Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ahlia's Application
05-11-2014, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2014 03:05 PM by ShadowedSin.)
Ahlia's Application
About the Player
Main Character Name / Primary Alt Name:
Ahlia

Enjin / WildStar Central Username:
Ninja Cadillac

Primary Character / Alts Joining the BlackSky:
Ahlia

IM Contacts:
Skype: sexeeexee (I know it looks odd but there’s a story behind it, I swear)

What is your primary region / timezone and playtimes?
I’m in Arizona so I’m in perpetual MST since we don’t apply Daylight Savings here. And my playtimes are horribly inconsistent due to work.

Are you eighteen or older?
Yes, I will be 22 in a couple of months

Did you read and do you agree to abide by our Rules and Policy?
Yes and yes

Where did you find us and why do we stand out?
Your level of organization is very appealing to me and the overall tone of the guild also came across as very attractive. I’ve been in several different MMO’s, played with a very wide variety of players with different play styles, and the ones I like the least seem to be frowned upon in this community. I found you by browsing the Wildstar-Roleplay forums while searching for a guild that caught my attention and you happened to draw the lucky number.

Would you like to join our Guild Skyp Group? And or the Guild Mailing List?
Yes to both

Are you a member of any additional guilds, circles, warplots etc?
I’m in a circle with one friend but that was mainly just to test it out to see how it all worked.

What are your primary playstyles?
I consider myself a Hardcore RPer and I never mind doing dungeons and raids or PvP, even. However with my work schedule being so hectic, I often try to unwind from a busy week by roleplaying rather than smashing my keyboard to blow things up. But it’s a close second.

About Roleplay
What is your roleplaying experience?
I started back in 2008 in the Star Wars Galaxies Emulation Project(SWGEmu) where I joined the only active RP community of <TIP/BOTHA>. 3 months later I co-founded the community that would become the largest RP community of the game for 4 years, and three months in I was voted to be the new co-leader of said community when the original leader had to step down for personal reasons. I have been helping that community ever since, though now I’m more of a behind-the-scenes guy for personal reasons though I’ve organized a handful of events that have mostly been highly praised.

I played Star Wars: The Old Republic for about a year with the guild Hydian Expeditionary Outfit <HEO> where I was promoted to the leader of all trooper-class characters. I kept that position for about eight months before leaving the game due to loss of interest from most of my friends leaving.

Aside from that I had spent some time in RIFT without a guild due to a difference in play style between myself and most guild leaders. I played Guild Wars 2 for some time but stopped when most of my friends stopped playing. I also played World of Warcraft for a bit though I never was heavily invested in it.

What are your primary Roleplay Limits?
I’m fine with pretty much anything that doesn’t involve rape. I’ve had that come up in the past and it’s something that I’m very uncomfortable with. Aside from that, as long as it doesn’t break the lore of the game, I’m fine with it.

Are you okay with the R rated (content in our guild contains adult language, violent situations, partial nudity, narcotics) nature of our Roleplay?
I don’t see how a guild could be fun without it!

What do IC Consequences mean to you? Would you be willing to deal with the consequences listed in our lore? Such as humiliation? OR even being beaten within an inch of life or worse?
To me, IC consequences mean that if your character does something stupid, they won’t get off with just a “Try harder next time” or a wag of the finger by the guild leader(s) and it’s something that’s sorely needed because without those more severe consequences, people will do whatever the hell they want because they know they won’t get into trouble for it.

Would you be willing to take consequences if your character left the Club or Agency and warranted them?
Absolutely! I love seeing people be punished for the things they do. Slaps on the wrist are overrated.

About the Character
What is your character's name / race / class / path?
Name: Ahlia
Race: Cassian
Class: Medic
Path: Explorer

What faction is your character joining?
Ahlia will be joining the Sovereigns. Hopefully.

Tell us a bit about your character's personality, include three strengths and three weaknesses.
Strengths: She’s not easily mislead due to her stubbornness. She uses a combination of logic and observational intelligence to gather what information she needs and she clings to that with an iron grip.
Ahlia is also rather intelligent which aids her in a many number of things, and she has been known to use her intelligence and her articulation to manipulate others when needed.
She is capable of being very quick and agile on her feet which – If she were to be trained properly – could make her an effective scout as well as her medical knowledge to treat the sick and wounded.

Weaknesses: She can be TOO stubborn at times, often making her hostile to new facts that she doesn’t feel fit the circumstances at hand and can thus skew her opinion of things.
She doesn’t always seem to be the friendliest person. Not to say her bedside manner is lacking as a doctor, but her personal disposition towards most people is most often seen as apathetic or detached.
Ahlia is not the most devoted person you will ever meet. Her method has always been placing self-preservation first if she feels that her life is in danger. She isn’t a traitor or a spy, but she values her life more than she values others.

What would your characters occupation or job within their faction? Are they employed by a guild business or have their own?
Ahlia has worked in a few different areas here and there with her medical knowledge, her favorite of which was as an Emergency Physician. Currently she is unemployed and looking for a new job wherever she can find one.

Why would this character join or become a Prospect of either the Malverines of the Sovereigns?
She has the potential to become a scout if needed, and her medical knowledge could quite literally save lives. You can never have too much health care and Ahlia can provide quite a bit of it. On top of that, she does have some devotion to the Dominion for family-related reasons that she’s rather protective of with strangers. She would join because it's a place for her to work with some familiar faces that she may(or may not, depending on IC interactions) come to trust which makes everyone a little bit happier. And Ahlia likes to be happy.
05-11-2014, 08:46 PM
RE: Ahlia's Application
1. What are your thoughts about conflict resolution and drama in general? In that regard what did you think of our rules?

2. We as a guild focus on building a sense of brotherhood and guild identity, and how to bring members closer together in our collective community. What are your thoughts on that?

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
05-12-2014, 12:52 PM
1. What are your thoughts about conflict resolution and drama in general? In that regard what did you think of our rules?

I like the set up of the rules. In the past I have seen people get away with offense after offense after offense and see little-to-no repercussion simply because the "officers" were too shy to kick anyone out of the guild. I dislike OOC drama and IC drama can either be done very well or very poorly. I try to avoid it as much as I can and will definitely be reporting any and all rule-breakers ASAP.

2. We as a guild focus on building a sense of brotherhood and guild identity, and how to bring members closer together in our collective community. What are your thoughts on that?

"Brotherhood" and "guild identity" I like because it helps everyone become invested in the guild rather than being invested in just a few people. It helps drive great RP interaction and fun times OOC.
05-12-2014, 09:30 PM
1. Our guild has an open freedom of character types, but we ask that characters have a strong tie to the guild before earning their full membership that fits the theme of their chosen faction, and also follow our Character Standards, what are your thoughts on this?

2. We asked you about R rated content, your Rp limits and consequences. Can you tell me why these are important things to ask someone?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-13-2014, 02:27 AM
1. Our guild has an open freedom of character types, but we ask that characters have a strong tie to the guild before earning their full membership that fits the theme of their chosen faction, and also follow our Character Standards, what are your thoughts on this?

It's a good way to go about recruitment since the guild is an IC guild. As someone who has been a part of both IC and OOC guilds, the IC ones always had an extra bit of enjoyment in the RP as it gave all of the characters a reason to come together and gave them a common bond. It can make things a bit exclusive since not everyone will have a character who may fit in the guild, but it also helps filter out some of the people who would otherwise not belong.

2. We asked you about R rated content, your Rp limits and consequences. Can you tell me why these are important things to ask someone?

They're important because you want to make sure that everyone is comfortable with the content of the guild ahead of time so you don't run into any issues during an event. This helps keep drama and OOC conflict to a minimum and fun times for all.
05-13-2014, 03:27 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2014 04:11 AM by ShadowedSin.)
1. What did you think of our two factions? Do you see any problems arising from them, or any good arising from them?

2. What about the Sovereigns interests you the most?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-13-2014, 04:17 AM
1. What did you think of our two factions? Do you see any problems arising from them, or any good arising from them?

I like the two faction setup. It allows for organized cross-faction events where you don't have to worry about different guild rules or preferences in style and makes for a much more enjoyable time for both groups. The only problems I can imagine coming from it are mainly appearance-based. From the outside looking in, it could appear a bit exclusive or elitist to some, otherwise I can't imagine it would cause too many issues.

2. What about the Sovereigns interests you the most?

The level of organization and the use of lore. The structure of the guild with the rules and requirements for membership. It helps to keep things calm and organized and it's something I really would like to be a part of. I've seen guild after guild try to be accepting of just about everyone and it always ends with drama and in-fighting and stress. I'd also love to see how the concept I have in mind for Ahlia can work and develop within this environment.
05-13-2014, 06:41 PM
1. In our guild we do split our stories into Seasons which each then feature an event obviously named an Episode. What are your thoughts about having Episodic content organized into ongoing story arcs?

2. With that in mind, what do you think about our core story elements such as the Grey Line, Adult RP and how it will affect our stories?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-14-2014, 09:42 AM
1. In our guild we do split our stories into Seasons which each then feature an event obviously named an Episode. What are your thoughts about having Episodic content organized into ongoing story arcs?

I'm not used to that sort of setup, but it sounds like it would greatly help with organization and managing the story of the guild overall as opposed to doing whatever whenever and having three events for a period of time followed by no events. I cannot say anything about it from experience, but in theory it sounds very interesting and effective for a community that has a guild in each faction.

2. With that in mind, what do you think about our core story elements such as the Grey Line, Adult RP and how it will affect our stories?

Adult RP almost seems like a must-have for a guild in this type of setting - as it does in most MMOs. By allowing that added factor of "sometimes people suck" and the variables that are the more mature themes of romance (betrayal/infidelity, pregnancy(when done properly), and the many, many emotional factors) - Add that onto the mental impact and physical impact that war has on one's mind. I can't imagine trying to play in this setting without opening up to the more Adult RP themes.

This in tandem with the Grey Line(which I was very happy to read as it struck a common note with me) can build for some truly epic and memorable moments. I believe that the best villains are the ones that deep down you know are not pure evil. That when you really look at them, you can completely understand where they're coming from. These are the types of villains that I like to create for my stories. Having morally grey heroes and villains really opens things up for people to watch and say "I'm rooting for this guy" or "I'm rooting for the other guy". And that's what makes it awesome (i.e. the majority of the Game of Thrones cast, most characters created by Aaron Sorkin, as well as classics like Han Solo and Lando. And don't forget Heisenberg). As you may be able to tell from my lengthy reply, the concept you call "The Grey Line" is something I'm very passionate about and will do anything and everything I can to improve the quality of RP related to it.
05-14-2014, 01:33 PM
1. What did you think of the Black Sky (united) history showing both factions in equal light?

2. What were your thoughts on the Sovereigns Lore and the themes that we present for them?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser