Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Slumming it (Closed)
05-02-2014, 08:14 AM
RE: Slumming it (Closed)
When the bartender came up he used her name, "Coil," Clara thought to herself, "Interesting name." Reaching for one of the shot glasses, Clara downed it in one gulp. Keying in Coil into the keypad on her thigh, Clara ran her name against the known Exile database so see if anything interesting popped up. "I agree, we all aren't from Nexus...I'll save you the line on my people's thoughts on this planet, we've all heard it time and time again." Looking in the direction of her drones they had finally reached the Granok and were hovering over the rather large mug he was nursing. "I'm actually glad to have found you, waiting for the proper channels to approve what I need is...tiring."

After clicking another key on her thighpad, a small almost unnoticeable powder emptied from one of the drones into the Granok's mug.

[Image: BSM-Test_zpsf11a4753.png]
A member of the BlackSky Community
05-02-2014, 08:30 AM
“Coil, interesting name.”

Yeah, it seemed to fit at the time, almost like Clara though not quite as clean. You know thats why they keep looking at you right? The nanosuit is fine as is the outfit but it's your look, you're too clean filly. Mind you I think you smell pretty but when you next transit here maybe muss your hair or scuff your boots a bit, you'd find you fit better. Besides how can I take a pretty girl home to meet my momma lookin' like you do now?”

She chuckled at the woman once more and refilled the two shot glasses slopping a bit onto the already filthy table between them. “Well, that's why you found me filly, it's what I exsist for, to save beautiful women in a fix.”
05-02-2014, 08:45 AM
"Well we all have our tells I suppose, I don't visit Thayd much...I try to avoid it outright if I can. Sometimes work demands it..." Clara grabbed another one of the shots and slammed it down. As she placed the glass back on the table, Clara's HUD lit up returning the information on Coil, a lot of generalizations, no red flags, must be good at what she does. Looking over to the giant Granok he had just started coughing, with a slight smile on her face, Clara looked back at Coil "And i'm sure your mother would have quite a lot to say if you brought someone like me home."

05-02-2014, 08:58 AM
"Well we all have our tells I suppose, I don't visit Thayd much...I try to avoid it outright if I can. Sometimes work demands it..."

Coil chuckled softly and reached out for her own shot glass tossing it back before speaking. “Who the dark does? It's a handy roof and walls to keep us from the beasties and the things that go bump in the night.” Sniffing she reached, slowly into a pouch at her belt and pulls out a small, clear, vial of brilliant green granules. Unsealing it she tapped three of the grains into the bottom of her shotglass and covered them with whiskey before offering the same, obvious narcotic, to the woman across from her.

"And i'm sure your mother would have quite a lot to say if you brought someone like me home."

Laughing her eyebrow raised as she waited for Clara's answer she shrugged. “You would be surprised, you wouldn't be the worst by far. Of course I'm no kept woman, I would expect to keep working when you did.”
05-02-2014, 09:12 AM
Watching Coil, Clara slightly raised and eyebrow as she placed the drug in her drink, "No thanks, not my thing...and I need to stay as level as the alcohol will allow." Spinning the toothpick around her mouth, Clara shifted her back to face the scene starting to unfold at the bar. The Granok was coughing loudly at this point and some of the patrons were beginning to circle around him. “You would be surprised, you wouldn't be the worst by far. Of course I'm no kept woman, I would expect to keep working when you did.” "Well as one independent woman to another, I do admire your tenacity." Clara said with a chuckle. "In the interest of full disclosure I do plan on using your services again if all goes well."

05-02-2014, 09:26 AM
"No thanks, not my thing...and I need to stay as level as the alcohol will allow."

Shrugging Coil made the vial disappear and re poured Clara's glass clean of the flower pollen. “You never know, this could have helped. The bunnies swear by the stuff, something about opening their eyes to the shadow behind the flare. It's where I prefer to live yea see?” Turning her eyes more than her head she glanced at the scene to her right the dry rasping coughs of the granok growing louder and dryer as he went on. She watched for only a moment before turning back to Clara her pupils only slightly dilated as she started at the woman.

"Well as one independent woman to another, I do admire your tenacity. In the interest of full disclosure I do plan on using your services again if all goes well."

Lowering her voice to easily be heard under the rumble of the granoks helping their mate she spoke. “That would mean that you didn't turn your little toys on me as well. He seems a lot worse for wear after their visit. I'd not wish my last sight to be those pretty eyes of yours. I've got too many deals left in me, and I didn’t even get your top off yet.”

