Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vikenty's Application
05-09-2014, 02:13 AM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2014 11:42 PM by Xeinder.)
Vikenty's Application
About the Player
Main Character Name / Primary Alt Name: Vikenty
Enjin / WildStar Central Username: panamaalex/panamaalex
Primary Character / Alts Joining the BlackSky: Vikenty
IM Contacts: panamaglaze (Skype); panamaalex (Yahoo, MSN, Google)
What is your primary region / timezone and playtimes? Pacific (PST/PDT GMT -8/-7) Play time varies but usually in the day, sometimes in the evening.
Are you eighteen or older? Yes 38.

Did you read and do you agree to abide by our Rules and Policy? Yes and yes.

Where did you find us and why do we stand out?You stand out because of your organization, your willingness to set a core story element for others to build around. My brother actually pointed me in your direction.

Would you like to join our Guild Skype Group? And or the Guild Mailing List?Yes and yes.

Are you a member of any additional guilds, circles, warplots etc?No.

What are your primary playstyles?Medium RP, PvE for now.
(Casual / Medium / Hardcore RP, PvP, Social, PvE, Raiding, Dungeons, Crafting)

About Roleplay
What is your roleplaying experience?I'm going to say relative newbie as it has been sometime since I've RP'd.
(We are newbie friendly, if you need help we will teach you).

What are your primary Roleplay Limits?I tend to limit things of a sexual nature to only what is necessary for the story.
(Gives us an idea of what forms of Rp or themes you will not participate in.)

Are you okay with the R rated (content in our guild contains adult language, violent situations, partial nudity, narcotics) nature of our Roleplay?Yes.

What do IC Consequences mean to you? Would you be willing to deal with the consequences listed in our lore? Such as humiliation? OR even being beaten within an inch of life or worse?In character consequences are a part of the story. To me, it is a sign of maturity if a player can accept certain things as part of RP. For example, you may be a hero, but you are not invincible. If the story warrants it, and I need to be injured, captured, maimed, or whatnot, I am fine with it. If my character needs to be removed from the Malvarines, I see it as my job as a role player to play out the consequences in character. Do I need to plot revenge? Do I start my own club to correct an injustice. It's all fair game. HOWEVER, if it comes to starting a rival gang/club it will need to involve some high level OOC talks among the leadership as that is a massive undertaking and should involve more people. I can explain this in better detail vocally as it takes up less real estate on the page. BTW, this is an extremely rare hyper extreme example of IC consequences. Not the norm. Should not happen more than once in a storyline.

Would you be willing to take consequences if your character left the Club or Agency and warranted them?Yes.
(Could be a simple as being banned from guild IC hubs, or being openedly mocked, or worse.)

About the Character
NOTE: If you are unsure about a main character at this point, answer these questions as best you can to help us understand you a bit.
What is your character's name / race / class / path?Jeptha/Mordesh/Engineer.

What faction is your character joining?The BlackSky Malvarines
(You may place alts and your main in either the Malverines or the Sovereigns, or both if the character is a spy and you speak to an officer.)

Tell us a bit about your character's personality, include three strengths and three weaknesses.Jeptha is soft spoken, affable, and dependable. Someone you want to be watching your back. Weaknesses: Shy around the opposite sex, is terrified of Jabbits, does not do well with the drink (repressed anger manifests and then the fights are on).

What would your characters occupation or job within their faction? Are they employed by a guild business or have their own?As an Engineer with a Settler Path fixing things is what Jeptha would like to do. Bikes, houses, anything technical except weapons. He will be attempting to work with the guild business if accepted.

Why would this character join or become a Prospect of either the Malverines of the Sovereigns?The Malverines have what he lacks, confidence, comraderie, clankers (how he refers to hoverbikes). It also gives him a sense of purpose, a goal to strive for.

[Image: BSM-Test_zps0d28d513.png]
A member of the BlackSky Community
05-09-2014, 07:11 AM
RE: Jeptha's Application
1. What are your thoughts about conflict resolution and drama in general? In that regard what did you think of our rules?

2. We as a guild focus on building a sense of brotherhood and guild identity, and how to bring members closer together in our collective community. What are your thoughts on that?

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
05-09-2014, 12:47 PM
1. What are your thoughts about conflict resolution and drama in general? In that regard what did you think of our rules? I'm not a fan of OOC drama, but as long as humans are involved in forming guilds drama will soon make an appearance. A good plan to minimize the instances of drama seems to already be in place.

2. We as a guild focus on building a sense of brotherhood and guild identity, and how to bring members closer together in our collective community. What are your thoughts on that? As cliche as it is, a team is as strong as its weakest link. That is partially correct. A team is also as strong as its bonds between its members. Those two combined determine a team's strength and by extension a guild. Building a sense of brotherhood/sisterhood can only increase the enjoyment of the community as a whole and provides an extra layer of support in good times and not so good times.

05-10-2014, 12:42 AM
1. Our guild has an open freedom of character types, but we ask that characters have a strong tie to the guild before earning their full membership that fits the theme of their chosen faction, and also follow our Character Standards, what are your thoughts on this?

2. We asked you about R rated content, your Rp limits and consequences. Can you tell me why these are important things to ask someone?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-10-2014, 02:11 AM
It. Characters are integral to story. Requiring characters to meet a certain standard allows for a cohesive story telling experience. It is great to be able to fit your character into a certain standard because you spend more time in the forming of the character and are more invested in him/her.
2. By knowing people's limit it is easier to regulate any group of people. They are aware if the rules and the possibility of where things may lead to and also the leadership has a sense of direction a story can go for everyone's enjoyment.

05-10-2014, 09:09 AM
1. What did you think of our two factions? Do you see any problems arising from them, or any good arising from them?

2. What about the Malverines interests you the most?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-10-2014, 11:13 PM
1. What did you think of our two factions? Do you see any problems arising from them, or any good arising from them? a)The two factions make for a protagonist/antagonist relationship. The problem that concerns me is balance. One of the things that makes for great story is that the good aren't always good and the bad aren't always bad. Just like real life Everyone has a line they won't cross. In our pursuit of great story it can be easy to lose sight of that.

2. What about the Malverines interests you the most? Well, the challenge. Just like the JEDl Order community of guilds in SWTOR, having a guild specifically for Jedi, and one specifically for Troopers and so on is challenging. Getting people to stay with a theme (especially in Republic SpecForce since all troopers have to wear a uniform and some stand guard at major Jedi meetings). With the concept of a hoverbike club things aren't as militaristic, yet there has to be some order. The challenge is there to be certain and getting through it will be fun.

05-11-2014, 12:22 AM
Yer. Strange enough we actually more active Sovereign applicants as of late. Could they overtake the Malvs? Perhaps Big Grin

1. In our guild we do split our stories into Seasons which each then feature an event obviously named an Episode. What are your thoughts about having Episodic content organized into ongoing story arcs?

2. With that in mind, what do you think about our core story elements such as the Grey Line, Adult RP and how it will affect our stories?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-11-2014, 11:00 AM
1. In our guild we do split our stories into Seasons which each then feature an event obviously named an Episode. What are your thoughts about having Episodic content organized into ongoing story arcs? Perfect for the feel of the RP. It also gives us a story that progresses where there is a beginning and an end and character progression that can be developed methodically.

2. With that in mind, what do you think about our core story elements such as the Grey Line, Adult RP and how it will affect our stories? They both go into character development. Like I stated earlier, the good guys aren't always good, and the Anti-heroes aren't always bad. There are also things that occur in a criminal environment that are of an adult nature. Those will be present in our stories one way or the other. It also requires a mature audience to handle these kinds of situations so it separates us from the "kiddie" guilds.

05-11-2014, 08:23 PM
1. What did you think of the Black Sky (united) history showing both factions in equal light?

2. What were your thoughts on the Malverine Lore and the themes that we present for them?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser