Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Open, Sovereigns] Hunting the Hunters
05-15-2014, 07:38 AM
[Open, Sovereigns] Hunting the Hunters
Under the blazing sun hanging over Mikros, Drazhar sprinted tirelessly. It was that time of the year again - the time when the clan (and a few various volunteers) hunted the up and coming generation of tribesmen. It was a rite of passage for some, and a training session for others. While some of the young opted to simply hide nearby their starting point, the others, the more experienced, chose to run, and run they did.

Drazhar was already at a disadvantage being human, as opposed to his Draken counterparts, but that didn't stop him from striving for greatness. It had been about an hour since the hunt began, and he was sure those that hid had already been found out. The thought almost made him laugh, but he kept that to himself. While his fellow tribesmen ran beside him, a piercing howl caught the wind behind them. Caught off-guard by the sound, they fearfully slowed just long enough to peer behind themselves. Just less than a kilometer away was a pack of their elders by a single generation, and they were on their way toward them. Luckily, they were just about to make their way into a nearby treeline that would shield them from their hunters' views.

As some of his company wasted no time in finding refuge among the tall grasses and trees, Drazhar chose to dig, and dig he did. Using nothing but his own two hands, he tore at the dirt beneath him as vigorously as he could. Before long, there was a sizeable enough whole to be used as a pitfall. After covering it up carefully with various grass and shrubbery, he made his way further into the jungle. After a few minutes, the Cassian lowblood had fixated a few more traps within the foliage. A mace trap, among other infamous ones like a door trap. Now settled in a fortress of traps, he lied in wait. It was just a matter of time before the fun began.
05-16-2014, 01:59 PM
RE: [Open, Sovereigns] Hunting the Hunters
As Clara made landfall on Mikros, she looked over her dataslate **Drazhar M. Vezner, Stalker Corps, possibile deep connections to Draken culture. Approach with caution.** "Hmm, better be worth the trip." Clara said to herself as she moved a strand of hair off of her face. Stepping out of the craft, the hot sun of Mikros hit her in the face, she hadn't been on the planet in years since she took part in her first hunt and by the sound of the horns and rustling of grass and trees she had just stepped into the middle of another one. As Clara tabbed a sequence of keys on her thigh pad, her camo suit concealed her in time to watch a young man run past her, two rather large Draken right on his tali, "Should have dug a hole." Clara chuckled to herself.

The HUD in Clara's glasses lit up, alerting her to an impressive array of traps as she slowly walked deeper into the jungle. Side stepping and jumping as she moved, Clara finally spotted the man she was looking for, hidden in a makeshift fortress, one good enough to keep even the bravest of young Draken looking to prove himself at bay. As she moved closer to his back, Clara shifted downwind, she didn't know what the Draken had taught the man, and she didn't want to risk anything rushing forward.

[Image: BSM-Test_zpsf11a4753.png]
A member of the BlackSky Community
05-16-2014, 10:29 PM
Crouched near a tree and enveloped in shrubbery, Drazhar kept a watchful gaze scanning over his surroundings. He knew it was only a matter of time before someone sprung his traps. All it took was patience.

After a lengthy moment, the sound of screaming and panicking pierced the air. As one of his elders set off a trap, it led all of them into more and more of the deadly craft. Of course, the traps weren't meant to kill, but only incapacitate. That, however, they did marvelously. Chaos was everywhere among the hunting party, and their audible fear was music to the Cassian's ears.

"Like flies in a spider's web." He whispered quietly to himself.

His "hunters" almost made him snicker. Almost. Nonetheless, he was so preoccupied with amusedly watching the tribe squirm helplessly that he hadn't noticed any of the noises produced by the woman slowly creeping up behind him. He dropped himself from his crouching position onto his behind and leaned against the tree beside him. Letting out a sigh of relief, he smirked as he continued watching the party.
05-16-2014, 11:18 PM
Clara watched as the menagerie of traps went off, and to be honest it was a sight to behold. As Drazhar sat down and leaned on a trunk Clara frowned, "Hmm, good, but a bit cocky." Clara thought to herself. As she stood behind the Cassian, Clara kneeled down, her black-blue stalker blades slowly extending from their hilts. Tabbing a sequence on her keypad, she brought the blades up to the Cassians neck, coming out of cloak as he leaned against the tree, "Seems like the spider should have checked his web." Clara said as he whispered into his ear. "If you want to work for me you need to be a bit better than a meager gathering of traps..."

05-17-2014, 05:08 AM
Drazhar’s amusement didn’t last long as he felt a pair of blades press against his throat. He almost instinctively produced a low growl at the woman, disliking the feeling of the cold metal against his flesh. In his best attempt to seem disarming, despite his discomfort, he raised his hands in a cautionary fashion. He kept his voice low, not wanting to attract the attention of the few nearby Draken that remained. “Can’t blame a guy for not expecting a visitor from a fellow Stalker..” He let out a sigh as he drew his gaze back at the woman before continuing. “And I’d have no right to call myself one if I didn’t know my way about the body and its most vulnerable points.And judging from the way you hold those things-” He tapped at the claws held to his throat. “-you know that killing is child’s play.”
05-17-2014, 11:59 PM
As Clara held her blades to the Cassian's throat she gauged his reaction, having your life threatened can be a stressful event, but the Cassian was taking it in stride. "Drazhar, i'm here to offer you an opportunity, one that will get you off this rock and back into proper civilization. Of course if you rather sit here until an elder gets tired of your presence and kills you that is fine with me." Sheathing her blades, Clara pulled out a small semi-automatic pistol and sat down beside Drazhar, the weapon clearly pointed towards him in Clara's lap. "Just in case." Clara said with a wink. Watching through her HUD, Clara looked over the jungle as she watched the Draken hunt their prey. “Pitiful offering this year, by this time I had already claimed two elders…”

05-18-2014, 12:49 AM
Drazhar chose to ignore the last thing Clara said, shaking his head. Nonetheless, however, he continued to jest. "I'm going to go off on a limb here and say that I was most likely going to say yes, but now that gun is starting to make me have second thoughts." He laughed quietly for a short moment before it was stifled. He shrugged his shoulders and centered his gaze back on the woman. "Oh, what the heck. Course I'll take you up on your offer. Been getting a little bored here anyway. Besides, it's not like I could possibly say no to such a pleasant lady like yourself." As he finished speaking, his lips curled into a smirk. Nobody ever said one couldn't make fun out of being held at gunpoint.
05-18-2014, 08:06 AM
As Drazhar spoke, Clara kept her gaze straight ahead, looking for any Draken that thought they were in for an easy prize. "If the intelligence on you is valid, you're rough around the edges, but full of potential. That is what i'm looking for, someone who can be molded." As Clara began to speak again, a young Draken darted in there direction, but was stopped and yanked into the air by a well hidden snare. "Well that must be embarrassing...anyway you would have access to whatever training facilities you would like. Hell, we could have some trees imported from here if it makes you feel more comfortable." Standing up, Clara walked towards the Draken, still snarling and slashing around trying to free himself. Setting her pistol to stun, Clara put two rounds in the captive's chest, knocking him out. "So, any questions?"

05-18-2014, 10:56 AM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2014 10:57 AM by Drazhar.)
Seeing the Draken quickly knocked out caused Drazhar to chuckle lightly. He stood up shortly after it had seemed that the coast was clear. After hearing Clara's proposition, he found himself practically sold. One thing still crossed his mind, however. "Any regulations as far as trophies are concerned? I like to cherish the memories of a good hunt, typically with a souvenir or the like." His tone was a curious one, but a serious one at that. Back at where Drazhar stayed on Mikros, he had a numerous amount of mementos to various hunts hanging across his walls. Some of it was even turned into protective armor, such as shoulder pads, knee guards, and masks. "Pretty sure that's the only question I've got."
05-20-2014, 08:17 AM
Holstering her pistol, Clara smiled at Drazhar, "If you decide to take trophies they will not be allowed to be displayed outside of your personal quarters. You are going back to the company of people who might not appreciate a skull hanging over your threshold." Walking back toward the Cassian, Clara reached into her pocket, pulling out a small red and gold star and a leather bound book, "Personally I have learned that a gear locker makes for suitable storage for any prizes you may claim."