Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Vallorin Application (Man that sounds like a Dan Brown Book...)
05-03-2014, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2014 01:37 PM by Vallorin.)
The Vallorin Application (Man that sounds like a Dan Brown Book...)
About the Player
Main Character Name / Primary Alt Name:
Vallorin “Crash” WindDancer.
Enjin / WildStar Central Username:
Flynt on Enjin/Wildstar Roleplay (http://www.enjin.com/profile/1149782)
Primary Character / Alts Joining the BlackSky:
Vallorin “Crash” WindDancer.
IM Contacts:
raspar57
What is your primary region / timezone and playtimes?
EST for me! East Coast kid born and raised.
Are you eighteen or older?
I’m 26 years old.

Did you read and do you agree to abide by our Rules and Policy?
Yes I did and do!

Where did you find us and why do we stand out?
Well I’ve been lurking on the Wildstar Roleplay forums for the better part of a year now, and have been gnawing at the bit to do some RPing in the Wildstar universe. That said, as I began to look for guilds that fit the character I had planned on making I quickly found myself checking out your post on the forums and your website over and over again. I guess I am a sucker for clever writing and crisp presentation, two things that you guys have. After that, the well thought out lore and ongoing guild plots cemented my need to apply to join you guys before the game opens up!

Would you like to join our Guild Skyp Group? And or the Guild Mailing List?
I’m down for both, I previously used TeamSpeak to chat with guildies in other games in the past and am comfortable in doing so again.

Are you a member of any additional guilds, circles, warplots etc?
I am not.

What are your primary playstyles?
(Casual / Medium / Hardcore RP, PvP, Social, PvE, Raiding, Dungeons, Crafting)
I guess I would say hardcore? I play online games with the primary focus being RP, though I am not aggressive or militant about others doing so. That said I still plan to work through content and run dungeons, and try to stay spun up on boss mechanics and class information.

About Roleplay
What is your roleplaying experience?
I’ve been roleplaying for over a decade now, with my first RP experiences coming to be within Star Wars Galaxies. I have RPed a lot in many different games, including tabletop RPGs, and love to do so. I’ve helped a lot of new RPers in various games, and love to create new RP opportunities and help teach those that need it.

What are your primary Roleplay Limits?
There is little that bothers me when it comes to RP. I prefer more mature RP, and believable realism really helps to engross a person into a story. That said, scenes of intense torture or sexuality I tend to prefer the “Fade to Black” response. I’m pretty easy going though, so if you have a question, feel free to ask!

Are you okay with the R rated (content in our guild contains adult language, violent situations, partial nudity, narcotics) nature of our Roleplay?
I’m incredibly okay with it! I might be bold enough to even say that I like it! (I know, so brave of me right?)
What do IC Consequences mean to you? Would you be willing to deal with the consequences listed in our lore? Such as humiliation? OR even being beaten within an inch of life or worse?
I am a big believer in ICA=ICC. IF I do something stupid, or my character does something that pisses someone off, I wholeheartedly expect a good beating or ass chewing from his boss. What fun is roleplaying if without any struggle?

Would you be willing to take consequences if your character left the Club or Agency and warranted them?
Most definitely! As I said above, ICA=ICC. If Val is dumb enough to make enemies, he needs to deal with the repercussions.

About the Character
NOTE: If you are unsure about a main character at this point, answer these questions as best you can to help us understand you a bit.
What is your character's name / race / class / path?
Vallorin “Crash” WindDancer. Aurin. Spellslinger. Explorer.

What faction is your character joining?
(You may place alts and your main in either the Malverines or the Sovereigns, or both if the character is a spy and you speak to an officer.)
Malverines please!

Tell us a bit about your character's personality, include three strengths and three weaknesses.

Luckily I have already built my “jacket” as it were, so here we go!

Talents/Strengths:
Read’em and weep! Then tell me what they are: “Crash”, as he prefers (though no one calls him that), is a lucky little bastard. The only thing worse than a lucky bastard is one that knows it, and Crash if well aware of his long running lucky streak. This luck has helped him live long enough to gloat about it, and helps him keep a positive outlook on life. That and his alleged “heads or tails” high score of 326 correctly called coin flips. Don’t worry, he’ll tell you about it.
Dexterous? Damned near killed’em!: For a guy called Crash, Vallorin is one slippery son of a gun. Years of pickpocketing and street performing have turned Val into some sort of Dumpster Gymnast. It is not uncommon for him to flip about, catch things with his tail, or dash around like a cracked out rabbit.
Rainbows out the arse: Some people see the world glass half empty, some see it half full. Vallorin sees it as “Oh! Free glass a’ water!” He finds to positive in almost everything, to the point that some people find it irritating or insulting. If you get shot, Val’s the guy who will tell you how lucky you are that it happened.

Weaknesses:
Like I was sayi- Oh! Piece a’ candy!: When talking with Val, it quickly becomes aware that he’s a bit of a scatter brain. In fact, several doctors are almost positive that he has to have some raccoon in his lineage due to the speed in which shiny things can distract him. He often forgets what was in his hands, while he was holding it, so don’t hand him anything you aren’t willing to see hit the ground.
It’s called a’ impromptu retreat: Now no one’s calling ol’ Crash a coward or nothing, but when the going gets tough, the tough stay while Val gets going. Val is no stranger to fighting, but he is not above running away if that odds begin to seem even slightly out of his favor. He would never blame anyone else for doing the same, mainly because he’s pretty sure he can run faster than them.
Coffee? Coffee? Coffee?! Coffee! Coffee!!!: For the love of whatever gods you pray to, keep the caffeine out of this little dudes body. He is already a little ball of piss, vinegar and cartwheels, mix that with those human energy drinks and what do you get? Well some sort of acrobatic piss and vinegar energy drink, but for the sake of the metaphor you get an Aurin pumping out enough energy to fuel a small city. Trust me. He’s annoying.

What would your characters occupation or job within their faction? Are they employed by a guild business or have their own?
Val is a smuggler through and through. While he likes doing things his way, he is not above working for a like minded group that values freedom and independent spirits. While he’s currently self employed, he’s a bit too inexperienced to run his own business.

Why would this character join or become a Prospect of either the Malverines of the Sovereigns?
Val likes people, especially people like himself (who doesn’t?). While he typically shies away from joining with organizations, the idea of an organization founded by misfits and those seeking freedom would definitely peak his interest. He’s young and has a lot to learn as well, and as much as he hates to admit it, he can’t get better without a little help. Besides, what’s the point of becoming an amazing smuggler if you don’t have anyone to drink with and brag to?

[Image: xERefdA.gif]
05-04-2014, 05:11 AM
RE: The Vallorin Application (Man that sounds like a Dan Brown Book...)
1. What are your thoughts about conflict resolution and drama in general? In that regard what did you think of our rules?

2. We as a guild focus on building a sense of brotherhood and guild identity, and how to bring members closer together in our collective community. What are your thoughts on that?

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
05-04-2014, 06:09 AM
1. What are your thoughts about conflict resolution and drama in general? In that regard what did you think of our rules?

I think that the difference between conflict resolution and drama is the intended end state. In most cases I have witnessed, when a problem arises most people want to correct it in a quick and mature manner. When both parties want to fix a problem and get back to having fun, it is conflict resolution. Unfortunately, there are times that some people are less worried about fixing the problem and more focused on causing problems with someone they may not like or they believed wronged them. This is how I frame conflict resolution and drama, and identify which is which.

As for the rules I think they laid out a clear cut method to avoid drama and resolve problems that arise. It's not productive or healthy for members to spread rumors or share information about individuals that is not theirs to share. If we as a group care about resolving the conflict more than causing drama, we will not waste time spreading rumors or talking about things that may or may not be our business.

2. We as a guild focus on building a sense of brotherhood and guild identity, and how to bring members closer together in our collective community. What are your thoughts on that?

What makes online games so fun and engaging is the sense of camaraderie and friendship that you can make with people who you would have had a chance to otherwise. I think by fostering friendly relationships out of game, it is easier to foster more interesting and entertaining roleplay in game. I personally think that a lot of guilds fail to establish a unique identity because they don't see the importance in developing a sense of brotherhood first. That camaraderie enables the guild as a whole to come into its own (at least in my opinion Big Grin).

05-04-2014, 10:11 AM
1. Our guild has an open freedom of character types, but we ask that characters have a strong tie to the guild before earning their full membership that fits the theme of their chosen faction, and also follow our Character Standards, what are your thoughts on this?

2. We asked you about R rated content, your Rp limits and consequences. Can you tell me why these are important things to ask someone?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-04-2014, 12:32 PM
1. Our guild has an open freedom of character types, but we ask that characters have a strong tie to the guild before earning their full membership that fits the theme of their chosen faction, and also follow our Character Standards, what are your thoughts on this?
It makes quite a bit of sense to me. Roleplaying characters that are varied or that are incredibly independent can be tricky, as it becomes hard to justify their reasons for working for some larger group or organization.

