Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Corth Orbital's Application
05-09-2014, 10:32 AM
Corth Orbital's Application
About the Player
Main Character Name / Primary Alt Name: (If you only have one character you do not have to state an alt).
Primary: Corth; Alt: other forms of Corth or Corthan

Enjin / WildStar Central Username: (If you use neither please state what other community sites you are active one relating to WildStar)
Enjin: Case, WSC: Corth Orbital

Primary Character / Alts Joining the BlackSky:
Corth and an alt (eventually) with a similar name (will be the same person IC)

IM Contacts: (We use Skype primarily)
Will provide skype name if admitted

What is your primary region / timezone and playtimes?
eastern. daytime play about 1-2 times per week and nighttime play about 2 time per week.

Are you eighteen or older? (Please state your age if you can.)
Yes, 32

Did you read and do you agree to abide by our Rules and Policy?
Yes. I agreed with all of them

Where did you find us and why do we stand out?
I was looking on wildstar rp forums. I was specifically looking for an RP intelligence organization.

Would you like to join our Guild Skyp Group? And or the Guild Mailing List?
no thank you. not at this time. If admitted I will check the forums very frequently.

Are you a member of any additional guilds, circles, warplots etc?
Not in wildstar.

What are your primary playstyles?
(Casual / Medium / Hardcore RP, PvP, Social, PvE, Raiding, Dungeons, Crafting)
Medium competitive WPVP and PVP. Casual PVE. No raiding. Medium RP. Casual crafting.

About Roleplay
What is your roleplaying experience?
(We are newbie friendly, if you need help we will teach you).
I was involved in a medium RP guild in SWTOR most recently. We conducted Republic trooper RP. With them I led RP patrols, participated in large RP events, and developed my character storyline. Prior to SWTOR I have been doing light to medium RP in many MMOS for the last 15 years.

What are your primary Roleplay Limits?
(Gives us an idea of what forms of Rp or themes you will not participate in.)
I do NOT participate in RP dealing with buying, selling, or owning slaves. I WILL participate in a storyline that involves slave rescue, or killing slave owners.

Are you okay with the R rated (content in our guild contains adult language, violent situations, partial nudity, narcotics) nature of our Roleplay?
Yes. definitely.

What do IC Consequences mean to you? Would you be willing to deal with the consequences listed in our lore? Such as humiliation? OR even being beaten within an inch of life or worse?
As long as the punishment fit the crime then yes.

Would you be willing to take consequences if your character left the Club or Agency and warranted them?
(Could be a simple as being banned from guild IC hubs, or being openedly mocked, or worse.)
Yes.

About the Character
NOTE: If you are unsure about a main character at this point, answer these questions as best you can to help us understand you a bit.
What is your character's name / race / class / path?
Corth Orbital - Cassian Spellslinger - scientist
if I can have an alt it will be a Cassian stalker explorer. (same person, different equipment for a different mission)

What faction is your character joining?
(You may place alts and your main in either the Malverines or the Sovereigns, or both if the character is a spy and you speak to an officer.)
Sovereigns for sure.

Tell us a bit about your character's personality, include three strengths and three weaknesses.
Corth is a driven man. Driven to what, it's hard to say. He is single-minded when he focuses on something. Whether it is analyzing strategic level intelligence or gathering tactical intelligence in the field, Corth stops at nothing to get what he needs. This is a strength or weakness depending on how you look at it. He is intelligent and extremely observant. However, Corth's personality comes at a social cost. He is not unkind or uncaring, just distracted and aloof. What he lacks in a sense of humor he makes up for in loyalty. He is fine with authority - if he respects the leader. If not, who knows what will happen. He is loyal to the Dominion but more so to his friends and organization. Corth is a clear thinker but has, in the past, struggled with mild narcotic use. (still fleshing all this out as the game progresses)

What would your characters occupation or job within their faction? Are they employed by a guild business or have their own?
I would love for Corth to be involved in intelligence collection and reconnaissance for the sovs. This is the primary reason for wanted to join your guild. Secondarily I would like to be involved in security for other members and officers.

Why would this character join or become a Prospect of either the Malverines of the Sovereigns?
Corth's in-game background will qualify him for intel, reconnaissance and security. Corth loves to put the pieces together - to help the commander make more informed decisions. His background story will include a stint with the ICI. still working all that out.

OOC: I have conducted world pvp reconnaissance in several MMOS now for RP guilds. It's a role that I have taken a liking to. I love being the eyes and ears of guild officers. Also OOC, I am trained in executive protection and threat assessment IRL. I would love to conduct some bodyguard roleplay. I could help advise the guild if we run any RP or events that require a security detail. I can recommend everything from threat assessment, protective intelligence, advance operations, counter-surveillance, client movement, etc. would be fun!

Thank you all for considering me. I would love to answer any further questions you may have.
05-10-2014, 12:41 AM
RE: Corth Orbital's Application
1. What are your thoughts about conflict resolution and drama in general? In that regard what did you think of our rules?

2. We as a guild focus on building a sense of brotherhood and guild identity, and how to bring members closer together in our collective community. What are your thoughts on that?

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
05-10-2014, 06:49 AM
1. What are your thoughts about conflict resolution and drama in general? In that regard what did you think of our rules?

In any group, such as a family, tension and problems are inevitable. Many of these problems are due to misunderstandings, mispeaking, or confusion. Mature people are able to work these things out - sometimes with an arbitrator. Even though problems are bound to arise, unnecessary guild drama CAN be avoided. My previous swtor guild had anti drama rules such as yours and there really was quite a bit less drama than other guilds I've been in.

Regarding your rules and regs related to drama and conflict resolution, they are all necessary in an mmo. It might seem like too much to some people but I know from experience that they are necessary. Guilds with less structure often fail.

2. We as a guild focus on building a sense of brotherhood and guild identity, and how to bring members closer together in our collective community. What are your thoughts on that?

If a gaming guild is not a close community then people will just join to GET something and then leave when they either get what they want out of it or realize they won't get what they want. Guilds like those have a high turnover rate. Close knit community does not always mean small, and need not include cliques. With the right leadership there is a way to foster community and identity.

I never join guilds that let anyone in and do not foster a sense of belonging. It doesn't mean I take video games TOO seriously, just that I see guilds for what they SHOULD be: a place for like minded gamers to develop gaming relationships, not just a group of people all trying to use each other for something.
05-10-2014, 09:33 AM
1. Our guild has an open freedom of character types, but we ask that characters have a strong tie to the guild before earning their full membership that fits the theme of their chosen faction, and also follow our Character Standards, what are your thoughts on this?

2. We asked you about R rated content, your Rp limits and consequences. Can you tell me why these are important things to ask someone?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-13-2014, 02:31 AM
1. Everyone's imagination should be respected. That said, some people might have ideas that simply don't fit with the direction of the guild. In order to build a coherent story, guidelines must be in place. This, I'm sure, is why you have rules such as respecting the lore and character standards. A proper theme for one's character, faction, class, and race is just as necessary to RP as having a proper name. As an applicant, this is appealing to me because it will challenge me to have high standards for my own RP and it comforts me that the rest of the guild has a coherent unity.

2. Everyone has a unique background. At the core of all of this is gaming - which should be fun. As adults, we can have fun by discussing R rated topics. But some people, because of their background might encounter certain things that no longer make the game "fun". It is important to screen applicants to make sure we are a good fit for the guild given the RP discussions. On the one hand, a guild can't be constantly walking on eggshells when trying to RP adult content, on the other hand, a guild (or leaders) should be aware of certain issues for individuals.

These questions also let the members know that how they feel about certain things matters to the guild and to the leadership. But it also makes it clear that not everything can be controlled in a mature environment.

All of the rules and regs seem to be aligning everyone on the same page. All good guilds do this.
05-13-2014, 04:21 AM
1. What did you think of our two factions? Do you see any problems arising from them, or any good arising from them?

2. What about the Sovereigns interests you the most?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-13-2014, 04:59 AM
1. I think two separate factions is a great idea as it allows members to roleplay very different characters. Each gives members the opportunity to explore different RP aspects. The only concern I would have is - will both guilds exist on the same server? If so, could that impede rivalries? For example, if members are making friends on both sides of the isle, it may make competition watered down.

2. Joining one of the guild roles interests me the most. The unique RP of an agency or corporation allows for a diverse storyline. I was specifically looking for a guild with that RP.
05-13-2014, 06:43 PM
Yes, each Faction will exist on the same server, which we believe will be Evindra, but that could change as Carbine is holding onto their server list. And, there is a friend system in-game for the other faction its a "rival' tag.

1. In our guild we do split our stories into Seasons which each then feature an event obviously named an Episode. What are your thoughts about having Episodic content organized into ongoing story arcs?

2. With that in mind, what do you think about our core story elements such as the Grey Line, Adult RP and how it will affect our stories?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-13-2014, 10:50 PM
I've made a huge mistake

For some reason, I thought I read, or maybe I assumed, that you all would be on an RP-PVP server. I always do my RP on those servers - or even just PVP servers as it doesn't make sense for enemies to not be able to attack each other when there is an encounter.

Unfortunately I will not be putting any characters on a PVE server.
05-14-2014, 03:01 AM
I am sorry to hear that. For that reason we have decided to in response deny your application. You are free to if you decide to apply again.

Have a nice time in game!

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser