drama in general? In that regard what did you think of our rules?

2. We as a guild focus on building a sense of brotherhood and guild identity, and how to bring members closer together in our collective community. What are your thoughts on that?

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
04-28-2014, 05:49 AM
1. Conflict Resolution - Between members, should always be sought out. If member's OOC, or ICly have an issue with one another, at the end of the day we're all here to have fun, if people are unhappy, they're not having fun. Between the club and their rivals or enemies? That's a can be a completely different story, it can sometimes be good for business to have a rival/enemy under pressure/stress and slipping up. Also the world revolves around conflict and such, so conflict with the right people or forces can always make for good RP. Drama is everywhere, but so long as the amount of drama stays low, I think a guild can function properly and continue to grow. Rules are pretty straight forward, both OOC, and ICly - ICly, sounds a lot like SOA and I like that.

2. My thoughts on this are pretty simple, I'd like to join a guild and make that guild a Home for one or all of the characters that apply or can fit ICly into that guild. I'm a firm believer of building a brotherhood/sisterhood, both OOC and ICly, and think that it's a good thing when guilds focus on all of their members both individually and all together in the bigger picture, the club.

04-28-2014, 07:37 AM
1. Our guild has an open freedom of character types, but we ask that characters have a strong tie to the guild before earning their full membership that fits the theme of their chosen faction, and also follow our Character Standards, what are your thoughts on this?

2. We asked you about R rated content, your Rp limits and consequences. Can you tell me why these are important things to ask someone?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
04-29-2014, 06:08 AM
1. I believe that's a reasonable request, if the guild is themed ( which I know this one is ) then it would definitely make sense for everyone involved to be set up to where their stories and characters fit into this type of enviornment. Just like in RL, you wouldn't just randomly go join a MC if you weren't interested in motorcycles and/or that lifestyle.

2. Those questions are important to ask, in order to filter through the applicants who want to apply but are or aren't comfortable with R Rated content, figure out what someone's RP limits are, and if they're able to be held accountable for their actions. You wouldn't want someone who just wants to run around and do whatever they like, without being responsible for what they do or have done.

04-29-2014, 10:08 PM
1. What did you think of our two factions? Do you see any problems arising from them, or any good arising from them?

2. What about the Malverines interests you the most?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
04-30-2014, 02:15 AM
1. OOC - I don't really see any "problems" with running two factions, especially two factions that are directly related or involved with each other. I could possibly see issues with one person GL'n a guild on each side, or with players who play in both factions and then wanna stick to one and not the other.

1. ICly - The history between the two factions is genius. Really set up well to provide for a long time of conflict.

2. What attracted me the most to the Malverines, is the amount of effort that's gone into building a story for this club, a reason for them to be on Nexus doing what they're doing. I'm also a huge fan of MCs, even though I don't ride, I like the idea. Plus I really like SOA.

04-30-2014, 03:35 AM
1. In our guild we do split our stories into Seasons which each then feature an event obviously named an Episode. What are your thoughts about having Episodic content organized into ongoing story arcs?

2. With that in mind, what do you think about our core story elements such as the Grey Line, Adult RP and how it will affect our stories?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
04-30-2014, 06:57 AM
1. I think each and every guild has their own way of creating a timeline and structure for how guild story arcs will be RP'd and that this is how this guild has theirs settup. I don't think there's a "wrong" way, so long as it's effective and the guild enjoys it.

2. I've looked for what this "Grey Line" might be about, but unless you just mean being an outlaw/criminal organization, I've not seen anything about it. If you mean being an Outlaw, I don't mind it at all, I actually prefer it. And I believe that this game was made with Adults or Older kids in mind, and think it'll do well for that, so RP with a Mature and Adult feel to it, would also I think, do well.

04-30-2014, 10:48 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2014 10:53 PM by ShadowedSin.)
The Grey-Line is a blog we wrote a while ago, its also a core principle dealilng with Grey RP.

So to add: What are your thoughts about our principles of not focusing on good or bad, but the greyness of things in roleplay?

And then:

1. What did you think of the Black Sky (united) history showing both factions in equal light?

2. What were your thoughts on the Malverines Lore and the themes that we present for them?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser