Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
IC Interview [Open Introduction] First Impressions
05-16-2014, 06:59 AM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2014 11:02 AM by Vallorin.)
[Open Introduction] First Impressions
Val was bored. It wasn’t a new thing for Val, almost every time he had to sit and wait for more than a couple minutes the gnawing sensation of boredom nipped at his composure. The table in front of him vibrated in rhythm where he rested his feet. He twitched a lot, especially when he was bored. He always felt that he had to keep moving, as if some sitting still would somehow cause him to explode with unbridled energy. The not so good nuns at the orphanage had always told him that he must have had some shark in his blood, because they were sure if he stopped moving he’d keel over dead. Hell, even in his sleep he rocked back and forth. Val could sleep. Sleep would actually be pretty nice. He wasn’t sure the last time he’d slept, two, three days ago?

“Meh,” he thought, “This ain’t no time to be nappin’.”

He had a meeting after all, and he didn’t think napping was a good first impression maker. Also, he had a small case of clean cut Accelerite strapped to the lower part of his back, and he’d be damned if he was going to end up falling asleep and blowing himself and the small saloon into tiny bits. Not intentionally at least. He had all his money wrapped up in those volatile little crystals, and after this meeting he was going to track down a solid Fence, and finally get paid. Val continued to rock in his chair with his feet propped on the table as he watched the splintered saloon doors. He ran an empty bullet casing through his fingers as he stared at the door with a zombie-like focus, a sigil forming in his palm as the shiny metal casing slowly became encrusted in frost.

Pain shot through his fingertips and up his arm as the ice made the empty casing so cold that it hurt and drew him out of his trance.

“Ow!” He spat as he dropped the case reflexively and shook the pain from his fingers. He shook his hands so vigorously in fact that he found himself falling back, his balance and weight no longer held in place by his feet on the table. He leaned forward, swinging his arms in a futile effort to fall forward instead of back.

“Not good! Not good! Not good!” he spat as he tumbled back rolling over the side and praying to all gods known and unknown that they let him not be blown into tiny pieces of fur. Landing on his backside, his Accelerite inches away from being crushed by his bony arse, he heard the doors of the saloon creak open. Val popped up instinctively, his cheeks red with embarrassment.

“I shoulda just takin’ a nap…” He thought with a sigh.

[Image: xERefdA.gif]
05-16-2014, 07:39 PM
RE: [Open Introduction] First Impressions
I dun pay myself enough for this sceat. The man thought as he made his way toward the Saloon itself. So much work to just keep his livelihood and at times he wondered if it was al worth it. Being the manager of a saloon was far different than skippering a ship. Back during the days of his command Cathal's thoughts had primarily focused on resource and surviving. Trying not to be caught in the latest string of fighting that erupted whenever scouts were sent out to look for goods to keep the ramshackle fleet from falling apart.

Nope now he owned a fucking bar. A bar, like one of those old fogies who always worked with the Judges and talked about creating some sort of lounge for other old fogies. Now he was a fogie. That every principle alone bothered him to high hell. Then he heard something from within the bar itself and he stopped. The doors themselves appeared have been splintered a bit and he groused.

Dammit.

He pushed his way in to see a small Aurin male on the ground near some strange looking crystal.

"What by the damn Eldan are you doing?" he glared at the Aurin as he mouthed and inhaled a bit of vapor from his e-cig.

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
05-18-2014, 01:17 AM
Val's cheeks continued to redden as he slid his hand quickly over the small case of Accerlerite. Even shocked and off balance Val moved his hands with the speed and dexterity of a surgeon, or a pianist. Or someone who spent most of his life stealing shit. Val stood and slid the case into the waistband of his pants behind his back and dusted himself off as he put the chair back where it belonged.

"Me? Nothin'. Well, waitin'. I'm waitin'. Waitin', which I guess really is doing nothin' if ya ponder on it." Val said, his accent strange and words nearly tumbling out of his mouth at an almost impressive, if not uncomfortable, speed.

An idea shot through Val's mind like an arrow, and immediately he began to feel at the pockets of his pants is rapid succession. He checked each one four times before finally retrieving a small worn sheet of paper and unfolding it. From the back, it appeared to be part of a "Wanted" posting, with details of pay and part of a shifty man's face scrawled across it.

"I'm waitin' for someone named," Val paused as he seemed to mouth the letters inaudibly, practicing the pronunciation before speaking. "Cattel. Wait, Cathal." Val giggled to himself, "Cattel. Like Cattle. That'd be a funny name."

Val's face paled as he remembered what he was doing. He swallowed and met the newcomer's eyes, "Are you Cattl- I mean, Cathal?"

05-18-2014, 02:36 PM
The small little furry thing was, interesting. Cathal had known aurin for a while, and had even traded with a few before the ravaging. As a race they were always, interesting. The males were smaller than their women, which was again, interesting. He could go on all day about how something or someone, or some chit was interesting. What caught his attention was the aurin's attempt to guard something. What was that, Loftite?

His eyes only narrowed when the aurin removed a beat up wanted posted. Where did that come from the Ekose? The man thought about it as he stared at the lazy scrawl across the poster. Then without warning the kid started chattering away. Said Cathal's name, and then tried to compare it to a roan or whatever. He would take a minute to think about how he was going to parse this situation.

After a minute of quiet thought, the man sighed and let out a stream of smoke vapor from his nostrils.

"Aye, tat be me."

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-20-2014, 02:53 AM
Val let his shoulders relax, and let out a long, satisfied breath.

"My name's Val. Short for Vallorin. Though people call me Crash. Or Val. You're call really." Val said at the same speed he always spoke, far too fast.

"I heard that you lead a group called the Malverines, and that you might be lookin' to bring some new people on. I'd like to be one of those people. The ones that you bring on that is. I got skills and what not that I think'd be mighty useful. I have a resume. Well I had one. Okay, I never wrote one but I can tell you all the things that'd be on it." Val continued, mentioning everything from previous jobs to the better places he'd be incarcerated in, seeming to never stop for a breath as he went down the list.

"Pickpocketin' and general swift talkin' are my specialties. Oh! And I tended a bit o' bar and cleaned tables for awhile too. Quick hands made me pretty good if I do say so m'self. Oh, I'm also pretty good at shootin' things that need shootin'. People, places, things. You name it." Val finished as he flourished his pistols and spun them about on his fingers, becoming distracted as he continued to spin twirl them.

05-20-2014, 04:58 AM
The kid did not wait at all wait in getting started in explaining at what he was about. A moment of silence preceded Val or Crash as he introduced himself. Then came a barrage of explanations for everything, and how the kid had heard of them. Cathal's instant response was to grab a chair and promptly sit down. A stream of vapor began to slowly creep from his nostrils as he inhaled a bit more from the electronic cigarette.

"Tat's a bit o' impressive lad, sa let me ten say it eh, I could use a bus boy, an' barback. Ye canna serve to, if yer willin ta make sure no one hassles the entertainment," he said simply and glanced a bit toward the door and then said.

"Yer payin fer yer door shit. An' yer gonna tell me wear yer gonna telle me how ye got that mineral yer hidin," Cathal stated.

"Ye also gotta know the rules."

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-20-2014, 05:22 AM
Door? What door? Val looked past Cathal at the somewhat splintered mess of a door that he had kicked several hundred times until it had opened. That door.

"Oh. I can pay for that. Sometimes I can pick'em. Sometimes though I kick'em." Val stopped, then giggled to himself as he realized he had made a pun. That was a pun right, or was it just rhyming. Dammit Cathal had kept talking while Val reveled in his kick/pick joke. Something about barbacking, stopping people from hastling the entertainment, rules... And something about a mineral.

The Accelerite. The Accelerite that he'd stolen from the drunken Dominion Courier as part of his very well thought out and elaborate "Pay the dancer to shake what her mamma gave her while he took the small case and fled" plan. Oh, that Accelerite.

"I uh, "acquired it" from someone in exchange for a lap dance." Val paused. "Not me dancin' mind you! Someone else! I just watched." This was not getting any better. "Long an' short of it I stole it. That's really what I shoulda led off wit'."

Val shifted his weight uncomfortably before continuing, "I can keep people from gettin' handsy an' work the bar, whichever's needed. And I'm really good with rules. Learnin' em, 'memberin' em. Not breakin' em. I write them down. It helps."

"So uh, what's th' rules?"

05-20-2014, 05:30 PM
What was his name? Val? Kid Val likes ta yammer a lot. Cathal was not a super talkative type, and usually preferred his quiet. Val was going on and on about what he could do while Cathal gave him a lazy glance of listening and absorbing. The fact he had stole the mineral was interesting, for a lap dance, not likely. He took a moment to glance at the bar, and then the kid wondering how someone so short was going to make a Granok pay attention. Did seem quick on the draw. He took stock of that. The Reily man then took a deep breath as he summoned his memory of the charter.

"Aye the rules, we calls 'em the Charter.

Charter says members get o' the right of some services, defense, and a cut of pay fram jobs. Ye course gotta pay some dues ta help support the club too though.

In the Club or gang we gots me the Boss, an then the Officers of the Table, below em are the Deputies, the Members, then Prospects. You gonna be a Prospect till we decided ye've earned yer colors.

Sa lets cover them Charter.

One: Strength in the Brotherhood, means we only strong as everyone around us. Also dun go causing fights if ye can avoid it.

Two: Respect those above an' the Chain o' Command. This means ye gotta again respect those above an' follow orders.:"

He took a moment to thumb his jaw as he was thinkin, "Next is Never betray the gang.

Finally, only big shit goes to the table. Dun kill someone wit' out the tables okay, no goin an' starting wars, or bringing in new business without tables okay. Got it?"

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-21-2014, 11:00 AM
Vallorin quickly holstered his pistols and pulled a small worn journal from the inside his jacket along with an incredibly shiny and ornate pen. As Cathal continued, Val scribbled notes into the journal while occasionally meeting his gaze to show he was paying attention.

As Cathal continued to list the rules or "Charter" Val plopped onto the floor and continued to take notes. From that vantage point Val's crude handwriting and distracted doodles could easily be viewed, and in between notes and rule segments one could easily see him drawing pictures of items in the room and even Cathal himself, though it did little justice.

As Mr. Reily finished his small speech, Val popped up and nodded purposefully as he looked over the notes and doodles he'd created. "Got it. Yup. Got it."

"This whole thing is a club, an' you're the boss. You guys have tables, where you meet wit' your officers. Those officers have deputies who do stuff that is figured out on the table. Then you got th' members an' prospects, which would be me, who follow th' orders of those abov'em. We gotta pay our dues, an' the club gets a but of what we make in exchange for services an' money from other jobs." Val said as he continued to read off of his journal.

"Next, everyone is only as strong as the weakest members so try not ta suck. An' don' go startin' fights like some drunken frat boy. Listen to those above ya, an' do what your told. Finally, don't betray th' gang. I gotta feelin' doin' so will lead to a beatin' or a serious case o' the deadsies." Val finished and closed his journal.

Val slid the journal and pen back into his jacket and smiled, satisfied with his answers. That smile quickly dissipated as he remembered something and drew the journal from his jacket so quickly that it almost seemed to materialize in his palms. "Almos' forgot! Don' go killin' no one or starting no wars or new business withou' tables. I mean without th' tables approval. Not the actual table, but the people who meet a' said table. At least tha's what I assumed ya meant. Caus' ya can't talk ta tables, I tried."

Val's smile returned as he slid the small journal away yet again, satisfied with his answer.

05-22-2014, 05:43 AM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2014 06:35 AM by ShadowedSin.)
Cathal was trying to decide of Vallorin or Val was being a smartass or was just naturally, hyper. Either answer could be applied mostly likely so he rightfully decided to remain neutral on the subject. Fact was he was just listening as the kid was a business opportunity and a new possible addition to his crew. The man gave the kid a once over and saw the notepad, or was it a journal?

"Not a bad kid, sure ye can get a chance. One test though, why we have rules bout not killin' people without the tables approval?" he asked seriously. He took a moment to think it over a bit more, Cathal thumbed the pipe a bit as he watched the aurin. Vallorin seemed like he had a decent head on his shoulder. Plus the very story of getting a bit of pickpocketing in from a Dominion whatever was interesting. Truth was the Exile was not buying the lap dance situation.

OOC: Sorry short post ><

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser