Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Slumming it (Closed)
05-02-2014, 01:44 AM
Slumming it (Closed)
Clara looked over Thayd with a scowl on her face, coming to the Exile capital on Nexus was never the highlight of her day, but sometimes she needed to visit the outskirts to get what she needed to get around the annoying wait list for Dominion equipment. Her Nanosuit already working at full capacity, Clara walked through the streets of the city, none of the Exiles had the noses of a Draken, so walking in cover under the suits stealth mode was enough to get by most of the citizens unnoticed, hiding in the plentiful alleys good for the stray patrol that caught a glimmer in the side of their eye. Looking over the comm exchange in her heads up display the meet should be simple: Meet at the Splintered Knuckle, get the items she needed, and get the hell out of here. As Clara approached the meeting area she spotted the bar...and the name was fitting, several large Granoks walked in and out of the establishment, some drunk, but most of them just angry. "Perfect..." Clara thought to herself.

[Image: BSM-Test_zpsf11a4753.png]
A member of the BlackSky Community
05-02-2014, 05:30 AM
RE: Slumming it (Closed)
Coil didn't have a lot to go on for this meet only the base facts. Female contact with glasses looking for some can openers of the sharpest sort. It wasn't an especially hard or special order just one of the bread and butter runs which she relied on to keep food on her table and certain pills in her, extensive, druggery. She liked straight forward when she could get it and she took advantage of the easy trip down to the Splintered Knuckle.

Hands deep in the pockets of her jacket, the collar brushing the lobes of her ears she appeared to be any other human working their way from home to job. Her feet scuffed on the rusty plates as she kicked her heels up slightly to avoid a skittering animal dogging her heel. She flicked the beast a crumb from her pocket and zigged slightly into an alley across from the bar. Rather than skulking in the opening she took four, measured, steps into the dark recess pushing the trash cans to the side she shifted a slim covered piece of metal plating aside. The rusty plate didn't creek or scrape it rotated easily and opened a small,brick sized, space behind. Coil reached into the opening and grabbed what appeared to be a pack of cigarettes.

The woman didn't even look at the crumpled soft pack before she pulled the freshness seal from the top of the loose cut tobacco. Pulling the larger tobacco pouch from her belt she emptied one into the other, crumpled the new pack into a ball, and tossed it over her shoulder. Hey, a signal is still a signal be it trash or treasure. She knew that if she didn't show up for awhile her family would go looking at her caches and they would find this one empty knowing it was at the Knuckle where she was last safe. A woman has to prepare, to look out for herself.

It took moments for Coil to wrap a small smoke and stick it between her lips lighting it. Once the hand roll was firmly on its way to a light she headed off with perfect ease towards the doorway of the Knuckle. As with every strong start a sudden stop was not too far behind. The toe of her boot had barely touched the threshold when a solid hand came down on her shoulder with strength only a granok could barely reign in. She winced visible and plastered a smile on her face as she turned her hands already up and away from her magpistols.

“Ferrot, it's been too long. You in the market for a new skin chisel? Your chin looks a bit beat down.”

“Shut it squishy. I want your promise before I let you in my bar. No funny stuff. No broken stuff. No bad stuff. You got it?” The large granok looked down at Coil his eyebrows knitted together tightly enough dust was falling into her eyes.

“Calcify Ferrot. It's just a little business. The last time was a fluke and you know it. I had nothing to do with that lovers quarrel. Those two ariun girls were just high strung and apparently bitchy, or something. I mean it. Not. My. Fault.”

“Right Coil. Go drink, go have fun, but the minute I hear anyone break a glass its on your squishy head.” The granok released her shoulder and turned her back towards the door frame propelling her just enough to give her a misstep as she stumbled into the door and headed to the back where the booths were, and where less light was as well.
05-02-2014, 05:50 AM
Clara stood across the street from the bar, watching the Granoks and other Exiles coming and going. Spotting her contact as she walked into a nearby alley, Clara began to walk up to meet her until a large Granok walked up. Spotting a gap in the procession of Exiles at the door of the bar, Clara enter the establishment. The place smelled of beer and blood, fights starting at the drop of a hat, followed by hearty laughter after the dust had settled. Walking toward a dark booth in the back of the bar, Clara took a seat and decloaked when no one was looking her way. Pushing her glasses up her nose a bit, she watched as the contact walked inside. "Hmm cute, thats always a plus." Clara thought to herself. Placing a small dataslate on the booth's table, Clara began logging what information she could on her would be smuggler, keeping her options open is what got Clara to where she was now...no need to write off someone if they could be of use to her later. When the smuggler was within earshot of Clara she smiled and patted the seat across from her, "Nice to finally meet you, have a seat darling."

05-02-2014, 06:15 AM
Regaing your posture is much easier than your dignity. She knew it and the small crowd of exiles who couldn't help but turn as they caught her stumbling actions of an entrance. A quick soft shoe and a flash of a grin as she moved quickly to the bar showed she wasn't just another drunk looking to cause trouble.

“Not drunk, just clumsy, really.” She muttered to the barkeep as she tapped the bar once her leather gloves protecting her from the sticky sheen of, whatever, was lingering there. “One neat and then a beer. No. Two beers.” A quick flick of her wrist and two coins fell into her palm and then onto the bar top as the shot of whiskey finished pouring. She downed it in quick order and grabbed both mugs of beer turning on her heel to scan the crowd for those glasses she had heard about. Without barely a hesitation she saw the woman a smirk immediately twisting her lips into a rare smile.

“Hmm, cute.” She said to noone in particular before heading off and set both mugs of beer on the booth table before slipping in easily.

“Cute specs filly. You looking for a date then?”
05-02-2014, 06:39 AM
As the smuggler approached the booth Clara relaxed her posture, placing one of her arms on the back of the booth. As she slided into the booth she laid one of the beer mugs she was carrying in front of her, “Cute specs filly. You looking for a date then?” Taking a sip from the mug, Clara placed it back on the table, beer wasn't her favorite beverage, but who was she to turn down a free drink? Crossing her legs under the table Clara spoke, her Cassian accent coming out loud and clear "Business before pleasure sweetheart, we'll see where the night goes afterwards. I was told you were able to acquire something for me?"
Reaching into one of her pockets with her free hand, Clara pulled out a large roll of credits, dead bandits and Exiles who asked for more trouble than they were ready for didn't need money, but the smuggler didn't need to know where it was from. Placing the roll on the edge of the table, just slightly out of her reach, Clara winked as she spoke to the smuggler. "Lieutenant Clara Fitzroy, and you would be?"

05-02-2014, 07:03 AM
Settling herself into the booth brought her leaning back as Clara reached forward for the beer and sipped from it. She stretched her legs out, crossed them at the ankles under the table and took a slow drag from her cigarette politely turning her head to the side to exhale. In the moment of relaxation she gazed at the woman across from her sizing her up quickly as the smoke drifted towards the more populated part of the room.

“Hmm, but what if my business is pleasure then?” She smiled winking at Clara and reached for her own beer taking a swig from it and holding it up by her face while she used it to block her mouth her voice a low whisper. “Cash off the table filly. This is just a friendly meeting here. Neither of us needs the attention.”

Setting the mug back on the table she leaned forward slightly looking Clara in her eyes as she spoke. “I could be just what the doctor ordered for you filly. A bit of danger on the darker side of life. Are you game?” With her eyebrow raised the pucker of an old scar cutting through the hair of her eyebrow into her eyelid showed distinctly from out of her front fringe.
05-02-2014, 07:19 AM
“Cash off the table filly. This is just a friendly meeting here. Neither of us needs the attention.” "Good point," Clara thought to herself "Nice to know she isnt just some amature looking for a quick score." Placing the credits back into her pocket Clara smiled after looking around for a bit. Some of the Granoks didn't pay her any mind, but every once and a while any eye would linger on her, and that made her nervous. Taking another drink from her mug, Clara eyed the smuggler up and down, trying to get a bead on her, “I could be just what the doctor ordered for you filly. A bit of danger on the darker side of life. Are you game?”. Nodding slightly, Clara lips formed into a slight smirk, "I suppose you are right up my alley, what do you have in mind darling?" As Clara spoke the HUD in her glasses let up, alerting her to a Granok on her assignment list that had just stumbled into the bar. "Ugh, timing is funny sometimes...so where to?"

05-02-2014, 07:33 AM
Coil smiled slightly as the woman pulled the bundle from the table and leaned forward as the woman moved her eyes, obviously taking the woman in from table to the top of her head.

"I suppose you are right up my alley, what do you have in mind darling? Ugh, timing is funny sometimes...so where to?"

Hearing the inflection in the woman's voice her eyebrow crooked up again in a question. “You need to get gone? I was suggesting another drink, something with a bit more backbone to it. This piss is worse than the water. To answer your earlier statement I prefer pleasure before business. It keeps the eyes to themselves, just two fillies meeting for a trist.” She reached out and drained her glass motioning with her fingers towards the bartender.
05-02-2014, 07:44 AM
As the smuggler waver at the bartender, Clara smiled again, keeping one eye on the Granok that walked into the bar. "Staying is just fine with me, I could use another drink all of a sudden." Pushing up her glasses again, Clara reached behind her ear and placed a metal toothpick into her mouth. It was part of her pre target ritual and she wasn't even aware she was doing it. As Clara waited for the drinks to arrive she shifted her weight, trying not to look too distracted. "How long have you been at this? You don't seem to be surprised that i'm not from around here." Tapping a few keys on the panel on her she began to run a tracing program on the Granok as she emptied the mug of beer in front of her. As she placed the mug back on the table two cloaked drones rose up from behind Clara, slowly heading towards the Granok.

05-02-2014, 07:58 AM
"Staying is just fine with me, I could use another drink all of a sudden. How long have you been at this? You don't seem to be surprised that i'm not from around here."

“Good, Tren, the bartender, will bring us a bottle and two glasses then. He knows what I drink.” She spoke casually as she watched the woman's demeanor shift slightly as the next phase of their conversation started. Negotiations were often like that, customers did'nt like to be rushed into some in and out purchase they needed to know it wasn't a set up or some sort of fix. Coil expected the transition but there was something more she couldn't place her finger on.

Tren arrived with the bottle of whiskey, or something else amber colored, and three shot glasses. He went ahead and poured all three full from the new bottle and tossed the third back quickly. “My tip Coil.” He spoke slowly his voice a rumble matching his lichen covered forearms.

Hearing Tren address her by name she looked up at him pulling a face and noded. “Gee thanks Tren now go away huh?” She turned to address Clara watching for small micro expressions on the woman's face. “No one is from around here, not really. We just live here cause we can't breathe in space. I know what I need to, you need something and I have it because that's what I do. But, I don't do it just for anyone nor do I do it off the cuff filly. That's why we are gonna sit here and chat and I will admit your pretty smile and we will get buzzed and then we will do a bit of business.”