She spoke matter of factly as she pulled her tobacco pouch from her belt and pulled out a hand roll lighting it and exhaling from it in a single motion before replacing the pouch. It took a moment before she raised her voice once more speaking more clearly. “What style do you prefer? Three blades or a single?”
05-02-2014, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2014 09:47 AM by zbug84.)
As Coil looked at the slowly dying Granok, Clara observed her posture as she came to realize what was happening. It was slightly relaxed, but that might have been because of the drugs she just took, “You never know, this could have helped. The bunnies swear by the stuff, something about opening their eyes to the shadow behind the flare. It's where I prefer to live yea see?” Laughing slightly, Clara took the other shot and gave it a sip,"Well between you and me, if the Aurin spent as much time connecting with nature as they did fighting, they might have kept their planet."

“That would mean that you didn't turn your little toys on me as well. He seems a lot worse for wear after their visit. I'd not wish my last sight to be those pretty eyes of yours. I've got too many deals left in me, and I didn't even get your top off yet.” Winking at Coil, Clara stretched back, placing both of her arms on the back of the booth, "Well you aren't on any of my lists, and if the lack of information on you from the ICI tells me anything, you won't be for quite a while...besides i'm not one to deprive myself of a pretty lady just because of some petty faction line." Coil began to speak plainly now, either the feeling out period had ended, or she didn't want to end up like the Granok that was now on the floor spasming. “What style do you prefer? Three blades or a single?”"Three," Clara said looking into Coil's eyes, "I like to be thorough."

05-02-2014, 10:06 AM
Coil left the Aurin comment steaming on the table like the pile of crap it was and wet her lips slowly before taking a draw from her cigarette and exhaling through her nostrils. “Lists, no, you won't find me on any of them. I provide a service well needed by everyone on this planet and even your pointy headed masters know it and use it. Nexus is giant, with plenty of room for everyone to spread their greasy fingers out and grab what they want before settling in and making their way, but, to do that they need things which I make acquiring easier. You can't kill everything or there would be nothing to acquire.” Her expression of impassivity cracked then for only a moment, the scar over her eye puckering her eyes showing a bit of compassion before disappearing behind a cloud of exhaled smoke; the smirk and flashing eyes returned.

“I have a set of iridium cross cuts, blued in the forge to keep the light flash down to minimum. They are unsealed but I know they haven't been used but once.” She refilled the glasses once more this time the pour was rock steady both glasses to the rim with no spill. “See, I see three as messy. There is nothing quite as effective as a single thrust between the fourth and fifth rib straight up to the heart. Hid in a lover's embrace.”
05-02-2014, 10:20 AM
Clara smirked for longer than she would have liked, Coil didn't take the bait with the Aurin line, True neutrality was a hard thing to find on Nexus. "Indeed, I didn't get her on my good looks, you take what you can on Nexus and don't give it back until you are dead." At the word dead, Clara nodded towards the now dead Granok with a smile. Clara thought she saw Coil's eyes soften for a fraction of a second when she was speaking, but discarded it as nothing. [b]“I have a set of iridium cross cuts, blued in the forge to keep the light flash down to minimum. They are unsealed but I know they haven't been used but once.” Removing her glasses, Clara began to clean them with a small cloth, "The iridium ones sound lovely, i'll be making my own modifications when I get back to my base. If you said they have only been used once, I trust you, we cant start a mutually beneficial relationship with second guessing no can we?" After putting her glasses back on, Clara drank the last shot quickly, smiling as the medics began to strecher the Granok out of the door. She couldn't imagine how heavy he was.

05-02-2014, 10:45 AM
"Indeed, I didn't get her on my good looks, you take what you can on Nexus and don't give it back until you are dead."

Coil leaned forward slightly her voice a quiet hiss, “It also behooves you to not look so much like yer gloatin over it. Folks really are startin to take the wrong sort of notice. Have another and toast me, it may save your life and my business.” Soberly Coil poured two more glasses and offered one to Clara by her hand her fingers attempting to brush the other woman's in the act. Afterwards she slammed her glass and turned it over the the remains pooling on the table in which she wrote a price for the weapons an eyebrow raised towards Clara.

“I would expect nothing less, I, also, do quite a bit of extra tweaking and shifting of things there and back before everything is in a comfortable place for my grip. My hands are too small for most standard grips anyway.”