The character standards tie into this rather well, because you can't make someone a full member of the group and assimilate them if their character is a source of trouble. Roleplaying is very much dependent on immersion, and when someone's character breaks immersion for the rest of the group, problems can quickly arise. These standards help ensure that characters are developed with quality roleplay in mind, while the "vetting" period helps to ensure that the roleplay hooks are tied with their characters.

2. We asked you about R rated content, your Rp limits and consequences. Can you tell me why these are important things to ask someone?
Well everyone deals with R rated content differently, and judge what is considered R rated differently as well. For some, gore or scenes of intense torture are much more offensive or graphic to them then nudity or sexual behavior. For others it could be the exact opposite. Some people may just not like certain words or curses being used. By asking everyone what the boundaries of their comfort zones, we make sure that everyone is clear on what will and will not fly. This way situations where someone accidentally offends someone can be prevented/limited.

05-05-2014, 02:58 AM
1. What did you think of our two factions? Do you see any problems arising from them, or any good arising from them?

2. What about the Malverines interests you the most?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-05-2014, 09:34 AM
1. What did you think of our two factions? Do you see any problems arising from them, or any good arising from them?
I think the inherit juxtaposition creates an excellent environment for conflict driven RP to thrive (upon a second read through that sounds like an incredibly pretentious sentence Dodgy ) . One of the hardest parts of creating a guild with certain goal or mission is finding an opposing force to make those goals difficult/fun to achieve. Many times the games mechanics or elements need to be manipulated in order to tell the story that a guild leader wants to tell, but nothing is as fun or engaging as a free thinking opposition who forces the story to grow in a direction that no one within the guild is ready for.

The only problem I can conceive of is people feeling as if one side is favored or that one group is the "good guys" while the others are the "bad" ones. What I find so interesting about the Wildstar universe is that, when viewed pragmatically, neither side is right or wrong. The Dominion are not this typical evil empire, and the Exiles are not this bastion for good. There is a lot of room to develop and grow, which means there is even more room for dual purposed guilds/organizations.

2. What about the Malverines interests you the most?
This is a good one! Initially I was going to play a character who was Dominion. Then it was a Cassian turned Exile. Now (and for the last couple months) it has been an orphan Aurin. Honestly it is hard to say what drew me particularly, as much of the writing and creation process I think contains a spark of divine. I liked the two previous characters that I had worked on, but it was not until I started writing more about Vallorin that I realized he was just "right". If I had to guess what drew me so much to the Malverines, I would say it is the opportunity for growth that it provides for Vallorin. I see him as this talented young kid who is too cocky/scared to admit he needs a mentor. The roster (as far as I have seen it) provides a list of people who developed interesting characters that Val could learn so much from. That mixed with the general free spirited nature of the Malverines made it an obvious choice for Val to become a part of.

05-06-2014, 05:58 AM
1. In our guild we do split our stories into Seasons which each then feature an event obviously named an Episode. What are your thoughts about having Episodic content organized into ongoing story arcs?

2. With that in mind, what do you think about our core story elements such as the Grey Line, Adult RP and how it will affect our stories?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-06-2014, 01:05 PM
1. In our guild we do split our stories into Seasons which each then feature an event obviously named an Episode. What are your thoughts about having Episodic content organized into ongoing story arcs?

I am big fan of the season format for RP events as I think it helps keep people motivated to be a part of the overarching guild storyline, and also helps to keep people on track with what the guild is doing. This promotes involvement within the guild and outside of it, as RP events promote future RP in and outside of the guild. People who meet and interact at guild events may hit it off and then RP together and create separate adventures that others can get involved in. Finally, if anyone is unable to attend a certain episode they can somewhat "rewatch" it later by either interacting with the guild in game or by reading the follow up posts contained on the forums outlining what happened.

2. With that in mind, what do you think about our core story elements such as the Grey Line, Adult RP and how it will affect our stories?

Aspects of roleplay like the Grey Line and Adult RP help set and maintain the overall tone of the guilds stories and others experiences with the guild. Wildstar has a naturally fun and almost slapstick tone to it, which means that combining more adult tones in Roleplay creates an interesting dichotomy. The Grey aspect of RP is something I am very familiar with, as it is a term often used in Star Wars roleplay, since many times Jedis walk a fine line between what is "right and wrong". For me Grey RP means giving a character an inner turmoil over how to go about jobs or social scenarios. Some characters fight with an inner darkness while others hide behind a wall of cold calculating behavior to protect a heart of gold. Grey RP gives characters inner struggles that they will wrestle with throughout their tenure as a character.

05-06-2014, 01:29 PM
1. What did you think of the Black Sky (united) history showing both factions in equal light?

2. What were your thoughts on the Malverines Lore and the themes that we present for them?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser