Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ahlia's Application
05-14-2014, 01:42 PM
RE: Ahlia's Application
1. What did you think of the Black Sky (united) history showing both factions in equal light?

Showing both factions equally, painting neither as the protagonists or antagonists, allows the readers/players to decide for themselves how they wish to take part and also helps them understand better what the opposite faction is all about. It makes all events and story progression understandable for everyone and can lead to bigger and better events as time goes on.

2. What were your thoughts on the Sovereigns Lore and the themes that we present for them?

I see a lot of differences between them and the Imperial Army from the Star Wars franchise, but that's the comparison I keep drawing. They're the organized military power that has training in espionage and advanced equipment(for the most part) as well as the support of the Dominion. And on paper, typically that may give them the edge, but history can show us numerous cases of that not happening. That said, I love the theme of the guild and love some of the other characters that I've read about and imagine things will be spectacular once the game is up and running.
05-14-2014, 10:23 PM
1. As a member what do you desire from a good guild leader? Give us some examples and let us know what a leader should bring to the table? What about officers?

2. Now what about members in return? What should they do to make the guild a better place?

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
05-15-2014, 04:27 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2014 04:27 AM by Ninja Cadillac.)
1. As a member what do you desire from a good guild leader? Give us some examples and let us know what a leader should bring to the table? What about officers?

As a member and a leader/officer of multiple guilds in the past, I always tried to be active and outgoing with the rest of the guild. I liked to listen to the ideas of other members to see what I could do to help make things more enjoyable for them (within reason) and try to help run events that everyone could enjoy. I like to see the plot continue progressing, I like to see leaders and officers behave like regular members when appropriate but step into a leadership role when needed. To make it cliche: Be one of us, but be the best of us.

And also: Try not to play favorites. I know it's natural for some people to gravitate towards other people, but in the past it has infuriated me to see guild leaders only RP with their favorite members and leave the rest of us on our own to do whatever. That's a huge no-no for me.

2. Now what about members in return? What should they do to make the guild a better place?

They should respect the structure, rules, and expectations of the guild at large. No member is more important than any other and should not be given special treatment as if they are. If they have good ideas, it should be up to the officers to decide if they want to go through with whatever it is. They should not start drama that is nothing but toxic to the community. And they should not attack the leaders for things that they can handle themselves.

We're all part of the same community. Let's all do our part to make it awesome.
05-15-2014, 06:33 AM
1. The Sovereigns are influenced and based upon the Pinkerton Dective Agency, or Private Military Contractors. They are dutiful to the Empire, but work for the highest bidder. What are your thoughts on this and how your character fits or connects with this organization?

2. Do you see yourself as a fighter or a support character for the Agency? Or maybe a bit of both? Would you join an Agency expedition, raid, or simply work to help it increase its funds?

3.Which Agency businesses were you thinking of working for? Or are you thinking of adding your own business to the Agency as a means to provide in part for the Agency?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-15-2014, 07:01 AM
1. The Sovereigns are influenced and based upon the Pinkerton Dective Agency, or Private Military Contractors. They are dutiful to the Empire, but work for the highest bidder. What are your thoughts on this and how your character fits or connects with this organization?

That is essentially Ahlia's entire mindset. She wants to serve the Empire, but wants to reap some sort of benefit from it. She has pledged allegiance to the Dominion, but not to any one person in particular (yet). She serves the greater good as long as it doesn't put her life at too much risk.

2. Do you see yourself as a fighter or a support character for the Agency? Or maybe a bit of both? Would you join an Agency expedition, raid, or simply work to help it increase its funds?

Ahlia would be a bit of both, but primarily a support character. She is capable of a little bit of combat, but her main focus is medicine and healing. She could also provide some help to science and research divisions (depending on what's being researched) and she has some survival and stealth skills that could allow her to be used as a scout if needed. If given her choice, though, she'd stick to being a medic.

3.Which Agency businesses were you thinking of working for? Or are you thinking of adding your own business to the Agency as a means to provide in part for the Agency?

Any medical business that may already be established or starting up my own if need be. Could be in the form of a medical center/hospital or something smaller like a doctor's clinic. Whichever the Agency needs and will allow. She has no problem stepping into a sort of leadership position if need be, as long as she is put in a position where she can do some good.
05-15-2014, 01:38 PM
1. We have asked you about our character standard, but let ask something a bit more. BlackSky focuses on creating a immersive, and lore focused storyline. We do not mind some lore bending, but we as a guild focus on trying to remain within the bounds laid out by Carbine, and also the forms of Rp our guild aims to create.

What are your thoughts on this?

2. We are a guild in pre-launch which means our activities mostly focus around forum roleplay, chatroom events, and socializing on Skype, even so most of us are here for the long haul. What is your perspective?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-15-2014, 01:59 PM
1. We have asked you about our character standard, but let ask something a bit more. BlackSky focuses on creating a immersive, and lore focused storyline. We do not mind some lore bending, but we as a guild focus on trying to remain within the bounds laid out by Carbine, and also the forms of Rp our guild aims to create.

What are your thoughts on this?

I have been known to be a bit of a lore-nazi at times. Still catching up on all of the lore Wildstar has to offer as it's released, but anything that isn't answered in lore I usually leave up to public opinion. If everyone else is approving of it, then I won't complain. I prefer the most immersive experience as it brings out the best in characters so they're easy to identify with and realistic. Which makes RP that much more fun.

2. We are a guild in pre-launch which means our activities mostly focus around forum roleplay, chatroom events, and socializing on Skype, even so most of us are here for the long haul. What is your perspective?

I am here to stay (assuming you all like me enough to let me stick around), and I have no problem socializing on Skype and such. The forum roleplay may be a tad difficult at times. When I'm at work, it's hard for me to get any free time to type up any posts on my phone and I typically work anywhere between 40-60 hours per week, but I will do my best to be as active as I can through any medium. Skype shouldn't be an issue, though.
05-15-2014, 03:28 PM
Thanks for your answers! Your app is now up for consideration!

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser