Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sassy and Wild [Introduction -- Closed]
05-19-2014, 06:01 AM
Sassy and Wild [Introduction -- Closed]
((I took some liberties. Don't hate me!))

Sassy and Wild.

Jeenie took a drag from her cigarette as she read the sign, her blue eyes narrowing with dull curiosity. It was makeshift, colorful enough to get just a bit of attention, but not too flashy to attract the ire of any passing Dominion lackies. In the heat of mid-afternoon, it looked like paint-flaking shit, barely held together by a couple of nails; she guessed it probably lit up by night, buzzing with neon, that outline of a barely-dressed aurin probably winked or her tits jiggled or something, and the beer bottle probably flashed side to side. It was the right place, and it was typical.

Typical… except all of the hovercycles. All of the hovercycles. There were already several, and she had a feeling there was hardly a place to park them once that aurin lit up at dark. Which meant that right now was the right time.

She dismounted her own hovercycle and took a last, full-lung breath of smoke, throwing the remnants of the cigarette in the dirt and grinding a boot heel over it. It was a real cigarette--hand-rolled, tobacco and paper, filtered in the old style. She liked them that way--when she smoked at all. It was a nasty habit. She had enough nasty habits without the need to smoke.

The inside of the saloon was only a tiny bit more impressive than the ramshackle sign during the day like this. The windows had been filtered with dark paint, but shafts of sunlight jutted inside where the paint had flaked, and dust floaters hovered in the shafts like so much eerie glitter. There was stage--clearly for dancers--and the whole place smelled like smoke and whiskey and cheap perfume. She eyed the stage and wondered how much one of those broads made per night. More money than Jeenie had ever made, she knew that much--good damn money.

There had only been two men that had ever stared at Jeenie's tits long enough for her to notice, and both of them had walked away without wallets and with a black eye.

That had been good money too, come to think of it. Good money, and a hell of a lot more fun.

The few patrons that sat around were immersed in their own drink, one talking softly on a comm, another staring at a tiny holopad and listening to news from the arkship.

Jeenie strutted easily to the bar and pulled a stool back to climb upon.

"Whiskey," she said, thick with drawl and dust.

The bartender hardly gave her a glance. "Rocks?"

"Yes."

It was in front of her in record time, all tang and warmth. She swirled it in the glass as she eyed the room.

"You lookin' fer somethin'?" The bartender wiped his hands on his bar towel, narrowing his eyes at her.

"A job," Jeenie said lightly, her lips twitching into half a sideways smile.

His glance at her chest was obvious, but not sexual--just appraisal.

"Not a goddamn stripper," Jeenie said flatly. "Who do I need t' talk to?"
05-19-2014, 10:36 PM
RE: Sassy and Wild [Introduction -- Closed]
It was in the middle times of the Saloon when he came walking out of his office and down the large staircase. The place needed a good cleaning since some idiot had hired the place out and trashed it. Cathal was looking fairly tired after hours upon hours getting orders for a maid service to show up and start cleaning the place. A temp was working the bar when he made the final step down from the upstairs and he noticed some woman talking to the bar tender.

"What what is this," he said in his drawling brough as he made his way toward the bar. Dodging a saloon girl, and a waiter in a neat waistcoat. The man was wearing a trim black shirt with a tie, and had a simple pair of black solid pants on along with shined riding boots. Rims around his eyes bespoke of his hard work as he glanced at the woman.

"I dun need mar strippers sa ingore the chit over, why ye hare? I got a bar to clean up, and yer demanding a bit to even hold my attention." The man said as he raised an eyebrow.

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
05-20-2014, 02:01 AM
Jeenie looked the man over, bottom to top, top to bottom, and made no move to hide it. He looked damn tired, but put together, and just pissed off enough to be the manager. She took a sip of her whiskey and got the distinct impression that this probably wasn't a good time.

"Well ain't you fancy," she said lightly, offering a somewhat sheepish, if wicked, smile. She looked rough, herself--dusty black canvas pants tucked into pair of heavily scuffed black boots, and a white tank hung loose enough over her frame to be comfortable. Her hair, also dusty and unremarkable brown, was wind-blown and needed a good washing. There was a smudge of dirt or oil or something across her right cheek.

"If this ain't a good time, darlin', I'll move on. I jus' heard y' might be hirin' some guns." She paused, reaching under the back of her tank; her hand reemerged with a mag pistol. "I'm a gun." She set it on the bartop, let go of it, and locked eyes with the tired man. "'m Jeenie," she offered with the faintest of smiles, and held out a hand for shaking. "Jeenie Mae Marlon."
05-20-2014, 03:55 AM
Quote:"Well ain't you fancy,"

Smart mouth. He thought to himself as he watched her visage morh into a wicked smirk. The man's response was to walk toward the bar, jump the entire thing thing as she started giving him the spiel. Another gun for hire, the damn fleet had an entire legion of those on call whenever he needed. He pulled out a small pipe and dumped a bit of tobacco into it before lighting it with a small torch. The thing puffed instantly as he then poured himself a glass of bourbon.

"Oh really ten? A gun fer hire ye say? I sure could use one of tem, aye jus a load of 'em," the man replied sarcastically as he pulled down his hat and sent out a streak of angry smoke from his mouth. He then lifted aside the pipe and shotgunned the liquor in one gulp. The quick jolt woke him up a bit as he then thought about taking a caffeine stim into his blood stream.

"Names Cathal Reily, formerly Skipper Reily of the damn fleet Gunship BlackSky. Tis wonderful place be a bloody Saloon ye likely see, sa why should I have ye join my outfit?" he replied crossing his arms.

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-20-2014, 07:31 AM
Jeenie's brows raised high and her smile fell, her unshaken hand falling to her lap. She took a breath, nostrils flaring, and leaned an elbow on the bar top, swirling the whiskey in her glass for another moment before taking a larger gulp. She chewed her tongue as her temper calmed. The man's sarcasm had struck a wrong chord, but this wasn't the time to snap at him. The whiskey glass hit the bar again with a dull thunk, and a rivulet of condensation trailed its way to the veneered wood, pooling.

"Look, Reily--" The word had all the slow drawl of lowborn, but none of the smartness she'd previously exhibited. "--can I call you that? Reily, I ain't here t' beg you fer work." Her jaw set, and one brow raised. "I'm here because I heard you was hirin', an' I thought we might be able to strike up a… mutually beneficial situation."

The whiskey glass lifted again in her hand, the condensation having made a watery ring on the surface of the bar where the glass had sat. She swirled it, something of a habit, and glanced down into it, blue eyes narrowed, as she weighed her own words before setting them loose.

"For all intents and purposes, I can work for myself. I git by jus' fine. I can make my own camp, my own fires, my own food. I can take out small Dominion camps, take whatever shit might sell, and make enough gold to live like a damn king for a month." She paused, taking a sip. "But I'm tired--an' it's got damn hostile out there." Her head canted once in the direction of the door. "Hostile… an' I ain't always been on the right side of the law.

I ain't askin' you t' take me in. I'm jus' askin' for… protection, if you will. A place t' hide when I need t' hide. A place t' sleep when it's rainin'. A place to drink--'cause this is damn good whiskey." She smiled, lifted her glass and took the last gulp of amber liquor. "An' in return, I offer you twenty-five percent of whatever I make off my own work while I'm under yer roof, and my services when you need another gun. I know you already got some, but I bet you ain't got none like me." She grinned again, her eyes sparkling with mischief. "An' from what I hear, you got some enemies."

The glass hit the bar top with a final, empty thunk.
05-20-2014, 06:14 PM
Cathal did his usual listening, and absorbing routine. He set aside the pipe and listened. The woman had reacted badly to his usual sarcasm as he leaned against the bar and sighed. The man then shifted as the old scar on his chest hurt a bit and then he cocked an eyebrow.

"Ye can call me Cathal, Reily is the family name, a right type family," he said. Cathal knew most everyone in the Algoroc valley, and had spent enough time with most folk to get a sense of regard. When people got all high and might he usually shot them. This girl, was needing to learn a few things.

"I tink you misunderstand lass. When I be hiring I bee lookin ta expand my crew, my family if ye will. Evry time I be takin on a new Prospect, I be makin' a gamble. I got Dommie special forces gunnin fer me, so that's fine yer self sufficient, but if yer gonna toss yer shite evry time someone talks ta ye in a certain way yer not selling yerself well." He said and then reached into his boot and held up a large knife.

"Sa let me be breakin it down fer ye. The Malverines are me crew, me brothers an' sisters. We gots a set of rules that govern how shite werks.

Rule one, ye be part o' the Brotherhood. We be one family, one blood.

Rule two, ye Respect that Chain o' Command. That mes the boss, that's the Officers, an' evryone bove ye. Eh?

Rule tree (three): Ye Never Betray the Gang. Simple nuff.

Rule four: Only the table decides bit shit. Ye dun kill, ye dun starts wars without me or the Officer say so.

Long story short darlin, if yer el solo lobo, I should just shoot ye hare as yer gonna get me crew kilt if that's yer way."

He was gruff and to the point.

"As I said, Gun's are dime o' dozen, I'm lookin fer brothas, an' sisters who gone keep our life free."

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-21-2014, 12:37 PM
Jeenie nodded as she listened, chewing her tongue again, her expression entirely blank.

When the man's positioning was finished, she paused for a long moment before reaching into her hip pocket and pulling out a few silver. She dropped them on the bar top and pushed them toward the barkeep with a soft, "Keep the change, baby."

She locked eyes with Cathal again, her lips twitching to one side as she considered her words. "I'll tell ya what, darlin'. I respect what you do. I respect your establishment, I respect your brothers and sisters, an' I respect you." She rose from her barstool and reached for her pistol, still atop the bar--pausing for a moment, she smiled sideways and pulled it slowly off the bartop to holster it under the back of her shirt again. "I didn't toss any shit, and fuck yeah I'm a loba sola. I respect you, an' I'll keep on respectin' you, but I ain't fixin' t' change who I am t' please you. So I'll save ya the trouble."

She nodded to Cathal and the barkeep both and turned on her heel to head for the door. "Good luck out there, Cathal. It's a goddamn dirty planet."

((Withdrawing, but thanks for the consideration~!))