Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Vallorin Application (Man that sounds like a Dan Brown Book...)
05-07-2014, 11:18 AM
RE: The Vallorin Application (Man that sounds like a Dan Brown Book...)
1. What did you think of the Black Sky (united) history showing both factions in equal light?
I think it was a good move for both RP purposes both in the short and long term. From what I have seen a lot of people look at the Dominion as the "bad guys" and the Exiles as the good. While I feel this was somewhat the intent of the game's designers, I don't like things being so black and white
keep RP interesting. What I liked so much about the SWTOR story structure was that you could be a good Sith or a bad Jedi. I think this same logic applies to Wildstar. There are Dominion who believe that what they are doing is the best thing for the world of Nexus, while there are Exiles who could be complete jerkfaces (go fifth grade insults!). I think keeping both sides on equal footing ensures one side doesn't think they are better or superior to the other.

2. What were your thoughts on the Malverines Lore and the themes that we present for them?
When I first read about the Malverines and looked at all of the provided lore the first thing that I imagined the Firefly crew exponentially larger and with a more direct purpose. A group of people who have good(ish) intentions, but are willing to dip into the more questionable realms of morality in order to do what they believe is right. I see the Malverines as the Serenity crew meets a space biker gang. While the world seems to press in around them, they depend on one another to keep from falling apart.That comraderie is what attracted me to the Malverines initially.

[Image: xERefdA.gif]
05-07-2014, 01:29 PM
1. As a member what do you desire from a good guild leader? Give us some examples and let us know what a leader should bring to the table? What about officers?

2. Now what about members in return? What should they do to make the guild a better place?

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
05-08-2014, 10:48 AM
1. As a member what do you desire from a good guild leader? Give us some examples and let us know what a leader should bring to the table? What about officers?
To me, the only thing a person can ask from a guild leader is the drive to reach the goals they outlined for the guild when they created it. While this sounds simple enough, it is far from an easy to keep on track when trying to keep people happy while simultaneously moving forward in all the areas one hopes to progress. A guild leader should work as hard as he can to get everyone to that end state, and hopefully have fun doing it (once again, much easier said than done). For officers it is much of the same, though they likely have smaller goals that they push to achieve.

2. Now what about members in return? What should they do to make the guild a better place?
Members should do everything in their part to help the guild self actualize, and create an environment of welcoming and friendship. Since the regular members of the guild are the largest group, they are the face of the guild. The way they act their overall quality as a player directly affects a guilds reputation. I think the best thing members can do is remember that they are often the face of the guild, and should pay attention to their behavior as such.

05-09-2014, 07:11 AM
1. The Malverines are inspired and based upon Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs, basically biker gangs. There is a lot to the culture and we try to keep the sense of that criminal organization while opening up new opportunities. How do you see your character connecting or fitting in with the Club?

2. Do you see yourself as a combative or non-combative or a mix of both for the Club? Would you join your brothers and sisters on a ride, or prefer working a business to earn the Club money?

3. What Club business were you thinking of working for? Or are you thinking of adding your own to boost the revenue for the Club?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-09-2014, 12:50 PM
1. The Malverines are inspired and based upon Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs, basically biker gangs. There is a lot to the culture and we try to keep the sense of that criminal organization while opening up new opportunities. How do you see your character connecting or fitting in with the Club?
Oddly enough I RPed a character who was part of a "Swoop Gang" in Star Wars Galaxies, so it's funny to see that experience come full circle so many years later. Vallorin, as a character, is a bit of a depature from the character I played in Galaxies as he is much younger and not as conflicted about who he is. I see Vallorin as a little brother type of character, in the sense that he has a lot of talent but needs help growing overall as a person. He's always looked for a place to belong and secretly wants that kind of brotherhood, so for him joining a Motorcycle Club type group makes sense. Loyalty and trust in one another are important above all else, so for Vallorin this is exactly what he would have hoped for.

2. Do you see yourself as a combative or non-combative or a mix of both for the Club? Would you join your brothers and sisters on a ride, or prefer working a business to earn the Club money?
Vallorin fights when he needs to. He doesn't (intentionally) go and pick fights, but if he believes he or someone he holds dear is being hassled or bullied, he will quickly hop on the opportunity to shoot some guns and sign some sigils in order to defend those he cares about. That said, he would not at all be against working behind the bar or for the club in some less than legal manner.

3. What Club business were you thinking of working for? Or are you thinking of adding your own to boost the revenue for the Club?
I see Vallorin as a small scale smuggler and information vendor. If that were something he could do on behalf of or for the club, he would be totally willing to perform those actions for/with the Malverines. Within the club, I could see Val as a bouncer or a bartender, as he likes people and wouldn't mind slinging drinks or chatting up drunk rowdy patrons.

05-10-2014, 12:43 AM
1. We have asked you about our character standard, but let ask something a bit more. BlackSky focuses on creating a immersive, and lore focused storyline. We do not mind some lore bending, but we as a guild focus on trying to remain within the bounds laid out by Carbine, and also the forms of Rp our guild aims to create.

What are your thoughts on this?

2. We are a guild in pre-launch which means our activities mostly focus around forum roleplay, chatroom events, and socializing on Skype, even so most of us are here for the long haul. What is your perspective?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-11-2014, 09:36 AM
1. We have asked you about our character standard, but let ask something a bit more. BlackSky focuses on creating a immersive, and lore focused storyline. We do not mind some lore bending, but we as a guild focus on trying to remain within the bounds laid out by Carbine, and also the forms of Rp our guild aims to create.

What are your thoughts on this?

I look at lore as a guideline for the development of one's characters. Are most Aurin very attached to nature? What if your character was adopted and hated it? This is a very simple example of lore bending, but it works because it fits with the character and the story that person wants to tell. That said there is a very distinct difference between bending and breaking. I once knew a RPer who played a character in the Star Wars universe that had been transported through time and space from Earth and ended up on Tatooine. While I believe everyone is entitled to do as they wish with a game they pay for, the lore breaking nature of his story made it difficult for others to suspend disbelief and RP their characters in a more believable manner. I think that creating a character outside of the box and that is unique is good, but if you are wondering if that character goes a little too far, they probably do.

2. We are a guild in pre-launch which means our activities mostly focus around forum roleplay, chatroom events, and socializing on Skype, even so most of us are here for the long haul. What is your perspective?

With the game so close I feel like I missed a lot of these excellent opportunities (damn you school/work!). Even still a lot of this is likely to continue going on strong, and I hope to throw my hat in the ring and get involved with RP mediums other than the game. The largest problem I have had over the years (since the end of SWG) was finding a "home" or group of core people I could not only RP with, but play tabletop games with online or even just shoot the breeze. The idea of being in the game for the long haul excites me, as it means I get to be involved in the beginning, and hopefully make new and long lasting friendships along the way!

05-11-2014, 08:18 PM
Excellent your app is now up for consideration. You are free to ask me some questions if you have any Big Grin

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-13-2014, 10:35 PM
Well mate you've been approved for the next step so sending a PM your way with a pile of information!

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser