Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[ IC Interview ] Graveyard
05-17-2014, 03:45 AM
RE: [ IC Interview ] Graveyard
Taking the dataslate in hand and giving the names a quick once-over, Ahlia looked up to Clara with a confident smile. "Miss Fitzroy..." She paused, considering her next words very carefully as not to give the wrong impression. "Consider your proposal accepted. When do I start?" She smirked and extended a hand over her desk to the other Cassian woman. This is what Ahlia had wanted for years. To manage her own practice, to make her own decisions, and to hopefully receive some actual recognition for her work. All she had to worry about now was finding a decent staff to help her achieve everything she wanted in her field. And putting faith in others wasn't her strong suit, but she would gladly learn if it meant accomplishing her goals.
05-17-2014, 11:46 PM
"Consider your proposal accepted. When do I start?" Taking the doctor's hand, Clara gave it a firm shake. "Outstanding, you can start as soon as you finish up whatever you need to here. I will speak with your boss on my way out." Sliding the small star over to Ahila's side of her desk, Clara stood and made her way out of the office. Turning her head as she left the room, she gave Ahlia a quick nod as she made her way out.

[Image: BSM-Test_zpsf11a4753.png]
A member of the BlackSky Community
05-19-2014, 06:36 AM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2014 07:19 AM by Ninja Cadillac.)
((Wrap-up. Figured it was just about done Big Grin You're welcome to continue it if you'd like.))

Ahlia watched as Clara left her office, wanting to ask her to prop the door open for her, but decided that it wasn't worth the effort. She now had other things to think about. Her eyes fell down to her papers once more, the medical records needed to be finished for her patient before she left, but it would be difficult to focus on them after what had just happened. She reached over and grabbed the star Clara had left on her desk and lightly traced her thumb over it. "My own practice... My own staff," she muttered quietly as thoughts raced by her mind. "If anyone finds out about the things I'm gonna do... I'll never be able to work in the medical field again..."

The risk was very high for this job, but Ahlia knew that the reward for it was substantial and she was willing to try. It wasn't the first time she'd taken a risk with her work, but it was the first risk she would take that could very well end her career. "Don't make me one of those 'fall-from-grace' stories..." She set the star down beside her papers and resumed her report of the surgery. Once it was finished, she stood, grabbed the star, shut off the light, and left the office for the last time.